Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jesus WEP posted:

it’s been 3 days, im guessing it’ll happen soon enough

i really like the team here in ireland but gently caress me americans are weird to work with. sorry if you’re offended.

We're big and nasty. Very few of us actually want to do what we're doing. its cool, we understand. Just don't be rude about it or we'll shoot you(we have guns).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coconono posted:

We're big and nasty. Very few of us actually want to do what we're doing. its cool, we understand. Just don't be rude about it or we'll shoot you(we have guns).
are you mostly just all pretending to be Super Enthusiastic About The Company or what

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jesus WEP posted:

are you mostly just all pretending to be Super Enthusiastic About The Company or what

The safe ones yeah. The ones that are seriously super happy to be working here are the ones that'll Milgram Experiment your rear end to death, avoid avoid avoid.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

Employers can fire employees for any reason at all in nearly every state, and some employers will choose "not enthusiastic enough" as a reason why.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I worked at a place that would fire people at random. Nothing says "I went to a good college and made the correct life choices" like ending up in a call center.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm going to watch better movies today while i work. well, i think theyh'll be better. i hvaven't seen them so they might suck. sutherland body snatchers & phantom of the paradise

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If there was a movie playing while i worked i would say like this. Turn that poo poo off. OR i would stop working. ^^^ a little bit impressed by this ^^^

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm gonna go throw some rich dipshit's laptop in the white river, here's your moment of zen:

https://twitter.com/heulangel/status/1242866903837585413

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I work on SNAP cases and there are so many new applicants they are activating more workers to deal with it. I got about 30 yesterday alone. Woof.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

If there was a movie playing while i worked i would say like this. Turn that poo poo off. OR i would stop working. ^^^ a little bit impressed by this ^^^

my job is extremely mindless & tedious so its ez to watch crap while doing or waiting to doing

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

yeah I worked at a place that would fire people at random. Nothing says "I went to a good college and made the correct life choices" like ending up in a call center.

I worked at a call center for like two weeks many years ago

Just thinking back to that time puts me in a terrible mood, that's how bad it is

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

vvv still cool vvv

yea ok posted:

my job is extremely mindless & tedious so its ez to watch crap while doing or waiting to doing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I worked at a call center for like two weeks many years ago

Just thinking back to that time puts me in a terrible mood, that's how bad it is

the funny part was that the job itself was super easy and kind of fulfilling but the corporate bullshit around it really soured me to ever working in large companies ever again.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
just remembered i saw damian “jr gong” marley like four times in high school

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WatermelonGun posted:

just remembered i saw damian “jr gong” marley like four times in high school

whatever happened to that guy? He had one cool hit, was on Austin City Limits and then disappeared.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

coconono posted:

whatever happened to that guy? He had one cool hit, was on Austin City Limits and then disappeared.

he put out that album with nas i never listened to

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

So we paying rent or what

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

My bills are piling up. Is this bailout happening? And if it is happening, are they doing something loving stupid like tying the thing to hours worked or type of job?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I'm making that big pizza, life is too short.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

My bills are piling up. Is this bailout happening? And if it is happening, are they doing something loving stupid like tying the thing to hours worked or type of job?

It's happening but you won't see any money til probably May or June.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Don’t trust the government
only your fists will tell the truth.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

the funny part was that the job itself was super easy and kind of fulfilling but the corporate bullshit around it really soured me to ever working in large companies ever again.

Mine was not. It was back when satellite internet first started being a thing combined with netflix first being a thing and you were selling it to rural customers who wanted to know if their 1gb cap before they got throttled for 150 bucks a month was a good deal that they could use for netflix and their grandson's xbox. It was a scam. They'd blow through their cap in a half hour and get throttled to dialup speeds for the rest of the month, then get charged for overages.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

bradzilla posted:

It's happening but you won't see any money til probably May or June.

