Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Vittu mitä tää on? Saat lättyys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Nurge posted:

Sir this is a hot dog stand's queue.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Nurge posted:

Hei Nurge jotain yritystä nyt, ei näin

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

https://twitter.com/Fiffenaattori/status/1242144391667613703?s=19

Better get ready for those state-mandated fursuits, people

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Can I dress up as Siitoin instead?

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012
Since the Finnish right wing, including the media, has to copy every single dumb thing from the US, it begins: IL editorial is getting pretty close to asking the "should people just die for the sake of the economy" question.

Terveys on tärkeintä ja välittömät taloushuolet eivät saa latistaa kriittisiä toimenpiteitä. Trump on silti oikeassa siinä, että lääke voi jossain vaiheessa tulla vaarallisemmaksi kuin tauti. Also, a recession kills people too!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Darkest Auer posted:

Can I dress up as Siitoin instead?

Mmmm, mutta kaikesta huolimatta. Olen kivenkova fasisti, rasisti ja turri. Siitä minä nautin.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Minullakin on kaksi kissaa Vehmaalla ja he ovat minun ystäviäni. Eivät he pataan ole joutumassa...

:greenangel:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HerraS posted:

Minullakin on kaksi kissaa Vehmaalla

:greenangel:

Hyvä tietää:yum:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I mostly talk to my dog these days always anyway

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
The buck stops... umm, who has the buck again?

HS posted:

IHMETYSTÄ herätti kokouksessa myös se, että Suomeen jo saapuneita ei ole ohjattu tiukasti kotikaranteeniin.

”On pöyristyttävää, että ulkomailta tulevien karanteeniin jääminen tyrittiin, vaikka ongelma olisi pitänyt ymmärtää jo viikko sitten. Kokouksessa tuli yhteisesti todettua, että tämä on mennyt pieleen”, sanoo eräs.

Lähteen mukaan terveysviranomaiset vierittivät kokouksessa vastuuta lentokenttiä hallinnoivalle Finavialle. Finavia taas on sanonut, ettei se ole saanut THL:ltä ohjeistusta.
I was wondering why I wasn't hearing about people who were returning from abroad sent to quarantine. Looks like officials were just looking at each other waiting for someone to do something.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

The buck stops... umm, who has the buck again?

I was wondering why I wasn't hearing about people who were returning from abroad sent to quarantine. Looks like officials were just looking at each other waiting for someone to do something.

hopefully at least some of the people self quaratined because we are fuuuuuuuuuucked if no one did

I wonder just how bad the THL simulations are if they're not releasing them

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
https://tekniikanmaailma.fi/oxfordi...-sairaalahoitoa

Agrees with my intuition, that the disease is more common by several magnitudes than what numbers tell us.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

I thought the THL assumption has been for weeks that the actual number of infections is 20-30 times higher than what's been confirmed through testing so far, that's why the death% is so low in their projections. but who knows

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

bloom posted:

I will boil some rice and beans and then throw it at your balcony while screaming incoherently

I was thinking pouring Chili Con Carne though mail slot. Safety first!

It's Ok Nalle in Finland. Wonder where Nalle is?
He should soon show up and demand that everyone should go to work/get corona and herd immunity.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SnowblindFatal posted:

Agrees with my intuition, that the disease is more common by several magnitudes than what numbers tell us.

https://twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/status/1242611599405277184

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

So I'm supposed to trust someone who defines his pronouns in his twitter profile? :hmmno:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SnowblindFatal posted:

So I'm supposed to trust someone who defines his pronouns in his twitter profile? :hmmno:

Here's what one of the authors said

https://twitter.com/LourencoJML/status/1242535571702140928

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/armanalizad/status/1242768996572766208

Strange times.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Yeah, my number 1 annoyance with this whole debacle is that the way testing is done, we get very limited scientific data for future pandemics.

THL has naturally shown its value as nothing more than a glorified raittiusseura.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

hä, ihan normi päivä jyväshyvän keskustassa

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

SnowblindFatal posted:

tekniikanmaailma.fi :rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside, like someone already said the paper is not a forecast, it's a thought experiment meant to underline the importance of random sample testing. They seem to use just a basic naive SIR model.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Cyberpunk 2020 päivitetty painos näyttää hyvältä

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
laudan oli paree olla state issue

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/JuhanaIF/status/1242486856035512322

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Officials want to keep privacy for victims of boomer plague but at least this corporation thinks otherwise and has revealed that one of the three dead (probably the first one) is their former CEO and until now board member

https://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000006452652.html

also their current CEO has the virus

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I think uusimaa just got put into quarantine.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Can't wait to see Escape From Nyland

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

organburner posted:

I think uusimaa just got put into quarantine.

Yeah, it is in effect until April 19th. I think it still needs to be approved by the parliament and the committee for constitutional law before it goes to effect.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Have they said anything about how it's enforced? Can't watch in case Krista Kiuru is holding her kalvosulkeiset and it's not quite yet my bedtime.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

slowdave posted:

Have they said anything about how it's enforced? Can't watch in case Krista Kiuru is holding her kalvosulkeiset and it's not quite yet my bedtime.

Looks like police and maybe army.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

slowdave posted:

The police is the main force who checks the borders, but they can call the border patrol and the army for aid.

The prime minister says the earliest date for the exclusion starts on the 27th. Don't run for the borders, we will shoot you.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Maybe this is the moment when Dennis Pasterstein's new army of robocops will finally florish. It shouldn't be too hard to check everyone's register plate and see if the car owner is eligible to exit/enter. If negative, blow them up.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

It's probably gonna be some paper form you have to print out from a website that is down most of the time, or you're gonna have to use some extremely broken Tieto app. Oh well I hope it works and it's gonna be just three weeks instead of three months.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I honestly think they are going for a more symbolic effect. Setting up road blocks or deploying the military might make people freak out. I doubt the police will issue a single fine or arrest a single person to enforce this.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

RAUTAA RAJALLE PERKELE

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Rakenna se muuri!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

HerraS posted:

RAUTAA RAJALLE PERKELE

Yeah, but seeing your average mosa standing guard on a motorway next to some ancient Russian-built truck might make people laugh so hard they drive into a ditch and die

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

SnowblindFatal posted:

Yeah, my number 1 annoyance with this whole debacle is that the way testing is done, we get very limited scientific data for future pandemics.

THL has naturally shown its value as nothing more than a glorified raittiusseura.

Yeah now I don't feel bad at all about presuming they were a bunch of dumbasses when this poo poo was still kicking off earlier this month because I was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matti
Mar 31, 2019