Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I saw two strongish tonight, but got so excited I pressed A too quick. This is exactly the kind of stuff they don't warn you about in Health class growing up.

Dad Jokes posted:

Has anyone in the northern hemisphere caught a saddled bichir yet? I'm finding a lot of contradicting info as to which hemisphere has it going away after march.

It's in the S. Hemi only now, but leaves there at the end of March. It's a summer fish for those of us in the North.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Attempting some more cosplay while I wait on it to be a new day and my house to be built. Gonna have to aim for more hairstyles once I get the improved tools.
https://twitter.com/Zerilann/status/1242714488370892801

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is there any outdoor place where I can display items that are hanging-only?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

LODGE NORTH posted:

I saw two strongish tonight, but got so excited I pressed A too quick. This is exactly the kind of stuff they don't warn you about in Health class growing up.

I just do a little breathing exercise as I wait for the fish with my eyes closed. It's very relaxing.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

What are you guys running with for phone cases? I made a jazz cup phone case pattern

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

So regular switch or switch lite? I want to get this but the regular switch is out of stock and I could go with the handheld but I've heard about problems with the controls drifting. Should I wait for stock and get the regular console?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

LazyDivey posted:

So regular switch or switch lite? I want to get this but the regular switch is out of stock and I could go with the handheld but I've heard about problems with the controls drifting. Should I wait for stock and get the regular console?

It's nice to chill out and play it on your TV, so I say regular.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Isabelle hums your town theme

this game just got 10000x better today

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

a7m2 posted:

It's nice to chill out and play it on your TV, so I say regular.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

[quote="LazyDivey" post="[503589447"]
[/quote]

The Switch thread might be able to help more, but since were here already, I’ll give my two cents.

The Switch Lite is objectively “worse” solely on the basis of it having less features than the regular. Some people don’t care about those features and prefer its smaller size, but it shouldn’t be understated that you can’t gain those features you lost by buying some weird accessory later. There’s no way to get video out to a TV, your controls are a part of the system forever, and the size and comfortability is bound by how you hold the system overall. Of course a Satisfye Grip can remedy the last point, but it’s still worth considering before choosing.

The joycon drift issue is a real issue, but you probably won’t have any problem unless you play games where you do a lot of quick, fast movements. Something like Animal Crossing shouldn’t put much strain on them. However, if you view it as “drift is inevitable” the repair for a joycon is replacing that part by buying new ones for $60 or sending the joycons themselves to Nintendo while you play with some other controller etc. For the Switch Lite, you have to send the whole unit back to them.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

LODGE NORTH posted:

The Switch thread might be able to help more, but since were here already, I’ll give my two cents.

The Switch Lite is objectively “worse” solely on the basis of it having less features than the regular. Some people don’t care about those features and prefer its smaller size, but it shouldn’t be understated that you can’t gain those features you lost by buying some weird accessory later. There’s no way to get video out to a TV, your controls are a part of the system forever, and the size and comfortability is bound by how you hold the system overall. Of course a Satisfye Grip can remedy the last point, but it’s still worth considering before choosing.

The joycon drift issue is a real issue, but you probably won’t have any problem unless you play games where you do a lot of quick, fast movements. Something like Animal Crossing shouldn’t put much strain on them. However, if you view it as “drift is inevitable” the repair for a joycon is replacing that part by buying new ones for $60 or sending the joycons themselves to Nintendo while you play with some other controller etc. For the Switch Lite, you have to send the whole unit back to them.

Thanks for the insight. I guess I will be waiting for stock and get the whole console.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Barold is coming over to live with me tomorrow.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
A quick painting of my all time favorite game while I wait on the new day.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Warning to goons, if the place you're visiting DC's while you're there, you can lose all your rare fish. Just lost a great white and arowana :cry:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I have Mabel in my square today if anyone wants to buy clothes while I work. She has some cool pink doc martens.

North hemisphere, apples, shite turnip prices sorry.

HT2D6

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Is anyone in the southern hemisphere willing to let me catch some fish and bugs? I'll leave you a gift!

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Shoehead posted:

I have Mabel in my square today if anyone wants to buy clothes while I work. She has some cool pink doc martens.

North hemisphere, apples, shite turnip prices sorry.

HT2D6

Thanks buddy

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
My daughter made a profile to play on my island. How do I go about giving her items and if possible money easily?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

hadji murad posted:

My daughter made a profile to play on my island. How do I go about giving her items and if possible money easily?

In local co-op (you'll have the feature after she creates a character), as leader, drop items or bells from your inventory. Leave them on the ground, make her leader, then have her pick them up. You can end the session (with her as leader) if you plan on dropping out afterwards without having to restart. If she picks up the items before you switch her to leader, they will go in the box in Tom Nook's place.

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009
Still zero roses or lilies in the nookling shop :mad:

Also, what's the best way to breed hybrids, I've managed a pink windflower and hyacinth already but I didn't seem to get any today and am wondering if there's a guide somewhere?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Seabhac posted:

Also, what's the best way to breed hybrids, I've managed a pink windflower and hyacinth already but I didn't seem to get any today and am wondering if there's a guide somewhere?
Flowers don't wilt/die so as long as they're watered and next to each other, they'll have a random chance of producing a hybrid every day. I've just got a massive field and hoping for the best

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Seabhac posted:

The usual method is to put flowers in an x-shaped grid like so

fxf
xfx
fxf

This way, you maximise the number of flowers that can create a hybrid. I'm sure there are lists on the internet, if you really have to know the perfect combinations. Just google it.

