Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
World War Z free on Epic is a really nice surprise. I was tempted on release but had too much other stuff to play for it to be worth it, but for free, hell yeah I'll give it a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, since Ubisofts titles are being discussed, what was the general consensus regarding For Honour?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, since Ubisofts titles are being discussed, what was the general consensus regarding For Honour?

For Honor is a pretty unique and somewhat technical fighting game in 1v1 and a total clusterfuck in team 4v4, which is what most people still play. It's predominantly PvP-based and the single-player campaign isn't anything to write home about, but you can still just set up matches against the AI and advance your character that way.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

For Honor is a pretty unique and somewhat technical fighting game in 1v1 and a total clusterfuck in team 4v4, which is what most people still play. It's predominantly PvP-based and the single-player campaign isn't anything to write home about, but you can still just set up matches against the AI and advance your character that way.
Yeah, I was watching JadeStar playing this on stream and it did pique my interest. I´m just debating whether I should try the standard edition or go with the version that has all the DLC/seasons included.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
God, yeah. For Honor was sort of fun and had some interesting mechanics going on but the main game mode was basically whoever could make a fight 2v1 first won, then proceeded to sit their team on the objective for the rest of the match.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

World war Z is pretty good! The worst part is honestly the skill tree cause a number of them are semi useless and/or have a really low proc rate. Like for my current class I've got one that has a small %chance to get a free reuse out of a defense kit. So like, its worthless most of the time but sometimes you get lucky and 1 sentry gun turns into 2 or 3 and its an absolutely huge swing. I'd say it's only truly a issue on the super hard difficulties though

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Is there a specific reason I would want to get Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition for $20 instead of just the normal version for $13? Is it just "more game" or does it add something to the original game in terms of gameplay?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Does the normal version include The Following?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Hwurmp posted:

Does the normal version include The Following?

I don't think so? https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dying-light

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'd say The Following is worth an extra seven bucks if you enjoy the base game.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Yeah the Following is probably worth $7. It's called the "enhanced edition" because it includes some of the other dlc and the base game. If you just want the Following dlc you can get it here: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dying-light-the-following

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 27, 2020

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

When The Following was released Techland had to make a chart so people knew what they should buy.

OzFactor posted:

Is there a specific reason I would want to get Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition for $20 instead of just the normal version for $13? Is it just "more game" or does it add something to the original game in terms of gameplay?

It might be a regional thing but I show these at the same price.

Anyways The Following is an expansion, it shifts from the city to a huge open plain/canyon/coast region with a small town, some scattered villages, infrastructure like isolated power stations and construction sites, caves, and Now You Have a Car. How much you enjoy it will depend entirely on how much you think the free running carried the original and how much you enjoy the car. If you really, really liked the free running around a city then you may not like it because that's mostly gone.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
What's the name of that recent game that people have been describing as "Mount&Blade, but with guerillas" again? I've been stuck inside for a while now and I'm kinda sick of everything else I've currently got at hand.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is it Kenshi?

edit I may be thinking of another M&B-ish game that got talked about a bunch here

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Kibayasu posted:

Anyways The Following is an expansion, it shifts from the city to a huge open plain/canyon/coast region with a small town, some scattered villages, infrastructure like isolated power stations and construction sites, caves, and Now You Have a Car. How much you enjoy it will depend entirely on how much you think the free running carried the original and how much you enjoy the car. If you really, really liked the free running around a city then you may not like it because that's mostly gone.

I might also be including whatever my Humble store discount is. I went ahead and bought the full thing, thanks friends. Is there a thread for the game? Nothing's coming up in a search, but, you know, SA search.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Cardiovorax posted:

What's the name of that recent game that people have been describing as "Mount&Blade, but with guerillas" again? I've been stuck inside for a while now and I'm kinda sick of everything else I've currently got at hand.

You're thinking of Freeman: Guerilla Warfare.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
That is exactly what I was thinking of, thanks.

SirSamVimes posted:

Is it Kenshi?
No, that's Mount&Blade with Gorillos.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

There is also Unconventional Warfare which is more of a Valkyria Chronicles take on the same concept.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/831110/Unconventional_Warfare/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1611326065/unconventional-warfare-a-waifu-real-time-strategy-war-game

https://i.imgur.com/b0IQDvI.mp4

C.M. Kruger fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 27, 2020

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Cardiovorax posted:

Very disappointed you weren't asking about a game involving apes with swords.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Well this is on my wishlist now.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That has to be the first game I've seen in literally years where the vision range is so short that I can actually see background objects disappear into a fog.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Daemon X Machina has a fantastic OST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1FiOjLC0eE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HHP8cq-RGk

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

One Step From Eden makes my head (and weirdly, eyes) hurt. It's basically a more twitchy version of Slay the Spire. I'm not sure if the deckbuilding aspect actually adds much to it, but I also only have the one already unlocked character.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

The Silver Snail posted:

Planet of the Apes.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

The Silver Snail posted:

Yeah Sekiro's pretty good.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

They couldn't even make the characters adults? Good grief. Just read that bio and the rest shown are all 14/15 too bar one 18 year old adult. Did they slip her in to satisfy the sick mature audience? Who'da guessed it? A 15 year old goes nuts from working in a mine and then being used as a soldier.

Playful wacky games sure, go on but keep the kids out of it, even made up ones.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

StrixNebulosa posted:

From five hours of play with the new "immersion" mode activated: Ghost Recon Breakpoint is basically Wildlands with a new setting, a stupid jungle base hub you have to visit occasionally for main plot stuff, and more drone enemies. (ever been hunted by a car? I have! It's really spooky!)

The main plot trades in racism for a kind of ho-hum investigation plot. You get stuck on this island full of hostile soldiers and drones, and have to help out the local homesteaders keep their independence from these guys while finding out who the traitor is and why.

The main gameplay is driving/flying/boating around the giant jungle-themed map finding bases with stuff in them (and it tells you what unique stuff is in any given location), extracting it, and killing men. Or sneaking past them. Missions vary it up a bit, of course, and there's also the usual ubisoft giant list of things to collect (hats! bits of in-game lore! currency so you can buy more hats!)

Anyways I got it for 17$ and it's absolutely baller. My favorite thing about the "immersion" difficulty is that instead of giving you glowing waypoints to objectives you get directions. Like - I just had to find someone standing at a gravesite so the mission told me "It's in this province, in the south-west area, along this beach" and I had to go hunting for it the hard way. Or I had to find a muzzle attachment "in y province's south, south of the forest, in checkpoint tiger bravo"

It's a little thing but it's so much fun.

The new Splinter Cell missions in Breakpoint is super neat - you get to team up with Sam Fisher and you get the classic triple green eye headset??? And the Echelon class looks sweet too.

Have to say I had negative expectations for the game given all the reviews, but I'm really digging it. Definitely worth trying for the free weekend.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Ratzap posted:

They couldn't even make the characters adults? Good grief. Just read that bio and the rest shown are all 14/15 too bar one 18 year old adult. Did they slip her in to satisfy the sick mature audience? Who'da guessed it? A 15 year old goes nuts from working in a mine and then being used as a soldier.

Playful wacky games sure, go on but keep the kids out of it, even made up ones.

it's pretty much a cliche by now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGxCMyLm6js

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Breakdown is definitely not good, I feel as if I am smearing tapioca and mayonnaise on white bread while listening to NPR while playing it. HOWEVER. I began talking to a fisherman npc, and after 15 minutes of glass eyed rambling about an old fish that turned out to mean "Fetch 10 metal scraps" I shot him in the loving face and he died. So it's at least 7/10

(he came back on a re-load so 6/10)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Does anybody out there want the RE2 item unlocks from the Capcom Humble Bundle? I already have the game on Xbone and I don't plan on double dipping. Up for grabs for anyone who wants it, but I'd rather it get taken by someone who wants it than a lurker so quote my post if it calls to you.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

DrNutt posted:

Does anybody out there want the RE2 item unlocks from the Capcom Humble Bundle? I already have the game on Xbone and I don't plan on double dipping. Up for grabs for anyone who wants it, but I'd rather it get taken by someone who wants it than a lurker so quote my post if it calls to you.

I love RE2 but am very unlikely to get good enough to do S+ runs, so if you still have it I'd love to do a run through with the secret weapons on.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Party Boat posted:

I love RE2 but am very unlikely to get good enough to do S+ runs, so if you still have it I'd love to do a run through with the secret weapons on.

Sent! Enjoy.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Anyone tried Bright Memory? Thoughts on that? The price looks right, but it seems almost too low.

anilEhilated posted:

Didn't she do some writing for the Divinity series?

I believe she did a novella called "Child of Chaos" which tied into Beyond Divinity, but that was the least fun actual game in the series.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Anyone tried Bright Memory? Thoughts on that? The price looks right, but it seems almost too low.

Isn’t it still just Chapter One and not a full game yet?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

You can be done with your BM in under an hour.
But there are NG+ cycles.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

The Chad Jihad posted:

Breakdown is definitely not good, I feel as if I am smearing tapioca and mayonnaise on white bread while listening to NPR while playing it. HOWEVER. I began talking to a fisherman npc, and after 15 minutes of glass eyed rambling about an old fish that turned out to mean "Fetch 10 metal scraps" I shot him in the loving face and he died. So it's at least 7/10

What's this about?

Orv
May 4, 2011
I assume Breakpoint.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Chad Jihad posted:

Does it randomly generates how he looks, because he made several references to his age and he looked like this:

...which was weirder than asking for something to do with fishing on an island that basically is a warzone.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I dunno as someone who just turned 37 I'm fairly convinced I'm gonna turn to dust any minute here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Not sure how many people here use steamgriddb to fill in gaps in their library art, but it sounds like the site is in trouble: