Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
https://twitter.com/MedFet_UK/status/1243590308878848002

quote:

MedFetUK
@MedFet_UK
The only online store 100% dedicated to Medical Fetish, Kink and Roleplay. 250+ genuine medical-grade products, great customer service, worldwide shipping.

lol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

sassassin posted:

Cases might be plateauing simply because testing capacity has been reached. Deaths are the clearest indicator we have, and they're still rising 2.5 weeks after the nationwide lockdown.

We don’t have a lockdown. People who can’t work from home are still often working (as boris has told them to seemingly), and I’ve seen plenty of places in Birmingham still operating: factories, building sites etc.

I also know of a few people who’re still going to work, despite being in totally non key industries, and have heard of another (an electrician for BP chargemaster) who is meant to be going back to work next week, doing home visits.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

horny is prohibited benevolent?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

wooger posted:

We don’t have a lockdown. People who can’t work from home are still often working (as boris has told them to seemingly), and I’ve seen plenty of places in Birmingham still operating: factories, building sites etc.

I also know of a few people who’re still going to work, despite being in totally non key industries, and have heard of another (an electrician for BP chargemaster) who is meant to be going back to work next week, doing home visits.

Apparently (according to the sun lmao) this was the victoria line this morning:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

TheRat posted:

Yeah it's going to be bad everywhere but London is going to be a loving bloodbath

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

TheRat posted:

I know the Victoria line and that doesn't look like the right pole colour OR seat fabric

YOU'VE BEEN LIED TO

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

That's pretty quiet compared to what it (and the eastern ends of the Central and District) have been like this week.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I still have no idea what loving brain genius decided to cut public transport. If khan had anything to do with it he wants shooting for the harm he's doing.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Mebh posted:

I'm so loving angry and scared. I don't even know what to do, I'm trying very hard to not just drain an entire bottle of whiskey.

My mother is 76. Lives by herself with a cat in the arse end of south wales away from everyone. The one person I wasn't worried about as she never sees anyone else except her landlord who makes her roast dinners every weekend. She has parkinsons and a whole host of other medical issues.

She thought it'd be great to go clap for the NHS at 8pm last night in her garden. Solidarity and all.

She slipped and broke her loving ankle.

Fucks. Sake. What do I even do? I live with an immunocompromised diabetic at the other end of the country and pretty much can't go visit her. She's just sitting at home saying "Oh well I wasn't doing anything anyway, and can't really walk anyway. I've put some peas on it but it really hurts a lot"

She can't go to a hospital. Doctors aren't doing call outs. She's just gonna sit there and be crippled?

And yes, you're allowed to laugh. It's quite ironic.

A lot of support groups on Facebook in South Wales. Have a look see if any local to your mother for shopping etc. If you can't find and willing to say nearest big town I'll have a look tomorrow. Staying off it today for the sake of my mental health.
Also a link to a big list I posted yesterday was put on OP of this thread by Guavanaut. On phone so can't link.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Speaking of Italy and plateauing death rates, can someone translate this for me because google translate is rather ominous

https://twitter.com/lucfontana/status/1243071299058106368

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Can't wait for all the covid patients to start getting sounded

:getin: (that urethra)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I assume deceduti means deceased and anni precidenti means previous year. Ufficiali means official, media means median, and totali means total. Nembro and Bergamo are places.

I also assume the tweet itself is saying something to the effect of deaths being four times the official total for Nembro.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 27, 2020

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010

TheRat posted:

https://archive.is/1WTiA
"We found that our posterior estimates of basic reproduction number (R) in Wuhan City, China in 2019-2020 is calculated to be as high as 7.05 (95%CrI: 6.11-8.18)"

Yikes
If true, study quotes it brings fatality ratio to 0.23% however. It cant be both highly fatal and incredibly reproductive, its either one or the other.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

I assume deceduti means deceased and anni precidenti means previous year. Ufficiali means official, media means median, and totali means total. Nembro and Bergamo are places.

