Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
It's stunning how much this virus is kicking the poo poo out of Europe and the US relative to East Asia in both total cases and death counts. Within the next couple days both America and Italy will pass China in total number of cases, Italy has already doubled China's reported number of deaths. We had months of warning that this was coming and still completely poo poo the bed.

And it's not just China potentially fudging some of the case data. South Korea and Japan both effectively clamped down on this after an initial surge. It just keeps going up up up everywhere simultaneously in the US and Europe though.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6 - Johns Hopkins worldwide covid map thingy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

It's because you have loving morons like my dad who laugh and call to go "ha ha I went out to get coffee and you can't stop me"

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Achtane posted:

My wife works at a pet store, which are designated "essential", but aren't doing anything other than reducing hours a little. None of her dumbshit customers are practicing social distancing, so she's just getting surrounded by people all day. Families are coming in and treating it like a visit to the zoo. This is loving insane. They need to change to pickup only, or actually limit the number of customers in the store, but what's really going to happen is she's gonna get sick and then I'm gonna die because I have high blood pressure and had asthma as a kid. gently caress yeah.

My niece goes to college near me and her school cancelled classes for the semester while she was home for spring break so I rescued her rabbit from her dorm. I've never kept a rabbit before, and she was low on a couple of things. Did you know rabbits need to eat hay constantly? They like to eat hay while they poo so you have to put some in the litterbox, for them to eat. Anyway, I have dogs so even though I bought plenty of dog food I didn't have any hay and Smokey and I would have been hosed if your wife wasn't there to sell me some expensive rear end rabbit hay. Thank you both for your sacrifice.

Smokey has since been reunited with his family

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

it's.. not normal to eat while you poop? asking for a friend

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
is cute :swoon:

Yeah, we have three chinchillas and they love themselves some hay. I think they might be the cutest of all animals.
Wanna go pet one o' them chillas.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

There is absolutely no sense of unity in the US, and never has been. Kurt Vonnegut even remarked on this when he wrote Slaughterhouse Five over half a century ago. We are taught to hate ourselves and each other

And we are especially taught to distrust scientific authority, the GOP media machine has been training people to do that for decades. If an actual expert goes on TV with a proven-effective plan of action, no one listens, because we are trained to not trust them, only the talking heads on Fox News provide trustworthy information and they're telling me that this is no worse than the sniffles, we don't shut down the entire economy over the common cold!!1!

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
someone I went to high school with has been on a cruise since ~5 March, haven't seen a post on Facebook since then ...

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is there still a rule about drunk posting in GBS? Asking for later.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

poverty goat posted:

My niece goes to college near me and her school cancelled classes for the semester while she was home for spring break so I rescued her rabbit from her dorm. I've never kept a rabbit before, and she was low on a couple of things. Did you know rabbits need to eat hay constantly? They like to eat hay while they poo so you have to put some in the litterbox, for them to eat. Anyway, I have dogs so even though I bought plenty of dog food I didn't have any hay and Smokey and I would have been hosed if your wife wasn't there to sell me some expensive rear end rabbit hay. Thank you both for your sacrifice.

Smokey has since been reunited with his family

Our rabbit looks almost the same as that one. Thank you for saving that tiny grumpy english rabbit

Be prepared for their piss to smell awful and for them to poop occasionally outside of their litter box, because while they do like pooping in a designated place they also poop constantly, but at least their poops are basically tiny odorless pellets that are easy to sweep up. If you have a garden their poop also makes some of the best fertilizer on Earth.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

bollig posted:

someone I went to high school with has been on a cruise since ~5 March, haven't seen a post on Facebook since then ...

condolences

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
People need pet stores also because normal stores have like cat and dog food but not lizard food etc

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Yeah, definitely. I just don't see why they can't set either a strict limit on customers inside at a time, or go to pickup only. They put tape on the floor to designate where to stand while employees get your stuff but nobody gives a poo poo.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Pick posted:

People need pet stores also because normal stores have like cat and dog food but not lizard food etc

Yup this. I have a leopard gecko to feed. He's a big plump boy and I want him to stay that way. Ordering live crickets online is always a crapshoot.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I like to eat a nice fat sausage while I poop, for the symmetry.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Today is a sad day. The masturbation convention is in danger of being canceled :smith:

Bate Con 2020|BateCon 2020 - the largest public masturbation exhibition in the USA | National Masturbation Convention 2020

quote:

BateCon is the largest public masturbation exhibition in the USA. Taking place over four days, BateCon was created for like-minded adults who are looking to socially connect through the act of masturbation. Normally, it’s regarded as a private act, but we here at BateCon believe masturbation is a great tool for social bonding.

No matter how you like to touch yourself, there’s something for everyone (over 18) at BateCon. Want add a little spice with a new toy or technique? Then shop from our expansive trade show floor or catch one of our many educational seminars. Want to meet a BateCon celebrity and take some photos with them? There are several attending they’re right here to share a good time with you! Are you in the mood for a live performance? We have a full-blown shows centered around edging, squirting, and sex toy demonstration. Plus, our very own Kings and Queens of Masturbation will be crowned on the final night. Are you ambitious and like to show others what makes you feel good?

Make your way to one of our most popular show features, our group masturbation rooms! No matter your gender or orientation, we’ve got you covered with rooms designated for all preferences and combinations.

its not real

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Achtane posted:

Yeah, definitely. I just don't see why they can't set either a strict limit on customers inside at a time, or go to pickup only. They put tape on the floor to designate where to stand while employees get your stuff but nobody gives a poo poo.

