Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

d0s posted:

one of those demands is "immediately free all prisoners". like I can get behind freeing people from the stupid immigrant detention centers and letting go all nonviolent drug offenders but are they actually advocating for letting like rapists and murderers out

I'm all for freeing non-violent offenders unless they embezzled 500K or more because gently caress those guys and they're probably already out anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The stupid sack of poo poo already deleted it.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

ruddiger posted:

The stupid sack of poo poo already deleted it.

What did it say?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm all for freeing non-violent offenders unless they embezzled 500K or more because gently caress those guys and they're probably already out anyways.

yeah that's why I specified drug offenders, let the bernie madoffs rot imo

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

What did it say?

making GBS threads on the Michigan governor, calling her "Half" Whitmer

He's a disgusting piece of poo poo

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

What did it say?

Not deleted because of the content though, he had to fix a misspelling.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1243726993537073152

d8uv
Sep 17, 2005

DO NOT EAT
Grimey Drawer
lol my loving dad spent a huge chunk of his retirement money on stocks. when I told him he's being a moron, he said I need to have faith, since the stimulus is 100% going to fix the economy

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Wait he did that recently?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

d8uv posted:

lol my loving dad spent a huge chunk of his retirement money on stocks. when I told him he's being a moron, he said I need to have faith, since the stimulus is 100% going to fix the economy

Omg

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

I nicely told my mom to cash out 3 weeks ago, oc she didn't.
Its part of why she hates me so much rn I think.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

What did he buy, and when? I bought a platronics when it went down to 5 bucks a share days ago. But that's because I'm gambling that people are still gonna buy electronics from China when this pandemic is over.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Friday couch chat: it seems like every big company is fully onboard with roni-relevant commercials. Just face-to-camera pieces telling us how much they care in these “uncertain times” and how little they’re going to touch our food while they deliver it for free.

Nobody probably cares but from a public communications standpoint I was really curious to see how long it would take.

d8uv
Sep 17, 2005

DO NOT EAT
Grimey Drawer

Rolo posted:

Wait he did that recently?

loving today, over ten grand, just buying stocks. i had to tell him what a few of the companies he bought were

d8uv
Sep 17, 2005

DO NOT EAT
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

What did he buy, and when? I bought a platronics when it went down to 5 bucks a share days ago. But that's because I'm gambling that people are still gonna buy electronics from China when this pandemic is over.

lord, so much. a weird mix of banking, retail, tech, and pharma. oh and boeing, he was so happy he got in on the ground floor for that one

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Hazo posted:

Friday couch chat: it seems like every big company is fully onboard with roni-relevant commercials. Just face-to-camera pieces telling us how much they care in these “uncertain times” and how little they’re going to touch our food while they deliver it for free.

Nobody probably cares but from a public communications standpoint I was really curious to see how long it would take.

They probably had the "uncertain times" ads scripted and b-roll ready for x-disaster/emergency already.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Wood pellets are crucial right? The cooking kind. Anyway I got those today.

edit: I would have preferred not to but I'm not going to want to get them later and delivery tends to be expensive. I definitely didn't want my mother to go do it.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 28, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hadlock posted:

There's a pretty significant overlap of energy use between 4pm and 7pm as people transition from offices to homes

If the buildings are just set to "weekend" mode 24/7, even though people are occupying their houses full time, since there's no overlap, I can definitely see electric consumption going way, way down

There's a bunch of break room fridges not getting restocked, a lot of office washing machines not running, vending machines not getting restocked (how much power does it take to cool 200 cans of soda from room temp down to fridge temp?). Elevators not running. Heat pumps moving significantly less heat/humidity. Computers and displays are sleeping, which means less heat, which means less AC etc etc For every 10w of heat in a room, it takes ~2.5w of power to pump it out.... probably net 30%+ power savings

I would like to add that if rolling blackouts are necessary, the disruption can be kept low by targeting areas that are predominantly shuttered industry and commercial.

This will even cause a permanent drop in consumption as some computers and other equipment do not automatically restart after power loss.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

d8uv posted:

lord, so much. a weird mix of banking, retail, tech, and pharma. oh and boeing, he was so happy he got in on the ground floor for that one

Oh my word.

Maybe when the stimulus passes there'll be a bump for a day, or two, and he can sell and break even.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
First covid death in Montana today, 77 y/o guy in the asbestos capital, Libby.

I also got my "this guy is essential" letter to show to cops if they try to stop me from going to work.

e: forgot to add :rolleyes: after "this guy is essential"

dee eight fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 28, 2020

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Lol 75 percent of Americans are carrying letters and we're going to die because grandma is still able to go to the dildo store that has been deemed an essential business.

lesbian at Evergreen
Aug 9, 2006

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Lol 75 percent of Americans are carrying letters and we're going to die because grandma is still able to go to the dildo store that has been deemed an essential business.

Can confirm the adult store I work at was open until the governor forced us to close. The amount of boomers coming in to hang out all day and try and get their dicks sucked was unimaginable.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

Five guys MAGA and lies

I ain't reading eight more pages just to say this is great. This is good, bigly.

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

lesbian at Evergreen posted:

Can confirm the adult store I work at was open until the governor forced us to close. The amount of boomers coming in to hang out all day and try and get their dicks sucked was unimaginable.

Hahah Christ

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Did any of them succeed at getting their dick sucked

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Wait you can get your sick sucked at the store? Sounds essential

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

foonykins posted:

What's up jersey goon? I'm in Bergen county and nobody is taking any of this poo poo nearly seriously enough. I'm sure excited for all the boomers to let their dogs free in my neighborhood when they get shipped to some makeshift hospital in a week or two.

Bergen here too. I live in a place with some multigenerational households, including lots of older people. I've never seen the streets around my house so crowded with people just taking strolls. Not that there's anything wrong with going for a walk, but I swear there were like ten of them standing around gabbing. Cmon guys. Never saw so many people at any time of day back when I'd go running.

Speaking of dogs, a neighbor's dog somehow ended up in our backyard. She lives a street over so I drove over, knocked on her door and asked if she was missing a dog. "I don't know, am I?" Yes you dumb bitch, how do you not notice your giant dog missing. So she follows me back to my house and the dog has escaped our backyard (unsurprisingly) and some random people down the street tell her they saw it running around further away, at which point it stopped being my problem.

Someone from my sister's high school year is positive covid, got sent to the ER after hacking up blood and is now apparently fine but just quarantined in the hospital for a couple more weeks until she can be discharged. She's 20. So yeah it's already hitting a tiny bit closer to home.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Dear Watson posted:

is there a reverse fever? my thermometer keeps putting me in the 95 degree zone whereas my wife is always in the 97.

Or have I already died
Are you using an oral thermometer? The temperature it records will increase or decrease depending on you drinking/eating cold or hot things before measuring. Apparently the forehead/temple thermometers are the most accurate option currently, but good luck finding one as shortages and price gouging have hit them hard recently.

Weird related fact: there was a pretty good paper recently suggesting that average body temperature has steadily decreased from 98.6 in the late 1800s to 98.0 currently, probably related to us being afflicted by fewer chronic diseases and inflammation in general.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Vashro posted:

Wait you can get your sick sucked at the store? Sounds essential

Through a hole maybe. Use your imagination about who is one the other side. Kinda hard when you hear the click-clack of dentures being set down on concrete. Hell, guess that sentence works two ways. Gummin' is lovin' !

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Subvisual Haze posted:

Are you using an oral thermometer? The temperature it records will increase or decrease depending on you drinking/eating cold or hot things before measuring. Apparently the forehead/temple thermometers are the most accurate option currently, but good luck finding one as shortages and price gouging have hit them hard recently.

Weird related fact: there was a pretty good paper recently suggesting that average body temperature has steadily decreased from 98.6 in the late 1800s to 98.0 currently, probably related to us being afflicted by fewer chronic diseases and inflammation in general.

I can see that. I'm getting my temp checked multiple times a day with a temporal thermometer. My work partner and I are 24 and 35 years old, respectively. The people we serve range from 50-90 years old and their temps are in the 98-99 range while ours are low 97's.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Im at 96 or 97 all the time
?
Weird

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
time of day might be a factor too. I'm at 97.7 pretty consistently for the first several hours I'm awake, then it hit about a 98.3 later in the day.

sounds kinda like we're talking about FM radio stations :v:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

lesbian at Evergreen posted:

Ahhh. I remember my days working in an adult store. I didn't put up with old boomer assholes that creeped on customers. Spent a month working nights at an interstate store, another 8 months in a city store. Interstate store scarred me for life with fat truckers in mumus trying not to kill themselves in low heels and bad perfume. But that was the place I watched Kentucky college kids have a double ended dildo slap fight in the parking lot. So, mixed bag all around. No arcade jack shacks in either store, thank gently caress.

Staying open during a pandemic sounds like something Lion's Den would do, so I assume they are in states that don't care. Just order you sex toys from amazon, they have a better selection anyhow.

bird with big dick posted:

Did any of them succeed at getting their dick sucked

If they ever do, it's from some guy wanting meth or heroin money.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It’s me. I’m on the other side of the dick hole.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I am typically 97.9 unless I recently had an iced beverage or ice cream or whatever, in which case it's closer to 92/93. I'm mid-30s now.

When I was in primary school it was always dead-on 98.6

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
the cough seems to be the real tell in all of the severe cases i've read

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bird with big dick posted:

It’s me. I’m on the other side of the dick hole.

I can't think of the word Gloryhole without thinking of the old man on Gold Rush like a decade ago constantly yelling "GLORY HOLE" the majority of the first season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye_6sU-DetU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
What is the WHO doing now at this point? Dont hear much in regards to them anymore.

Maybe theyre still busy praising the Chinese 5G networks that really helped them get such a good handle on this.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'm usually 97.5 unless i'm feeling like some classic rock then I'm 98.3 but you have to be 103.1 every morning from nine to noon for Crazy Xi and the Cough

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I'm usually 97.5 unless i'm feeling like some classic rock then I'm 98.3 but you have to be 103.1 every morning from nine to noon for Crazy Xi and the Cough

I love this, just sayin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mnoba posted:

the cough seems to be the real tell in all of the severe cases i've read

So what kind of cough is it? I've seen it described as dry, so are you not coughing to clear mucus? I know some things like whooping cough are named for the kind of sound you make