To be honest, though, I wouldn't put that much effort into it this early in the game. There is probably gonna be fertilizer later on. That'll make breeding hybrids way easier.

And More fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Mar 25, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Bloodplay it again posted:

In local co-op (you'll have the feature after she creates a character), as leader, drop items or bells from your inventory. Leave them on the ground, make her leader, then have her pick them up. You can end the session (with her as leader) if you plan on dropping out afterwards without having to restart. If she picks up the items before you switch her to leader, they will go in the box in Tom Nook's place.

You can also just drop stuff outside her house when you're playing that she can pick up when she does, I'm fairly sure.

Remember that most clothing and house items you've had in your inventory once will be available from then on to order from the Nook Shopping catalogue, once you unlock that.

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009

And More posted:

The usual method is to put flowers in an x-shaped grid like so

fxf
xfx
fxf

This way, you maximise the number of flowers that can create a hybrid. I'm sure there are lists on the internet, if you really have to know the perfect combinations. Just google it.

To be honest, though, I wouldn't put that much effort into it this early in the game. There is probably gonna be fertilizer later on. That'll make breeding hybrids way easier.

I'm not super caught up in it, just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time watering flowers because I have them set up all wrong or something. And I find it absurdly exciting to find a new hybrid popping up, it's the first thing I check every morning :shobon:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I currently have three rows of inventory slots, when do you get access to more?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Frankston posted:

I currently have three rows of inventory slots, when do you get access to more?

You can buy the 4th row for 8,000 nook miles once you unlock the town hall

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bina posted:

I feel so old, and outdated.

How are you all posting the camera shots in HD to SA?

I got stuff to share, and I forgot how to internet.

Link your profile to a Twitter account and you can post directly to Twitter from the Switch's album. From there you can save the photo and do whatever with it.

If you don't want the images to go on your timeline, either save the photo and then delete the tweet, or create a burner Twitter account that's just for posting Switch photos.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Got a flower sweater from a balloon! Also discovered I can wear flowers in my hair!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Zerilan posted:

The knit cap isn't nearly pointy enough and I wish yellow was an eye color choice.

https://twitter.com/Zerilann/status/1242701313906966529

I’m in the same boat. I was al ready to dress up like Snufkin but they hat doesn’t match and that’s like half the outfit

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
How is the online so consistently terrible in every single Nintendo game? Just lost all the new fish I caught in another player's session because 1 person had the misfortune of crashing. And the process of characters entering an island is so bafflingly awfully designed.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Araxxor posted:

How is the online so consistently terrible in every single Nintendo game? Just lost all the new fish I caught in another player's session because 1 person had the misfortune of crashing. And the process of characters entering an island is so bafflingly awfully designed.

Nintendo generally assumes you'll be playing with people you personally know/live near you.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Judge Tesla posted:

Nintendo generally assumes you'll be playing with people you personally know/live near you.
More or less, most their advertising for multiplayer games has always been families/couch co-op type stuff, even for games that have online play.

Wouldn't have hurt to just put an Ethernet port on the dock

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh dang, third resident moves in, then the next day Resident services closes, and it's not till the day after we get the upgrade? Boo.

Also, I thought I saw someone say Tom gives you the recipe for the initial fence you get - did I misunderstand? Or do I just need to wait for it to turn up in rotation on the machine?

IronicDongz posted:

ok so clearly deserted island fish are just better than normal fish because I spent hours trying to get a stringfish, fishing up carps and dace and poo poo(best thing I got was one cherry salmon), and then in one relatively short island trip I get all this

cherry salmon x 14
char x 1
golden trout x 2
sturgeon x 1
stringfish x 1

Confirmation bias, but I got a quite a few sturgeons on an island trip. Not much luck on the stringfish, but I guess I'll just need to load up on bait and make another trip.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oxyclean posted:

Oh dang, third resident moves in, then the next day Resident services closes, and it's not till the day after we get the upgrade? Boo.

Also, I thought I saw someone say Tom gives you the recipe for the initial fence you get - did I misunderstand? Or do I just need to wait for it to turn up in rotation on the machine?

Confirmation bias, but I got a quite a few sturgeons on an island trip. Not much luck on the stringfish, but I guess I'll just need to load up on bait and make another trip.

For me that fence has been in the machine literally every day. It's been that and usually one other I didn't have

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I have never had that fence available so far.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

John Wick of Dogs posted:

For me that fence has been in the machine literally every day. It's been that and usually one other I didn't have

Sounds like just weird luck on your end. I’ve had a new two fences every day, none of which are the original picket fence Tom gave me.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

If I unlock the extra appearances, does it unlock for everyone on my switch? Or does every player need to unlock them?

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Sahara's in town today.
Turnip prices are bad.
Dodo JK499.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lol it looks like Flick will buy bugs for 150% asking price. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathCrabForCutie
Jul 14, 2019
oh fuc-

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I must say, I am very unimpressed by the music in this. A real shame!

same turns out you unlock hourly music after a certain point, for some reason. why tf nintendo

Also my island is currently: Zucker, Shari, Tammi, Hamlet, and Annalisa. so far so cute!