Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

While the intentions might have started off good Hagakure is starting to show her weakness. I can't even remember if she helped out in the last act of the movie or if she is even part of this raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

While the intentions might have started off good Hagakure is starting to show her weakness. I can't even remember if she helped out in the last act of the movie or if she is even part of this raid.

If Hagakure dies it might be nice to at least finally see her face somehow.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Larryb posted:

If Hagakure dies it might be nice to at least finally see her face somehow.

:shepface:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Horikoshi has mentioned at some point in interviews that he has some back story/story focus stuff for some of the less featured class members he hasn't gotten to yet- and Shoji was one who was named specifically.

Part of the reason I think that thing are going to go extremely not well here is that Horikoshi also mentioned in the omake stuff for the latest volume in Japan that the one girl from the 2nd year class who got a page or two to talk about Aizawa expelling their class will actually have a real role in the story in the future.

If I had to guess- the heroes get their ranks cut down really hard and the students have to step up to take over; and that logically would include the 2nd and 3rd year classes.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 25, 2020

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Prediction: the doctor was able to copy Eri's quirk by reverse engineering the bullets Shigaraki gave him, and gives it to Shigaraki. When he wakes up, he'll use it to de-power all the heroes at the hospital(but will pass out before he can kill too many because he was woken too early). This will cripple the hero world while still keeping people like Endeavor and Aizawa around for character moments.

At the mansion, Gigantomachia will wake up and tear through the heroes there, forcing them to retreat, but not before the Liberation Army take some serious blows that will keep them from immediately taking advantage of the chaos left in the wake of the heroes defeat.

Deku's group will end up having to fight the remaining nomu/high ends that escape from the hospital and while they manage to win and prevent any civilian casualties, it's a hollow victory considering the crippling blow done to the Hero Society by Shigaraki.

This'll set up the time skip as society falls apart, villains are on the rise, and everyone is just waiting for the League to make their next move.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Junpei posted:

so you want innocent teenagers to die

Quit it with this disingenuous bullcrap please. There's a difference between talking about fictional narratives and real life scenarios, plus their post was open ended enough to be left to interpretation as to what consequences/losses the heros could/should suffer.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My guess is that this will be a qualified success for the villains. They will prove that they are able to stand up and push back against the heroes there will be enough confusion and damage that their next stage of the plan will be pushed back.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

My guess is that this will be a qualified success for the villains. They will prove that they are able to stand up and push back against the heroes there will be enough confusion and damage that their next stage of the plan will be pushed back.

The next stage of their plan involved getting that one politician member of the Liberation Army elected into office, which is probably out the window now that he's been exposed.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

grieving for Gandalf posted:

would anyone even notice if hagakure died

Hagakure actually died immediate after the 1-A vs. 1-B fights, it's just that no one can find her body.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Have none of you been applying lemon juice to your manga pages? Hagakure's been basically carrying this comic with her physical comedy and hilarious facial expressions this whole time. You can really tell when an artist has a favourite character to draw.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Speculations on character deaths should be done sensibly and respectfully.

TheHan fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 25, 2020

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

TheHan posted:

I have no idea who bottom right is.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

oh jay posted:

I have no idea who bottom right is.

I think that's Naofumi from Shield Hero.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TheHan posted:

This is extremely well done.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Junpei posted:

I think that's Naofumi from Shield Hero.

Shoulda used Chainsaw Man, since he's actually canon.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Shield Hero Crust is much higher in the pro hero rankings :colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Julias posted:

Quit it with this disingenuous bullcrap please. There's a difference between talking about fictional narratives and real life scenarios, plus their post was open ended enough to be left to interpretation as to what consequences/losses the heros could/should suffer.

Yeah I meant just any consequences that aren't immediately hand waved away. Something that shakes up the story a bit because so far it's tonally 2 different stories that occasionally overlap and the main kids' plots are just kind of there. Even when things go south it's not them paying the price or dealing with the consequences it's a whole new subset of cast we made just for this (The Cat 4, Sir and Lemillion, Hawks now.) A lot of the character arc and story kind of happens At Deku and it feels incredibly wonky given how close and personal the villains and Adult heroes' stories can get.

But I guess that means I lust for child death.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

"Let's kill off a bunch of side characters to show THINGS HAVE GOTTEN REAL" is a bit too uncomfortable DC/Marvel for me even in this heavily DC/Marvel inspired manga series.

On the other hand, if nothing is even going to happen to any of these characters why are we even focusing on them?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I agree that a lot of the minor pros are gonna get wiped here to bring in more second and third year students

we haven't seen any second year hero students so I imagine Aizawa's "expelled" class will come into play if that comes to pass

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

oh jay posted:

Shoulda used Chainsaw Man, since he's actually canon.