Which means the deathrate increased by a factor of 4, but only 1/4th of those can be directly attributed to a positive covid test. Which is probably a mix of people not being tested and people not infected dying because they're not getting the help they'd normally get.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Ms Adequate posted:

Can't wait for all the covid patients to start getting sounded

:getin: (that urethra)

Oh no

Ms Adequate has reached the "feverish horniness" stage

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

TheRat posted:

Speaking of Italy and plateauing death rates, can someone translate this for me because google translate is rather ominous

https://twitter.com/lucfontana/status/1243071299058106368

Red is tomato, yellow is cheese and crust is blue (i'm guessing sourdough?)

Utterly terrible topping ratio

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Oh no

Ms Adequate has reached the "feverish horniness" stage

A fever you can't piss out

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Because your urethra is blocked by a large metal rod

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wait why are we sounding people with covid?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

OwlFancier posted:

Wait why are we sounding people with covid?

Medical fetish company donated their supplies to the NHS.

I choose to believe this means sounds and enemas and so forth, not just scrubs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ahhh right I see.

Was worried you'd decided to become an old timey plague doctor except even more suspect than bloodletting.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I've heard about sounding out new ideas to address the crisis but this is ridiculous

CoolCab fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 27, 2020

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Getting the homeless off the streets this weekend, clocks forward on Sunday. I'm speculating on a sundown curfew next week.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

OwlFancier posted:

I still have no idea what loving brain genius decided to cut public transport. If khan had anything to do with it he wants shooting for the harm he's doing.

Supposedly it was an idea as far as London is concerned but outside of London I can confirm scaling back public transport regarding the railway is less of a plan and more of a reaction to the vast swathes of staff being affected.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
We were having pints but it wasnt right so I made us a barman

https://imgur.com/gallery/fjCjF0Q

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Someone posted a few pages back about labour co-op mps being disproportionately melty and... yeah? Why??

https://twitter.com/lloyd_rm/status/1242875229799677953?s=19

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

Sally Rooney is great and IIRC also a comrade.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

OwlFancier posted:

they don’t even have enough staff left to run a full service

e: are you actually Michael Gove?

Cerv fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 27, 2020

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

ThomasPaine posted:

Someone posted a few pages back about labour co-op mps being disproportionately melty and... yeah? Why??

https://twitter.com/lloyd_rm/status/1242875229799677953?s=19

Tenets are an important part of the landlord philosophy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I choose to believe that's deliberate. Or very Freudian.

He stands up for the tenets of landlordism, tenants can go gently caress themselves.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ten(n)e/a(n)ts.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Coohoolin posted:

I'm the 2-inch thick head on your guinness

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Ten(n)e/a(n)ts.
Super.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I'm the 2-inch thick head on your guinness

I'm the glass of blood the very cheerful (And weirdly familiar, he deffo reminds me of someone) barman has poured

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Ireland in full lockdown now pretty much. If you're caught being outside, or even if your laptop has a wallpaper that shows a picture of the outside, you will be punished and sentenced to transportation to Barbados

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Ms Adequate posted:

I'm the glass of blood the very cheerful (And weirdly familiar, he deffo reminds me of someone) barman has poured

The only colour I had that vaguely resembled beer was red, like the ales.

The barman was inspired by every large bearded jovial barman that apparently seems to exist in every single shite pub along the gates up here.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Ireland in full lockdown now pretty much. If you're caught being outside, or even if your laptop has a wallpaper that shows a picture of the outside, you will be punished and sentenced to transportation to Barbados

Need to update all the songs about being sent to Van Diemen's Land.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Look I was going to murder Thomas Paine and bury him under a patio but im not so revolting as to infect him with this that might kill his parents

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

:rip: me

and this is after Jose sent me the prolapse pics, the final indignity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

That reminds me I saw a truly impressive sounding pic the other day and entirely forgot to save it so I could send it to Jose :negative: