Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Yeah he was upfront that he got to make some trailers for the game but he isn't biased, he goes deep in all fighting games regardless of platform and doesn't care about console warrior fanboy crap and weird excuses to downplay things being fun and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

His fav game is marvel infinite

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Real hurthling! posted:

His fav game is marvel infinite

if this is true it invalidates literally anything hes saying about fighting games entirely lmao

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Maxishillian Dood.

Thanks and remember to smash that like button.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Max is a casual and that's fine but don't take him too serious. If you're a casual too then his opinions could match yours.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Killer Instinct was a fun game by the end but its launch version had some issues, including it being an Xbone game.

Bleeding edge is really fun and seemingly has no swear filter so Im getting some good, very upset people messaging me in game when I wreck them.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 26, 2020

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

RBX posted:

Max is a casual and that's fine but don't take him too serious. If you're a casual too then his opinions could match yours.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I like stuff like MvC2&3, Guilty Gear (I know that's hardcore but playing with friends who are casual too is fun) and the Mortal Kombat and Nidhogg games.

Come to think of it, I really should buy a Switch at some point because Smash Bros is great goofy fun. The last one I played was for the Wii but it owned. Mario Strikers Charged was amazing too but I don't think Nintendo has made a follow up to that :(

Really wish Bandai Namco would make a new Katamari game as well, Forever on the PS3 owned even though it was basically just a best-of collection with updated levels.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
the katamari guy just made a new non-katamari game for ps4

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
And it stinks to high heavens!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
i dont believe you (waiting 4 pc)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wait wattam? Its on pc already.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Real hurthling! posted:

Wait wattam? Its on pc already.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh, of course you're one of those guys. Lmao.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

All his non-Katamari games suck. The best thing that guy ever did was let us roll his balls.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The main characters are the playstation button shapes but after exclusivity fell through he changed their colors slightly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

American McGay posted:

Oh, of course you're one of those guys. Lmao.

what guys

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
panzer dragoon remake just came out on switch as a timed exclusive

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

what guys

I believe your stance on the egs is being derided

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok Comboomer posted:

Gonna wait this out to hit Bone as much as I want to slam buy it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pretty much but pc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ok Comboomer posted:

Wait what, it's OUT?!

FUUUCK

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Real hurthling! posted:

I believe your stance on the egs is being derided

thats ok, its all launchers. including steam.

ill buy wattam when its on the humble store

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Barudak posted:

Gonna wait this out to hit Bone as much as I want to slam buy it

Yeah, it makes a ton more sense there or on steam if you can wait.

Getting it on switch means the convenience of portability and having it RTFN, but I have no illusions of that purchase being accessible anywhere outside of on my Switch. And once the Switch goes the way of the Wii that’s all she wrote. And in 1080p instead of 4K or whatever too.

Microsoft’s strategy of emphasizing backwards compatibility and library building/futureproofing is paying off. Sucks it’s seemingly at the cost of good exclusives and anything remotely resembling their own personality.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Wii bc lasted over a decade though, and iwata said that the switch was the beginning of being able to keep games across accounts and generations. I'm not buying the remake because I'm sure it'll hit gamepass, but I wouldn't sweat Nintendo bc, not like the switch was a failure.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Whoa, happened across this weird bit of news: Someone managed to steal AMD's R&D data.

AMD Statement on Theft of Graphics IP posted:

March 25, 2020

At AMD, data security and the protection of our intellectual property are a priority. In December 2019, we were contacted by someone who claimed to have test files related to a subset of our current and future graphics products, some of which were recently posted online, but have since been taken down.

While we are aware the perpetrator has additional files that have not been made public, we believe the stolen graphics IP is not core to the competitiveness or security of our graphics products. We are not aware of the perpetrator possessing any other AMD IP.

We are working closely with law enforcement officials and other experts as a part of an ongoing criminal investigation.

More here: AMD's Big Navi and Xbox Series X GPU 'Arden' Source Code Stolen and Leaked (Updated)

quote:

AMD has filed 'at least two DCMA notices' against Github repos that contained the stolen source code for the company's Navi 10, Navi 21, and Arden GPUs. The latter is arguably the most interesting as it powers Microsoft's forthcoming Xbox Series X consoles, while Navi 21 is thought to be the design for the RDNA 2 'Big Navi' GPUs.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Big tech is weird. AMD issues DMCA notice against Microsoft as Microsoft is publicly hosting IP of Microsoft Products.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Big tech is weird. AMD issues DMCA notice against Microsoft as Microsoft is publicly hosting IP of Microsoft Products.

IIRC Sony sued itself a while back. Like their Music division wasn’t too fond of the media player division basically only working via people ripping CD’s, something to that effect.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Why is it when I play Halo 3 on MCC it seems like everyone is playing a different game than me? I mean I know I'm terrible, but at least in 1, 2, 4, and even Reach I'm adequate. But Halo 3 I get stomped immediately and throughout the entirety of the match.

And why is the jump so floaty and loving weird

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theyre launching Gamepass in Japan finally and as the only person possibly affected by this I hope it doesnt override my US subscription like Netflix does.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
https://twitter.com/NieRGame/status/1244278389390725121?s=19

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

On a separate note they're doing a new version of the first NieR and releasing it on current gen systems. No release date yet, though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hopefully this means that PC Gamepass will also be getting Nier:A since zero dollars is about how much I would pay for a port of its quality.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

What's the best survival game on gamepass, also what is the closest thing to geometry wars on the xbone.

Sextro fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 30, 2020

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Sextro posted:

What's the best survival game on gamepass,

Subnautica? Ark is also on there but I didn't like it very much.

Also Minecraft.

quote:

also what is the closest thing to geometry wars on the xbone.

All three Geometry Wars games are available on the Xbone. There are also the Mutant Storm games which I enjoyed.

Outside of BC, Neon Chrome and Assault Android Cactus are the only ones that stand out to me off the top of my head. Neon Chrome is a little more deliberate and has some roguelike elements to it if I remember right. I'm sure there are a lot more but I've drifted away from the genre.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Project Cars 2 and Fable Anniversary are both free on the store right now, did the April Games with Gold launch before they announced them?

Edit:

Lol yup!

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1244987944814800896?s=21

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 31, 2020

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yeah there is literally a geometry wars game for xbone and it's pretty good.

Blankspot
Aug 23, 2007
Would you kindly...

Due to covid-19 my normal board gaming group is turning to online games.

From our experience so far it seems like most co-op games support teams of 4. There are 5+ of us at times though. Are there any games that support larger groups?
We prefer games with some kind of permanent progression (numbers go up!) and we stay away from PvP.

So far we've been played Elder Scrolls Online, Sea of Thieves, and State of Decay 2.

I know we have Terraria and Gears 5 horde mode as a few options.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Divinity Original Sin 2? Monopoly? Destiny 2?

Blankspot
Aug 23, 2007
Would you kindly...

RBX posted:

Divinity Original Sin 2? Monopoly? Destiny 2?

I had not realized Divinity Original Sin 2 was more than 2 players. Also keep forgetting about Destiny 2. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Hopefully something that comes around is games that have more elastic in their team sizes.

Destiny was annoying as hell as someone with a 3-5 player group of friends. I know that you can play as a solo/double but it's a disadvantage in some games like the new COD BR to have 2 out of 3.

Battlefield squads of 4/5 is good. You don't have a significant handicap by having empty slots in your squad and having a full squad has tangible benefits without being OP.