Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Interesting bit on the store page for Clubhouse Games:

"* Free supplementary software will be available that allows players to connect in local multiplayer with someone who owns the full version of the game. Full version of the game and systems sold separately."

This rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wonder if Ring Fit will ever be in stock again

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Good to hear about xcom2 coming. With the new ones I only ever played the first one on a phone port which I enjoyed well enough. When I got the switch recently I was a bit disappointed to not see any of the titles on there.

Now they could really make my day by announcing terror from the deep

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Policenaut posted:

This super special version of Xenoblade looks awesome too.

The US one is different. Dunno why they keep insisting on different CEs for the different regions.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Infinitum posted:

Don't buy games you won't play in the middle of a pandemic.

I was actually going to buy it after the pandemic once I've finished the Mana games, tms, and gotten bored with Hyrule warriors and animal crossing. But sure I'm going to buy more games to not play while my fiancee is out of work for a month

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Dip Viscous posted:

Interesting bit on the store page for Clubhouse Games:

"* Free supplementary software will be available that allows players to connect in local multiplayer with someone who owns the full version of the game. Full version of the game and systems sold separately."

This rules.
That was always one of my favorite features of the DS. Glad to see it's still being continued out there somewhere.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

LRG also announced physical editions of Panzer Dragoon Remake beginning tomorrow and last four weeks.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Detective No. 27 posted:

LRG also announced physical editions of Panzer Dragoon Remake beginning tomorrow and last four weeks.

Dang that's a nice Saturn longbox.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo: Borderlands and Bioshock are nice but can we get anything else?

2k: XCOM GIVE IT TO YA XCOM GIVE IT TO YA WHEN YOU ON YA OWN, XCOM DELIVER TO YA

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Chill Penguin posted:

Does Jedi Academy have online MP?

Yes, they said online multiplayer up to 16 players.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bravely Default 2?

but...bravely second

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
it cannot be overstated how excited i am about bravely default 2 y'all :dogcited:

demo even lets you change voice acting which owns

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Bravely Default 2?

but...bravely second

The only explanation I can think of is that "Bravely Default" is like "Final Fantasy" in that each numbered game with that title will have a different world, different story, etc. Meanwhile, Bravely Second was like one of the "-2" Final Fantasy games, like FFX-2. Bravely Second is like "Bravely Default 1-2" and then Bravely Default 2 is totally new.

It's... confusing, I guess.

Extremely :stoked: for it anyway though!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Xenoblade is bad. Quit buying xenoblade ffs

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

e: I only played the first XC tbf but gently caress that game and the hype surrounding it

stev fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 26, 2020

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

you'll never stop me, dad

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Bravely Default 2?

but...bravely second
Bravely Second was the sequel to Bravely Default, whereas Bravely Default 2 is the new entry in the Bravely Default series

who else smells burnt toast

it doesn't matter what they name it, inject it straight into my veins. Between this, Xenoblade Remaster, and Trials of Mana I have enough JRPG to last me from 2020 until my death

which if things continue as they are will be somewhere mid-2021 so I better get started

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Gonna laugh when the meta twist to BD2 is centered around the fact that it's specifically called Bravely Default II

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

go ahead. keep screaming "Shut The gently caress Up " at me. it only makes my purchasing decision Worse

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

gently caress you, the original is the best

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I can't see anything about Episode 1 Racer but I am loving hyped for Episode 1 racer. My loving childhood!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bravely Default to what!?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Surprise Panzer Dragoon is an awesome announcement. Got that lickety split.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm excited to see all the new job costumes in BD2. It's cool that they're taking the opportunity to put new visual spins on classic FF jobs. That fuzzy White Mage hat in the trailer is very :3:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hoping the bravely default survey lets us vote on which game-ruining story gimmick they'll go with this time

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Brother Entropy posted:

hoping the bravely default survey lets us vote on which game-ruining story gimmick they'll go with this time

You have to play a bejeweled clone between boss battles for the last 12 hours

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I actually kinda liked the second half of Bravely Default but that probably makes me some sort of broke-brained mutant. I turned off random battles except when I wanted to grind job levels and basically treated it like a big boss rush. The teamed-up asterisk battles towards the end were really fun on Hard mode.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

You have to play a bejeweled clone between boss battles for the last 12 hours

still a step up from bravely default's back half of the game

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I hope the game-ruining gimmick is not all of combat like in Octopath.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

SelenicMartian posted:

I hope the game-ruining gimmick is not all of the game like in Octopath.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bust Rodd posted:

Is Clubhouse games the kind of thing I can play with my mom like sitting side by side on the couch or does it need Internet?
They showed people playing Checkers with one Switch, so I guess it'll be one of those things with single system multiplayer enabled for some games but not others.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I can't see anything about Episode 1 Racer but I am loving hyped for Episode 1 racer. My loving childhood!
It was kinda tossed off after the Jedi Knight 3 announcement as a coming soon thing but even so, also only shown as Star Wars Racer (with the voiceover calling it Episode One Racer because we all know). The PC version still looks pretty great cranked up to max so even if it's just that I'll be very happy.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I'm excited to play panzer dragoon but dropping it suddenly like this might mean they didnt think it's that good... I'll wait for reviews...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

I hope the game-ruining gimmick is not all of combat like in Octopath.

Have you played bravely default?

I beat the endgame dragon bosses by basically setting up a ninja dragoon that would evade it's attacks, jump up, they all come crashing down at the same time, and just nuke the boss by a thousand cuts.

Best thing, is the auto battle would remember what commands you gave it like a macro, so I set it up, took a shower, and came back and the superboss was dead. Very cool.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
God I hope they ditch the damage limit finally. It absolutely crippled some classes for no real reason while others were basically untouched

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Maybe the thing I'm most excited for is Bravely Default 2 having REVO back to do the music because the music in Bravely Second was really disappointing after the first one.

Bravely Default's soundtrack owns incredibly hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk-9ihcy2R8

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm excited to play panzer dragoon but dropping it suddenly like this might mean they didnt think it's that good... I'll wait for reviews...

It's more likely it's done and they know they have a captive audience all looking for stuff to play, as evidenced by the European eShop being slow as hell right now.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Harrow posted:

Maybe the thing I'm most excited for is Bravely Default 2 having REVO back to do the music because the music in Bravely Second was really disappointing after the first one.

Bravely Default's soundtrack owns incredibly hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk-9ihcy2R8

God yeah, losing REVO was such a big downgrade for Second. That dungeon theme where it's basically just 2 notes repeated over and over is awful.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I put up a thread for BD2 demo talk, excited :toot:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918318

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Have you played bravely default?

I beat the endgame dragon bosses by basically setting up a ninja dragoon that would evade it's attacks, jump up, they all come crashing down at the same time, and just nuke the boss by a thousand cuts.

Best thing, is the auto battle would remember what commands you gave it like a macro, so I set it up, took a shower, and came back and the superboss was dead. Very cool.

i agree that the best part of bravely default is not playing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Episode 1 racer is great but I also demand rogue squadron