It's not happening if your like me and was 1099 and lost your job, we're just hosed, and can't apply for unemployment, i'll be homeless whenever they can legally evict me might paint my face and go on jimmy fallon's show to do comedy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sorry, EMF :smith:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

phantom of the paradise was so sick holy poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!! body snatchas was good poo poo too i knew the ending but seeing it in context of rest of movie was tite. i also watched some short thing called "the 7th victim" that was alright bout some satanists that go off and are pissed some lady tells about them. was alright for some 40s movie thing. this has been your daily update.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

yea ok posted:

phantom of the paradise was so sick holy poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh God I haven't seen that movie in years but I loving love it so much. Paul Williams is such a weird looking dude with somehow amazing on-screen presence.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Eat My Fuc posted:

It's not happening if your like me and was 1099 and lost your job, we're just hosed, and can't apply for unemployment, i'll be homeless whenever they can legally evict me might paint my face and go on jimmy fallon's show to do comedy
Same 1099 boat, friend. Bills piling up. No idea what to do. Can't go get another job. And even if I did, if it doesn't have awesome insurance, I lose mine and have to detransition.

This is really, incredibly, so much, very, not good.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gwent is on phones now and its helping me during the day at work where I am supposed to be even with no kids attending or allowed to be at school.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/JuddWinick/status/1242473178389078024?s=19

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Same 1099 boat, friend. Bills piling up. No idea what to do. Can't go get another job. And even if I did, if it doesn't have awesome insurance, I lose mine and have to detransition.

This is really, incredibly, so much, very, not good.

Yea it's pretty much game over for many, many people. If this doesn't spur mass rioting or something I assume humanity just goes out quietly from poverty starvation or something of that nature.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you must sell that stock even though it hurts.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Mekchu posted:

Gwent is on phones now and its helping me during the day at work where I am supposed to be even with no kids attending or allowed to be at school.

Wtf that’s nuts; they’re just keeping me at home. It’s technically spring break right now but even after that we are down until the 22nd.

I work in a really big school though.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Magic posted:

Wtf that’s nuts; they’re just keeping me at home. It’s technically spring break right now but even after that we are down until the 22nd.

I work in a really big school though.

Im in Korea where we have things mostly under control. There's been 100 cases in my province with 0 deaths. 55 ppl were treated/discharged from the hospital. The country is also rigorously testing/alerting ppl of possible exposure via emergency alerts. Its also the start of our schook year as of March 9th so weve been off of school for a few weeks already and the government is rolling out policies for over the internet/phone lessons etc.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
still sorting out things on getting a new charger for my laptop, will probably be able to borrow another laptop we have here tomorrow, though for right now I actually hooked back up my old ancient COMPAQ Windows XP desktop to experiment a little, and it's incredibly suboptimal(for one thing I don't have Admin control on here) but a pleasant surprise nonetheless at how well it's technically working for a computer that's probably somewhere between 14 and 16 years old(even if it did get a slight upgrad back around 2010)

in fact this very post was typed on it

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’ve spent all spring break so far hype as hell and sorting files and setting stuff up on my new server, working long hours and taking very few breaks, and I thought I was just really into the project.

Well, I am, but also my wife has been making the coffee and she fills the filter up to the loving brim, goddamn y’all. I been running on rocket fuel

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
watched stranger by the lake again.

think i’m gonna replay ffvii now. maybe i’m ill

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

wonderful game. i watched 2 fast 2 furious (rewatch) and toyo drift (First time) today

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
my favorite part of 2f2f is when the dead Paul walker pins it while staring crazy eyed at eva mendes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rip Paul Walker, rip nelson mandela, rip brain griffin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Spent all of tonight watching old cartoons (sorry shaman of cum your activity stream is gonna be absolutely littered with poo poo from the last hour luv u). Mostly Chuck Jones Looney Tunes. That's the certified Good poo poo. Disney's stuff of the same era (late 40s early 50s) was cute and undeniably high quality but it's boring as poo poo compared to stuff like the Rabbit Season Duck Season trilogy or those confounded Dover Boys.