Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Leavemywife posted:

Well, I guess that means the Tigers won't be any more disappointing than usual this year.

Haven't lost a game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Milo and POTUS posted:

Haven't lost a game!

Padres were doing great in Spring Training. Looks like we are going to have to use that are their record this year.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Melthir posted:

Glad your making it home.

poo poo. Are stiil stuck at the Coast Guard training base?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Biden has been constantly attacking Trump's response so whoever this "advisor" is they're clearly ignoring them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fister Roboto posted:

Real loving obvious that the Democrats only care about beating Sanders.

Yeah, that one "unofficial advisor" equals all Democrats everywhere.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/TomPepinsky/status/1243565460395831297
https://twitter.com/TomPepinsky/status/1243566275730845698
https://twitter.com/TomPepinsky/status/1243617116479262723

The response to this pandemic in the US isn't even urban VS rural. It's just Trump VS Not Trump.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hey if you actually care about beating Trump then maybe you should start taking these criticisms seriously instead of circling the wagons every time someone punches at Biden from the left.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Bojo has the roni GOOD

Rammstein has the roni BAD

Update, thankfully, Till is go(o)d.

https://twitter.com/Loudwire/status/1243619008215044096

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Nah sanders is bad, sorry

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Fister Roboto posted:

Hey if you actually care about beating Trump then maybe you should start taking these criticisms seriously instead of circling the wagons every time someone punches at Biden from the left.

Hey friend you want to help instead of pretending that was criticism? Then harass Republican assholes in local legislatures that are trying to make it difficult for quarantined states to vote in the primary.

https://twitter.com/GovEvers/status/1243591395484372992

Someone asked in a briefing today how he thought he was going to pull this off and he said basically 'I don't know but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try,' up to and including extending the time in which ballots can be cast and sent in. Not everyone knows about the absentee option, and this would arguably get EVEN MORE people to vote than usual, thus laying bare the ridiculous gerrymandering and poll closures in the state.

Help us out, loudest of friends. Help us harass our worthless state legislature.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

LingcodKilla posted:

poo poo. Are stiil stuck at the Coast Guard training base?

Nah man. They shortened school and sent us home. Shut down the training center with the exception of A school. I'm in quarantine at home now. Fortunately as dumb as the military is the CG is generally slightly better at taking care of its people in bad situations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Fister Roboto posted:

I mean at the same time it's hard to take some of those criticisms seriously when a single line from an article is used to paint the entire campaign as incompetent or out of touch, when there's actual, factual evidence to the contrary. Like, how am I supposed to take the argument "Biden's not going after trump" seriously when he's releasing statements like:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1243575004702208000?s=20

What frustrates me a lot is that there is plenty of things to criticize Biden and his campaign on, and many of those things I agree with (Which is partly why I didn't vote for him). But it feels that there are huge sections of the internet left that are more interested in grasping at straws and attacking any perceived weaknesses or slights in an effort to achieve cheap shots on twitter as opposed to engaging in real critique or analysis.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Old Boot posted:

Hey friend you want to help instead of pretending that was criticism? Then harass Republican assholes in local legislatures that are trying to make it difficult for quarantined states to vote in the primary.

https://twitter.com/GovEvers/status/1243591395484372992

Someone asked in a briefing today how he thought he was going to pull this off and he said basically 'I don't know but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try,' up to and including extending the time in which ballots can be cast and sent in. Not everyone knows about the absentee option, and this would arguably get EVEN MORE people to vote than usual, thus laying bare the ridiculous gerrymandering and poll closures in the state.

Help us out, loudest of friends. Help us harass our worthless state legislature.

I fully endorse calling and yelling at your local, state, and national representatives in every circumstance, at any time.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Melthir posted:

Nah man. They shortened school and sent us home. Shut down the training center with the exception of A school. I'm in quarantine at home now. Fortunately as dumb as the military is the CG is generally slightly better at taking care of its people in bad situations.

I agree. If you need, check out CG mutual support, they are helping enlistees out financially.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
UFC fighter and GOAT-fuckup Jon Jones got arrested again, for drunk driving (again) this time with added firearms offences

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Acebuckeye13 posted:

What frustrates me a lot is that there is plenty of things to criticize Biden and his campaign on, and many of those things I agree with (Which is partly why I didn't vote for him). But it feels that there are huge sections of the internet left that are more interested in grasping at straws and attacking any perceived weaknesses or slights in an effort to achieve cheap shots on twitter as opposed to engaging in real critique or analysis.

