Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Sylink posted:

Lmao at the eggs and milk guy. While I'm sure thats possible in two places, how is someone in the concrete jungle supposed to trade for food in miles and miles of desolate not-farmland?

And modern society depends on not being self sufficient for division of labor and poo poo, like not everyone can have the entire industrial supply chain in miniature in their house lmao.

I make insulin and my neighbor makes ventilators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
when society collapses im going to run a bucket shop out of my garage where people can bet dried corn, flour, lightbulbs, etc. on futures such as probability of rain, wind, etc.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

This is just a bid to keep all the homeless in one place as they die so they're not little islands of infection randomly out and about, isn't it?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

cumshitter posted:

when society collapses im going to run a bucket shop out of my garage where people can bet dried corn, flour, lightbulbs, etc. on futures such as probability of rain, wind, etc.

Going long on new ice age

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sylink posted:

Lmao at the eggs and milk guy. While I'm sure thats possible in two places, how is someone in the concrete jungle supposed to trade for food in miles and miles of desolate not-farmland?

And modern society depends on not being self sufficient for division of labor and poo poo, like not everyone can have the entire industrial supply chain in miniature in their house lmao.

just make colloidal silver in your living room from scratch

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Produce raw water for profit.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

If you don't buy barter for your colloidal silver from someone who looks like a Smurf there's no way to guarantee purity.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Brain Curry posted:

I make insulin and my neighbor makes ventilators.

I guess only peasants don't have clean rooms to manufacturer computer processors at home ???

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

pseudanonymous posted:

Are you, you know, sure?

When people lose their jobs they die. When GDP goes down, people die. They lose healthcare, they lose housing, etc..

Essentially, right now, the young and poor are being told to sacrifice in order to protect the rich and elderly.

People are often uncomfortable with the fact that we have to make choices about health and money. But the truth is we could save a lot of lives with various policies, and we choose not to implement them. People are uncomfortable, and hate, trolley problems. But we are still running trolleys, we just refuse to acknowledge we are ignoring the trolley problem.

Generally speaking, when we choose not to choose, we choose the poor to suffer.

I'm not advocating that we abandon the model of flattening the curve. What I am advocating for is we attempting some kind of rational analysis, and we actually consider the option of not flattening the curve, and judge the two from a harm reduction standpoint.

yo FYI this sucks extreme poo poo and I hope you’re sad and lonely every single day of your life

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Just want to point out that coronavirus patients won't be the only ones who suffer and die if we don't flatten the curve. People are still having accidents and overdosing and getting weird moles, and they won't be able to get the medical treatment they need if the hospitals are slammed with sick people.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Raptor1033 posted:

oh sweet jesus imagine those football stadium shelters in the age of covid

reminder that last year a judge had to order ICE to provide soap in its immigrant detention centers
also, prisons aren't known for cleanliness and alcohol-based cleaners are restricted

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Pththya-lyi posted:

Just want to point out that coronavirus patients won't be the only ones who suffer and die if we don't flatten the curve. People are still having accidents and overdosing and getting weird moles, and they won't be able to get the medical treatment they need if the hospitals are slammed with sick people.

if we do actually shut down the economy far fewer people will have car accidents

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shipon posted:

if we do actually shut down the economy far fewer people will have car accidents

you say that but even shutting it down I doubt America has the infrastructure to enforce it.

plus people will drive out of spite

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Shipon posted:

This is the case in Washington state. Traffic accidents were way down compared to last year even before the shelter in place order.

CharlestheHammer posted:

you say that but even shutting it down I doubt America has the infrastructure to enforce it.

Maybe some places, but Seattle traffic is usually a nightmare but the streets and freeways are empty. It's actually pretty encouraging here, but Alabama is probably more like what you said.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

CharlestheHammer posted:

This species deserves extinction

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

If you don't buy barter for your colloidal silver from someone who looks like a Smurf there's no way to guarantee purity.

Big Papa the drug dealer?!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

This is the case in Washington state. Traffic accidents were way down compared to last year even before the shelter in place order.

Maybe some places, but Seattle traffic is usually a nightmare but the streets and freeways are empty. It's actually pretty encouraging here, but Alabama is probably more like what you said.

I like the rainbow trout av. Do you fly fish? My Dad is in Olympia and used to take me trout fishing.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

I like the rainbow trout av. Do you fly fish? My Dad is in Olympia and used to take me trout fishing.

Thanks! I fish poorly but enjoy it. There are a few relevant threads if you're interested. I don't want to derail the death cult thread with my incessant fishchat though.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Thanks! I fish poorly but enjoy it. There are a few relevant threads if you're interested. I don't want to derail the death cult thread with my incessant fishchat though.