As any fan of Chainsaw Man knows, Denji dying is too common to be worth betting on.

Dude dies more than Power flushes.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah I meant just any consequences that aren't immediately hand waved away. Something that shakes up the story a bit because so far it's tonally 2 different stories that occasionally overlap and the main kids' plots are just kind of there. Even when things go south it's not them paying the price or dealing with the consequences it's a whole new subset of cast we made just for this (The Cat 4, Sir and Lemillion, Hawks now.) A lot of the character arc and story kind of happens At Deku and it feels incredibly wonky given how close and personal the villains and Adult heroes' stories can get.

But I guess that means I lust for child death.

There's a reason why they're keeping the kids removed from the action/fighting/death unless absolutely necessary: THE ADULTS DON'T WANT THE KIDS TO GET HURT.

I didn't know that the adult heroes not wanting the newbies to get hurt was bad storytelling.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Junpei posted:

There's a reason why they're keeping the kids removed from the action/fighting/death unless absolutely necessary: THE ADULTS DON'T WANT THE KIDS TO GET HURT.

I didn't know that the adult heroes not wanting the newbies to get hurt was bad storytelling.

Cool, that makes logical sense in universe and has literally nothing to do with narrative structure like I'm talking about. It even only explains the current event and not the larger trend in the narrative I was talking about, lol.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 25, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The thing is that we've gone so long without the implication that anyone from the main cast of kids could die that people will be pissed if it does happen to anybody the fans care about.

Imagine if the kids shown on the front lines so far all died at once.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fatgum trips and falls forward, smothering Tokoyami to death.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Deku will die and Todoroki will get One for All

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku will pass One For All onto the true main character of the series: Ashido.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

Deku will pass One For All onto the true main character of the series: Ashido.

:hmmyes:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don’t think anyone’s suggesting the kids need to die. Just that maybe they should be involved more heavily in what’s going on beyond taking out grunts and defeating past villains over the course of 3 panels. They just need something to do seeing as how they’re the main cast.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
KILL THE BOY

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don’t think anyone’s suggesting the kids need to die. Just that maybe they should be involved more heavily in what’s going on beyond taking out grunts and defeating past villains over the course of 3 panels. They just need something to do seeing as how they’re the main cast.

Tokoyami just beat up Re-Destro.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Personally I really like the trainee heroes being treated as trainees by the pros, kept safe and given jobs specific to their current talents instead of forced to step up. It provides an excellent sense of world building and realism.

It will also make the eventual shattering of Hero Society much more meaningful as all those precautions and safety nets are ripped away and the students have to step up beyond anything their teachers or superiors ever expected.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
It’s funny cause to any hero without Hawks’s intel Re-Destro is a loving nobody. For all Tokoyami knows he took out a relatively tough guy and that’s the end of it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Junpei posted:

Yeah over the course of 3 panels in a scene that barely meant anything beyond showing “wow Tokoyami’s real strong”. It wasn’t a bad scene or anything, it was cool but it barely mattered.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i'm pretty sure almost nobody's going to die(maybe hawks but i'm not sure), the villains are gonna have to break out shiggy early with an incomplete afo and no doctor to spoonfeed him quirks and they'll retreat with gigantomachia covering them the villains will then be on the run again trying to get powerful quirks for shiggy

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Re-Destro only "lost" because his prosthetic legs couldn't handle the force he was up against. If he still had his real legs, Tokoyami might not have been able to force him back. He also might not actually be knocked out. He just got knocked over and the entrance way collapsed, he might dig his way out of there later on.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Junpei posted:

Honestly, that kinda bummed me out. I thought Re-Destro taking the field meant poo poo was about to get real considering he was the main antagonist of the last arc, but then he just gets wrecked.

Maybe later. :(

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The liberation front guys are all going to be defeated or captured by the end of the arc and we will be back to our core villain group + Gigantomachia.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

With the speed this manga is progressing, we're not gonna see God finally being killed for another 16 years!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Re-Destro has to store stress right? He used up an immense amount against Shigi. Stands to reason he hasn't stored the same amount. The point about the legs is also valid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, he did seem pretty content up until the attack started. Hell, his stress might have actually been decreasing over time since Shiggy took over. The power of job satisfaction.

Edit: I’m not saying that my boy Tokoyami is weak, but this was basically the best case scenario for him, so it’d be a bit much to jump to immediately scaling him to Shiggy’s level.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 26, 2020