Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Soylent Yellow posted:

There are already several emerging electronic donation systems. Just need to make them better and more universally available.

If you have a electronic system that says ‘yes’ or ‘no’ when you try to buy something, having that tied to a single number called ‘money’ seems a bit like an electric horse groomer.

Just have it always say ‘yes’ when someone is buying something they need, always say ‘no’ if they are buying something society can’t afford. For everything else, run some kind of algorithm over purchasing and work history and say ‘ok, just this once’.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

biglads posted:

Put lolly sticks in your spokes for a 'BRRRRRRRT' noise that you can pretend is an engine.

Or find someone who plays the trombone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D4reewr9Cc

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

OwlFancier posted:

Hello

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If you get rid of cash your plumber is going to charge you their tax.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuPi7bJhavM

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Motorbikes are the best.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Are you feeling pooped out by life, miserable and void of hope?! Us too!

Come to the UK chat thread and wallow away from politics

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733476&pagenumber=1818#lastpost

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

gently caress's sake, I'm already doing zero work due to home shitposting, don't add another thread into the mix

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wachter posted:

gently caress's sake, I'm already doing zero work due to home shitposting, don't add another thread into the mix

And there's the Discord!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

i didn't understand discord, like theres a billion groups in the ukmt groups. I grew up on msn and its stuck with me

and no one is nude so whats the point

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Aramoro posted:

Everyone should get a bike, it makes it safer for everyone if people know what it's like to cycle around. I can't wait to get out on my bike once I stop coughing.

If I tried riding a bike it would be profoundly unsafe for every other user of road or pavement in my vicinity. So I already know what it's like.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

forkboy84 posted:

And there's the Discord!
You misspelled IRC

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ratjaculation posted:

i didn't understand discord, like theres a billion groups in the ukmt groups. I grew up on msn and its stuck with me

and no one is nude so whats the point

TBH I feel that sense, it's all overwhelming. Also the mods there are racist against wrestling. Can't stand for that sort of shaming of the King of Sports. And they don't want you posting piracy links. Outrageous really.

TACD posted:

You misspelled IRC

It isn't 1985 anymore. It's 2000. Get on ICQ already

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I'm going to sit in the garden with animal crossing in a bit, as picking weeds for comrade nook is about as close to work as i'm getting at the moment.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Do you really wanna look like this?

poo poo wait no that's the wrong image!!!

Mugsbaloney fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 25, 2020

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

What have you done!?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Super spreader!

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

forkboy84 posted:

TL;DR gently caress off, take the cash from my cold dead hands.

your proposal is acceptable

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
rip chucky

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Disgusting Coward posted:

your proposal is acceptable

Hell raiser meatballs

Yes IRC is still and will always be going (link in OP), because some of us refuse to leave the 1990s behind tyvm.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Corbyn's final PMQs (?) kicking off imminently

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Mugsbaloney posted:

Someone talk me out of buying a bike.

What sort of bike? And how good is the deal?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

sebzilla posted:

:(

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/rubberbandits/status/1242773423832563713?s=21

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

knox_harrington posted:

What sort of bike? And how good is the deal?

If you can get a bike on Cycle to Work Scheme it's an insane deal. It is absolutely degenerate as a policy mind you. I got a pay rise so I saved even more money on my new bike, the more you earn the more you save? On a low income save no money at all!

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Boris just looking gormless, squinting through dead eyes, with his slack jaw dangling.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Up the R(on)A!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

sebzilla posted:

Pouring one out for the last good labour leader

He deserved infinitely better

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

sebzilla posted:

You make that sound like Corbyn won't live to see next week

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Not sure if this is allowed but a friend who works in the NHS posted this on my Facebook. If it's not okay mods feel free to delete:

This app has just been launched today with researchers at Guy’s & St Thomas’ & King’s college to help slow the spread of #COVID19 and identify at risk cases sooner by self-reporting your symptoms daily, even if you feel well  🙏🏼. Download the app
https://covid.joinzoe.com/

Please share the app with everyone you know on WhatsApp via a broadcast. They need to get this to a lot of people fast to collect enough data to see the hidden cases - the iceberg if you like that we are sailing into. Thank you! App is fully functional and will be more beautiful over the next few days!

Share the app and share your “well/ill” status and let’s get some data for the policy makers to work with. 

Initial feedback of the site’s inability to register children’s symptoms have been forwarded to the investigators.  Anything further you can add / feedback will all help to capture what’s going on in the community vs just what we’re capturing in tertiary care. It all helps. Thank you so much.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
That was posted earlier in the thread too so i'm sure it's fine.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Looke posted:

Hopefully the start of the end for the royals

Looking forward to the final episode of The Crown where everyone shits themselves to death

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

You make that sound like Corbyn won't live to see next week

They're shutting down parliament early for Easter, I think.

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

Not sure if I saw it in this thread or somewhere else but I'm looking for an image illustrating the effect of social distancing. It was a horizontal image tracing infections, multiplying with each stage. They had individuals grayed out with a little thing about 'X decided to work from home on this day and wasn't infected' and then the potential infections from them also grayed out with the final stage being like 50% grayed out.

It was a really nice visualisation of how social distancing is meant to help but I can't seem to find it. Came across something similar (vertical design) but it only had like 2 jumps and didn't have a potential infection spread from people who avoided getting infected. Can anyone help? Want to continue publicising it.

Edit: Also as an update, work have started getting in touch asking people not to cancel all their holiday. Also to make sure we're booking holiday days. I can understand the don't want everyone taking their full annual leave in November but I also don't really want to be taking days off to just sit in my flat watching Netflix in my underpants (as I'm already doing that lololollolol). Really don't know what they expect people to do about holidays. They've suggested people take 4 days at Easter as well but I've now got visions of Easter weekend being a total poo poo show as that coincides with the planned end of this soft lockdown and I can easily see everyone and their elderly, vulnerable mother travelling to some other part of the country and spreading this poo poo all over the place.

MrNemo fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Mar 25, 2020

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

It's a special double-length session though so Corbyn gets 12 questions with a break in the middle.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
That app asks for a load of unnecessary info and shares it with a huge list of companies so use at your own risk.

On the subject of that FT article on the Oxford paper: https://twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/status/1242611599405277184

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Scenes at PMQs. So many people begging for Bozza's package

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

MrNemo posted:

Not sure if I saw it in this thread or somewhere else but I'm looking for an image illustrating the effect of social distancing. It was a horizontal image tracing infections, multiplying with each stage. They had individuals grayed out with a little thing about 'X decided to work from home on this day and wasn't infected' and then the potential infections from them also grayed out with the final stage being like 50% grayed out.

It was a really nice visualisation of how social distancing is meant to help but I can't seem to find it. Came across something similar (vertical design) but it only had like 2 jumps and didn't have a potential infection spread from people who avoided getting infected. Can anyone help? Want to continue publicising it.

https://scontent.fman3-1.fna.fbcdn....55c&oe=5E9FE1FC

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They've stopped the orange marches?

How will the :lol: have any identity? They'll forget what the Union Flag looks like, they'll forget what happened in 1689, they'll start thinking they might be Icelandic or Zulu.

MrNemo posted:

This one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Boris's soundbite is that he's putting his arms around everyone at this time of crisis :/

I don't want a hug Boris you look like you smell of hangover breath and unwashed fatlad body