Yeah a limit on customers would make sense. A lot of places have a "no more than X" people can gather in one spot, if your area has a limit like that (and it's like 5 or 10, not 50) you could make the argument that should apply to your store as well.

In Canada bans on large gatherings are now being enforced with fines on businesses and individuals who don't comply.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Ebola Roulette posted:

Yup this. I have a leopard gecko to feed. He's a big plump boy and I want him to stay that way. Ordering live crickets online is always a crapshoot.

Wild bugs are out in a lot of areas now it's spring - my sons praying mantis has been feasting well on a variety of random beetles and grasshoppers. Invest in a very fine loose net, cast it over something green, give it a kick or two and see what hops out.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Don't shake hands at Bate Con.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cacafuego posted:

its not real

Yet.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Det_no posted:

Don't shake hands at Bate Con.

Isn’t that the entire point?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/1242941666635517954

lmao hahhaha

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
As I post, we're talking to my wife's grandfather(97) and stepgrandmother(79) in Ohio. They have a hoarder amount of food stocked up and don't plan to go anywhere.

But their neighbors went door to door delivering soup, so they had soup for dinner last night.

Also, does anyone have that mask sterilization chart? I think it said 160 and our oven only goes down to 170, so I need to look at the alternatives.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cacafuego posted:

Today is a sad day. The masturbation convention is in danger of being canceled :smith:

Bate Con 2020|BateCon 2020 - the largest public masturbation exhibition in the USA | National Masturbation Convention 2020

its not real

Post on facebook that liberals are trying to get a public masturbation and gun rally banned for X reason and you'll have chuds tugging their dicks on the courthouse steps by tomorrow.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Chinatown posted:

more leik Cross poo poo!!!! :grin:

Cough fit

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

people really need to stop watching tv

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Rolo posted:

Is there still a rule about drunk posting in GBS? Asking for later.

Just lol if you aren't always drunk posting.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah a limit on customers would make sense. A lot of places have a "no more than X" people can gather in one spot, if your area has a limit like that (and it's like 5 or 10, not 50) you could make the argument that should apply to your store as well.

In Canada bans on large gatherings are now being enforced with fines on businesses and individuals who don't comply.

I saw that Los Angeles is going to start shutting off the water and electricity to non-essential business that refuse to close.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hopefully the free press for him is coming to an end.

https://twitter.com/noahshachtman/status/1242928863010848768?s=21

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

cynic posted:

Wild bugs are out in a lot of areas now it's spring - my sons praying mantis has been feasting well on a variety of random beetles and grasshoppers. Invest in a very fine loose net, cast it over something green, give it a kick or two and see what hops out.

I thought all the experts advised against that, as you might catch a bug that came from an area sprayed with pesticide.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

EL BROMANCE posted:

This is a cool and good idea so they most certainly won't follow through with it. I'd also accept playing the speeches on enough of a delay so they can just overlay a fart noise over each lie.

But who are the news networks even reaching anymore that isn't under 40 years old or otherwise completely silo'ed in some sort of information hell?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

after like 4 years the media is just now considering that maybe letting that dude have all the free airtime he wants could be a bad idea, I bet they're not even going to follow through either because right there in the article "ratings are higher than ever"

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

This whole thing has aggravated the hell out of my depression

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Fabulousity posted:

This is a cool and good idea so they most certainly won't follow through with it. I'd also accept playing the speeches on enough of a delay so they can just overlay a fart noise over each lie.

But who are the news networks even reaching anymore that isn't under 40 years old or otherwise completely silo'ed in some sort of information hell?

idk, i know a loooot of people that still watch tv religiously, every single day, and use it for their primary source of information. the under 40 crowd is less likely to, but anecdotally it still seems v popular in the usa

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Beachcomber posted:

As I post, we're talking to my wife's grandfather(97) and stepgrandmother(79) in Ohio. They have a hoarder amount of food stocked up and don't plan to go anywhere.

But their neighbors went door to door delivering soup, so they had soup for dinner last night.

Also, does anyone have that mask sterilization chart? I think it said 160 and our oven only goes down to 170, so I need to look at the alternatives.

170 is fine

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Grape posted:

Make a good post. Just once. Or even a mediocre post, is that fair?
Imagine that if you make a good or ho-hum post that it will instantly cure the virus and save the world. Just something anything to help you produce something that didn't crawl out of your butt.

What the hell are you talking about, Grape?

I am fully prepared to make many posts that specifically please you.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

Good. No reason to see the president during a constantly worsening national pandemic.

They'll change their minds after one day, once they see that Fox got 15 million viewers for being the only station to air it.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

they can use to the airtime to talk about how biden being awol because he is comatose in a hospital room for days at a time between being pumped full of drugs for brief, incoherent media appearances is actually a good thing because...

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

quote:

New York, North Carolina and Hawaii say they need additional morgue space.

The president expressed confidence at the White House briefing that things in the country were improving. “America continues to gain ground in the war against the virus,” he said.

But as he spoke, the Federal Emergency Management Agency confirmed that New York State has asked the federal government to build emergency morgues as the number of confirmed cases in the state reached more than 30,000. North Carolina and Hawaii also submitted requests for the additional morgue space.

“These requests are currently in the review and approval process,” said FEMA spokeswoman Lizzie Litzow.

fema morgues

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Coronavirus?! FEMA?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStn70Ot4r0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

what if we could turn the supply of dead people into a sustainable food supply for the poor