Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1242763966398574593

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

OwlFancier posted:

Coronavirus really is the vanguard of the proletariat.

If you're going to ride a bike, now seems like the best time, given that yeah, less traffic.

I discovered yesterday that the people who own the stupid loud souped up hatchbacks have also worked this out...

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Bike shops are only open because some people use bikes for essential travel and might need to get parts/maintenance.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Coohoolin posted:

Galaxy O'Brain seems to be getting clued in to the fact that Tories are proto fascists who will sacrifice the lives of the proletariat to keep the STONK NUMBER going up, and it's taking every ounce of self-control I have not to just reply to every tweet with "should have endorsed Labour then you short sighted prick!"

Fortunately for him, his smug self-assuredness is even greater than the temperature of his takes, so he'll remain convinced he was right regardless of body count

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

learnincurve posted:

I discovered yesterday that the people who own the stupid loud souped up hatchbacks have also worked this out...

There's a fair amount of people out near me as well since the weekend doing Fast and Furious - Hertfordshire.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

lmao

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If we're going to have a monarchy I'd be down with succession hopping straight to William.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why limit your hopes there? Why not hope for it to go right down to harry? That's like half the backstory of kaiserreich so if we put the monarchy in canada it will make a syndicalist revolution happen.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

:bisonyes: :yeshaha:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Make Megan markle queen, watch the daily express go mental.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

OwlFancier posted:

Why limit your hopes there? Why not hope for it to go right down to harry? That's like half the backstory of kaiserreich so if we put the monarchy in canada it will make a syndicalist revolution happen.

It'll go to George first.

Make the King's Speech a sight, that.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'm hoping for a King Ralph situation personally.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

keep punching joe posted:

Make Megan markle queen, watch the daily express go mental.

The daily express will soon have no one to buy it, it'll just be them screaming into the void

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Honestly, have people forgotten we want to establish a Republic?! If all of them get culled, this could be the impetus!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Civil servants are frantically revising their royal death planning to take into account that the funeral has to be held over skype now

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Lmao even the comments on the normally reactionary filled local news are raging about the royals doing whatever they want and bringing the virus up into a small rural community

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Give the mainstream media a chance, it'll be Meghan's fault

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
"It's selfish of Meghan to take Harry away from the family at this trying time."

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

So are they just going to wait for another royal to die before admitting that Phillip is dead?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I really hope he doesn't die, because no power on earth can stop the boomers turning out en masse for a state funeral, especially if there isn't actually a proper state funeral

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
They'll be turning up in their droves all month to add to the pile of flowers

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We've established that phillip isn't dead, he's living on inside an increasing proportion of the people of this country, soon the royal family and the people shall be as one, thus creating the dialectical synthesis of the monarch/subject relationship.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/shelterscotland/status/1242561552449970187?s=20

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Good grief he's 98. Does the virus even need to replicate? Just the initial particle ought to do it

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
So your typical Kim IL Sung situation

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

OwlFancier posted:

We've established that phillip isn't dead, he's living on inside an increasing proportion of the people of this country, soon the royal family and the people shall be as one, thus creating the dialectical synthesis of the monarch/subject relationship.

WE ARE THE WINDSORGANISM
PREPARE TO BE WINDSORBED

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Wachter posted:

WE ARE THE WINDSORGANISM
PREPARE TO BE WINDSORBED

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
I'm thinking Coronavirus might be the push we need to finally go cashless (apart from the fact that nobody will be left with any money). Most shops that are still open aren't taking cash, so the people who avoid electronic payments because "cash is more convenient" aren't left with any choice. In the long term when we're looking at preparing for the next epidemic, physical cash and the hand contact you get when handing it over is going to be an obvious red flag. We're most of the way there already, so there's no legitimate reason not to go the full distance. Criminals can just suck it up and use bitcoin.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Soylent Yellow posted:

I'm thinking Coronavirus might be the push we need to finally go cashless (apart from the fact that nobody will be left with any money). Most shops that are still open aren't taking cash, so the people who avoid electronic payments because "cash is more convenient" aren't left with any choice. In the long term when we're looking at preparing for the next epidemic, physical cash and the hand contact you get when handing it over is going to be an obvious red flag. We're most of the way there already, so there's no legitimate reason not to go the full distance. Criminals can just suck it up and use bitcoin.

Gonna suck pretty hard for homeless people, though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Soylent Yellow posted:

Pretty loving cool for people who don't have a credit or debit card, for the homeless, for older folk.

TL;DR gently caress off, take the cash from my cold dead hands.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Darth Walrus posted:

Gonna suck pretty hard for homeless people, though.

There are already several emerging electronic donation systems. Just need to make them better and more universally available.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Soylent Yellow posted:

what do people expect? the grocery store is going to count all that cash and take it the bank? bank’s closed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If only someone had solved the problem of how to pay with cash without involving person to person contact, or simultaneously the problem of you putting stuff on the belt and someone else taking it off the belt to put it through the till.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Do you really wanna look like this?

poo poo wait no that's the wrong image!!!

Right im doing it lads

Apropos of this I remember hearing a certain podcast host recently talk about how weird it was that his childhood idea of a cool guy was basically a leather daddy biker. Turns out that's the case for me too! Now as a thirty one year old man I can finally Be Paul Phoenix, But Crap

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wait when you said bike you meant motorcycle or bicycle?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Sounds like a job for Elon Musk. I'm thinking some kind of railgun that fires coins at the recipient while the on-board AI calls them a paedo

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

I meant bicycle, thats the "But Crap" part.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Everyone should get a bike, it makes it safer for everyone if people know what it's like to cycle around. I can't wait to get out on my bike once I stop coughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Mugsbaloney posted:

I meant bicycle, thats the "But Crap" part.

Put lolly sticks in your spokes for a 'BRRRRRRRT' noise that you can pretend is an engine.