Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ASAPI posted:

That is insane.

I can *almost* understand a call for very strict triage rules like in Italy (ie, old people will die, accept it). But this is insane. There is no way to guarantee the controlled rate of infection. This sounds like they were on some drugs and watching/reading bad scifi.

no it's proof of what CSPAM has been trying to explain to everyone for years, your lives are meaningless to those in power when weighed against the risk of Number Go Down.

quote this post in the near future when they're pushing to roll back child labor laws as a hail-mary to jumpstart the economy.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Every clown who writes an op ed saying just die for the market should be required to work a retail job in the highest risk areas for a the duration of the crisis.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Also Duzzy your sister sounds like the exact kind of not just irresponsible but anti-responsible that my dad was and I can say that yes, your life very likely will be better if you :sever:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Alaan posted:

Every clown who writes an op ed saying just die for the market should be required to work a retail job in the highest risk areas for a the duration of the crisis.

https://twitter.com/Yascha_Mounk/status/1242657146392784896

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

edit: nope

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
In current events, Joe Biden is being accused of sexual assault.

https://twitter.com/kthalps/status/1242691746561167360

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Duzzy, hope everything works out for you and your folks.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
also

https://twitter.com/JustinEsarey/status/1242812683763830786

I remember as a kid I thought Boeing was so cool purely from their products and how pilots loved their planes etc.

e: also yeah, hope everything turns out ok Duzzy

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I’ve read the Boeing/McDonnell Douglas merge described as “McD bought Boeing using Boeing’s money.”

And here we are today.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://twitter.com/GovTimWalz/status/1242892136976199681

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Eej posted:

also

https://twitter.com/JustinEsarey/status/1242812683763830786

I remember as a kid I thought Boeing was so cool purely from their products and how pilots loved their planes etc.

e: also yeah, hope everything turns out ok Duzzy

That’s because as a kid Boeing made planes.

Now that you’re an adult you see that they make bombs and bad decisions.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

The irony is just muah.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Cross posting my own post from the Illinois politics thread because this whole discussion is related.

FuturePastNow posted:

Republicans would throw some the elderly into a volcano to make the stock market go up, and the remaining elderly would still vote for them after

Thwomp posted:

For some reason, this post really clicked something for me. Or at least made me realize how far down the rabbit hole Republicans have gone.

They absolutely would throw their own in. And they’d have absolutely no problem with it unless they were the one selected to be thrown. The cult of “follow the leader” plus an unhealthy attachment to personal prosperity is just bonkers.

Explains downstaters too. They’d absolutely sever Chicagoland from the rest of the state even though it’d make their outlook objectively worse. I’m sure they’d be happy though, not tied to the blacks big city politics crushing their wishes.

For anyone (thankfully) unfamiliar, Illinois outside of the Chicago metro area is as backwards, racist, and conservative as any part of Missouri, Kentucky, or Nebraska.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Hey, Missouri is a poo poo hole even without the racism.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That's not accurate. To my knowledge, no agency in the UN system, of which the IMF is one, has lost anyone due to COVID.

Source: I work for a UN agency.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

pantslesswithwolves posted:

That's not accurate. To my knowledge, no agency in the UN system, of which the IMF is one, has lost anyone due to COVID.

Source: I work for a UN agency.

HES A DEEP STATE GET HIM

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO JOINDER ME WITH HIS BLUE HELMET.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

HES A DEEP STATE GET HIM

Uh I'm a (((globalist "word that cannot be typed out but begins with a c and ends with the last three letters of a waterfowl that goes quack"))) please get your terminology right

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I built planes for Boeing for a lot of years, they need to go down to learn. Cause they are full of poo poo. it's an airplane manufacturer run my business school grads who are all hiding how much money they're spending and losing. their books are so cooked it is absolutely insane and when it comes out it's going to just destroy the company.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Thwomp posted:

Cross posting my own post from the Illinois politics thread because this whole discussion is related.

For anyone (thankfully) unfamiliar, Illinois outside of the Chicago metro area is as backwards, racist, and conservative as any part of Missouri, Kentucky, or Nebraska.

I grew up between Kankakee and Champaign in corn and soybean country. You are not wrong. Not in the slightest.

