Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
It's wishful thinking at this point, but I wonder if the uncommonly nasty respiratory infection I had back in late November - early December was early COVID. It's borderline plausible because I live in a city with a major international airport and a huge Chinese immigrant community (so lots of potential travel from China). I feel like we'd be getting hit a lot harder locally now if that were the case, though. It's impossible to know until an antibody test is developed.

Currently, I'm self-isolating due to a sore throat and mild cough and unable to get tested. :waycool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

Stay safe US goons. Sounds like shits about to get wild.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
Pizza Hut keeps offering good deals in my area and I'm not sure if it's coronavirus trying to Pennywise me or something.

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

Grape posted:

Most of the western world would definitely have.

Outside of the sort of people VikingSkull votes for.

Who gives a poo poo if other countries would have done the same? That changes nothing.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

Unless it's in the bathroom and it's my wiener.

Does Walmart even sell microscopes?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

OMGVBFLOL posted:

there are people who have fought their whole careers to remove science from the decision-making process in government, sabotage scientific literacy, and set in place and reinforce, purely for the sake of consolidating their own power, all of the social and economic factors that contributed to this epidemic, and are now unironically saying workers should go back to work and die at their posts, again purely for the sake of their own power, even though they are themselves at the absolute least level of risk it is possible for a person to be living with right now.

OP's parents did all that?

More likely they're just an old couple confused by all the misinformation flying around. They might even be part of the problem depending on how much they've evangelised their misguided point of view. Doesn't mean it's not gross to tell their child, who doesn't even share their views, that you hope their parents die.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 27, 2020

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Burns posted:

Stay safe US goons. Sounds like shits about to get wild.

I've been seeing posts on Facebook that the start of the first surge/wave of deaths is "next week," (said every week...,) but now more and more posts there and here suggest it's legit going to start over the weekend and the first few days of the week. I keep telling myself, if I can make it past such and such date maybe I'll make it out of this. On the scale of grief that's bargaining, right? Part of why I've ditched social media for awhile. I'm willing to bet a lot of it is hearsay but goddamn is it a lot right now.

How did the older generations deal with the constant threat of nuclear exchange at any moment? For real.

frogge fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 27, 2020

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

frogge posted:

How did the older generations deal with the constant threat of nuclear exchange at any moment? Jesus.

They responded by developing an intense fear of communism and anything that smacks of it. If we can just come out of this with the same but for capitalism we'll be better off.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
6-digit barrier crossed

United States of America
Total Cases
Total Deaths
Total Recoveries

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Heath posted:

If we can just come out of this with the same but for capitalism we'll be better off.

Unfortunately, we won't

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

frogge posted:

I've been seeing posts on Facebook that the start of the first surge/wave of deaths is "next week," (said every week...,) but now more and more posts there and here suggest it's legit going to start over the weekend and the first few days of the week. I keep telling myself, if I can make it past such and such date maybe I'll make it out of this. On the scale of grief that's bargaining, right? Part of why I've ditched social media for awhile. I'm willing to bet a lot of it is hearsay but goddamn is it a lot right now.

How did the older generations deal with the constant threat of nuclear exchange at any moment? Jesus.

Things are gonna get gnarly in NY and NJ starting Monday/Tuesday. That is a fact at this point. It is gonna get "Italy Bad" no later than Tuesday.

The question is, how far behind NY is your town, and have they started practicing social distancing.

If you made it to this point without any of you or your family getting sick, congratulations, you've completed the tutorial. Press A to continue to Level 1. If you still have your facemask from the beginning of the tutorial, you may keep it in your inventory for Level 1.

Level 1's goal is to survive until June 15.

Level 2 begins June 16. If you survive to Level 2 you get a bonus face mask.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

just another posted:

Pizza Hut keeps offering good deals in my area and I'm not sure if it's coronavirus trying to Pennywise me or something.

I ain't doing poo poo to you bitch.

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

Family Values posted:

More than one thing can be bad at a time and there's plenty of blame to go around. China and the USA both hosed up. It's also not racism to criticize China just like how it's not antisemitic to criticize Israel, but propagandists love conflating them.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
So one of my coworkers has been in and out of the hospital with pneumonia. They are testing for corona. If it's positive i wonder if we will have to shut down our clinic. I guess it's up to the public health department? Anyway i still haven't gotten sick but like half of our staff is out sick this week. Unknown if this is corona but we have had quite a few cases in my area. Yesterday was kinda rough at work. Just not enough staff. Today has been busy but we had enough people thankfully. But it's been the same people working all week and they have to be tired.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Yeah even if the "China is lying about their stats and USA isn't really the worst off" crowd are right (they probably are), USA is still second worst so who loving cares

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Hadlock posted:

Things are gonna get gnarly in NY and NJ starting Monday/Tuesday. That is a fact at this point. It is gonna get "Italy Bad" no later than Tuesday.

The question is, how far behind NY is your town, and have they started practicing social distancing.

If you made it to this point without any of you or your family getting sick, congratulations, you've completed the tutorial. Press A to continue to Level 1. If you still have your facemask from the beginning of the tutorial, you may keep it in your inventory for Level 1.

Level 1's goal is to survive until June 15.

Level 2 begins June 16. If you survive to Level 2 you get a bonus face mask.

