Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

God that thing made me so mad. I had to watch someone else gently caress up a sandwich, but in like a good way, in order to calm down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiGMleWwYX0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Had this through my door the other day:

Oh excellent I can save some money whilst I bury all my dead relatives, that’ll be nice

This is so boomers can plan and fund the funeral of their dreams and not leave it up to their children who might not know the deluxe casket fittings are completely essential.

If you think the wedding industry has a huge markup...

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oh, that Barbara. She turned into a total corpsezilla when it came to planning her funeral.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Beachcomber posted:

This is so boomers can plan and fund the funeral of their dreams and not leave it up to their children who might not know the deluxe casket fittings are completely essential.

If you think the wedding industry has a huge markup...

Or it's so that people can pay for their own funeral and not leave their children with a massive bill. Genuinely not seeing what the problem with this one is, unless you think you're not going to die.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

Or it's so that people can pay for their own funeral and not leave their children with a massive bill. Genuinely not seeing what the problem with this one is, unless you think you're not going to die.

I think the timing is hugely insensitive, and driven by the desire to capitalise on old people’s current corona virus fears. Seems disgustingly cynical.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

I think the timing is hugely insensitive, and driven by the desire to capitalise on old people’s current corona virus fears. Seems disgustingly cynical.

Ummm, something like this may have been printed out awhile back and unfortunately went out just about now.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Bussamove posted:

Oh, that Barbara. She turned into a total corpsezilla when it came to planning her funeral.

She insisted on having someone come get her.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
There is a series of businesses at least in the UK, don't know if they are in the US, called Co-op that used to just be a supermarket but expanded to other things, including funeral arrangements. On their ATM machines they have a screen that cycles through all of their offered services that now fall under their umbrella, but I wish they'd add maternity care. That way, they could legitimately say "Coop: Looking after you from Cradle to Grave!"

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I will say that I saw a Hyundai commercial on Tuesday or Wednesday that explicitly called out Covid-19-related financial burdens as part of their “Assurance Program” to keep payments going.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

"Discount ends 30th April" is what does it for me.

"Do this before you get sick and die. In 32 days time"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Boywhiz88 posted:

I will say that I saw a Hyundai commercial on Tuesday or Wednesday that explicitly called out Covid-19-related financial burdens as part of their “Assurance Program” to keep payments going.

Yeah there was a Cadillac commercial like that I half paid attention to the other day. I think it was touting the fact you could totally order direct online and it would be delivered by a local dealer to your house.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Chrysler's doing the same thing

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

God the world is not ready for Boomer levels of "keeping up with the joneses" funerals and headstones. You were expecting to inherit the house? Too bad it has to be sold to cover the 6 figure cost of the antique wood casket and authentic pink marble gravestone because that bitch Karen had a mother of pearl inlained coffin and imported quartz and she might've beat me in life but not in death.

Funerals are for the living to bask and cherish the attentions of people telling them how important their dead relative was.

All the memorials and tombstones are just for the living to visit and tell about how great that person is when despite all that within 100 years almost no one will ever visit the grave or have any clue who that person was. From an outside perspective its pretty ghoulish.

I don't have a will but if I did under "Burial" if would contain words "cheapest option possible including don't claim the body if needed"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

pentyne posted:

I don't have a will but if I did under "Burial" if would contain words "cheapest option possible including don't claim the body if needed"

same, just take me to the town dump and slip the guy a 20 to look the other way. I would say just use the apartment trash can but I don't think my landlord would approve.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

These businesses advertise all the time. My mother's got a month or two to pay on the plan she set up for her and my father, so their funeral costs don't land on my siblings or me. Maybe you disagree with the idea of paying for a funeral or something, but someone has to and plans like this mean the matter is dealt with at a time when people aren't recently bereaved.

Personally, I want to be fed to lions once I'm dead, but the local safari park didn't respond to my question on Facebook.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I want to be shot out of a cannon, all except my brain which I want preserved in a jar of formaldehyde with eyes still attached so people can admire how smooth my brain is

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
At my grandmother's funeral, my mom told me proudly how they'd found a BOGO deal on coffins for grandma & grandpa. I thought she was joking and laughed. She was not.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Cowslips Warren posted:

There are two regular funeral home ads I see often.

One is for the Surprise Funeral Home. (in the city of Surprise)

The other is the Rude Family Funeral Home.

I live in Buffalo, and we’ve got a family-owned chain called Amigone Funeral Homes.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Dying in america is very expensive.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

oldpainless posted:

Dying in america is very expensive.
Dying is free. It's the funeral that'll get ya

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

Funerals are for the living to bask and cherish the attentions of people telling them how important their dead relative was.

One of the hottest takes I've ever seen about funerals.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nitrox posted:

Dying is free. It's the funeral that'll get ya

And getting to the dying too.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ive seen this video and the series its from at least 4 times and still i am surprised at how bad it is

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The fun part is that nobody's going to be going to any of those funerals, at least who won't be having their own soon enough

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I have many conflicting feelings about my funeral. Do I want a weekend at Bernie’s style messaround, or have my coffin spring-loaded so I pop out of the coffin when the first person comes up, or maybe I just want my body used in some kind of prank and then discarded. The possibilities are really quite vast

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Flung via catapult into a gated community

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
If my plan goes well, there won't be enough of me left to bury AND THE ASSHOLES AT LITTLE CAESERS WILL LEARN WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PROVIDE A SUBPAR PIZZA TO A MAN WITH NOTHING TO LOSE

HONESTLY, HOW loving HARD IS IT TO CUT A GODDAMN PIZZA

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
On a completely unrelated note, can someone suggest a place where I can purchase Pop Rocks and Coke in bulk?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Welcome to Bird's Bakery. Our special is the classic PB&J: honey, figs and rich almond butter on a freshly baked and lightly grilled baguette. No we don't know what 'PB&J' stands for why do you ask

See also: the BLT, and the many toppings offered for it that aren't B, L, or T

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Screaming Idiot posted:

If my plan goes well, there won't be enough of me left to bury AND THE ASSHOLES AT LITTLE CAESERS WILL LEARN WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PROVIDE A SUBPAR PIZZA TO A MAN WITH NOTHING TO LOSE

HONESTLY, HOW loving HARD IS IT TO CUT A GODDAMN PIZZA

Little Caesars is fine. Just rip the slices apart like a real “man with nothing to lose” then eat them over the sink to complete the effect

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Iron Prince posted:

Little Caesars is fine. Just rip the slices apart like a real “man with nothing to lose” then eat them over the sink to complete the effect

That poo poo was bad my dude

Looked like a festering semicircular skin graft freshly yanked off a burn victim's back

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

christmas boots posted:

I have many conflicting feelings about my funeral. Do I want a weekend at Bernie’s style messaround, or have my coffin spring-loaded so I pop out of the coffin when the first person comes up, or maybe I just want my body used in some kind of prank and then discarded. The possibilities are really quite vast

Row me out to the middle of the bay, fill my pockets with rocks and tip me over the side

I don't want to be the cause of any waste of resources when I'm gone.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Memento posted:

Row me out to the middle of the bay, fill my pockets with rocks and tip me over the side

I don't want to be the cause of any waste of resources when I'm gone.

Rocks are resources

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always thought being buried with a ton of stone tools and crude gold jewelry would be awesome. Then there's a chance that thousands of years from now some scientist would mistake me for someone important!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
That reminds me of a great episode of Time Team where they found a bunch of items that were assorted Roman things but that didn't make sense together - they initially thought it was a massive find, then they found out that some idiot in 1870 or something got hold of the items, and buried them in his back garden as a prank on future archeologists. They weren't disappointed however, because while what they found wasn't a roman bathhouse or whatever, a 150 year old prank is still something that got them excited, because in a way history had included them in a long-running punchline.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So Time Team checked it and wrecked it?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Archæologists once uncovered a museum curated by a princess two and a half millennia ago.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

My end of life plan is that when my body and/or mind start to go I'm going to liquidate all my assets and use the money to fund one of those African safari trips, and then I'll "accidentally" wander away from the tour group. If getting eaten by a lion because you were too slow to keep up with the group was good enough for my distant ancestors, it'll be good enough for me, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
eeeedgy fucks in here who think it's hardcore banaynays to "remember your loved ones" in a ritual way, requiring time from My Are Own Life !! *camps out in a tent for 4 days to watch the first midnight showing of Bat Man: american Ninja*