Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Brawnfire posted:

Basically how I feel every time American Dad dips into the Chinese well. Fran's parents are an instant disinterest button for me.

Which means I watch the episode with slightly less enthusiasm to my idiot guffawing

But her sister Gwen ... so hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

But Gwen is moron

Vakal
May 11, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

It would be the worst episode if it wasn't for My Morning Straightjacket

What is the name of the episode with Roger's alien girlfriend voiced by one of the Kardashians?

That will always be the worst one for me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Black doctor says I was almost a angel!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
My elbow feel funny. My elbow feel strange.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Please, stop bumping the American Dad! thread until the show is announced to return.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Crap, it turned out to be me didn't it? I bumped it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Sorry. :(

I’ve been rewatching the most recent season, 1-2 eps before bed to calm me down and keep me happy. It really is standout good. I got to the ham club episode last night, and it had me rolling.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bPIe5S2UW0

justt going to share this because roger doesn't get completely caught by surprise enough

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bPIe5S2UW0

justt going to share this because roger doesn't get completely caught by surprise enough

It's the mouth slowly opening and closing, and the eyes looking to Francine. He knows he wants to say something, anything... he always has something to say.

But no. Not this time.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
At one point he doesn't just look upset. He looks sad.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Sorry. :(

I’ve been rewatching the most recent season, 1-2 eps before bed to calm me down and keep me happy. It really is standout good. I got to the ham club episode last night, and it had me rolling.

I think you could argue that the most recent season is the best one of the entire series, it might not stay that way though because some of the upcoming episodes sound like they have the potential to be fantastic just from the titles alone:

Roger Needs Dick
The Chilly Thrillies
A Starboy Is Born
First, Do No Farm
Yule. Tide. Repeat.
Trophy Wife, Trophy Life
Dammmm, Stan!
The Last Ride of the Dodge City Rambler

Of course, who knows when we'll get to see them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Next we'll do your Tushy!

Lasca
May 8, 2007

I like American Fung. I just really enjoyed the product placement becoming even more blatant and stupid throughout the episode. Also any time there's a 'what ever, it's over' ending.

that's our story, Stan's dead. Good night.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lasca posted:

I like American Fung. I just really enjoyed the product placement becoming even more blatant and stupid throughout the episode. Also any time there's a 'what ever, it's over' ending.

that's our story, Stan's dead. Good night.

Oh drat!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Curly Neal has gone to roam around a farm in upstate Harlem.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
American Fung is loving hilarious

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Edward Mass posted:

Are we sure he wasn't Space Jammed?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Edward Mass posted:

Please, stop bumping the American Dad! thread until the show is announced to return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cgbZqR2AGI

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

My Morning Straightjacket is a good episode, minus the lame Family Guy gags in the beginning.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

You're crazy, the best part of that episode is "Spider says BUUURRRRRP!"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

bull3964 posted:

You're crazy, the best part of that episode is "Spider says BUUURRRRRP!"

Yeah that poo poo's great. Straight up loving funny. I'm talking about the 8 Mile cutaway to Stan on the bus and Johnny Five showing up at the concert.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I gotta get a pitch pipe just to do this

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Got nothing better to do, so my fav episodes from each season (based on the American Dad fandom wiki):

S1) Finances with Wolves
S2) The Best Christmas Story Never
S3) Frannie 911
S4) The One That Got Away
S5) Bully for Steve
S6) A Piñata Named Desire
S7) Stan's Best Friend
S8) Lost in Space
S9) Familyland
S10) Morning Mimosa
S11) The Unincludeds
S12) The Long Bomb
S13) Persona Assistant
S14) Wild Women Do

this was a virtually impossible task honestly

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Finances with Wolves is season 2.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

My work from home routine.

Every day I turn on TBS at 4pm to watch some American Dad while I finish up the workday.

Your presence would disrupt that.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Finances with Wolves is season 2.

Coaaab posted:

(based on the American Dad fandom wiki):

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, Finances with Wolves aired as season 2 but was part of the first season's production order. Apparently, all through AD's life, Fox kept ordering more episodes without actually looking into how many they already aired. It's why the cold opens were so weird for the first two seasons of TBS, they were still burning through Fox episodes from before the cold open decision.

Same thing happened with King of the Hill, which is why it still aired for two years after the cancellation notice.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

morning mimosa is so funny

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

morning mimosa is so funny

I really appreciate whenever they go back to that well, too. It's such a good source of funny.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

No episode has a better climax than A Bully for Steve. All time champion.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jonas Albrecht posted:

No episode has a better climax than A Bully for Steve. All time champion.

The set up and pay off for that entire episode was just perfect.

"You just tell me when I've gotten those oranges up the stairs"

Man, I should rewatch this series from the beginning.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's a very confusing time for us all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bwOYHtFAGs

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

angerbeet posted:

It's a very confusing time for us all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bwOYHtFAGs

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So what is the best TBS era episode?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rabbit Ears.

Although Jeff and the Dankass Weed Factory is a close personal favorite.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Did you see the size of that rip I took?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

It was truly epic. I love you, Jeff Fischer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Rabbit Ears.

Although Jeff and the Dankass Weed Factory is a close personal favorite.

Rabbit Ears is legitimately good television, and absolutely one of the best episodes of the entire series.

I hate Weed Factory though, but I generally hate stoner comedy, so that’s on me.