Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

There is absolutely going to be a turn around because otherwise this would just be 20 chapters of the heroes more-or-less-effortlessly stomping out the primary antagonistic force of the comic.
Like oh no Mirko lost her arm and Hawks got burned, in return they took down EVERYONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I've been thinking about where the anime is going to land over the next episodes, and I think they'll be able to cover the whole Pro Hero arc while hinting at One for All awakening as the cliffhanger for next season

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

They made quite a big thing of showing the league members' lieutenants, it would be odd if they don't manage to put up some resistance.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Gonna try to tip-toe through spoilers, but I just started the anime last week and I'm nearly through it already. How different is the manga, and how much further ahead (In terms of arcs) is it than the anime?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It’s pretty close to the same, the action’s not as smooth and the pacing can be a little off. We’re definitely at least a couple arcs ahead, including an absolutely INCREDIBLE one that we’ve taken to calling My Villain Academia.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Gonna try to tip-toe through spoilers, but I just started the anime last week and I'm nearly through it already. How different is the manga, and how much further ahead (In terms of arcs) is it than the anime?

Outside of some filler they are basically identical. In terms of arcs it is about 4 1/2 or so arcs ahead.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

RealFoxy posted:

The manga has some marginal differences, primarily in terms of fight scenes that are a bit different or extended gags that just aren't in the anime. It's not that big a difference. The manga is like, four-ish? arcs ahead? It's like 80 chapters ahead I think.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

RealFoxy posted:

The anime is basically completely faithful to the Manga. The biggest differences, as you might expect, are things like fight scenes where animators take some creative license. You're about 80 issues behind constituting 4 completed arcs plus the one in progress right now.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
NEW VIGILANTES!

Turns out it was Soga in the coat and Knuckleduster is still missing!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

I am extremely disappointed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

PMush Perfect posted:

We’re definitely at least a couple arcs ahead, including an absolutely INCREDIBLE one that we’ve taken to calling My Villain Academia.

Isn't that the name of the arc?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

Koichi loving rules, he's Japan's best hero.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1243774689589121033
https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1243810330163077120

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
It is absurd what a loving failure Dabi is. The one person who you could absolutely not let die you are directly responsible for killing. Hawks to the end was doing his best to save Twice, while Dabi just did NOT give a gently caress that he was killing his own ally.

Like, holy poo poo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean Dabi didn't help what with setting him on fire several times and all but it was Hawks that killed him.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I mean Dabi didn't help what with setting him on fire several times and all but it was Hawks that killed him.

Is that what's going on? It looked like Hawks was trying to save him from falling

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'll have to wait for the clear official release, but it looks like it's a combination of Hawks trying to stop him from escaping and Dabi trying to blast Hawks and distracting him that knocks Twice over the edge. So really you could blame both of them.

Either way, Dabi failed spectacularly at rescuing his teammate and Toga to totally gonna murder the poo poo out of Hawks.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I'll have to wait for the clear official release, but it looks like it's a combination of Hawks trying to stop him from escaping and Dabi trying to blast Hawks and distracting him that knocks Twice over the edge. So really you could blame both of them.

Either way, Dabi failed spectacularly at rescuing his teammate and Toga to totally gonna murder the poo poo out of Hawks.

The only way, to me, all the Dabi fuckups make any sense, is if he's actually a double agent too. Which might explain how he knows Hawks true identity. Why he was absent for the raid, why he's barely ever involved and mostly just sets people on fire he feels like

Also, more reasonable thoughts, less memes. Since Toga can now take on the quirks of those who she transforms in to Will she try to BECOME Twice?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 28, 2020

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Onmi posted:

Since Toga can now take on the quirks of those who she transforms in to Will she try to BECOME Twice?

Toga wants to become people she's fallen in love with.

Please don't make this any sadder.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
that is not the voice I had imagined for Mirko

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

raocow posted:

that is not the voice I had imagined for Mirko

Any idea who voices Mirko in the anime?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Gotta love how Hawks saves Twice from being killed by Dabi so he can kill him himself.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I'm not convinced that Twice is actually dead, since falling from. a balcony is a very ambiguous (in terms of manga) way to go. I also prefer the initial spoilers where Dabi killed him but the lil high five they do is better.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Twice will become a zombie nomu like Kurogiri.

Onmi posted:

Also, more reasonable thoughts, less memes. Since Toga can now take on the quirks of those who she transforms in to Will she try to BECOME Twice?

If they were smart, they'd give Toga a vial of Shigaraki's blood.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 28, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Larryb posted:

Any idea who voices Mirko in the anime?

I looked and I couldn't find her name in the credits.

I think she miiiiiiiiiight be Ami Koshimizu from listening?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Onmi posted:

Is that what's going on? It looked like Hawks was trying to save him from falling

Well, we see a close up of Twice with Hawks behind him holding his feather sword, then there's a spurt of blood and Twice falls from the building. Obviously Twice wouldn't have even been in that situation if Dabi wasn't willing to use him as cover, but it seems pretty clear to me Hawks finished the job.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Well, we see a close up of Twice with Hawks behind him holding his feather sword, then there's a spurt of blood and Twice falls from the building. Obviously Twice wouldn't have even been in that situation if Dabi wasn't willing to use him as cover, but it seems pretty clear to me Hawks finished the job.

Dabi never uses him as cover he tires to get Twice out of there.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, Dabi set Twice on fire a little bit, but he tried to save him. His main issue was that Hawks' speed is bullshit.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Man if next week’s episode ends like I think it’ll end people in the anime thread are gonna lose their poo poo

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It might be a good extension of Twice's split-personality gimmick if Toga used her power to become him and he lived on as a voice in her head.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Out of curiosity, do you think Horikoshi might take a break (or SJ as a whole) because of the... whole... virus thing going around?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mangaka oftentimes work out of their own homes anyway with only a small number of assistants, so I don't expect there to be much effect.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Mangaka oftentimes work out of their own homes anyway with only a small number of assistants, so I don't expect there to be much effect.

Honestly I'd be surprised if they noticed much of a difference in their day-to-day considering they're already essentially in quarantine anyway.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah, most mangaka work out of their homes with a few assistants helping out.

Ones that are successful will have a small studio and that's where everyone works. Depending in their workflow however it may necessitate everyone being in one place at the same time- because stuff has to get inked and backgrounds have to be drawn if the mangaka works non-digitally. Horikoshi generally does his color pages digitally (which is apparently unusual even among the current crop of artists... I think Posuka is the only one who is heavy into digital coloring right now) and has drawn digitally before, but he does the majority of the manga on paper.

Not very many mangaka are 100% digital- but I think some pretty famous ones have went full digital and really like it. If I recall Hiro Mashima has, and the mangaka of "Dead Dead Demon's De De De De Destruction" whom I forget the name of.

Sana-kan
Nov 6, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Yeah, most mangaka work out of their homes with a few assistants helping out.

Ones that are successful will have a small studio and that's where everyone works. Depending in their workflow however it may necessitate everyone being in one place at the same time- because stuff has to get inked and backgrounds have to be drawn if the mangaka works non-digitally. Horikoshi generally does his color pages digitally (which is apparently unusual even among the current crop of artists... I think Posuka is the only one who is heavy into digital coloring right now) and has drawn digitally before, but he does the majority of the manga on paper.

Not very many mangaka are 100% digital- but I think some pretty famous ones have went full digital and really like it. If I recall Hiro Mashima has, and the mangaka of "Dead Dead Demon's De De De De Destruction" whom I forget the name of.

Inio Asano, yea he's using unreal engine to make backgrounds and stuff. It's pretty cool.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I didn't see this mentioned before, but if you have a Viz Shonen Jump account, you can read a special one-shot movie tie-in.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/my-hero-academia-one-shot

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

Man if next week’s episode ends like I think it’ll end people in the anime thread are gonna lose their poo poo

I think it's definitely gonna end with the "Endeavor dies" fake out. Although that would make it tough for them to open S5 with their typical recap episode

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Endeavor's victory pose from the end of the fight is in the OP for a split second, so I'm assuming we'll end on that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Official chapter is out:
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/my-hero-academia

HAWKS kills Twice. Presumably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Official chapter is out:
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/my-hero-academia

HAWKS kills Twice. Presumably.

Definitely.

And I'm glad I didn't read any leaks or speedscans because I can even pretend to understand what all y'all were talking about in your black boxes for the past page.