Here's more or less why I roll my eyes at drat near anything even remotely related to presidential politics right now:

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1243622207357702146

There's a lot of BIDEN JUST NEEDS TO YELL LOUDER AND GET ATTENTION, but drat near nothing about Biden's campaign actually matters in the near term. At most, the coverage will be "Trump did fkjsdkjdsakj asdkjdsajk sdasj asdkjdsajk" for twenty minutes, because that's where the action is, then a blurb from Biden.

And all of that will get snuffed out by the pictures/videos of open-air hospitals and morgues.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

UFC fighter and GOAT-fuckup Jon Jones got arrested again, for drunk driving (again) this time with added firearms offences

https://twitter.com/cpackhamdrums/status/1243216623705698305

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

Here's more or less why I roll my eyes at drat near anything even remotely related to presidential politics right now:

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1243622207357702146

There's a lot of BIDEN JUST NEEDS TO YELL LOUDER AND GET ATTENTION, but drat near nothing about Biden's campaign actually matters in the near term. At most, the coverage will be "Trump did fkjsdkjdsakj asdkjdsajk sdasj asdkjdsajk" for twenty minutes, because that's where the action is, then a blurb from Biden.

And all of that will get snuffed out by the pictures/videos of open-air hospitals and morgues.

Exactly. The smart move right now is to let Trump be Trump. I realize how cathartic it is to yell at politicians and not one should be persuaded against doing so, but Biden and anyone else getting ready to run in November would be wise to hold their powder till the final stretch.

Anyone that's likely going to vote for Biden or the down ticket dems doesn't need to be reminded how badly Trump is loving up right now. He's doing that on his own.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Fister Roboto posted:

They aren't really all that concerned about beating Trump. They're more worried about literally any change from the left effecting them negatively.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/DavidNakamura/status/1243645428257763335

We're about to get a decent test of the asymptomatic carrier theory. The Capitol is more or less a biohazard zone and those people were hanging out there for days. All the White House does for pre-screening is take temperatures.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Proud Christian Mom posted:

They aren't really all that concerned about beating Trump. They're more worried about literally any change from the left effecting them negatively.

and then you have this disingenuous motherfucker

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
yeah I'm totally not concerned with beating trump when his scumfuck secretary of the interior is directly putting my friends and coworkers at risk by refusing to shut down the park I work at in spite of the recommendations of the park superintendent, county board of supervisors, regional director, and acting director of the NPS

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
but sorry guess what I really should be doing is posting lovely snipes and being a giant rear end in a top hat all day long contributing nothing of substance to any conversation

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/mjblair/status/1243570224680615942?s=19

This kid would die in a Trump or a Biden administration tbh

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Eej posted:

:chloe:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

but sorry guess what I really should be doing is posting lovely snipes and being a giant rear end in a top hat all day long contributing nothing of substance to any conversation

Tell that to the centrist brigade. Ever since Super Tuesday, assholes have been responding to legitimate grievances over the idea of having to vote for a decrepit, center-right rapist with "well I guess you want 4 more years of Trump :hurr:" It's incredibly frustrating and I don't really feel like putting in the effort to do more than shitpost if that's the response I'm going to get.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Eej posted:

eh, yes and no—Biden is severely lacking in his healthcare plans, but he would have also taken the threat of a pandemic much more seriously, potentially limiting its spread and preventing the kid from becoming infected in the first place.

But regardless, the clinic turning away a kid because he didn't have insurance is utterly abominable and an absolute indictment of our loving awful profit-based healthcare system. loving christ.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Fister Roboto posted:

Tell that to the centrist brigade. Ever since Super Tuesday, assholes have been responding to legitimate grievances over the idea of having to vote for a decrepit, center-right rapist with "well I guess you want 4 more years of Trump :hurr:" It's incredibly frustrating and I don't really feel like putting in the effort to do more than shitpost if that's the response I'm going to get.

I want to be clear, I am solely referring to PCM, who is just a miserable rear end in a top hat and the only person in this thread I have on ignore.

e: Like, I'll be completely honest, I do get kinda annoyed at some of your posts, but I do believe you to be an overall genuine person who's posting in reasonably good faith, and I understand where you're coming from.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 27, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fister Roboto posted:

Tell that to the centrist brigade. Ever since Super Tuesday, assholes have been responding to legitimate grievances over the idea of having to vote for a decrepit, center-right accused rapist with "well I guess you want 4 more years of Trump :hurr:" It's incredibly frustrating and I don't really feel like putting in the effort to do more than shitpost if that's the response I'm going to get.

