Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollow Gaunt
Aug 7, 2007

Yeah, drat, this is my first time trying online play. Who thought a two minute interruption every time someone joins was a good feature?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Anyone have the purple basketball shoes? Would love to get a pair.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It's way too hard to leave a tip on your island, leave your friend code somewhere so I can send a gift by post.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Factum est posted:

Yeah, drat, this is my first time trying online play. Who thought a two minute interruption every time someone joins was a good feature?!

I'm definitely not defending it since it sucks but I doubt having dozens trying to enter and leave an island to sell turnips (or raid Mabel) was what they had in mind.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

It wasn't until I looked at this screenshot again that I remembered, oh yeah! AC: New Leaf had durians! And several other fruits that I guess aren't in New Horizons at all? How disappointing.

sonetlumiere
Oct 25, 2007

Teddybear posted:

There's a bot on the discord that might make it easier, I think it discloses the code to people in a queue so that we don't all clowncar into it?

Thanks, I'll try and track it down. I haven't used discord before.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yeah new leaf had lemons durians lychees mangos persimmons and bananas

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Fangz posted:

It's way too hard to leave a tip on your island, leave your friend code somewhere so I can send a gift by post.

Likewise, dang

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Fangz posted:

Just. Need. To. Make. It. To. The Airport. Door.....

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Personally I think it might be better to go about super high turnip prices like going 'hey turnips are 420 at my island PM me for a Dodo code' so you can try to limit the number of people you get at once.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

can't you only send letters to best friends? my only best friend on AC is my sister and that's because I can go beat her up if she screws up my island 🤔

Policenaut posted:

Personally I think it might be better to go about super high turnip prices like going 'hey turnips are 420 at my island PM me for a Dodo code' so you can try to limit the number of people you get at once.

that's what the discord bot is for

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fangz posted:

Just. Need. To. Make. It. To. The Airport. Door.....

I Have No Mouth And I Must Fish

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
No, you can send letters to just plain friends.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I could see a lot of the tropical fruit being added in a free update later

KracKiwi
Mar 29, 2002

:byodood: well excuse me, princess!
Turnips @ 368. Dodo code HPD63. Southern island, pacific time, oranges. Tips of bells, items, weed cleaning, etc much appreciated! This is a family member's island, so they may not respond/chat.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Shere posted:

I spent like 50 bait before giving up on the Sturgeon today. My wife is playing now and her Nook ticket took her to a flat island with a river mouth leading to a pond. She's spent the last 10-or-so minutes running up and down the river scaring away every fish except for the big shadows that wind up spawning at the river mouth.

e: caught two more while I posted this. She's stalling for nighttime spider island and these are worth more. :getin:

This did it, thanks so much! I didn't realise that you could control fish spawns to this extent on the small islands

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

KracKiwi posted:

Turnips @ 368. Dodo code HPD63. Southern island, pacific time, oranges. Tips of bells, items, weed cleaning, etc much appreciated! This is a family member's island, so they may not respond/chat.

You just sent your family member to hell.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

After my new three people move in, can I sell the stuff I had to put around the outside of their home to get them to show up? They don’t appear to be doing anything with it.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Connection crashed earlier lol. I reopened. DFVL3. Southern fish.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
60 bait later trying to catch a stringfish or sturgeon, came up with nada.

:negative:

Just give me the fishies game

KracKiwi
Mar 29, 2002

:byodood: well excuse me, princess!

The Silver Snail posted:

You just sent your family member to hell.

Haha its ok, they are afk.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

sonetlumiere posted:

0WNRB

Turnips are selling for 531 right now. Feel free to take one of the presents and pieces of fruit in front of the plaza.

Thank you! It was great to visit!

sonetlumiere
Oct 25, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I'll probably do this and use the discord bot next time I've got a good turnip price. Sorry again guys, I didn't expect this many visitors so early in the week.

Friend code is 3942-9692-3500, but don't feel obligated to leave a tip or anything.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Ok, the good news is Mirapoisla is having a meteor shower tonight, and everyone is invited!
The bad news is that my ISP is randomly kicking me off at random times in the day.
If you’d like to try your luck, the code is:
N1431
I’ve also left some stacks of free peaches by the airport entrance. Foreign fruit would be really awesome, if you have any you’d like to give.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Mad Wack posted:

Thank you! It was great to visit!

This goon is lying, it was a visitor notificationfest, but thank you very much for bricking your switch for that time! I made 159k and paid off my loan. :coolfish: Wanted to leave a manhole cover for you but got disconnected.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Whoria Discordia posted:

HOLY CRAP I GOT ZUCKER! He was one of my dream villagers back in New Leaf.

We sure are, pal!

I love how the villagers do a lot more stuff now as they walk around. Today I found Shari randomly singing. It's so cyute!

(Also I have oranges if anyone is looking to trade)

:hfive:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
First confirmed case of the corona on my island:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ahem. ahem.

they call them 'turnips' because when prices are high, all of the goons 'turn up' on your island.

folks,

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

rabidsquid posted:

ahem. ahem.

they call them 'turnips' because when prices are high, all of the goons 'turn up' on your island.

folks,

If you go to this guys island dig a bunch of holes and chop down all trees.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Will tarantulas come out at night if it’s raining?

Innocuous Owl
Apr 9, 2011

Sneaky Pig!

Fritzler posted:

Anyone have the purple basketball shoes? Would love to get a pair.

I've got them! Friend code is 6835-0859-7962. I can send you a pair through my catalog. :)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

gently caress YEAH GOT THAT STRINGFISH

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Where... where the hell are the gyroids!? This isn't an AC until I have a basement of creepy honking, chiming and gonging statues.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

DisposableHero posted:

Where... where the hell are the gyroids!? This isn't an AC until I have a basement of creepy honking, chiming and gonging statues.

every time i dig up a fossil i think this question as well

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Deified Data posted:

I could see a lot of the tropical fruit being added in a free update later

Given the lack of paintings, conspicuously unused upper floor of the museum, lack of motherfucking Gyroids, and other missing features from past games, it's pretty reasonable to assume that Nintendo will be releasing at least a few content updates in the coming months. It's a pretty solid idea to help maintain long-term player engagement. By the time E3 rolls around, bringing with it the annual "slightly longer Nintendo Direct", a lot of the more casual players will likely be drifting away from AC, and a big update would be perfectly timed to draw them back in.

By the way, is there any particular trick to catching flies? I tossed some trash on the ground, do I have to wait until tomorrow for flies to start spawning, or what?

EDIT:

DisposableHero posted:

Oooh, yeah, sorry, by all available information, they're not presently implemented.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

EclecticTastes posted:

By the time E3 rolls around, bringing with it the annual "slightly longer Nintendo Direct"

I've got some bad news for you

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

sonetlumiere posted:

Yeah, I'll probably do this and use the discord bot next time I've got a good turnip price. Sorry again guys, I didn't expect this many visitors so early in the week.

Friend code is 3942-9692-3500, but don't feel obligated to leave a tip or anything.

Thanks for posting, I left you a tip! :)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

DisposableHero posted:

This is why Tom Nook is doing all of this. He thinks putting an entire ocean between him and the Gyroids is enough to escape them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Does the sky have to be completely clear or something for shooting stars? Celeste just told me to watch for them, but I've had the sky showing for about 20 minutes while I do other stuff and haven't seen a thing.