Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
rereading the beginning parts of this chapter

I completely forgot VG appears on this page:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-3-33/

gog seems pissed at solomon:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-5-50/

maya certainly knows about the tournament, not clear why she isn't in it with all the other pursuers... actually I'm not sure what she's even trying to do in general. also, earlier in the chapter it says that her symbol at the bottom there is zoss's symbol:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-6-59/

I also completely forgot juggs appears here:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-8-74/

VG again:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-8-76/

still unclear what allison did here, though her later bluff gets solomon to move zaid to the high security cells which seems to have been the plan:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-90/

Tetracube fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
allison was trying to hide the key in her previous tournament bouts, but (after accidentally revealing it) in that scene she's got it right there in the open

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Angry Lobster posted:

I've been rereading the current arc and Gog-Agog mentions that to win the fight against Solomon you only need to draw a single drop of blood, so maybe the group will be able to sucker punch him. Maybe.

Cio is going to get her pen and draw a drop of blood.

SolDave is so impressed by the technical correctness of this brazen move that he allows it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

nimby posted:

Cio is going to get her pen and draw a drop of blood.

SolDave is so impressed by the technical correctness of this brazen move that he allows it.

this would be amazing, not gonna lie

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Tetracube posted:

still unclear what allison did here, though her later bluff gets solomon to move zaid to the high security cells which seems to have been the plan:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-90/

Yeah, don't think Allison is specifically doing anything there unless I'm missing something. Just setting the scene.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
She contacted Cio, presumably thought her red card.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

This is also what White Chain did to Juggernaut like, three pages ago.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
with everything thats happened now that really makes me wonder what the gently caress is up with juggs "hello BROTHER"

what a sad character

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

team overhead smash posted:

Yeah, don't think Allison is specifically doing anything there unless I'm missing something. Just setting the scene.

meant to link the previous page

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Mimesweeper posted:

with everything thats happened now that really makes me wonder what the gently caress is up with juggs "hello BROTHER"

what a sad character

(S)He seems to have more than a fair bit of denial and shame, and is projecting that emotion outward in a negative fashion.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

(S)He seems to have more than a fair bit of denial and shame, and is projecting that emotion outward in a negative fashion.

I don't think literally being whipped into shape despite her having the same disposition of humanity as White Chain helps either.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
There are like four better words you could have started that sentence with.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

PMush Perfect posted:

There are like four better words you could have started that sentence with.

It wasn't a deliberate slur! What are they, and I'll pick one next time!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It’s just extremely awkward. See, even singular they works. Or their name. Or she. Or “he,” in air quotes.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ConfusedUs posted:

It wasn't a deliberate slur! What are they, and I'll pick one next time!

You can't really go wrong with "they" when you're not sure which pronoun to use.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Thanks guys!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Mimesweeper posted:

what a sad character

Jugg Star and White Chain both want the huge cans/Carpenter Brut moment, but while White Chain is merely worried about what her peers will think of her, Juggs hates herself for wanting it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
White Chain also had a lot of self-loathing about identifying as a woman, she just didn't go to the same extremes Juggy Star did

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
More broadly it'd probably be easier to count the characters in this comics that don't have some sort of self-loathing issues.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

GunnerJ posted:

Jugg Star and White Chain both want the huge cans/Carpenter Brut moment, but while White Chain is merely worried about what her peers will think of her, Juggs hates herself for wanting it.

It seems less like self hate so-to-speak than outright existential despair. Compare her appreciation of teacups with her recent talk about the conquering king. The problem isn't that she can't come to love herself or whatever, the problem is that she's feels fundamentally powerless.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

YaketySass posted:

More broadly it'd probably be easier to count the characters in this comics that don't have some sort of self-loathing issues.

1. Zoss

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

ftfy

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I recall the page text a long time ago saying an extreme amount of force can cause an angel to die outside of the void. as opposed to immediately resurrecting in the void which is what normally happens when they die outside of it.

the super hadouken beam probably meets that threshold, so this might be the end of juggs

not sure about that one, he's clearly got some issues

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think juggs is too important an antagonist to be unceremoniously booted from the comic like that

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Plus, the body is outside the arena. The armor that just got melted is just a puppet. The wheel is probably driving away right now.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

i think juggs is too important an antagonist to be unceremoniously booted from the comic like that
We'll see him later I assure you.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Juggs survived the blast. The armor was melted and fused, but you can see their eyes glowing in the visor. They tried to move the armor, failed, and unceremoniously left the building.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Juggs survived the blast. The armor was melted and fused, but you can see their eyes glowing in the visor. They tried to move the armor, failed, and unceremoniously left the building.

Should have gone with ceramic.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

wiegieman posted:

Should have gone with ceramic.

7 Juggernaut Star But With Asbestos This Time

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

7 Juggernaut They Don't Make Good Pyrex Anymore

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
7 Juggernaut Star Concedes There Might Be Something To This Teacup Idea

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

I mean yeah we've seen angels die in the comic like 5 times and they all come back, it's how they work

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

GreyjoyBastard posted:

7 Juggernaut Star Concedes There Might Be Something To This Teacup Idea

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

they've already got owned twice, might as well be out of the comic. can't be taken seriously as a threat after getting one-shot two times by two separate old people

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
To be fair, in KSBD, at a certain level of martial arts/cutting mastery, 'being old' stops being a drawback and starts being a power magnifier. Literally, in Vigilant's case.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

SunAndSpring posted:

they've already got owned twice, might as well be out of the comic. can't be taken seriously as a threat after getting one-shot two times by two separate old people

Juggs is probably one of the ten strongest beings in the multiverse but has an unfortunate habit of picking fights with the other nine.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Juggs is probably one of the ten strongest beings in the multiverse but has an unfortunate habit of picking fights with the other nine.

probably because she is the one being in existence most sick of her own bullshit

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

SunAndSpring posted:

I'd agree with this thought with the caveat we're done with them as an antagonist. I think it's very likely we'll hear more from them, because there's no way White Chain is letting this go.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't be surprised if the Ring of Power had entire legal volumes dedicated to if angels had to catch a subject enrolled. The Old Law is before Soloman's code came around. lord knows they have enough paperwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

paragon1 posted:

I'm pretty sure if Juggernaut Star Scours The Universe thought they could slaughter most of the demiurges they would have done it by now. Even if it took a thousand incarnations.

Yeah exactly - when I said there was no way any of the angels could go toe to toe with Dave I wasn't talking about the minutiae of power rankings so much as the premise of the comic. Which is that the 7 emerged from the universal war as absolute undisputed bosses of the cosmos and no one can do poo poo about it. If they could, they would.

The angels - all of them, en masse - are so incapable of touching the demiurges that they've given up on their sacred duty to uphold the Law. The Petals just sacked it all off, the Thorns are trying to destroy creation instead, even the Concordants just go after mid level gangsters in what is explicitly a pretty sad attempt to just keep the peace on the streets, they're not storming the demiurges palaces and re-establishing the Law. So it seems obvious there aren't indivdual angels who stand the slightest chance against a demiurge?

Metatron's a special case because he knew the true name of God. Getting that off him was the source of Zoss' real power. It's just that - I think Operant talked about this at some point, I wouldn't know where to find it - he can't actually use the power in the same way humans can. The Law is part of his nature, he possibly doesn't have real free will or at least completely unconstrained free will. Whereas humans are basically just a chunk of the fire of god which can do whatever it wants because Aesma did such a lovely job.

Yeah this is all with the caveat that power levels are bullshit and even the most powerful demiurge can probably just get stabbed in the back. It's just so unlikely to work that angels, literally defined by unrelenting obsession with enforcing the Law, basically gave up.