Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

mysteryberto posted:

A friend of mine was bragging about STR/END exploit and running circles around me with endless stamina in raids. Well he messaged me this morning and his STR/END stats were reset to 0. Myself being a level 3 on STR never felt so good.

Really? I'm surprised this isn't blowing up on Reddit. Whenever something like this happens, there are usually countless posts about doing nothing wrong and being wrongfully targeted. Of course, they are always found to be bullshit and the person was in fact doing something wrong, but the posts still happen and I haven't seen one. Not doubting your friend just wondering if they are going through accounts 1 by 1 and resetting or if they managed to apply a patch to hit everyone.

Also, my ping is a problem. I played a bit yesterday and this morning and noticed that on many of my deaths, I lost simply to the person being able to shoot me a split second before mine registered. So i'll definitely have fired some bullets and on the end screen, no shots fired. I'm gonna have to find a way to fix that, as i'm just losing almost all my gun fight. Saying that, I did one tap someone in the face on Customs yesterday and I know we noticed each other at the exact same time. I just imagine their ping was worse than mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

hakimashou posted:

They don’t use vpns to do it, since that couldn’t lower their ping. They hack the launcher to remove the ping limit in selecting servers.

The us west coast is within the ping limit of many of them already though, since the limit is too high.

Calling it hacking is generous. It's barely more complicated than the old method, which was editing the portion of a config file that said "maxPing = 150;" and changing it to 999. There's no NEED to use a vpn, but that isn't to say that people couldn't.

Stux posted:

they already are, its already people who can get around a region lock who are doing it and you cannot stop them by region locking. its literally trivial to bypass, its less effort than actually cheating. the only solution is continually patching exploits as they come out.

region lock china is the same big brain level of stupid as region lock russia was in europe in the early 00s on cs. it is not technically possible to region lock the people actually cheating, it literally only effects people who explicitly are not cheating.

This is correct. People interested in bypassing the region lock will always have ways to bypass them - you can't stop people using VPNs, for example.

Greenlit
Dec 16, 2004

A commonborn squire
takes the reins of a knightly order, and leads a wayward kingdom from the midst
of chaos. The masses yearn for a hero. I give them what they wish.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Just had battleye completely max out my CPU and not launch the game. Had to restart my computer

I used to get this all the time. Battleye starts fighting with Windows Antimalware and grinds everything to a halt for two or three minutes before launching the game.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
I had a weird glitch where I couldn't use my scav case because it said I didn't have the resources. Had to move the roubles out of my money case for them to be recognized by the scav case.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That bug is being worked on. Look at the last page of the thread.

The STR/END reset is in the patch notes, so it's probably global.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

mysteryberto posted:

I had a weird glitch where I couldn't use my scav case because it said I didn't have the resources. Had to move the roubles out of my money case for them to be recognized by the scav case.

It's a known bug with the latest patch they are working on. Anything inside another case cannot be used for crafting. So if you want to make Moonshine or whatever, you gotta pull the ingredients out of another case if they are in there.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
my str/end are still maxxed, all good here.

you're really loving up if you aren't using the glitches to max it.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

If you say so. I think most of us don't care that much and just enjoy playing the game for what it is, not to min/max. Everyone has fun in different ways though, so if maxing out your skills via exploits is the way you have fun, so be it.

I've checked the bunker out in the field on Reserves (in the corner, by the tower and close to the hole in the fence extract) and have found an AESA there the past 3 times i've checked. It's now my new favorite spot to check for loot. That and the bunkers near the hermetic door. There is almost always at least 1 paracord spawn there, but i've seen as many as 3. I think I may know about every spawn on Reserves now since I play it 90% of the time.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1242777356848238594

Maybe they haven't gotten to your account yet. Or is there another place to glitch it?

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Hey. gently caress you, guy. It's people like you who make the game worse for everyone else. You're only one step above actual hackers.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Hey. gently caress you, guy. It's people like you who make the game worse for everyone else. You're only one step above actual hackers.

explain how glitching max stats makes the game worse for everyone else

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

explain how glitching max stats makes the game worse for everyone else

Probably just the advantage gained. If you have max stats you are innately better at certain things. I think in this last patch they even added an elite status that makes your backpack not count towards your weight or something. I think that's what they mean. I don't really give that much of a gently caress I just get kind of irked about the bragging about it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ShowTime posted:

Probably just the advantage gained. If you have max stats you are innately better at certain things. I think in this last patch they even added an elite status that makes your backpack not count towards your weight or something. I think that's what they mean. I don't really give that much of a gently caress I just get kind of irked about the bragging about it.

You would have that advantage if you earned them normally. Do legitimate players make the game worse for everyone?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

what?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You would have that advantage if you earned them normally. Do legitimate players make the game worse for everyone?

Earning them normally takes playing 12 hours a day like Pestily. Instead of the exploiters and the upper 0.01% of players, everyone else has normal level skills. So those normal players are at a disadvantage to a very small segment of hardcore players or a larger sect of exploiters. Especially as more and more people realize that other people have max skills and want to get those skills themselves, to stay competitive. Then they turn to exploiting themselves, simply to stay competitive.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

ShowTime posted:

The elite strength bonus has been in at least from 3 patches ago when I started.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

TheTofuShop posted:

The elite strength bonus has been in at least from 3 patches ago when I started.

Ahh cool. I wouldn't know. I didn't exploit my stats.

Edit: The 1 thing I will give 1001 arabian dicks full credit and a thank you for is the shotgun build posted a few pages back. It's super fun to play and can get you some gnarly kills.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 25, 2020

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ShowTime posted:

Earning them normally takes playing 12 hours a day like Pestily. Instead of the exploiters and the upper 0.01% of players, everyone else has normal level skills. So those normal players are at a disadvantage to a very small segment of hardcore players or a larger sect of exploiters. Especially as more and more people realize that other people have max skills and want to get those skills themselves, to stay competitive. Then they turn to exploiting themselves, simply to stay competitive.

Anyone can glitch their skills. It takes hardly any time at all and isn't difficult. So what you're saying is that those abilities ruin the game, but only people who can play for 12 hours a day like Pestily should have them. And everyone else with jobs, lives, and families can get hosed.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Anyone can glitch their skills. It takes hardly any time at all and isn't difficult. So what you're saying is that those abilities ruin the game, but only people who can play for 12 hours a day like Pestily should have them. And everyone else with jobs, lives, and families can get hosed.

No, i'm saying that people that put more time into the game should have higher skills, as intended. But a vast majority of players will not commit that many hours so you'll wind up with a base of 90% of players having skills on par with each other, with 5% having super low skills and 5% having super high skills. Time = Experience. It's like that in every game I can think. Exploiting = Experience, but that doesn't make it right.

If you commit 12 hours a day to the game, I don't give a poo poo if you have better skills. You put in the time and effort. That's not the case with exploiting skills and most players will not exploit skills.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ShowTime posted:

No, i'm saying that people that put more time into the game should have higher skills, as intended. But a vast majority of players will not commit that many hours so you'll wind up with a base of 90% of players having skills on par with each other, with 5% having super low skills and 5% having super high skills. Time = Experience. It's like that in every game I can think. Exploiting = Experience, but that doesn't make it right.

If you commit 12 hours a day to the game, I don't give a poo poo if you have better skills. You put in the time and effort. That's not the case with exploiting skills and most players will not exploit skills.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

So what you're saying is that only people who can play for 12 hours a day like Pestily should have them. And everyone else with jobs, lives, and families can get hosed.

I know this thread is garbage but defending hundreds of hours of skill training grind as "time and effort" is a new low

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I know this thread is garbage but defending hundreds of hours of skill training grind as "time and effort" is a new low

Fair, but thats the game we play. You are also neglecting to recognize that not everyone will do that. People like Pestily will. So you'll wind up with a level playing field. Which, again, is why exploiting skill levels irks me.

Also, this game is meant to take years to level up your skills. Nikita has stated that. Maybe you don't like that and want to exploit to avoid that, but most people don't do that and don't be upset that most players don't appreciate exploiters.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
It's intended that a giant russian guy shows up at your house and rapes your rear end in a top hat every time you die in game, so it's good design!

Also lol @ believing Nikita's poo poo about taking years to level up your skills. Nikita has already acknowledged that the game will require regular resets to keep people actually playing, and we all know the non-resetting "core" game will have approximately zero players. More realistic people already understand that it's easily understood that this game will never actually be done anyway.