Sorry I only process tragedy in My Little Pony analogies

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747
you guys remember "peak oil" and how worried we were after reading that website in 2007?

hahahahahahahahahah

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Sorry I only process tragedy in My Little Pony analogies

There is no tragedy, only number

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

coronavirus posted:

you guys remember "peak oil" and how worried we were after reading that website in 2007?

hahahahahahahahahah

oil traded at a negative price somewhere today

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 28, 2020

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Soysaucebeast posted:

So my brother is currently having a meltdown on Facebook. He's apparently really good friends with this guy, who got arrested for licking stuff at Walmart and putting it on tick-tock. Everyone on Facebook is telling my brother that that dude was a moron, and my brother had taken to calling all of us idiots and criminals and "it was just a prank!" I've never seen him this angry before in my life.

Tell your brother that guy got precisely what he deserved, and that your brother is a loving shithead for associating with that clear defect of meat.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

frogge posted:

How did the older generations deal with the constant threat of nuclear exchange at any moment? For real.

Please don't get your information from random Facebook posts.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Funk In Shoe posted:

We're having a fun time in the Funk in Shoe household. 3 weeks ago both kids came down with fevers, vomiting and coughs but shook it off in a week or so. We've sort of semi-joked that they'd probably had corona. I had a couple of days right after with headaches and mild body aches but nothing dramatic. My wife, up until yesterday, have had no symptoms.

We're both 36 and working from home with 2 kids (ages 2 and 7) and it's stressful as hell. And then of course last week my wife found a lump in her right breast, roughly the size of an almond and freaked out.

She called up the doctor and got an appointment the next morning to get it checked out. Doctor refered her to a mammogram next wednesday and we're both naturally quite freaked out, while still trying to keep life somewhat normal for the kids.

And then last night she started feeling like she had trouble catching her breath, and coughing... If it's the virus, we're afraid she won't be allowed in for her scan next week which could - in the worst case scenario - mean that if the lump is cancer, we might loose potentially weeks before it's diagnosed.

She's super duper scared and crying a lot - we've been together for 12 years and I've never seen her like this. I know we'll probably be fine but this is the most worried and scared I've ever been in my life.

e: last january our then 1-year-old spent 11 days in the hospital with a severe case of pneumonia that would've clearly killed him without medical intervention; I can't shake the fear that somehow my wife's got the virus from somewhere outside (we've been self-quarantined for 3 weeks though) and that she'll pass it on to the kids and my son's little lungs won't be able to handle it.

You can call me a monster, but if I were you I'd set my wife up with a mask and try to take a lot of cough suppressant. Mammograms don't take that long.

I'll be rooting for you.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I ain't doing poo poo to you bitch.

okay... but that sounds like something coronavirus might say . . .

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Please don't get your information from random Facebook posts.

Oh God no. I just use it to see what friends and family are up to, shitpost a little, then call it a day, but like the sheer volume of covid posts there was getting to me.

frogge fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 28, 2020

Lotti Fuehrscheim
Jun 13, 2019

frogge posted:

The risk was rarely urgent, and most people could put it away as 'this is not going to happen because it is too absurd'.

I was born in 1955, NL, so I came after the most risky period, but I have never met people that were really afraid, except maybe some nutcases.

The hate against communism came from over the Atlantic, but here, much closer to the front line, people were not too worried. There were still quite a lot of contacts between East and West here. 20 kilometres East of where I live some villages had democratically elected Communist councils.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

just another posted:

As a goon, I went to pizza hut and bought the 3 feet of pizza

It was disgusting and I ate all of it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If you were gonna gently caress a pizza what would be the best in terms of crust and toppings

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

If you were gonna gently caress a pizza what would be the best in terms of crust and toppings

go Hawaiian if you really wanna hate yourself

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

As a goon, I went to pizza hut and bought the 3 feet of pizza

It was disgusting and I ate all of it

Username post combo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

just another posted:

okay... but that sounds like something coronavirus might say . . .

oh poo poo :ninja:

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Toppings: Lots of greasy pepperoni for the lubrication it provides
Crust: Hand tossed

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

big doughy crust, white sauce, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms for texture. garlic and anchovies for aroma. chili flakes if youre kinky

schmug
May 20, 2007

P'zone - extra cheese

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

wait are we folding the pizza like a taco to gently caress it or are we getting up on the counter american-pie-style and humping a hole thru it? this is important

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Alberta Parks have closed all the provincial parks to vehicles now too, so of course cue a ton of bitching from entitled white city folk all over again but doubly so now that there's nowhere "nice" left to go.

At least for every comment complaining about it on social media posts, there's a bunch of people responding in all caps that they should be staying the gently caress home.

schmug
May 20, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

wait are we folding the pizza like a taco to gently caress it or are we getting up on the counter american-pie-style and humping a hole thru it? this is important

yes

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I think I’d go the fold method but it’s dealers choice.

schmug
May 20, 2007

legit wondering if using garlic dipn sauce as lube would hurt my pee hole

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Work Update:

We are in a deep south state that refuses to shut down but the owner of our company left the work from home policy up to each department's management.

Fast forward to 55 people working from home for the past two weeks, while 5 of us are forced to come in.

We are basically sweeping floors because the boss in charge of us has said that this is a Democrat Hoax and forcing his department to continue as usual seems to be his way of making a statement against all of the panicking millennials.

Today, he was telling us that the virus only infects people that let it infect them (the body has a way to shut that whole thing down) and then he was mad that the owners aren't forcing everyone to come back to work Monday.

My county is now "Shelter In Place" so I don't know if i'll get fired if i try to not go sweep floors to own the libs or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Today, he was telling us that the virus only infects people that let it infect them (the body has a way to shut that whole thing down) and then he was mad that the owners aren't forcing everyone to come back to work Monday.

Wasn’t there a congressman (possibly from your state?) who made that body shutting down defense re: getting pregnant from rape?