Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Yukaichiban posted:

Dudes got a teardrop tattoo a fake gun and a real knife. Super Gabby is Super Sketchy.

I started following him on Instagram cause I collect figs and his insta is literally just him looking for and selling figs. I think dudes just a salesman I don’t think he’s very sketchy at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

The_Rob posted:

I started following him on Instagram cause I collect figs and his insta is literally just him looking for and selling figs. I think dudes just a salesman I don’t think he’s very sketchy at all.

he's definitely a more whimsical presence than a malicious one

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Classic Dave over rating NJPW and now Japanese Response to Coronavirus on Twitter.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Yukaichiban posted:

Dudes got a teardrop tattoo a fake gun and a real knife. Super Gabby is Super Sketchy.

thats just floridian

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dave getting real flustered today about accidentally referring to people wanting to "escape" WWE is pretty funny.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

"Tomohiro Ishii is one of the best wrestlers of all time and should probably be in the Hall of Fame before Randy Orton."

Everybody who ever said Dave Meltzer was out of touch must be feeling pretty stupid right now!

One silver lining of the plague is that Big Tom is getting some time off to heal.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

One silver lining of the plague is that Big Tom is getting some time off to heal.

when wrestling starts again, he and Tana are gonna throw parked cars at each other

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Howling at the use of the word 'parked' there

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

njsykora posted:

Dave getting real flustered today about accidentally referring to people wanting to "escape" WWE is pretty funny.

I didn't get this - what was that reference to?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Raffles posted:

I didn't get this - what was that reference to?

They're spicing up NXT by locking all the talent in a vast sadistic construction that's part-maze part-prison, just to see what happens.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Just starting listening to the Brodie lee interview with Jericho.

So Arn was a big supporter backstage and one day just told him “I’m going to stop because it’s probably hurting your chances”

:smith:

Vince just had it in his head “I think he looks southern. BETTER HAVE HIM DO A SOUTHERN DRAWL”

:goodshit:

Edit: Vince literally wanted him and Rowan to be Demolition. Backstage people brought a picture of demolition and said “this is what Vince wants”

2nd Edit: people should never ever pitch anything to Vince if he’s eating anything. He just won’t give a gently caress about your ideas :lol:

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Mar 27, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Miching Mallecho posted:

Edit: Vince literally wanted him and Rowan to be Demolition. Backstage people brought a picture of demolition and said “this is what Vince wants”

Didn't they literally just gently caress that up with Ascension? Or were they meant to be Road Warriors?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Didn't they literally just gently caress that up with Ascension? Or were they meant to be Road Warriors?

Demolition were WWE's attempt at the Road Warriors, so both.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

"I must congratulate you again Bryan, you are no longer the whitest Chico."

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Brodie asked for his release and they didn’t want to release him because as Triple H told him “it’ll look like rats leaving a sinking ship”

Vince literally called him and said “I can’t let you go because of business reasons”

Edit: aww near the end, Daniel Bryan personally called him and told him he wanted Brodie to feud him. Good guy Bryan :unsmith:

Edit 2: He and Rowan won the titles against New Day and Rowan tore his bicep. Instead of just vacating the titles, they ask Rowan to do another match on smackdown to take the titles off them. gently caress this company

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Mar 27, 2020

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
why does every wrestling podcast have scrotum shaving ads

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

why does every wrestling podcast have scrotum shaving ads

the same reason squarespace and blue apron were on every podcast forever, these companies buy adspace wholesale with podcast networks, so any affiliate podcasts are going to all have the same ads, whether its on conrads ring or jerichos pod network, etc

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I think within 6 months the AEW podcast ads are going to be Hollywood Handbook level loving around.

Tony and Aubry are kinda goofy, but I think they are going to start having more fun with it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I think within 6 months the AEW podcast ads are going to be Hollywood Handbook level loving around.

Tony and Aubry are kinda goofy, but I think they are going to start having more fun with it.

Aubrey is a massive nerd, and you could see the fun she was having with the Bucks. Once Tony relaxes into it there's going to be serious fuckery.

This is where my mind starts to wander and I envision them getting Colt Cabana and Sarah Shockey involved and just go pure Wrestling Bang Bang

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lamuella posted:

Aubrey is a massive nerd, and you could see the fun she was having with the Bucks. Once Tony relaxes into it there's going to be serious fuckery.

