Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Carrion is probably my most anticipated game, I'm looking forward to bein the Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I am being a bit of a weirdo in Carrion, I've realised. I am attempting to eat no one but armed people who shoot at me.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
They really nailed the feeling of being a sentient liquidy goo monster where you don't have precise control over yourself, the game feels really good to play. Also grabbin dudes and smashing them against the ceiling is really satisfying.

Oh yeah almost forgot, if you played Lakeview Cabin and wanted a sequel, good news!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/783840/Lakeview_Valley/
So far my nudist hammer-wielding psycho has been bitten by snakes, hidden a dead body, and been beaten to death by a perv in an exercise outfit.

Dreadwroth2 fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 19, 2020

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I dunno I've been finding a good mesure of control provied you're subtle with it. I've been quietly dislodging grates and throwng them at people and doing ambush nets, before explding out of vents to tear apart people with guns.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I was a little leery of Carrion because it looked like all you did was explode out of vents and kill everyone.

Then I played it and it turns out exploding out of vents and killing everyone is a lot of fun.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

It's a very small section of it, but it also feels like Carrion has some good sense of progression and throwing new challenges at you as you get stronger.

The lighting, especially for fire effects, looks incredible, even better when it's in motion:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

You should check out Butcher if you like Carrion's art style. It's made by some of the same people.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Am i getting old or is everything in the trailer for butcher either too small to see or too covered in particle effects to see?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The resi3 demo was tight but ahhhhhh I don’t know how I’ll feel about Nemesis. I can accept his speed and aggression, that was him in the original, but motherfucker can teleport and stun you with a scream and create super zombies that instantly trigger him to your position. Oh and his elbows hurt, you can be behind the dude when he uppercuts but his left elbow will jab you in the ribs on the windup. I do think he goes down faster than Mr X but if Nemesis is present the whole game then idk this poo poo might get annoying.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

dogstile posted:

Am i getting old or is everything in the trailer for butcher either too small to see or too covered in particle effects to see?

Things are extremely tiny and that contributes to the difficulty. It's one of those games where playing with a controller makes it significantly easier due to the very generous auto aim.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Yeah I have Butcher on PS4 and if I sit my usual distance away, the game makes my eyes water its so small. Fun though, expect to die alot like Hotline Miami.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm playing REmake 2 right after REmake 3 demo and I'm getting weird nostalgic feelings. After the initial review craze the early internet got a little cold against RE3 because Code Veronica looked hot and people felt Capcom was going in a more action oriented direction. And yeah, I get the same feeling playing the demo compared to RE2 which opens like a straight up horror movie with a ton of gross out gore moments.

Not saying this is a bad thing it's just a really weird feeling to follow a series for so long that its come full circle like 3 times.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

World of Horror's got an event modding update.

I hope for a comedy mod. A Blackadder CYOA, or something.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

al-azad posted:

The resi3 demo was tight but ahhhhhh I don’t know how I’ll feel about Nemesis. I can accept his speed and aggression, that was him in the original, but motherfucker can teleport and stun you with a scream and create super zombies that instantly trigger him to your position. Oh and his elbows hurt, you can be behind the dude when he uppercuts but his left elbow will jab you in the ribs on the windup. I do think he goes down faster than Mr X but if Nemesis is present the whole game then idk this poo poo might get annoying.

He does seem less relentless than Mr. X, but I don't know if that's the demo. A bunch of streamers just turned tail and instantly lost him.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Thundercracker posted:

He does seem less relentless than Mr. X, but I don't know if that's the demo. A bunch of streamers just turned tail and instantly lost him.

Yeah hard to say from the short level of the demo, the final game is supposed to have fast travel. It doesn’t look like he physically patrols, if you make too much noise or alert one of his big head zombies he drops into your area and just charges. If you sort of cheese him by the safe room door you can see him leap off the map when he “gives up.”

It would be neat if he chilled on the rooftops or had some other visual cue but going by the demo he straight up poofs around.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
wow these extra scenarios in re2make are way more difficult, and unfun

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Relin posted:

they really double down on the action's puzzle-y aspect, it's a tough change of pace

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Relin posted:

The only one I think I really enjoyed was the Gas Station. I'm just not good at playing Hunk/ Tofu style scenarios at all.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dreadwroth2 posted:

They really nailed the feeling of being a sentient liquidy goo monster where you don't have precise control over yourself, the game feels really good to play. Also grabbin dudes and smashing them against the ceiling is really satisfying.

Oh yeah almost forgot, if you played Lakeview Cabin and wanted a sequel, good news!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/783840/Lakeview_Valley/
So far my nudist hammer-wielding psycho has been bitten by snakes, hidden a dead body, and been beaten to death by a perv in an exercise outfit.

I did want that! Thanks for letting me know! Lakeview Cabin as a treat and I should really replay it (although the puzzle level was a bit annoying, but I appreciated the experimentation).