Man fishing is way cooler than any of this, I'll check out those threads. Gotta be a perfect social distancing activity. Guessing the Westport charters aren't doing so hot right now, though. :smith:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

shirts and skins posted:

Man fishing is way cooler than any of this, I'll check out those threads. Gotta be a perfect social distancing activity. Guessing the Westport charters aren't doing so hot right now, though. :smith:

You're gonna cough on a trout and in sixteen months we'll all be dead of COFISH-69.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

jonsicoli posted:

Big government doesn't want you to know that COVID turns people into animal people with big baps. Wake up, sheeple!

if they’re already sheeple the gently caress they care about roni doing that

Byzantine posted:

Big Papa the drug dealer?!

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FLATTEN THE drat CURVE, CJ

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1243265481601093637

lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://www.facebook.com/landon.spradlin/posts/10158051823023688

welp

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Whats goin on here for people who don't wanna click a Facebook link

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Epic High Five posted:

Whats goin on here for people who don't wanna click a Facebook link

quote:

In my studies of John G. Lake this is true. He raised up over 600 churches, 1,000 ministers and over 1 million came to Christ during his 5 years in Africa!!

John G. Lake was a missionary to South Africa from 1908 to 1913. While there, a horrific bubonic plague broke out. John Lake was caring for the sick and burying the dead. Britain sent a ship of medical supplies and a corps of doctors to him. The doctors asked Lake how he had protected himself from the deadly plague. His answer was, “I believe ‘the law of the Spirit of life has set me free from the law of sin and death (Rom.8:2).’ As long as I walk in the light of that law [of the Spirit of life], no germ will attach itself to me.” In scriptural context, this verse speaks of Jesus’ work of salvation bringing the life of the Spirit of God to us and freeing us from “the law of sin” or, in other words, from everything evil that came into the world through sin, such as disease, poverty, addictions, spiritual death, and early physical death. The doctors were unconvinced, so Lake insisted they do a microscopic experiment on him. Lake showed them that if one of them took bubonic plague foam from the lungs of a dead person and put it under a microscope, the disease cells would still live. If they put the foam in Lake’s hand, and then looked at it under the microscope, they saw that all of the disease cell’s instantly died, proving what Lake said to be true.

e: posted by the guy from the tweet

wizzardstaff has issued a correction as of 22:47 on Mar 26, 2020

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

awww he made it to heaven early!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

BraveUlysses posted:

awww he made it to heaven early!
avoiding the rush

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Is heaven missing an angel? Cuz you got COVID-19 :smug:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Qcv3YV4aA

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

good

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

This thread is the Happy Thread's bad boy brother who has tattoos and a motorcycle. But at the end of the day you never forget that they're blood relatives.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

he thought it was liberal propaganda. i wish liberal propaganda was this effective

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Yeah, I'm not normally like this but it's increasingly hard to feel sympathy for almost all of these people.

It's past the point of just ignorance, which is forgivable and often understandable, but more and more a lot of these people are just loving MEAN, SPITEFUL and willfully ignorant. I try really hard not to wish ill will on anyone but I don't like mean, nasty aggressive people that actively seek me harm. Even more so when they come at me with that smug, self righteous religious bullshit that threatens punishment for me and many of my friends.

My ability to be the bigger person and constantly turn the other cheek is just about tapped out and exhausted, made more so because these are the motherfuckers waving that book in my face that's supposed to teach them exactly these qualities but instead preaches from the pulpit to vote for assholes like Donald Trump. And instead of learning anything from this, his followers are going to rationalize it as part of god's plan or, worse, invent some stupid conspiracy theory about why the virus singled him out and Soros is behind it somehow.

The world will be a better place if he takes out the worst among his congregation with him. I take no JOY in feeling this way, mind you, but I'm worn out being surrounded by mean spirited people who tell me I'm going to hell for being bisexual and that my son's mother will too for having an abortion once, pass laws surrounding it and openly put on harm's way many of the people I vote for in elections.

"Thoughts and prayers" I guess is what I'm trying to say.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

cumshitter posted:

he thought it was liberal propaganda. i wish liberal propaganda was this effective

I had half a second of feeling bad, that maybe he was just some harmless non-political guy who played lovely acoustic songs about jesus or something,
But naw lol, pure chud.

So to reiterate.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

:rip: pastor spradlin, you're giving coronavirus to the angels in heaven now

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
wonder what percentage of evangelical churches are saying these are the 'end times' for sure now (unlike all those other times).. or is that a little too on the nose for them

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Mercury_Storm posted:

wonder what percentage of evangelical churches are saying these are the 'end times' for sure now (unlike all those other times).. or is that a little too on the nose for them

But if end times, it make Donnie look bad! Therefore end times=/= false.

...is the basic thought process of these morons.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Samovar posted:

But if end times, it make Donnie look bad! Therefore end times=/= false.

...is the basic thought process of these morons.

Not necessarily, if this is the end times Donnie could be the risen lord.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

cumshitter posted:

Weather forecasts are already degraded because not as many planes are flying and providing pressure readings for the models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shipon posted:

This is true, but as dangerous as American roads are, they only killed 36,560 people in 2018.

Comparing that to CoVID is left as an exercise for the reader.