Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

PinheadSlim posted:

I think it's safe to say most of us love King of the Hill, but are there episodes you don't have fun watching? I'd be interested to hear which episodes people think are unfunny or annoying. They don't have to be really bad episodes or anything. Just ones you personally don't like watching as much as the others.

Like, I'm not a huuuge fan of the episode where that violent crazy guy takes over the gun club. It just doesn't have me cracking up like most episodes.

And the episode where the football player moves into the neighborhood and acts like a huge jerk. There's some good jokes in that episode but I get so unironically aggravated that I just don't have fun when I'm watching the episode lol.
Mostly just mike judge pushing any cringy liberal bullshit like the idea that there are people who panhandle that dont actually need to panhandle, or like, really any of the rare political "middleground" statements the show ever made.
It's still aged better than every other animated show of its era.

Too scared to revisit the chris rock episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Too scared to revisit the chris rock episode.

It was never very good.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Ive been showing my gf the entire series slowly over time and my immediate go-to "uhh let's skip this" eps based on my vague memories were like

Anything that ever involved black people
or "political correctness"
The foot fetish episode
Fish crack
The arrowhead

Cant say she's a huge fan of Luanne and Peggy's depictions or the whole Apu dimension to Kahn (we're up to season 5ish) but she digs the show
Though she actually wants to watch every single episode now so we've been going back to those skips which has been fun

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
fish crack is a fantastic episode, jack

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What was wrong with Fish Crack?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
These were just based on my vague memories, in retrospect fish crack and some of those werent bad

Though wow peggy you went behind hank's back to shoot foot fetish videos
That speech the foot fetish guy tries to run with is so hilarious

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Who What Now posted:

What was wrong with Fish Crack?

Hank gets in a fishing slump and desires something better than The Worm and is told the suburban legend of a hillbilly bait seller. Hank goes looking for him but finds a crack dealer instead and starts fishing with crack.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Jumpin crack flash is a superb episode lmao

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I say this as a person who loves King of the Hill body and soul stay away from the panhandling episode.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The foot fetish episode is funny because of how cringe it is.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I usually like the episodes where Peggy gets in way over her head, but "Six Characters in Search of a House" was way too silly. Peggy is back at her real estate job and hires actors in a scheme to sell a house, but somehow ends up selling her own house.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The one with the hypocritical hippie commune in the forest that gets greedy and tries to scalp way, way more from Bobby in exchange for their pot of soup. Like it was said before seeing stuff like that takes the fun out of the rest of the episode. At least if they get their comeuppance it's not so bad.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Just my own observation is that as the series goes on Hank goes from awkward and put upon to actively callous and apathetic to what everyone around him is dealing with. It does a lot to make me personally dislike Hank towards the end.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I rewatched Full Metal Dust Jacket, and man, nowadays I feel it's one of the saddest Peggy episodes.

Usually Peggy episodes have her overcompensating for her low self-esteem as the plot's driving point, but she's really chill in this episode. She doesn't wanna prove she's smarter than anyone, or that she can do something way out of her depth. She just wants people to share her interests with. That's it. She's being proactive with it too, so it's not even like she's complaining without doing anything about it. She's just surrounded by vacuous suburbanites who can't talk about anything deeper than cheap gossip, or cheese. I felt really sad for her because it does feel awful to be completely alone with zero outlet to express yourself or your interests.

Her biggest flaw in the episode is that she rushes into buying a business without thinking it through, but eh, whatever. It's not in the top 5 dumbest things she's done on the show. She's just so desperate to have anyone to talk to, and owning a bookstore is something Peggy could have kept enjoying if it succeeded. It's definitely not the disaster Peggy's Sugarfoots was.

Watching it this time, I realized everyone at Strickland's being into the book and discussing it when you wouldn't have expected them to is foreshadowing of the gun-turned-book club at the end.

"Very good point, Muskrat." :unsmith:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

In the Trans-fascism episode they totally change the age, look, and voice of Rooster from when he appears in The Buck Stops Here.

Doesn't matter but it's fun to notice that kind of thing.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

Unfortunately not, according to Gilbert

"There's no one but us? But what about Aunt Esme, and cousin Violetta?"

"Aunt Esme died of fever, Violetta died suddenly in her sleep. The swamp takes what it calls its' own. Let me tell you of our ill-fated kin. Consumption, drink, impostor, madhouse, public madhouse, barren, barren, barren... well pretty much this whole left side. Leaving only us."

Well that settles it Bobby is 100% canonically Bill's son.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Marin Karin posted:

I rewatched Full Metal Dust Jacket, and man, nowadays I feel it's one of the saddest Peggy episodes.

Usually Peggy episodes have her overcompensating for her low self-esteem as the plot's driving point, but she's really chill in this episode. She doesn't wanna prove she's smarter than anyone, or that she can do something way out of her depth. She just wants people to share her interests with. That's it. She's being proactive with it too, so it's not even like she's complaining without doing anything about it. She's just surrounded by vacuous suburbanites who can't talk about anything deeper than cheap gossip, or cheese. I felt really sad for her because it does feel awful to be completely alone with zero outlet to express yourself or your interests.

Her biggest flaw in the episode is that she rushes into buying a business without thinking it through, but eh, whatever. It's not in the top 5 dumbest things she's done on the show. She's just so desperate to have anyone to talk to, and owning a bookstore is something Peggy could have kept enjoying if it succeeded. It's definitely not the disaster Peggy's Sugarfoots was.

Watching it this time, I realized everyone at Strickland's being into the book and discussing it when you wouldn't have expected them to is foreshadowing of the gun-turned-book club at the end.

"Very good point, Muskrat." :unsmith:

It was a good business, too! It was popular and would have been a success over time.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Huh. They sort of throw out general continuity a lot late in the series. Nothing too big, stuff like Peggy using contractions where I don't remember her using them in the past.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Not to mention Peggy's mom.

...also back to sibling discussion, Peggy has a brother out on an oil rig. I don't remember if it was state or federal.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Lucky also has a sister but wow I never realized how many only children there are in Arlen. Must be a lot of narrow urethras.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
One of my favorite scenes is when Hank and Peggy get trashed on tequila and Hank slurs "Peggy... I'm sorry about my naaaaaaarrow yer-ethra. It's.... It's like this here straw. *phhhttthbbtbt*"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Drunk Hank is great.

"Someday I'd like to tell Mr. Strickland to kiss off."

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"You aren't allowed to listen to my song anymore."

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

TheKingslayer posted:

Huh. They sort of throw out general continuity a lot late in the series. Nothing too big, stuff like Peggy using contractions where I don't remember her using them in the past.

dont forget bill and khan’s mom getting together. they could have at least hit the reset button at the end of the ep but they didnt. just never mentioned it again.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hackers film 1995 posted:

dont forget bill and khan’s mom getting together. they could have at least hit the reset button at the end of the ep but they didnt. just never mentioned it again.

Bill mentions Laoma one more time when Bobby is doing a Tarot reading for him but that's it. Though that's still too little and it's always bugged me too.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

ASTRONAUT SCHMIDT

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Yo this my favorite mug

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He's not even facing the camera though

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

One of the many funny things in the Enrique episode is how stoked everyone is to do Hank's driveway.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Watching the one where they go to the mega church and love the awkwardness of them going to the Hispanic Catholic Church and having no idea about the standing up or kneeling or crossing, felt this so hard at a good friend of mines wedding which was in Spanish when they had the ceremony

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Nooner posted:

Watching the one where they go to the mega church and love the awkwardness of them going to the Hispanic Catholic Church and having no idea about the standing up or kneeling or crossing, felt this so hard at a good friend of mines wedding which was in Spanish when they had the ceremony

I yell "JESUS JESUS PROMISE LAND" on sunday at my roommates and they yell it back.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Nooner posted:

You gotta be right with God to go to my church honey, it's hardcore.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Defenestration posted:

Yo this my favorite mug

Where and how much

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I've started calling guys honey as of late

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fishstick posted:

Where and how much

Free at the nearest waffle house dumpster

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

One of the best lines from that episode

Joe Jack rules

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uoWxr6ALSo

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

One of the many funny things in the Enrique episode is how stoked everyone is to do Hank's driveway.

but I wanted to be mighty Thor

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo