Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
A barrel of oil is now $5. Trump makes this all possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1243637134457810945?s=19

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Thinking about posting "trump" all by itself in a post. Maybe even throwing a little playful misspelling in there. Much to think about.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

:hai:

alnilam posted:

Thinking about posting "trump" all by itself in a post. Maybe even throwing a little playful misspelling in there. Much to think about.

sacarenene

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1243637430483390470?s=19

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

CARES

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Elephanthead posted:

A barrel of oil is now $5. Trump makes this all possible.

*urgently fishes i heart oil tshirt out of wardrobe*

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i dont really cares do u

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

lol specifically and only calling out gm

lmao there are entire in-dust-trees out there we could mobilize and

the one with zero (0) medical ventilator production lines

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

is it better to let your landlord know you cant pay rent or do you just close your eyes and pretend rent isnt real

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

lmao the democrats

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tremb

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

juche avocado posted:

lol specifically and only calling out gm

lmao there are entire in-dust-trees out there we could mobilize and

the one with zero (0) medical ventilator production lines

gotta start somewhere

hey tyrmp i hear there's this elon musk guy who says you smell, someone oughta fatly tweet something bad at him

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/IndecisiveJones/status/1243629584727367682

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

:patriot:

https://twitter.com/covidperspectiv/status/1243636853284065281

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

yeah the oval office is wild

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SorePotato posted:

is it better to let your landlord know you cant pay rent or do you just close your eyes and pretend rent isnt real

Tell him you're dead and he needs to clean your plague body and apartment. He won't show up for months.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

heh

lil humour there, political, for you folks

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
why isn't google making ventilators

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

SorePotato posted:

Tell him you have a leaky faucet and you won't see him ever again

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

it's true, people ask me this all the time

https://twitter.com/RachelMComedy/status/1243635547425386498

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

thanks working hard!

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

What a loving baffling use of the DPA. Laser target one company to manufacture a product they do not have anything to do with manufacturing.

If the optics weren't so bad, I'm sure this poo poo would be immediately fought by GM and in a normal country it would be immediately investigated what with the whole publicly known story of president deals failing to art of the deal over the very substance of this declaration.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

emfive posted:

why isn't google making ventilators

too busy harvesting important coronavirus data

i mean its nothing to do with finding a cure, i just need personalised recommendations on jaunty looking face masks

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

apparently there's actually a ventilator manufacturer involved, GM is presumably just bringing the scale

quote:

General Motors will manufacture ventilators that are crucial to fighting the worst symptoms of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. One thousand members of the automaker’s unionized workforce will build the equipment for ventilator company Ventec Life Systems at GM’s factory in Kokomo, Indiana, which has been shut down during the pandemic. The goal is to eventually make 10,000 ventilators per month, according to GM and Ventec, but the companies didn’t say how long it would take to reach that output.

GM will also start making surgical masks, a critical component for health care workers, at its idled factory in Warren, Michigan, next week. The automaker plans to make 50,000 masks per day within two weeks, with a possible total output of 100,000 per day.

those mask numbers don't seem very big, but an auto factory probably doesn't have much equipment that can be repurposed to make those

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/27/21197015/general-motors-ventilators-ventec-coronavirus-covid-19-trump-defense-production-act

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

UNLIKE

WEBSITES

OF

THE

PAST

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

juche avocado posted:

also a deformed capitalist state in the throes of choking itself to death from autoerotic asphyxiation looks exactly the same as any other failing order

and people eat it up

Yeah but the joke was that a deformed workers state would definitely have already killed the kirks and shapiros long before we got to this point, and instead of being mad on the internet I’d be mad at some pa speakers up on a utility pole outside my shack that wakes me up at noon to tell me the general that relinquished the nation to the new president was just made lifetime ruler by the president, which is a vastly superior way to have ones spirit crushed.

Literal Hamster
Mar 11, 2012

YOSPOS

wait, so cnn is fake news but msnbc is good?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

:cheers:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

lol trumo jst won the elctione

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Literal Hamster posted:

wait, so cnn is fake news but msnbc is good?

shitlibs are a land of contrasts

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

we want checks, we want checks, we want checks

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

we need like a billion masks

literally a billion

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

juche avocado posted:

we need like a billion masks

literally a billion

easy, at 100k a day it'll only take us 10,000 days. american efficiency at work!

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

mysterious frankie posted:

Yeah but the joke was that a deformed workers state would definitely have already killed the kirks and shapiros long before we got to this point, and instead of being mad on the internet I’d be mad at some pa speakers up on a utility pole outside my shack that wakes me up at noon to tell me the general that relinquished the nation to the new president was just made lifetime ruler by the president, which is a vastly superior way to have ones spirit crushed.

*grumbling* I got your joke and i liked it a lot and i was just going to emptyquote you but then i decided to add my thoughts :kiddo:

also let this function as :emptyquote:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol is trump seriously having a presser with only republicans to celebrate?

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

alnilam posted:

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

alnilam posted:

:mods:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

this news story is getting around more now

https://twitter.com/JesseLehrich/status/1243619964252282886