Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
how can we not pick Zebba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
voting hind just to keep this a tied 3 way horse race

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Maybe Zebba can “cater” an “affair” for us.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Zebba

Laser designation could make or break a mission.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Zebba. Can't beat local knowledge!!!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zebba looks like he has studied the blade.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

mllaneza posted:

Zebba

Laser designation could make or break a mission.

I wanted to look this up.

Our drones are unarmed, of course.
The F-15s' primary A-G ordnance is SDBs which are GPS guided and as far as I can tell literally every A-G loadout includes a Litening anyway regardless of if the weapons use laser guidance. Of note, the A/A loadouts don't.
The Su-24s' A-G ordnance consists of ARMs, EO-guided missiles, and a handful of laser-guided weapons (the Kh-29L and KAB-500L, for example). However, the Su-24 has a designator built in to the aircraft itself.

I don't think this is actually a huge point of concern for us. Dude seems a fine option anyway, just not for this reason.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Two Men and a Hind

Nothing can dampen my love for rotary wing aircraft or drinking like a Serbian.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

I'm actually digging Hacker Inc, it seems like the option with the most, ah, unorthodox applications. Zebba's got local knowledge and a fine look to him (and similar teams like DT5 have done well by us in the past), but I want to go for the mystery box here. Advertising "Market Manipulation" seems like a hoot, and inventory assessment will be some decent recon against anyone with a support network from this century. Let's get something new, exciting, and unorthodox.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 23, 2021

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

One thing I really enjoyed early on was the ability for anyone to come up with some ridiculous organization, and then potentially run into it down the road. I'm working on a way to bring that back and try to organize this poo poo show in a better manner. Right now you have to dig through 437 pages of posts, which is cool if you're in quarantine (like that'd ever happen outside the Yooperverse....). So get your pencils sharpened while I work this poo poo out. Hopefully after the next mission we can start encountering some fan favorites like the Seattle Supersonics or the Sultans Own.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mercenary hellworld just seems like a more cheerful hellworld.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I will fight anyone who argues that the Mi-24 is not the pinnacle of helicopter design, vote for it always

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If it's the best why doesn't anyone else make assault hellicopters?

Wait, crap, there's an assault helicopter gap in America!

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

RandomPauI posted:

If it's the best why doesn't anyone else make assault hellicopters?

Wait, crap, there's an assault helicopter gap in America!

Why get paid for making a gunship that is also a blisteringly fast, heavily-armoured troop transport if you can get paid for making a troop transport, then extra to convert it into an unarmoured gunship with less ordnance, then extra to make it still not as fast as the Stakan, and then again for an actual gunship?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

power crystals posted:

Hackers Inc sounds the most outside-the-box.

In a lowest bidder world of sheer 'throw money at the problem go go go fast' oil rush of the theatre, a team of keyboard cowboys seems like a lovely play.

Hackers Inc

We're in it for the lols and so are they.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Yooper posted:

I'm working on a way to bring that back and try to organize this poo poo show in a better manner.

Zimwiki ( https://zim-wiki.org/ ) is a personal favorite. tabbed notepad with autosave, ability to link posts to one another, and a tree format so you can nest related files/docs/ episodes within a chaptereasily.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
Hackers Inc.

Memes win wars.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Hackers Inc.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
Hacker Inc includes good posting, and the world needs good posting.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Hack the Gibson!

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
I'm more enthused about a drunk-ops squad with a helicopter rather than a bunch of meme-spouting TikTokkers.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Radio Free Kobold posted:

I'm actually digging Hacker Inc, it seems like the option with the most, ah, unorthodox applications. Zebba's got local knowledge and a fine look to him (and similar teams like DT5 have done well by us in the past), but I want to go for the mystery box here. Advertising "Market Manipulation" seems like a hoot, and inventory assessment will be some decent recon against anyone with a support network from this century. Let's get something new, exciting, and unorthodox.

Agree! Hackzorz it is!

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
would love a recon asset, and between the two of them gotta go with the guy with a sword Zebba

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Zebba!

