Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I guess the point is that people are likely to continue not buying cars for the foreseeable future.

It's a double whammy. Many people who need cars for their livelihood aren't going to be able to afford them and those who can afford them have their cars sitting idle in their driveway right now not accruing wear and tear.

Eventually people will be going back into the office and commuting again, but I have a feeling that another fallout from all of this is large number of people not returning to the office full time, continuing to suppress demand for new vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

prom candy posted:

Elon... good? No, that can't be right.

Ventilators bad?

He just bought a warehouse full of surplus Chinese units that the Chinese no longer needed and shipped them.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It's still a net good if Elon absorbed the 5x markup on them rather than the hospitals.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

JK Fresco posted:

Inshallah so many dealers go outNof business thst carmakers start to think about direct to consumer sales

Niy likely buy we can alwahs hope

it is not likely but there are some interesting opportunities

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/MikeMartinez_AN/status/1242413930414211072

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Call me when a real company builds a ventilator out of SUBMARINE STEEL

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol an American automaker making incredibly sensitive medical equipment they’ve never made before WHAT COULD GO WRONG

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

lol an American automaker making incredibly sensitive medical equipment they’ve never made before WHAT COULD GO WRONG

i was under the impression that respirators are pretty simple, but don't really know one thing or another about it

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wonderllama posted:

Call me when a real company builds a ventilator out of SUBMARINE STEEL

Watch GM put out a commercial about how filters are for pussies because their ventilator doesn't have one.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i was under the impression that respirators are pretty simple, but don't really know one thing or another about it

It’s a typo they meant a thousand ventilators

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

In theory, sure.

However they need to be incredibly reliable and highly adjustable for variation with various modes based on pathophysiology, and highly sensitive for things like tidal volume, leaks, etc.

Powershift posted:

Watch GM put out a commercial about how filters are for pussies because their ventilator doesn't have one.

Z71 Catback Ventilator

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I'm gonna get a japanese ventilator and tune it

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

prom candy posted:

I'm gonna get a japanese ventilator and tune it

2J-wheeze

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

rotary ventilator

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

:discourse:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

poo poo this is good.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

When V(entalator) Tech kicks in!

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

rotary ventilator

Oxygen in, apex seals out

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'll take the Lexus ventilator please

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I'll take the Lexus ventilator please

I'd settle for a Toyota one, but I hear the air pump is now made by BMW.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I was on a ventilator 8 times in March and I think knowing there are General Motors ones out there would have genuinely worried me.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Powershift posted:

I was on a ventilator 8 times in March and I think knowing there are General Motors ones out there would have genuinely worried me.

I bet the ventilator you used and the company that made it didnt even have a single JD Power award.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Me, getting hooked up to a GM ventilator: Wow, is this a BMW? It looks like a BMW!

Real people. Not actors.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Franco Caution posted:

I bet the ventilator you used and the company that made it didnt even have a single JD Power award.

The drugs they knocked me out with get my initial quality award but I come out of it feeling like I drove a Chevy.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

If GM and Ford are making ventilators, I want a RCR review.

:colbert:

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi
Gung Ho remake, but instead of the car falling apart at the end, the ventilators the scabs build restart the pandemic because they didn’t follow sanitization procedures.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Just watched the Doug Demuro Tesla Model Y review, and I cant stop laughing at the following:

-The rear middle seat's huge Gate Latch Arm sticking out when the middle seat is down. I know other vehicles have a metal piece, but that seems huge, and it sticks way out.
-The Front seat's being on stilts/platforms in order to reuse the Model 3 seats but make them sit higher up.

I hadn't noticed either of these things on previously released pics or videos.

Franco Caution fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 25, 2020

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Franco Caution posted:

Just watched the Doug Demuro Tesla Model Y review, and I cant stop laughing at the following:

-The rear middle seat's huge Gate Latch Arm sticking out when the middle seat is down. I know other vehicles have a metal piece, but that seems huge, and it sticks way out.
-The Front seat's being on stilts/platforms in order to reuse the Model 3 seats but make them sit higher up.

I hadn't noticed either of these things on previously released pics or videos.

Looking forward to the latch handle of death recall. That think will RIP AND TEAR in the right (wrong?) kind of accident.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Franco Caution posted:

That’s not at all unusual, just stands out a bit more since they cheaped out on putting a sliding tray or cubby under there.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

BuckyDoneGun posted:

That’s not at all unusual, just stands out a bit more since they cheaped out on putting a sliding tray or cubby under there.

Feet need to go there.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Ultimate Mango posted:

Feet need to go there.

Shitloads of cars have this feature, they don’t go the whole depth of the seat, plenty of room for rear passenger feet.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

the seat is fine but the Death Bar is hilarious

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Shitloads of cars have this feature, they don’t go the whole depth of the seat, plenty of room for rear passenger feet.

Mind blown I’ve never seen or heard of this, and I have driven lots of rental cars and rend to look broadly at the market every few years when I change vehicles. Maybe I just haven’t looked at this kind of truck or suv?

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care
My dad's Mazda had that. I only found out that it had that on the day I cleaned it to get it recycled. There were 12 gauge shells there that were probably 20 or so year old at that point.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

BuckyDoneGun posted:

you can put your weed in there

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

you can put your weed in there

I understand this reference

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Ultimate Mango posted:

Mind blown I’ve never seen or heard of this, and I have driven lots of rental cars and rend to look broadly at the market every few years when I change vehicles. Maybe I just haven’t looked at this kind of truck or suv?

Grand Caravans have this feature, last time I checked.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
So is Ford going to die or what

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, he is 77 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KakerMix posted:

So is Ford going to die or what

Ford doubled down on gas guzzlers and the price of gas here is half of what it was a year ago so i think they'll be fine. It wouldn't surprise me if they bailed on the baby bronco to make room on the lots for a new Excursion

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I mean, he is 77 years old.

Not gonna lie, my mind first went to Doug Ford because he certainly looks it, i mean

We're puttin a lot of faith into that button at this point.