I describe it like most of Ohio, only a touch less racist. Like, 2% less. No one I knew growing up had a confederate flag and the large hispanic community in the area is kinda surprising. Also not surprising, the first time I seeing a black person, in person, was when Ernie Banks (Mr. Cubs) came to a town to ride in a float as a guest of honor. Other than stunts like that, towns were mostly white with 10-20% hispanic populations.

Central Illinois is garbage, unless you like corn.

I am saddened over the loss of Indiana Beach though, it's closed down for good now. :(

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

bird cooch posted:

I built planes for Boeing for a lot of years, they need to go down to learn. Cause they are full of poo poo. it's an airplane manufacturer run my business school grads who are all hiding how much money they're spending and losing. their books are so cooked it is absolutely insane and when it comes out it's going to just destroy the company.

This is literally every company in every industry right now though

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My mom keeps getting into Facebook arguments with my dumbass emotionally stunted cousin who thinks Donnie is a good president because he's a master troll. He's nearing 40 and won't shut up about how the "my button is bigger and actually works" comment was a funny and smart thing to say. Now he's moved on to how "CHINESE VIRUS" is a brilliant thing to keep pushing. She won't just block him or not engage with. I'd have burned my bridges with him and his parents years ago if I saw them more than a couple times a year.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Uh I'm a (((globalist "word that cannot be typed out but begins with a c and ends with the last three letters of a waterfowl that goes quack"))) please get your terminology right

I believe the bird you're referring to is a Mallard, you card.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

piL posted:

I believe the bird you're referring to is a Mallard, you card.

:discourse:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1232375865054547968?s=19

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Cool, let the real body count begin then

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Doesn't the NEC have anything to do with medicine? No? Then gently caress off.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

BurningChrome posted:

Cool, let the real body count begin then

That's a month old or, in current terms, 25 years

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

That pretty close to aged well.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah, incredible Baghdad Bob energy.

Also, this happened
https://twitter.com/awinston/status/1242945302291718150?s=19

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Good. Anyone who comes out and says "its okay if 1-8 million people need to die because NUMBER HAS TO GO UP AND THE ECONOMY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD," seriously needs to die.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Yeah, incredible Baghdad Bob energy.

Also, this happened
https://twitter.com/awinston/status/1242945302291718150?s=19

Wtf? Why?

I mean, obviously you can ask the same questions for any domestic terror plot, still, tho

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

US Berder Patrol posted:

Wtf? Why?

I mean, obviously you can ask the same questions for any domestic terror plot, still, tho

I'm guessing we'll find something that indicates he was going to "expose" some "crisis actors" to prove it was a hoax.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bored As gently caress posted:

Good. Anyone who comes out and says "its okay if 1-8 million people need to die because NUMBER HAS TO GO UP AND THE ECONOMY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD," seriously needs to die.

Someone who claims to work for the UN in another thread said that the UN has had no COVID-19 deaths among its staff or in subsidiary organizations yet so this may be a bogus tweet.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

They were monitoring him months before the coronavirus thing started, so just your average right wing terrorist who found his trigger event.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Midjack posted:

Someone who claims to work for the UN in another thread said that the UN has had no COVID-19 deaths among its staff or in subsidiary organizations yet so this may be a bogus tweet.
Aww man. Oh well, hopefully Texas' Lt Gov will get corona and die then. He's the gently caress who started saying that on Fox.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Midjack posted:

Yeah hi that’s me. FWIW, this is the guy who died

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/634294-maj-gen-s-son-dies-of-covid-19-in-us

According to some people I know at that agency, he was a 26 year old IT contractor and had no role whatsoever in crafting or executing policy, and again, he didn’t die from COVID.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

A Bad Poster posted:

They were monitoring him months before the coronavirus thing started, so just your average right wing terrorist who found his trigger event.

At least they actually did something about this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah hi that’s me. FWIW, this is the guy who died

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/634294-maj-gen-s-son-dies-of-covid-19-in-us

According to some people I know at that agency, he was a 26 year old IT contractor and had no role whatsoever in crafting or executing policy, and again, he didn’t die from COVID.

poo poo, sorry, you were in this thread! For some reason I thought it was somewhere else. :doh: