Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Aldi has an organic food section, which makes Aldiba Bioladen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Apparently the German embassy in the US has just recommended that all German citizens run the gently caress away and back home. poo poo seems to be utterly hosed on the other side of the Atlantik

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
This whole thing is gonna delay the balconies my Wohnungsbaugenossenschaft wants to install for free and without rent increase for another year isn't it? Almost feels like being back in the DDR.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Mithaldu posted:

This whole thing is gonna delay the balconies my Wohnungsbaugenossenschaft wants to install for free and without rent increase for another year isn't it? Almost feels like being back in the DDR.

You’re invited to chill on one of my balconies, just bring a couple of masks

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Libluini posted:

Apparently the German embassy in the US has just recommended that all German citizens run the gently caress away and back home. poo poo seems to be utterly hosed on the other side of the Atlantik

That owns, do you have a link I can show to people?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Vanadium posted:

That owns, do you have a link I can show to people?

The source seems to be a Tweet from this guy:

https://twitter.com/Yascha_Mounk/status/1243338196374740994

Apparently an associated professor for SAIS Hopkins and a contributing editor for The Atlantic, so it's not some random guy, though I couldn't separately find this message through Google.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
rip Till Rammstein

https://www.tz.de/stars/till-lindemann-rammstein-corona-intensivstation-klinik-zr-13630456.html

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Libluini posted:

Well, the US is on course to get that coveted million infections within the next two weeks.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Oh god there are too many options

Going with

DU

DU HAST

DU HAST CORONA

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Libluini posted:

The source seems to be a Tweet from this guy:

https://twitter.com/Yascha_Mounk/status/1243338196374740994

Apparently an associated professor for SAIS Hopkins and a contributing editor for The Atlantic, so it's not some random guy, though I couldn't separately find this message through Google.

Lol aber so einen Aufruf hats fuer Oesterreich schon vor 2 Wochen gegeben, und zwar pauschal fuer alle Touristen.
I live in the US, rip me

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Wengy posted:

You’re invited to chill on one of my balconies, just bring a couple of masks

cooperation! now i feel even more east :3:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/RugeBoris/status/1243445606548455424

https://www.bundesaerztekammer.de/presse/pressemitteilungen/news-detail/reinhardt-raet-zum-tragen-von-einfachen-schutzmasken/

I appreciate the support the Bundesärztekammer provides my humble business.

quote:

Reinhardt rät zum Tragen von einfachen Schutzmasken

Berlin - Bundesärztekammer-Präsident Dr. Klaus Reinhardt hat an die Bürgerinnen und Bürger appelliert, einfache Schutzmasken zu tragen. „Das Tragen auch von einfachen Masken kann bei der Eindämmung des Corona-Virus sinnvoll sein“, sagte Reinhardt der Neuen Osnabrücker Zeitung. Die einfachen Masken aus Stoff oder anderen Materialien seien nur ein Hilfskonstrukt, aber dennoch besser als Nichts. „Mein Rat: Besorgen Sie sich einfache Schutzmasken oder basteln Sie sich selber welche und tragen Sie diese im öffentlichen Raum. Diese Masken garantieren keinen Schutz vor Ansteckung. Aber sie können ein wenig helfen, das Risiko zu verringern, andere anzustecken oder selbst angesteckt zu werden.“

Zugleich mahnte der Bundesärztekammer-Präsident die Bürgerinnen und Bürger, nur einfache Masken zu verwenden. „Bestellen Sie sich keine professionellen Schutzmasken im Internet oder kaufen solche. Wenn Sie nicht im Gesundheitswesen tätig sind oder entsprechende Vorerkrankungen haben, dann brauchen Sie keine FFP2- oder FFP3-Masken.“ Diese professionellen Schutzmasken sollten Erkrankte tragen, wenn sie Umgang mit anderen Menschen haben. „Vor allem aber Ärzte und Pfleger, die sich um Erkrankte kümmern, brauchen diese Masken, um nicht selbst zu erkranken und zu Überträgern zu werden.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

If you don't stop posting about this, I swear to god I might change my mind and start wearing masks as well, which would give you the win you deserve and I'm not sure if I'm ready for this. :colbert:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Goons Are Great posted:

If you don't stop posting about this, I swear to god I might change my mind and start wearing masks as well, which would give you the win you deserve and I'm not sure if I'm ready for this. :colbert:

https://www.mdr.de/nachrichten/podcast/kekule-corona/mundschutz-sollte-standard-werden100.html

quote:

Virologe Alexander Kekule: „Neuere Daten aus Hongkong zeigen, dass das reine Tragen dieser Masken doch einen erheblichen Effekt hat, um die Krankheit unter Kontrolle zu bringen“, sagte er am Mittwoch bei MDR Aktuell. Einfache Mundschutze für alle seien vor allem in zwei bis drei Wochen sinnvoll, wenn das normale Leben langsam wieder hochgefahren werde. Dann gehe es darum, „primär die Risikogruppen zu schützen, also Alte und Menschen mit Vorerkrankungen“

https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/1243167825138798594

We're looking at a "it's like HIV, but you get it by breathing" scenario.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Reformhaus und Weltladen gibts überall und die sind sogar älter als oliwan.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

oh yeah, fun fact, talked to my ma about how service on the IC trains is like. the trains are maybe 10% full and people keep distance (and steal the sterilizer stuff from the board bistro). but, train staff only get the thin paper masks, with no instructions to wear them, and passengers get gently caress all.

only upside is: tickets are now checked by sight and in fact train personnel can elect to stay in the staff cabin as long as people can go and find them.

both my parents are quite old and if something happens to them i will be having a lot of anger at the db administration.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

bin früher auf dem weg von der Schule ab und an ins Reformhaus allein weils da so gut riecht. Ich bin überzeugt das alle Reformhäuser diesen Reformhausgeruch haben.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Mithaldu posted:

oh yeah, fun fact, talked to my ma about how service on the IC trains is like. the trains are maybe 10% full and people keep distance (and steal the sterilizer stuff from the board bistro). but, train staff only get the thin paper masks, with no instructions to wear them, and passengers get gently caress all.

only upside is: tickets are now checked by sight and in fact train personnel can elect to stay in the staff cabin as long as people can go and find them.

both my parents are quite old and if something happens to them i will be having a lot of anger at the db administration.

There's something here about your late parents working for the Deutsche Bahn but drat if I can put my finger on it (and it's tasteless in any case)

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Sereri posted:

There's something here about your late parents working for the Deutsche Bahn but drat if I can put my finger on it (and it's tasteless in any case)

:haw: i don't mind black humour. they're way beyond it tho.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Send me some masks from your giant stash, Mithaldu.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

drat, the Bonzennudeln from Buitoni are really gut. I would have never tried them without the looming threat of starvation. Thanks, Corona. Feasting like the top 1% on my Edelnudels today

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
If you are spending more than the minimum on pasta, try out De Cecco. That's probably the best-tasting brand that's available in every Bonzenedeka for about 1.5€/lbs. Much better than Barilla and you don't support Nestle as with Buitoni.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
My bulk mail order if chocolate got delayed a week and I am out of junk food as well. Can I risk going to the store even though I still have enough beans, rice and lentils to stay indoors for another week? :ohdear:

(Also, all goons should wear masks. Preferably ones that cover their entire faces.)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Eezee posted:

If you are spending more than the minimum on pasta, try out De Cecco. That's probably the best-tasting brand that's available in every Bonzenedeka for about 1.5€/lbs. Much better than Barilla and you don't support Nestle as with Buitoni.

Is Buitoni really Nestle? Wikipedia says

quote:

Das Unternehmen wurde 1988 vom Schweizer Konzern Nestlé übernommen. 2008 wurde die Nudel-Sparte an die 2004 gegründete italienische Newlat-Gruppe verkauft. Ungeachtet dessen begann Nestlé später selbst Nudelerzeugnisse unter der Marke Buitoni zu produzieren und zu verkaufen.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

My bulk mail order if chocolate got delayed a week and I am out of junk food as well. Can I risk going to the store even though I still have enough beans, rice and lentils to stay indoors for another week? :ohdear:

(Also, all goons should wear masks. Preferably ones that cover their entire faces.)

I have a hockey mask, Hackebeil and the right body type to look like Jason Vorhees. If someone is prepared to pay my bail I'm willing to wear the complete set

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I had to buy Seitenbacher Müsli instead of my normal Müsli from a small local shop because they were closed.

It's actually kind of good :negative:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Goons Are Great posted:

It's all good friend, just let it happen. :)

My employer supplied a shitton of Schlauchschals with hilarious motifs and color patterns a week and a half ago. They're by far not as effective as surgical masks, but they should be somewhere on the upper half of the spectrum, and every bit helps for the folks that actually have to still come into work occasionally for Erprobungsfahrten and poo poo. They also lighten the gloomy mood a little bit because everyone looks like they're cosplaying PUBG

Antigravitas posted:

I had to buy Seitenbacher Müsli instead of my normal Müsli from a small local shop because they were closed.

It's actually kind of good :negative:

Oh wow, you seem to have catastrophically misspelled "Seeeidebacher" there, friend :colbert:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Also, quick chili update, since we had some beautiful weather out today.

From left to right: Numex twilight (with her first three purple chilis), little-brother-Peach-Ghost, Carolina Reaper (that I had to cut back somewhat messily, because she was treibing into the Höhe too hard)

Big brother Peach Ghost Scorpion:

With three tiny chilis growing:

Crowded right windowsill, from left to right: Ajit Pineapple, Lemon Drop, Chocolate Habanero, and Apache:

My apache is sporting some almost-ready-to-ripen chilis, too:

This is bringing a smile to my face in our otherwise tumultuous times of idiocy and neglect. :unsmith:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

You win this round, mithaldu. I'll invest in your mask business and will carry them with pride.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
God, I’m jealous, Duzzy.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Eezee posted:

Send me some masks from your giant stash, Mithaldu.

I'll do you one better, i'll show you how to become Midas but with masks in your own home.

https://www.consumer.org.hk/ws_en/news/2020/covid-19-diymasks

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/reuse-face-mask-coronavirus_l_5e78dbf9c5b63c3b6494ad80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyDtrobkaxg

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Goons Are Great posted:

You win this round, mithaldu. I'll invest in your mask business and will carry them with pride.

:cheerdoge:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This is bringing a smile to my face in our otherwise tumultuous times of idiocy and neglect. :unsmith:
:kimchi: i love your little greens, well, not so little anymore

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It's all good friend, just let it happen. :)

My employer supplied a shitton of Schlauchschals with hilarious motifs and color patterns a week and a half ago. They're by far not as effective as surgical masks, but they should be somewhere on the upper half of the spectrum, and every bit helps for the folks that actually have to still come into work occasionally for Erprobungsfahrten and poo poo. They also lighten the gloomy mood a little bit because everyone looks like they're cosplaying PUBG
This too. I've been so tempted to doodle on my black mask. :haw:

Also, train situation update, turns out my ma misdescribed the masks they have and they're reusable FFP2 masks, meaning she's actually protected from passengers if she wears them. :toot:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
my gf and me are planning to spend most of the weekend on ketamine, and we're trying to make #KetamineQuarantine happen so feel free to use it on insta ☺️

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
while listening to these of course:

https://en.unitedwestream.berlin/

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Mithaldu posted:

Also, train situation update, turns out my ma misdescribed the masks they have and they're reusable FFP2 masks, meaning she's actually protected from passengers if she wears them. :toot:

Is that a pic of the actual mask or just a stock photo? Cause the NR means that mask is non-reusable. Not that that would necessarily stop it from being reused.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Germansimp posted:

Is that a pic of the actual mask or just a stock photo? Cause the NR means that mask is non-reusable. Not that that would necessarily stop it from being reused.

gently caress! Thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to ask her if they get restocked. That said, just walking through a train is a different situation than a worksite or a hospital so maybe reusing with and hot-steaming it will be fine. Better than nothing in any case. :ohdear:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/nursekelsey/status/1243252297431465987

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Mithaldu posted:

gently caress! Thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to ask her if they get restocked. That said, just walking through a train is a different situation than a worksite or a hospital so maybe reusing with and hot-steaming it will be fine. Better than nothing in any case. :ohdear:

I hate to worry you more, but reusing a non reusable mask is not better than nothing. In some situations it's literally worse than using nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Germany Discussion: I have never even seen a facemask

or

Germany Discussion: I knew he produced facemasks and I was seriously intrigued