This is one of the most pathetic displays of defending bad design that I've ever seen. Any time players find a way to defeat a idiot developer's attempts to make a game bad and unfun, it's a good thing and should be cheered.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think if skills that takes ages to level and make you do stuff better is something you think needs to be defeated youre not going to like where the game ends up

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ShowTime posted:

Also, this game is meant to take years to level up your skills. Nikita has stated that. Maybe you don't like that and want to exploit to avoid that, but most people don't do that and don't be upset that most players don't appreciate exploiters.

OK, I will do that when the game is released and skills are balanced and final. Until then I'll be enjoying the benefits of max skills even though I can only play a few hours a day max. hth

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i never got reset, no idea why. none of my friends are reset either so vov

playing at no str/end is suffering, game is borderline unplayable with the insane amount of hackers as is. if it took twice as long to get to places I'd play less than I am now.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Stux posted:

i think if skills that takes ages to level and make you do stuff better is something you think needs to be defeated youre not going to like where the game ends up

100%. If some of these guys have to exploit to enjoy the game they are gonna have a rough time when the even more hardcore stuff gets out.

K8.0 posted:

It's intended that a giant russian guy shows up at your house and rapes your rear end in a top hat every time you die in game, so it's good design!

Also lol @ believing Nikita's poo poo about taking years to level up your skills. Nikita has already acknowledged that the game will require regular resets to keep people actually playing, and we all know the non-resetting "core" game will have approximately zero players. More realistic people already understand that it's easily understood that this game will never actually be done anyway.

This is one of the most pathetic displays of defending bad design that I've ever seen. Any time players find a way to defeat a idiot developer's attempts to make a game bad and unfun, it's a good thing and should be cheered.

There will be seasons but you will have a main that is always a collection of all your stats/gear after the season ends. Like Diablo 3 seasons.

Maybe it's bad design but it's the game we play. Eventually you won't be able to exploit skills. Will you still enjoy the game or are you gonna quit? I don't think this game is what you think it is. And with what Nikita has planned, it's gonna get crazier. It was mentioned many pages back that when game devs don't have to worry about money, they do what they want with the game regardless of if it kills the game. Well Nikita has money now and his ideas are way more hardcore than what we have right now.

I'm done talking about it though. We clearly have different opinions about exploiting and that's just the way it is.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

My friend bought this and convinced me to pick it up to play together. Match 1: I have an AK. We run across the map "customs" for twenty minutes. I don't know where I am but he says he looked up a map to our exit. We creep past a gas station, and someone comes around a corner and kills us both.

Match 2: We try scavs. We wander around a bit and I get to loot some stuff, find a sniper rifle. I snipe an NPC, or think I do. We get killed by other scav NPCs trying to sneak past the one I killed, lol

Match 3: We try scavs again. I actually manage to loot a corpse and a couple boxes with random nonsense in them. We escape with my friend's outside map using skills even though we had separate EPs.

I now have an SKS, a shotgun, and 5/6 starter pistols. It's funny to me that this game has no mechanisms for advancement, really, if you just thoroughly suck rear end - you'll get a little exp but ultimately you'll run out of equipment and rubles unless you're killing/looting. On the other hand, it runs well, I like that you have to actually accomplish something to advance, and it reminds me of DayZ if DayZ wasn't a complete pile of poo poo. The level of tacticool milsim nerd is off the charts but I'm into that. The lore is nonsense but in a charming Russian way.

I'm looking forward to playing more, but I really wish it had at least a compass with bearings as a default HUD or usable item or something.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

How are we not convinced that PMC stats should be removed yet?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Frog Act posted:

My friend bought this and convinced me to pick it up to play together. Match 1: I have an AK. We run across the map "customs" for twenty minutes. I don't know where I am but he says he looked up a map to our exit. We creep past a gas station, and someone comes around a corner and kills us both.

Match 2: We try scavs. We wander around a bit and I get to loot some stuff, find a sniper rifle. I snipe an NPC, or think I do. We get killed by other scav NPCs trying to sneak past the one I killed, lol

Match 3: We try scavs again. I actually manage to loot a corpse and a couple boxes with random nonsense in them. We escape with my friend's outside map using skills even though we had separate EPs.

