Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Lawman 0 posted:

This sucks poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I've rigged an airlock system that blasts me with intense heated air after I've disrobed and burned my clothing upon entering my dwelling space. It's hot enough to turn the top layer of my skin into a fine ash. Anything less would still leave a possibility of infection I reckon.

Props for literary reference.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

the drafting "error" is money for low wage workers.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tei posted:

My sister told me the same thing from Madrid. But is imposible to say because of the "cloud of war". I think we will know after it ended.

I have already accepted, has a general rule, that every governement are lying about the numbers, some more efficiently than others.

People are both deliberately downplaying it, deliberately avoiding testing, and not counting people with symptoms from "nothing" to "severe flu" who never show up at a hospital. It's an odd effect because it seems to be understating the size of the pandemic but overstating the disease itself (seemingly vast rise in severity of illness recently from hospitals having enough tests but other people not getting them at all anymore).

Hannot
Nov 29, 2007
Grimey Drawer
My friends think it is OK if they go see their partner or just one friend because "they're not sick" even though those people are in contact with their irresponsible loser exes via their kids every week.

I am so loving frustrated. Give up loving and game nights for a few loving weeks. gently caress.

They go to the store and get stuff for "a couple days". I love them so much, I loving hate them for this. I wish I were so deluded about their invincibility.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

lmfao how can they hosed this up so badly

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

lol ny's morgues are almost full and poo poo has barely even started

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The thing that kills me about American Protestants is that these same people make convoluted arguments about how The Eye Of The Needle was actually a very small gateway and that Jesus threw out the money lenders because they were not job creators.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Tei posted:

My sister told me the same thing from Madrid. But is imposible to say because of the "cloud of war". I think we will know after it ended.

I have already accepted, has a general rule, that every governement are lying about the numbers, some more efficiently than others.

It's super hard for anyone to keep a grasp on figures or anything with it being such a rapidly changing situation, I guess time will tell how much is that and how much is underreporting. Also I love your av and every time you post I think of a tiny mouse saying it :3:

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
who the heck are offguardian

https://twitter.com/OffGuardian0/status/1242529794216116225

cause a lot of these takes seem either uninformed or before new figures were known

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

err posted:

lmfao how can they hosed this up so badly

It's such a goddamn low bar to clear, and we just continuously smash into it.

This really does highlight what an unstable foundation we've been teetering on.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Haze Thank Liberty posted:

My friends think it is OK if they go see their partner or just one friend because "they're not sick" even though those people are in contact with their irresponsible loser exes via their kids every week.

I am so loving frustrated. Give up loving and game nights for a few loving weeks. gently caress.

They go to the store and get stuff for "a couple days". I love them so much, I loving hate them for this. I wish I were so deluded about their invincibility.

There's only so many times you cm tell someone about the long asymptomatic period before you just can't any more for your own mental health

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

Walked to the corner shop to buy beer for my one (1) daily allowed outdoor activity and or exercise to purchase necessities, cracked out my n99 mask for the first time and wow that poo poo is uncomfortable, props to everyone who has to wear this sort of thing all day now. Plenty of beer, while supermarkets are all out, local shops still a good shout. The shop owner had a mask, gloves, hair net and it was contactless payment only, so good on him.

The Northern Ireland government decided to add off-licenses to the list of must-close businesses Small shops here aren't allowed to sell alcohol due to archaic licensing laws, so today everyone was in the supermarkets trying to bulk buy what little booze was left on the shelves.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

from The Villages forum

quote:

View Poll Results: Do you think the country will be ready to re-open by Easter? (April 12th)
Yes 13 12.50%
No 81 77.88%
Don't know 10 9.62%

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Chuka Umana posted:

imagine unironically using the word sportsball in 2020

do you smell your own farts too

a bunch of rapists cheering on other rapists in a scam to funnel money to billionaires and rob cities of tax income while starving public education of funds and driving up the cost of college. it's hard to think of a bigger problem with society and the quicker everyone involved with it gets turned into worm food the closer we are to solving the problems with society

