Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Everything is possible with the power of friendship nanomachines!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kild posted:

it only seems to work on inanimate objects

Ah, so you're saying if he stands real still it'll work.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Gyges posted:

Ah, so you're saying if he stands real still it'll work.

actually she's gonna reveal that she accidentally used it on herself and thats why she looks older than tsuru

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Professorjuggalo posted:

That YouTube channel that called out a time travel fruit and kanjuro being the traitor also claimed that momo is gonna travel forward in time 20 years to join the kaido fight, being 2/2 so far is enough to keep my peepers peeped the next 10 chapters

These things are not impossible to predict - there were enough seeds planted for both a time fruit and kanjuro being a thing way before they came up

That momo thing sounds like some dumb bullshit

There is not some secret insider at Oda's office who is leaking One Piece details on a loving Youtube channel

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

Ethiser posted:

A certain blue haired princess and her duck weren’t.

Yay someone brought up Vivi. So, is Vivi gonna be okay? 'cause I don't think she's doing too hot right now. The Lord of the Whole World was just looking at her picture specifically in 908. And something happened to Alabasta recently in 956.

As much as I want to be optimistic and say she just got captured and maybe brainwashed or something... The Gorosei WERE talking about lights they need to eliminate. Maybe she escaped with (I was gonna say the Revolutionaries, but Sabo and co. got owned) uh... a Grand Fleet member maybe? I have no idea.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Demonicpoodle posted:

Yay someone brought up Vivi. So, is Vivi gonna be okay? 'cause I don't think she's doing too hot right now. The Lord of the Whole World was just looking at her picture specifically in 908. And something happened to Alabasta recently in 956.

As much as I want to be optimistic and say she just got captured and maybe brainwashed or something... The Gorosei WERE talking about lights they need to eliminate. Maybe she escaped with (I was gonna say the Revolutionaries, but Sabo and co. got owned) uh... a Grand Fleet member maybe? I have no idea.

shell be fine

danzaroo
Jul 22, 2007
dingus dingus dingus.
With all the return-from-flashback hype, I nearly forgot about the Reverie craziness also going on. I'm excited to see what happens there, but not before Orochi gets his sweet comeuppance.

Speaking of Alabasta, I was rereading that arc and felt like making a thing.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Anyone else super excited for Pirate Warriors 4 this week? I've been a fan of Musou games for about 20 years, and now that Sengoku Basara is no longer being made, this is my preferred game. How likely is it for there to be playable character DLC? I was hoping for X Drake and other folks to make the cut.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

JackDarko posted:

Anyone else super excited for Pirate Warriors 4 this week? I've been a fan of Musou games for about 20 years, and now that Sengoku Basara is no longer being made, this is my preferred game. How likely is it for there to be playable character DLC? I was hoping for X Drake and other folks to make the cut.

They already announced there will be character DLC! I dont think we know who though

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

JackDarko posted:

Give me X Drake and Eneru, or give me death!

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Folt The Bolt posted:

Give me X Drake and Eneru, or give me death!

Drake is highly likely due to being in the game already.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[thinking really hard for a new one piece theory] momo has the actual dragon fruit and kaido has a smile one. that's why he has horns

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

oddium posted:

[thinking really hard for a new one piece theory] momo has the actual dragon fruit and kaido has a smile one. that's why he has horns

Counter theory, neither one has a real devil fruit. Kaido was Vega Punk's trial run test case, from the first time he was captured. Momo has the final version Vega Punk made before abandoning the project.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

danzaroo posted:

With all the return-from-flashback hype, I nearly forgot about the Reverie craziness also going on. I'm excited to see what happens there, but not before Orochi gets his sweet comeuppance.

I wanted you to know that I think this is amazing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Personally I like the idea of Kaido being an actual dragon that ate the human fruit: Model Oni

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

danzaroo posted:

great :D

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Well it's looking like quite a few of PW3 Characters that didn't make it into 4 are going to be paid DLC. No word on completely new playable characters yet.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

danzaroo posted:

you have great talent

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

JackDarko posted:

Well it's looking like quite a few of PW3 Characters that didn't make it into 4 are going to be paid DLC. No word on completely new playable characters yet.

One new character so far.

The game so far is fun but it is waaaay different engine than PW3 and it's taking a lot of getting used to. Definitely one of those games that I could see a style showcase for at least because even my terrible rear end can do combos that last like 30 seconds.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ryaomon posted:

One new character so far.

lmao i never would've guessed that character, that rules

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Works really well for this style of game, too.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I really like the new combo system. The devs done a good job identifying what the most broken/spammable combo enders were in the previous games and have now locked them behind rechargeable specials, which means you’re forced to try out other moves a lot more often. As said above, the new dash-cancel system is loving cool as hell. I air juggled Smoker for like 5 minutes, MVC2 style, then gomu gomu gatling’d him through a house. Real loving cool poo poo.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I didn’t expect the area destruction to be so satisfying

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
How does the map upgrades work, by the way? Does the first beginner map works for all characters and the second one is character specific?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

How does the map upgrades work, by the way? Does the first beginner map works for all characters and the second one is character specific?

1st is everyone 2nd and 3rd are character specific, I believe, except for skills which unlock for everyone. Good idea to get Sabo's skill Brother's Sake Cup early since it increases the shipmate meter which makes that less of a slog.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Loving the game so far, few games are able to hold my attention like this one. The camera is taking some getting used to again as I'm moving past it at a lot. I think I may rewatch the anime since there isn't much else to do during this quarantine.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Anyone figured out how to make Zoro put his bandanna on?

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Anyone figured out how to make Zoro put his bandanna on?

Should be down on the d-pad

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

naginalJJ posted:

Should be down on the d-pad

Thank you friend

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Here's a solid review from One Piece historian, Artur.

https://thelibraryofohara.com/2020/03/28/one-piece-pirate-warriors-4-in-depth-review/

Big take-away is that you should not buy this game on switch. Graphics and load times are wretched on it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Glad I was impatient and grabbed it on PS4, just casually tossing out 1500 hit combos

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Scratchman Apoo posted:

https://thelibraryofohara.com/2020/03/28/one-piece-pirate-warriors-4-in-depth-review/

Big take-away is that you should not buy this game on switch. Graphics and load times are wretched on it.

oof that is pretty rough. I played a million hours of Fire Emblem Warriors so I can typically deal withhhhhh less than ideal graphics but bad textures really ruin cartoony stuff like this.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Well I'm stuck at home so I can afford to get it on ps4 and play it a while.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
good looking out cause I was gonna buy it for the switch this week, I guess I'll settle for the steam version even if i wanted to play in bed

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I understand that he is coming from the perspective of a One Piece fan and I get some of his points but I can’t help but feel he is massively overestimating the amount of polish or budget your average Warriors game usually gets.

EDIT: Okay maybe that is harsh and perhaps I am being annoyed at someone playing Armchair Developer

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 29, 2020

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

For a game i'm playing portable the graphics really aren't that bad. They're a step up from PW 3 which is really excellent on the Switch. However load times are terrible, strangely only for the Dramatic Log and not Treasure Log but it's still a real problem.

Also, Usopp's Flash dial seems too good. An insta-stun on short cooldown in this game is super crazy.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

SyntheticPolygon posted:

For a game i'm playing portable the graphics really aren't that bad. They're a step up from PW 3 which is really excellent on the Switch. However load times are terrible, strangely only for the Dramatic Log and not Treasure Log but it's still a real problem.

Also, Usopp's Flash dial seems too good. An insta-stun on short cooldown in this game is super crazy.

It also basically deletes armor.

Of course, the character is Usopp, and while I wouldn't call him bad, its just that it take more effort for him to do a fraction of what the other Straw Hats can do

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I guess Technique characters need stuff like that since they can't air combo but it's still easily the best skill of any character i've played so far. And it's a starting skill too!

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Technique characters are often very weird to use. Require a lot of setup. Maybe they're more fun when you have all their moves. Tried Bartolomeo and he was quite meh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I really miss the PW3 characters that didn't make the cut. I want to poison the poo poo out of people. I read a review that made a pretty good point about how each PW game up until 3 obsoleted the previous game. PW4 breaks that cycle since it gives you plenty of reasons to go back to 3. That doesn't mean it's a bad game just that they offer different things.