Dude, gently caress off with this "centrist brigade" boogeyman bullshit. I voted for Bernie and am deeply, deeply depressed by his underperformance. I guarantee you Stalin didn't like the idea of allying himself with the two biggest capitalist states on the planet in 1941 (and vice versa) but he did it anyway.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Now *this* is the poo poo I want to see more about, instead of rando bluecheckmarks outside of the field weighing in.

https://twitter.com/rkwadhera/status/1243629165254868992

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2763983

Very low sample size, nonrandomized, but it looks like the old, ancient trick of injecting plasma from cured people into sick people still works. Reads like the medications weren't doing poo poo.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh just gently caress off, acebuckeye has made some incredible effortposts

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Acebuckeye13 posted:

eh, yes and no—Biden is severely lacking in his healthcare plans, but he would have also taken the threat of a pandemic much more seriously, potentially limiting its spread and preventing the kid from becoming infected in the first place.

But regardless, the clinic turning away a kid because he didn't have insurance is utterly abominable and an absolute indictment of our loving awful profit-based healthcare system. loving christ.

That a kid who isn't even old enough to make any difference on the circumstances of the country he was born in died to the bureaucracy of privatized healthcare is filling me with indescribable anger. Much like the lady who died of Covid because she couldn't afford a hospital stay.

People have been dying and going bankrupt from being uninsured for years but in an election year I literally can't believe ostensible progressives are not settling for anything less than M4A. Yes, the candidate has already been more or less decided but the fact that in the midst of a pandemic people are rallying behind the guy who said he would axe any M4A bill because the US can't pay for it is just driving me nuts.

The poor dying in droves to preventable deaths because it takes too much political will and capital to break down the private healthcare industry. What the gently caress

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/DavidNakamura/status/1243645428257763335

We're about to get a decent test of the asymptomatic carrier theory. The Capitol is more or less a biohazard zone and those people were hanging out there for days. All the White House does for pre-screening is take temperatures.

I hope Rand Paul was giving sloppy kisses with lots of tongue to everyone at the White House and both chambers of Congress before getting his test results back.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I want to be clear, I am solely referring to PCM, who is just a miserable rear end in a top hat and the only person in this thread I have on ignore.

e: Like, I'll be completely honest, I do get kinda annoyed at some of your posts, but I do believe you to be an overall genuine person who's posting in reasonably good faith, and I understand where you're coming from.

Then can you at least understand that for me and a lot of other people, there is zero or minimal difference between Trump and Biden? That we think that four years of Biden would be worse in the long term, by creating the conditions that will lead to the rise of a competent fascist? That we're absolutely loving sick of this stupid good cop/bad cop game the Democrats are playing with us and we'd rather burn it down than go another round in it?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fister Roboto posted:

Then can you at least understand that for me and a lot of other people, there is zero or minimal difference between Trump and Biden?

You can feel that way if you want to, but it's utterly absurd.

Fister Roboto posted:

That we're absolutely loving sick of this stupid good cop/bad cop game the Democrats are playing with us and we'd rather burn it down than go another round in it?

Can you at least understand that anyone who says they'd "rather burn it down than go another round in it" has no loving clue what "burn it down" would entail for them?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

poo poo loving sucks but your insufferable posting lately isn't helping.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

Then can you at least understand that for me and a lot of other people, there is zero or minimal difference between Trump and Biden?

No. Not at all.

If nothing at all else, Trump has been very effective at putting Liberty U quality mega conservative judges in ever position he can possibly appoint. Biden wouldn’t do that. It’s a Big Deal.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mlmp08 posted:

No. Not at all.

If nothing at all else, Trump has been very effective at putting Liberty U quality mega conservative judges in ever position he can possibly appoint. Biden wouldn’t do that. It’s a Big Deal.

loving thank you.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

mlmp08 posted:

No. Not at all.

It's this.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I'm extremely skeptical of the "hide during a crisis" school of auditioning to be president. It sounds a lot like rationalization for a guy who either can't or won't actively campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I mean, I'm on the left but I cannot loving understand people who don't see the difference between an uninspiring moderate (the old definition of moderate, that is) and a dude that Nazis literally heiled when he won the election and just suspended environmental regulations and affirmative action after ignoring a global pandemic.