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Unperson_47 posted:

from The Villages forum

how dare they

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Unperson_47 posted:

from The Villages forum

lol

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Counterargument: Angels in America.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MysteriousStranger posted:

a bunch of rapists cheering on other rapists in a scam to funnel money to billionaires and rob cities of tax income while starving public education of funds and driving up the cost of college. it's hard to think of a bigger problem with society and the quicker everyone involved with it gets turned into worm food the closer we are to solving the problems with society

Boy captalism sure is bad better ban a form of entertainment that has been a constant in society since before money was invented

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
nytimes is on the bean hype train
https://i.imgur.com/hmNCgXw.mp4

Unperson_47 posted:

from The Villages forum

lmao even these old fucks know

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Torpedoes the bill you fucks. do it.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

three weeks of no circuses, then three weeks of no bread and no circuses

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1242896948237123584

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at just boiling a huge pot of beans, what the gently caress

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

shovelbum posted:

People are both deliberately downplaying it, deliberately avoiding testing, and not counting people with symptoms from "nothing" to "severe flu" who never show up at a hospital. It's an odd effect because it seems to be understating the size of the pandemic but overstating the disease itself (seemingly vast rise in severity of illness recently from hospitals having enough tests but other people not getting them at all anymore).

Is a real bad thing, becase by hiding the number to avoid panic people don't act on the real circunstances or have any idea how urgent are the needs.

Failson posted:

Not disbelieving, but I'm wondering how the management is hiding them? Reclassifying as different causes? Just not reporting at all?

In Russia what they do is classify them has random pneumonias.
In Germany they either not test the dead, or put in other category if the coronavirus patient died from complications.
In Spain they send people home. I guest soon we will heard about spanish people living with the corpse of a familiar.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

someone who answered "yes" to the poll asking if the coutnry will be open by easter

quote:

Of course it won't be "ready to open" by Easter. It's a ridiculous expectation and only the gullible would believe it.

That isn't the point though. The point is - someone expects it to be open by Easter ANYWAY. Whether it's ready or not.

lmao

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Homeless Friend posted:

lol at just boiling a huge pot of beans, what the gently caress

The gently caress else would you do with beans? How do you prepare beans that doesn't involve boiling a bunch of them in water?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/PennLive/status/1242893767755157504

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

shovelbum posted:

Boy captalism sure is bad better ban a form of entertainment that has been a constant in society since before money was invented

bread and circuses are what lets capitalism and inequality work

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

MysteriousStranger posted:

bread and circuses are what lets capitalism and inequality work

they are what let any hierarchical social organization work.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

BMX Ninja posted:

The Northern Ireland government decided to add off-licenses to the list of must-close businesses Small shops here aren't allowed to sell alcohol due to archaic licensing laws, so today everyone was in the supermarkets trying to bulk buy what little booze was left on the shelves.

Dang that sucks, also very short sighted because people with alcohol dependancy will uh die if they are forced to withdraw immediately. That's only gonna put more strain on A&E :( like I get people want a drink indoors when they are bored and can't go out, but this could kill people

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

wonder if it will be hard for them to rescind this once the pandemic's over

haha just kidding the pandemic is never going to end

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Unperson_47 posted:

from The Villages forum

Glad that even the chud death star is outright rejecting being the impending sacrifices to Mammon

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Dunno what this place is but I'm guessing that translates to 11-12 bucks an hour instead of 8-9 for most of their employees? Why not just pay that to begin with?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Kibbles n Shits posted:

The gently caress else would you do with beans? How do you prepare beans that doesn't involve boiling a bunch of them in water?

too drat inefficient and too many beans. instantpot ftw

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Dunno what this place is but I'm guessing that translates to 11-12 bucks an hour instead of 8-9 for most of their employees? Why not just pay that to begin with?

it's less profitable by a tiny margin

also many were probably starting at $7-8

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kibbles n Shits posted:

More like starting around 11-12 so closer to 14-15 they were already having trouble finding people before this.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

KING poo poo

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1242896476872806402

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Torpedoes the bill you fucks. do it.

no, bill is the name of the bullet. the torpedo's name is ted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Grammarchist posted:

That old "Remain Indoors" skit was just starting to get funny for me and now we're supposed to go to work and pretend everything's fine. "Post-apocalyptic British game show" is pretty much my vibe right now though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGa2L_Z1gC4

Latest episode of the Rule of Three podcast is a discussion between all the writers of this sketch. Worth a listen.