Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I've been struggling with keeping up with the current relief/stimulus bills being proposed. What's the difference between the stimulus the GOP proposed, which got blocked, and the current bill Pelosi is pushing for?

/edit: I mean, out of experience, I'm assuming the GOP bill was more money for rich people and corporations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Megan Amram (@meganamram) Tweeted:
We should call dying "being taxed at 100%" so republicans will care about it https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1242598343659773952?s=20

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

loving yikes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Welp

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I have never seen this nor heard of it. GODDAMN IT CADBURY

Edit: That hershey's thing makes sense, I definitely liked these more when I was a kid. Now it's a once-every-few years thing and it's always a little disappointing.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 25, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've been struggling with keeping up with the current relief/stimulus bills being proposed. What's the difference between the stimulus the GOP proposed, which got blocked, and the current bill Pelosi is pushing for?

/edit: I mean, out of experience, I'm assuming the GOP bill was more money for rich people and corporations?

What they have in common is neither of them will be passed

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It's almost as if mass made candy is crap!

I really like the chocolate stuff I get from this place at the san fran docks. I can't remember the name but it's good stuff and expensive as all hell.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

ded posted:

I really like the chocolate stuff I get from this place at the san fran docks. I can't remember the name but it's good stuff and expensive as all hell.
Ghirardelli?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Ardlen posted:

Ghirardelli?

No. It's some local chocolate maker.

edit : it was in the ferry market building

ded fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 25, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ded posted:

No. It's some local chocolate maker.

edit : it was in the ferry market building

TCHO

At one point, they sold a particular batch of chocolate at early release.

Gram for gram, it exceeded the price of silver.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This doesn't go here

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 25, 2020

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

I don't think anyone can draw a better exponential curve than that.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Good thing China has zero reported new cases!!

https://twitter.com/rthk_enews/status/1241962672746139649?s=19

Or not!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Eej posted:

Good thing China has zero reported new cases!!

https://twitter.com/rthk_enews/status/1241962672746139649?s=19

Or not!

DID NO ONE LEARN ANYTHING FROM THE MASS DEATH!?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Adding to Covid's March:

https://twitter.com/WaffleHouse/status/1242453966358753283

Maybe when the Waffle Houses start closing up people will starhahahahahahaha...

edit: also you can put money on Atlanta being the next NYC in a week or two, it's in the Perimeter suburbs multiplying and nothing will be done until it's too late.

https://twitter.com/jigyuhan/status/1242626010979471368?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Unlike disney the Waho owners probably consider it a point of pride to be called houseshwitz

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Unlike disney the Waho owners probably consider it a point of pride to be called houseshwitz

Jfc

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Apparently a stimulus deal was hatched and agreed to, the gop $1200 trumpbux one, not the dem $1500 trumpbux. If that's the case, I'll be ordering two 315w CMH lamps and stringing those bitches up in the closet, time to indoor garden. Also a switch and animal crossing, because I'm going to need something to do while growing my medical weeds.

Amazon is gonna take most of that money off consumer hands. Bezos will be rolling in cash scrooge mcduck style.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I think the GOP version included hereditary titles and debtor's prisons.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's whatever this one was, so probably the gop bill.

quote:

The full details have yet to be released. But over the last 24 hours, the elements of the proposal have come into sharper focus, with $250 billion set aside for direct payments to individuals and families, $350 billion in small business loans, $250 billion in unemployment insurance benefits and $500 billion in loans for distressed companies.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics/stimulus-senate-action-coronavirus/index.html

A little more.

quote:

Under the plan as it was being negotiated, individuals who earn $75,000 in adjusted gross income or less would get direct payments of $1,200 each, with married couples earning up to $150,000 receiving $2,400 -- and an additional $500 per each child. The payment would scale down by income, phasing out entirely at $99,000 for singles and $198,000 for couples without children.

Basically the gop bill but with oversight on the 500bn slush fund.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Mar 25, 2020

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1242777450662244352

what

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
loving lol.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The gently caress is this timeline

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

ded posted:

It's almost as if mass made candy is crap!

This place?

https://qz.com/571151/the-mast-brothers-fooled-the-world-into-buying-crappy-hipster-chocolate-for-10-a-bar/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That's a joke of course.

The Waffle house is almost certainly way less racist than disney

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Random thought I had watching stuff like Waffle House temporarily closing and reading about potential 30% unemployment. I think it will be morbidly fascinating to check in a year or two and see by what amount people get hired back at lower wages for the exact same job. Times will be tough for the company after all, and they should just be grateful to have a job.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Prince Charles has the Covid

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He's fuuuucked

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Is it time for the war of the roses mk 2, brexit boogaloo?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I'm sure Prince Charles will be fine as the royal family has buckets of money. It would be Darkly funny if he never got to be king though.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
Our college went online classes two weeks ago. A girl at my table just announced to our class that she's tested positive...

So - poo poo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TCD posted:

Our college went online classes two weeks ago. A girl at my table just announced to our class that she's tested positive...

So - poo poo

Lmao when exactly was she planning on telling everyone

E: online only, what are you doing with a table of students if you're online

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

orange juche posted:

Lmao when exactly was she planning on telling everyone

E: online only, what are you doing with a table of students if you're online

"I thought it was the flu"

We were in tables until March 13. Since then we've been online. There's a chance she was contagious while we were still in the class room.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://www.army.mil/article/233962/u_s_army_raises_health_protection_across_all_installations

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

TCD posted:

So - poo poo

Shouldn't you be displaying symptoms now if not soon? Assuming you are following the guidelines, you shouldn't be infecting anyone at least.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

That is a little late...

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

ASAPI posted:

Shouldn't you be displaying symptoms now if not soon? Assuming you are following the guidelines, you shouldn't be infecting anyone at least.

Some people are asymptomatic. So it’s possible to be a typhoid mary while feeling fine. One of the many reasons for distancing.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

ASAPI posted:

That is a little late...

*The sound of every unit on IRF/CRF/ARF (gently caress, pick a name and stick with it) now feverishly awaiting guidance on that note about extended separation of contingency forces from work/society.*

To be clear, plenty of locations were already rather locked down. This just seems to put stricter regimens on everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

ASAPI posted:

That is a little late...

Meanwhile it’s business as usual on the west coast since everyone is “essential” in I MEF. I get to pour through emails giving guidance on how to get cops off your rear end when they try to enforce the shelter in place orders for California.