I now have an SKS, a shotgun, and 5/6 starter pistols. It's funny to me that this game has no mechanisms for advancement, really, if you just thoroughly suck rear end - you'll get a little exp but ultimately you'll run out of equipment and rubles unless you're killing/looting. On the other hand, it runs well, I like that you have to actually accomplish something to advance, and it reminds me of DayZ if DayZ wasn't a complete pile of poo poo. The level of tacticool milsim nerd is off the charts but I'm into that. The lore is nonsense but in a charming Russian way.

I'm looking forward to playing more, but I really wish it had at least a compass with bearings as a default HUD or usable item or something.

Run your scav as often as you can and make it your goal to get out with what you have. Loot everything along the way. You can run offline raids too. Just focus on learning 1 map at a time.

The game is meant to be brutal. You can always resort to pistol runs and stick gear into your secure container to make sure you get something out of the raid.

VulgarandStupid posted:

How are we not convinced that PMC stats should be removed yet?

We all want that, but it's not gonna happen. Might as well just get used to it. Not like we can make a change.org petition to get it changed.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ShowTime posted:

100%. If some of these guys have to exploit to enjoy the game they are gonna have a rough time when the even more hardcore stuff gets out.

Maybe it's bad design but it's the game we play. Eventually you won't be able to exploit skills. Will you still enjoy the game or are you gonna quit? I don't think this game is what you think it is.

Bro you started playing this wipe. The game has been way harder than it currently is. I have plenty of experience with and without max skills. Max skills are just more fun, and I will never be able to achieve them without glitching them, so I glitch them. I've done my time at newbie stats, the only way I'm gonna do it again is if I have to (i.e. they fix the glitches and balance skill gain).

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
pmc stats are good, cheating is bad

punish the cheaters its simple!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You’re saying that you’re so important that the rules which apply to everyone else shouldn’t apply to you because they are too inconvenient. It’s the same selfish mindset 14 year old aimbotters had in counter strike pubs

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

please knock Mom! posted:

You’re saying that you’re so important that the rules which apply to everyone else shouldn’t apply to you because they are too inconvenient. It’s the same selfish mindset 14 year old aimbotters had in counter strike pubs

lol no I'm saying that the game should be accessible to everyone and that powerful abilities should not be locked behind endless impossible grind but nice try

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cup Runneth Over posted:

lol no I'm saying that the game should be accessible to everyone and that powerful abilities should not be locked behind endless impossible grind but nice try

Heroically using a cheated advantage to help the common man I see

Weren’t you some underemployed loser anyway? Or was that the other cheater? C’mon son I’m a physician in the middle of a pandemic and even I have time for my three daily phonebook jogs

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Heroically using a cheated advantage to help the common man I see

Weren’t you some underemployed loser anyway? Or was that the other cheater? C’mon son I’m a physician in the middle of a pandemic and even I have time for my three daily phonebook jogs

Man i just started reading this thread but this seems really inappropriately personal over skill requirements in an FPS, wtf

I felt fine with no skills at all but I guess it’s noticeable if you’ve had them before

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

stats and progression are good, but let's not lock it behind gimmicks, and let's not make it a massive benefit.

as it stands, the only legitimate ways to level strength to max are to buy hundreds of millions of rubles of grenades and throw 30 of them a match, quit, and repeat for 48 hours. melee isn't viable, unless you're hitting friendlies intentionally, which again, isn't 'legitimate' or 'intended'

they should be a separate form of progression, that can actually be leveled without glitches and introduce money sinks and items sinks with them.

almost every single barter item in the game is pricefloored, ie available in such high quantities that player demand is irrelevant in determining it's price which sucks. the entire economic system needs to be reworked. guns are also pretty much pricefloored outside of a handful.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

in game economy without price controlling is always a disaster

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

seriously have to lol at comparing glitching max stats to aimbotting. one effortlessly wins you any engagement. the other makes no noticeable difference in almost any fight. which one is cheating? you decide!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

seriously have to lol at comparing glitching max stats to aimbotting. one effortlessly wins you any engagement. the other makes no noticeable difference in almost any fight. which one is cheating? you decide!

then why do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

hahahahahahahaha