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm finishing up REmake2 in preparation for next week and maybe this is a hot take idk but I really hate the shotgun! In the original the spread on it was so wide you could hit an entire room of zombies but this shotgun is the opposite of video game shotguns, you have to be just as accurate with it as the pistol and I've whiffed an embarrassing number of point blank shots. Really I think I'm just upset that I died to the licker/zombie ambush in the Umbrella labs and loving lickers take 3-4 upgraded magnum blasts to down which is absurd.

I've come around on the REmake3 demo having finished REmake2. Fire whoever thought of knife durability, a proper dodge is very welcome, zombies don't seem like they can rapid-lurch or snap-180 degree turn to grab you while standing up (Leon, why are you so goddamn physically weak????), and overall the zombies feel like 25% less spongy plus there are environmental hazards you can shoot.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
You'll like the shotgun in RE3make, then. The spread is so wide that it is literally impossible to hit anything more than three yards away.

You definitely won't miss anything within that range, though. It basically hits the entire screen at once.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

World of Horror is very interesting. It's like a purely luck-based horror rpg. You can beat it in like 40 minutes, or die to the first enemy you encounter. Weird but fun.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It's like a board game about pulling event cards out of a deck.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yeah, it's basically a coffee break game. Stylish, but not with all that much real substance. It's kind of a shame, I was hoping there would be more to it.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i bought it for the style so i dont feel shorted. steam workshop will make it even better

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
There's currently a modding channel in the WORLD OF HORROR discord. Periodically someone zips up all of the new poo poo and releases a batch download. I haven't delved into them yet but you can also set the game to only display modded content so you can test them out.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Oh I'll need to check that out! It's like the videogame version of Arkham Horror I always wanted.

I can't unlock the Hunter girl. Do I need something specific or just keep searching the forest with Outdoorsman and the tv report on missing person?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Signalis still exists

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Whew, R3make reviews are kind of middling basically confirming my fears of RE3 headed in the direction of action set pieces over the survival horror of RE2 which is fine on its own but RE2's pacing was impeccable while RE3 falls into the "arbitrarily barricade the player when they reach a new location." People describing various sequences as Uncharted-esque, like the sewer alligator sequence but repeated multiple times, and that the pacing of the game feels like it's rushing you through action set pieces compared to the sprawling level layouts of RE2.

It seems like RE3 is actually a backdoor for Resistance. Early impressions of the multiplayer are generally positive but RE2 actually surprised me with how much singleplayer content it had, how much the B scenario mixed things up, all the secrets and post-game modes, yet RE3 doesn't have any of the branching paths or post-game content the PS1 original did so all you're left with is replaying the same campaign with different weapons and costumes.

I still want to play it but this is definitely going to be a summer sale game fo me.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Reactions over in the Resident Evil thread aren't very positive either so far. I was really looking forward to that game, but I'll definitely be holding off on it. It just doesn't sound very good.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I just want Resi 4 in the new engine at this point. 3 wasn't anywhere near as good as 2 to begin with.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Yeah I remember people feeling let down by 3 way back when it first came out. But that buzz was around other 10 and 11 year olds so maybe it was well liked by people with better developed tastes?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm just happy that this means the next game up is Code REvonica.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Give me Outbreak Capcom

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

i really liked re3 back in the day which makes my disappointment with the remake so much worse

everything in it (besides the characters) is just handled so poorly

and for some reason they decided that every boss arena should be a giant circle with some obstacle in the center

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

You can really tell that this game was made by a completely different team than RE2make, so don't hold it against those guys. RE2make and RE3make were developed concurrently, but RE3make was also sharing the development space with the development of Resident Evil Resistance, one of those lovely asymmetric multiplayer-only games that are currently everyone's favourite cash cow. The RE2make team is still cool.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Len posted:

Yeah I remember people feeling let down by 3 way back when it first came out. But that buzz was around other 10 and 11 year olds so maybe it was well liked by people with better developed tastes?

Nemesis was critically acclaimed, about as well as RE2, but I definitely remember trepidation on the series' direction in the early GameFAQs forums back in the day.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Well shoot. I never played 3 back in the day so I was just hoping for basically more RE2make goodness.

Still, number go up so I can also hope for this:

Chas McGill posted:

I just want Resi 4 in the new engine at this point.

Only change I'd make, stick closer to the RE4 character model, RE2make Leon somehow looked like a boy band dropout.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Captain Hygiene posted:

Well shoot. I never played 3 back in the day so I was just hoping for basically more RE2make goodness.

Still, number go up so I can also hope for this:

Only change I'd make, stick closer to the RE4 character model, RE2make Leon somehow looked like a boy band dropout.

Well, RE4 Leon was 6 years older and probably a lot more jaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I gotta admit, I am kind of disappointed by the whole "PTSD" and nightmares angle. I liked the way RE2make managed to hit the perfect sweet spot between real horror/drama and being a silly action movie with Claire cussing at all the things and Leon getting progressively more into his action one liners the farther you get into the game. RE3make has an entirely different feel to it right from the start and now I'm actually seeing it myself, I can completely understand why especially fans of RE2make aren't entirely enthused about it.