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Considering hiring locals with a wacky flair is kind of our brand for these ops, how can I say no to Zebba

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Two Serbs, a Hind, and a Nigerian Prince seems like an amazing sitcom.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

I have to admit that the other two options are probably more *scoff* practical, but in my heart there's no way I can deny Zebba.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Two Men and a Hind sounds like fun, and then we can run a rescue mission when they inevitably get shot down!

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

slothrop posted:

Two Men and a Hind sounds like fun, and then we can run a rescue mission when they inevitably get shot down!

Yeah Two Men and a Hind wins for me too, they were all good options but youtube algorithms threw the airwolf theme at me just now and it swung my vote

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
We should support local businesses whenever we can, therefore we should hire Zebba.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
I’ve gotta go with the Hackerman. We already have a source of local knowledge with the tour guides serving as recon, and to hell with whirlybirbs.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Zebba

This is all about the story. We need our man on the ground.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Zebba is now under our employ. I'll leave it to you guys to divvy up his bar tab. He is actually a bit more interesting than we originally thought. Not only is he an African polyglot (English, French, Arabic, Songhai, Tamasheq, and a touch of Portugese) but also runs an import-export business through the Sahara. Or at least he once did, the immense influx of resources lately have rendered his business null and void. Amazon.ne anyone?

Mission profiles will be in shortly.

Voting was close, 12 votes for Zebba, 9 for Hackers Inc, and 6 for 2 Men and a HIND.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The most important thing is that we find some way to work magic and kid's birthday parties into one of our missions.

Preferably with the laser.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Squadron Ops has been working with the client. These are three priorities.

Each offers specific benefits. Sokoto removes a contender close to the capital. Kano Krunch saps the profits of the nearest warlord and degrades the defensive network. Finally Goudomaria is a defense op to prevent incursions while potentially knocking out some assets. We can base out of Niamey for the best airfield, but any strip you can find on the map in Niger is open to us.

Pick One!

The others will be available later.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

You just dangle "Blow up the Warlord's palace" in front of us and expect us to choose any other option? Kano Crunch!

e: Zinder Airport (and the Sultan's Palace) is about 250km north of Kano; if we hit Kano we're probably going to want to base out of there as opposed to Niamey. Concrete airstrip, three hangars and a parking lot for planes, not great but servicable. There's a secondary airstrip nearby at Maradi, similar facilities.

Radio Free Kobold fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 28, 2020

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
My main concern for all ops is engaging the CAP.

Gripens with 15nm IRIS-Ts are going to be tough to handle. Frankly, I don't think our assets are good at this mission as it's a lot of A2A with no real air defense assets on our end.
Foxbats are going to be loving weird. If we can exploit the unreliability of their long-range missiles and the short range of the Buk radar nevermind its huge range, we can trounce them in close-range combat.
F-16s also potentially tough but more equal. Dice rolls basically.

For Goudomaria, Aérodrome de Gouré has a small strip but some assets will still need to come from Zinder.
For Kano Crunch, Zinder Airport or Maradi Airport are about the same distance as the crow flies form the objectives, and are similar in capability.
For Sokoto Slammer, Tahoua or Maradi are closest.

I will go check these areas to see if they're close to where we can deploy our rear end-kicker radar...

e: Tahoua is just off-map to the N.

See the above map, I've outlined the airfields and placed a beacon where the opfor is located approximately. We might have the best luck operating in our own radar umbrella with Sokoto Slammer. Kano Crunch is right at the edge of our radar range but still viable. Goudomaria is of course a defensive op and should be workable no matter what.

Personally I'm voting for Kano Crunch but acknowledge that logistically it's a more difficult mission than Sokoto Slammer.

e2: SCEN file for CMO

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 28, 2020

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Sokoto Slammer. We're not going up against Gripens, would be like shooting your own children. The Slammer lets us lay down the law right from the get-go, it's like challenging the biggest guy in jail to a fight on your first day. We're the #1 air merc group and they better respect that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Sokoto Slammer --let's establish dominance.