This is where my mind starts to wander and I envision them getting Colt Cabana and Sarah Shockey involved and just go pure Wrestling Bang Bang

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The_Rob posted:

Honestly, the Nerd Collectible Secondary Market is an amazing way to launder drug money

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just dropped a fresh Rudocast episode talking the Dark Side of the Ring and AEW Dynamite. We're all getting a little delirious from a couple weeks of sheltering in place but overall it's fun.

https://twitter.com/RudosPodcast/status/1243593670923653120?s=19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Fascinated by what HHH thought when he told Harper he could get him into New Japan.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Fascinated by what HHH thought when he told Harper he could get him into New Japan.

Now that's some bold rear end lying.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MassRafTer posted:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The release request came vaguely around the time HHH was meeting with everyone in Japan trying to buy an NXT Japan. I really do wonder if HHH thought they were going to buy a company and he could just send him over there to make him happy in their new NXT Japan.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I took it more as he’d have a better chance of getting released if his interests weren’t with another American fed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
In the ancient past people under WWE contract were allowed to work in New Japan, I only know this because I googled it around the time that NXT Japan was being considered.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Got 'em

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, its just telling whatever lie to get them to re-sign because no one can make you accountable for it after. That's WWE's entire policy and we've seen a ton of cases. WWE would promise you a world title reign, your own private jet, and half the company stocks as long as you're stupid enough to not put it on paper.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

The release request came vaguely around the time HHH was meeting with everyone in Japan trying to buy an NXT Japan. I really do wonder if HHH thought they were going to buy a company and he could just send him over there to make him happy in their new NXT Japan.

"see, I told ya I'd send you to New Japan, its NXT Japan and it's new!"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Joey McChrist posted:

"see, I told ya I'd send you to New Japan, its NXT Japan and it's new!"

:lol: drat you I was gonna make this joke.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

This GIF has gotten so much mileage

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

A shameful confession: I don’t actually know what he says in that GIF or where it’s from

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

extradite THIS! posted:

A shameful confession: I don’t actually know what he says in that GIF or where it’s from

Says What a mark and its from WCW when Raven had a bunch of skits where he was some rich kid who was feeling sad. Kanyon was trying to cheer him up i think anyway kanyon took a bump into a pool in one of them and the sandman was his neighbor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96stndsnkH0

heres one of them

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Croc posted:

Says What a mark and its from WCW when Raven had a bunch of skits where he was some rich kid who was feeling sad. Kanyon was trying to cheer him up i think anyway kanyon took a bump into a pool in one of them and the sandman was his neighbor.

Uuuggghh. Should’ve been able to figure it out from the various contexts it’s been posted in, but I dumb

(Thanks!)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think the direct context was that at some point Raven reveals that he's putting the whole emo act on to milk money out of his mom. Hence the "What a mark!" smirk to the camera.

I feel like if today AEW did segments where someone like Adam Page was faking sadness and emotional distress with his overbearing rich mom and recognizable wrestlers from his past were suddenly his brother and sister it would be like the hottest wrestling viral thing going. Raven was really ahead of his time.

Also, I forgot he used to be jacked.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

STAC Goat posted:

I think the direct context was that at some point Raven reveals that he's putting the whole emo act on to milk money out of his mom. Hence the "What a mark!" smirk to the camera.
For some reason, Wrestlecrap absolutely despised these vignettes and went on and on about how stupid they were and how WCW killed Raven's character because "RAVEN DOESN'T SMILE!"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Doc M posted:

For some reason, Wrestlecrap absolutely despised these vignettes and went on and on about how stupid they were and how WCW killed Raven's character because "RAVEN DOESN'T SMILE!"

Everyone hated them at the time. Which is why it really struck me that like if AEW/BTE did it now it would probably get the completely opposite reaction.

Some of that is just probably the time. Raven was an outside the box thinker and like that kind of meta/wink wink kayfabe breaking weirdness was just way outside what people were looking for at the time where now you have like BTE every week doing stuff like that. But some of its also probably just momentum and biases. WCW was disliked and the fail company so stuff they did that you had to bend a bit to appreciate was ripped apart. Do the same thing in a company with positive momentum and people are more flexible.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

that gif rules, those segments suck rear end