Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Haiku posted:

The quarantine must be the best thing that ever happened to TERFs, because I've had a few slide into my mentions and such lately on sockpuppets solely to harass me. I keep a very low profile, but I guess they have a lot of time on their hands now. :sigh:.

I will never understand this. "Hmm, we're in a global pandemic, everything's on lockdown, what to do? I could enjoy the nice weather and unexpected time off by reading in the garden with a drink, but that just doesn't compare to harrassing someone I don't know on Twitter." If it helps in any way, remember that you're winning. Those people have nothing better to do than fire off comments that you'll read and then immediately block the sender before going on with your day. You'll never have to think of them again, they'll be seething over you not responding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

there wolf posted:

Western civilization is a bunch of revisionist garbage invented by Europeans to delineate themselves from the Islamic world. The source of European civilization would be Egypt and the Fertile Crescent civilizations. Greece civilization, particularly classical Greece was pretty significant but they built on what came before them as much as anyone.

I am also curious about what you think of as a better civilization because, while Greece sucked in many ways, it was pretty on par with its neighbors.

I mean it's more the constant hagiography of a society that instituted mass child sex, slavery and a kind of horrifying misogyny with a very "constantly right" and "urgh, the plebs" attitude that I hate.

I like the gauls because folks didn't seem to have all that much, but it lead to a stratified but less so society and more opportunities for women and people who were different, if some recent archaeological evidence is to be believed. I like the idea of there not needing to be a constant drive towards centralisation and a variety of different groups coming together and then separating when needed.

I also dislike the Greeks because, ultimately, "their" ideas won out. I'd like to see what would happen if other ideas had won out.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Large and Moving Torb 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Bonobos deserved earth, we just got there first

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

there wolf posted:

Western civilization is a bunch of revisionist garbage invented by Europeans to delineate themselves from the Islamic world.

No, no it isn't.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Prism posted:

The same thing happens with our freemen on the land; they (try to) use American legal nonsense.

Well of course the $1,000,000 secret government account in their [[[name]]] would be in US dollars. If it was in Canadian, it would be worth less.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Scratch Monkey posted:

The ancient Atlantians or perhaps the mystic masters from Lemuria

Log off Helena Blavatsky.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

T-man posted:

Are they the ones that are antimicrobial?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Hello Sailor posted:

Well of course the $1,000,000 secret government account in their [[[name]]] would be in US dollars. If it was in Canadian, it would be worth less.

It's a few years old now, but one of our judges decided he had seen freeman arguments come up often enough to annoy him and, being a judge, wrote a lot about it. If you can read legal text without your eyes glazing over, it's worth it.

The freeman in question actually does claim that his secret government account is in Canadian dollars, though (or at least is held by the Bank of Canada).

Edit: The Court of Queen's Bench of Alberta is the superior court of Alberta. I don't know what the American equivalent is at the state level. An Associate Chief Justice is the second highest ranked person in it, after the Chief Justice of the Court; we have two Associates, one each in Edmonton and Calgary, the two largest cities in Alberta.

Prism has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Mar 27, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Can we convince the freemen if they cash their $1,200 check that it confirms their name and they are now subject to all American laws.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

T-man posted:

lmao I was gonna make a very similar post

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

I also dislike the Greeks because, ultimately, "their" ideas won out. I'd like to see what would happen if other ideas had won out.

God-kings, slavery, holy incest.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Byzantine posted:

nobody asked about your fetishes

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Byzantine posted:

The Aristocrats!

Literally!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Byzantine posted:

Your username makes you seem biased tbh

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Byzantine posted:

I mean the first and second are still Greek. The latter too, it's just not "holy".

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ScottGreenfield/status/1243653592407515145

:thunk:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t actually know what he’s going for here

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Assuming the implication is "she is just ranting in her garage"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Data Graham posted:

Assuming the implication is "she is just ranting in her garage"

But....but it’s being recorded and broadcast.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t actually know what he’s going for here

The implication is "nobody wants to listen to her."

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Usually it's leftists that bring attention to empty hearings and politicians not even bothering to pretend to work, guess he didn't get the memo

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Prism posted:

It's a few years old now, but one of our judges decided he had seen freeman arguments come up often enough to annoy him and, being a judge, wrote a lot about it. If you can read legal text without your eyes glazing over, it's worth it.

This is loving golden and I'm no more than 10 minutes into it so far.

The ability to read the absolute contempt and incongruous humor dripping off the legalese is a rare thing, even considering.

Every time the judge writes something like "which I will discuss later in further detail" or something to that effect, I know it's like the setup to a joke.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The only people there where the people who were able to rush in at a moments notice on account of one dipshit threatening to derail an otherwise unanimous vote on procedural grounds because he was a hardcore libertarian.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

If I remember correctly, Gingrich figured out that C-Span would continue airing his bloviations whether or not there was an audience for them. So in the late '80s/early '90s, he used that to make speeches about the Democrats eating fetuses or whatever to get his unchallenged propaganda out there. I think I read that it was one factor for why he became Speaker in the Clinton era.

But AOC is advocating for the "little" people in a near-empty chamber, so she must be wrong and evil.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Prism posted:

quote:

[43] From a review of these documents, it appears that Mr. Meads is purporting to split himself into two aspects. One gets his property and benefits, the other his debts and liabilities. The ‘Mr. Meads with liabilities’ has entirely indemnified the ‘Mr. Meads with property’. He also appears to instruct me and the Bank of Canada to use a secret bank account, with the same number as his social insurance number or birth certificate, to pay all his child and spousal support obligations, and provide him $100 billion in precious metals. Mr. Meads has also purported to create various contractual obligations for those who might interact with him, or who write or speak his name.

[44] This is, of course, nonsense.

:lmao:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

If I remember correctly, Gingrich figured out that C-Span would continue airing his bloviations whether or not there was an audience for them. So in the late '80s/early '90s, he used that to make speeches about the Democrats eating fetuses or whatever to get his unchallenged propaganda out there. I think I read that it was one factor for why he became Speaker in the Clinton era.

But AOC is advocating for the "little" people in a near-empty chamber, so she must be wrong and evil.

Yeah but Newt was able to manipulate it so you couldn’t see it was empty

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Okay, folks, I want you all to think a little bit why the House chamber might have fewer members present than usual. Hint: read the replies to that very tweet.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Okay, folks, I want you all to think a little bit why the House chamber might have fewer members present than usual. Hint: read the replies to that very tweet.

Yeah, but the question was what the guy was even thinking was happening. All I can think of is "ha ha nobody is listening to her!" instead of the extremely obvious "a loving plague's on, people are very far apart."

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Prism posted:

Edit: The Court of Queen's Bench of Alberta is the superior court of Alberta. I don't know what the American equivalent is at the state level. An Associate Chief Justice is the second highest ranked person in it, after the Chief Justice of the Court; we have two Associates, one each in Edmonton and Calgary, the two largest cities in Alberta.

That would be the Supreme Court of (state).

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Prism posted:

Any time. I used to work in a post office and we got faxed screeds about this occasionally, as well as provincial separation. Yes, provincial. I'm not American and yet they still complained about GWEN, an entirely American system.

Canada has the ITS - the Iris Trunk System, part of the overall Iris Digital Communications System. The ITS doesn't have the same kind of scary towers, though; it was built later, and is a combination of fiber optics and line-of-sight radio. There's also way more American conspiracy theorists than Canadian just because of the population size, so GWEN got into the public consciousness more, I suppose. The same thing happens with our freemen on the land; they (try to) use American legal nonsense.

Wow. It's refreshing in times of unrest and fear like this one to be reminded that though our nationalities, our accents, and even our number of cases of Corona virus may differ, idiots are truly universal.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah we have sovcit and 5G conspiricy weirdoes in Australia as well. We installed smart meters in everyone's meter box a few years ago so that the electricity company could read meters remotely, and the poo poo that the morons kicked up about that was piled high and deep.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Memento posted:

Yeah we have sovcit and 5G conspiricy weirdoes in Australia as well. We installed smart meters in everyone's meter box a few years ago so that the electricity company could read meters remotely, and the poo poo that the morons kicked up about that was piled high and deep.

So you really riled up all the PhDs, huh?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Memento posted:

I gave my smart meter installing guy a beer at 0830 because I heard the lady down the hall yelling at him. Dude chugged it like a champ

Dramatic re-enactment vid

https://i.imgur.com/H14pucN.mp4

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Midnight Voyager posted:

The implication is "nobody wants to listen to her."

I've probably been too deep in the boomber hivemind because my first guess was that he was saying she smelt bad and nobody wanted to be in nose range :smith:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Re: the weird overlap between cybernat TERFs and cybernat Salmond defenders; here's someone doing both things in the same tweet:

https://twitter.com/LabourOutOfScot/status/1242429414924849153

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Prism posted:

This is fantastic and reading it while listening to Star Wars soundtracks only enhances the experience.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
There was a GWEN tower in my tiny town and we used to meet there to smoke weed. That is my fond teenage memory of GWEN towers.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It turns out that mentally I'm incapable of seeing a four-letter word in all-caps that starts with GW and not automatically reading it as GWAR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

PAWG ALERT AT THE GWEN TOWER WOOP WOOP

ladies ;)