Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I bought a 12 package case of Yakisoba on Amazon and the loving thing was taped close and one of the packages was missing and they want me to get corona by taking it back to a loving UPS store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Ebola Roulette posted:

So why have a kid when you don't even want to be around them. I have a 17 month old and I'm actually enjoying all this extra time with her :shrug:

I agree fully. Working from home is a reprieve and we follow a school schedule too. It was a weird transition for about 2 hours, but my daughter got on board and our preschool paid for ABC Mouse which helps a lot with being interactive with learning.

schmug
May 20, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

I bought a 12 package case of Yakisoba on Amazon and the loving thing was taped close and one of the packages was missing and they want me to get corona by taking it back to a loving UPS store.

some hard decisions ahead. be safe bwbd

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Ebola Roulette posted:

So why have a kid when you don't even want to be around them. I have a 17 month old and I'm actually enjoying all this extra time with her :shrug:

talking 4 kids down from the apocalypse and trying to keep them entertained is pretty rough, ya enjoy the moment I know babies can be rough but atleast they are oblivious

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

I just remembered that Brussels sprouts exist.

I’ve never hated them, but they’ve never been common in my diet.

Now I am thinking there are advantages to a leafy green vegetable that is served roasted.

:flame:

throw some bacon lemon and parm in there to really change your life

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I can't believe some of you actually got kids. My goodness

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Mnoba posted:

talking 4 kids down from the apocalypse and trying to keep them entertained is pretty rough, ya enjoy the moment I know babies can be rough but atleast they are oblivious

Oof. That is a different ball of wax. I have a 21yo, 17yo, and 4yo. The elders understand the gravity and what I do. The youngest has no clue (which is good).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Talk to chat support, they will set you up with free carrier pickup at your house with either UPS or US Postal Service.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Ebola Roulette posted:

im sorry, but gently caress you. raising children is difficult and not 100% voluntary. on top of that is all the stress of the isolation/money/health issues of the virus situation. "you need a break from you kid? I surely don't because I love my child the correct amount."

no parent needs someone guilt-tripping them for not reveling in every moment with their child as a gift from god, because life is actually hard for a lot of people, and sometimes the weight of responsibility is difficult to bear even when its worth it.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

yeah saying you shouldn't have kids if you can't handle them during isolation - I mean come on, that's just dumb.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

the who is here to help lol:

https://twitter.com/wilfredchan/status/1243887606569590784?s=21

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ocean Book posted:

im sorry, but gently caress you. raising children is difficult and not 100% voluntary. on top of that is all the stress of the isolation/money/health issues of the virus situation. "you need a break from you kid? I surely don't because I love my child the correct amount."

no parent needs someone guilt-tripping them for not reveling in every moment with their child as a gift from god, because life is actually hard for a lot of people, and sometimes the weight of responsibility is difficult to bear even when its worth it.

Nice meltdown, go smoke a weed or something. You sound like an awesome person to be with.

Being a parent is 100% voluntarily, there are paths that create children they don't just show up one day at your door.

Also I think goon a with 17 month old is not guilt tripping maybe you have a guilty conscience?.

Yes being stuck inside with kids and not a lot of outlets for entertainment isn't ideal but let's not yell at each other.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

tater_salad posted:

Wow go smoke a weed or something. You sound like an awesome person to be with.

Being a parent is 100% voluntarily, there are paths that create children they don't just show up one day at your door.

Also I think goon a with 17 month old is not guilt tripping maybe you have a guilty conscience?.

Yes being stuck inside with kids and not a lot of outlets for entertainment isn't ideal but let's not yell at each other.

Being a parent is only voluntary until you are a parent. Then it's absolutely mandatory I would hope.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There are interviews with people who have a hard time quarantining as a family of 5 in a lovely 215sqft flat, the youngest of the 3 kids is a toddler and I have a hard time feeling bad, sorry. It's probably because I'm not a father of three.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

wha the gently caress

is that fake?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Funion posted:

holy gently caress I'm freaking out a member of the CDC just called me personally and told me I need to isolate myself immediately because they found out one of the new symptoms of the virus is being hot, having a great personality, and a big juicy rear end. Send this to 5 hoes u think might be infected

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

once this pandemic is sorted i hope we can all agree to stop swallowing chinas bullshit

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

unpacked robinhood posted:

There are interviews with people who have a hard time quarantining as a family of 5 in a lovely 215sqft flat, the youngest of the 3 kids is a toddler and I have a hard time feeling bad, sorry. It's probably because I'm not a father of three.

Or a sociopath incapable of empathy.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Haramstufe Rot posted:

wha the gently caress

is that fake?

Nah, that seems pretty plausible for how international organizations in general and WHO in particular react to Taiwan.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

once this pandemic is sorted i hope we can all agree to stop swallowing chinas bullshit

Trudeau in yellowface explaining to Xi that we're done with their poo poo.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Or a sociopath incapable of empathy.

Just wait until you can afford more than a room with a shitter in the corner before you knock a third one up your woman. That's a lifehack from me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Just wait until you can afford more than a room with a shitter in the corner before you knock a third one up your woman. That's a lifehack from me.

you sound like a someone completely devoid of empathy sry

schmug
May 20, 2007

Ever think maybe thats all they can afford now because of unforeseen circumstances or a multitude of other reasons you loving rear end in a top hat

schmug
May 20, 2007

Also nice loving username. seems appropriate

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

I've been following Kenya's COVID news as I travel there sometimes.

Looks like police enforcement is already kicking in there and it's also being called police brutality.

https://twitter.com/Collinsbaclay/status/1243856311332339713

Not going to post NSFL pictures or videos here but if you're interesting in taking a peek on what's happening in Africa, you can check out Twitter hashtags #CurfewKE, #PoliceBrutalityKE, #KenyaPolice and #KaaNyumbani (Swahili for Stay Home)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I said come in! posted:

Talk to chat support, they will set you up with free carrier pickup at your house with either UPS or US Postal Service.

I've heard of that but I've never done it will they just specify a day and I can leave it on the porch?

DeathCrabForCutie
Jul 14, 2019
oh fuc-

Yeah man, gently caress poor people! It's not like financial difficulties or housing insecurity is something that can happen to "smart" families. They should have just not hosed a few years ago if they didn't want a toddler during an unexpected global pandemic :smug:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Holy poo poo, this is extremely gross and infuriating.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've heard of that but I've never done it will they just specify a day and I can leave it on the porch?

Correct, it's typically next business day. If it's UPS then it'll be Monday through Friday, but USPS will pick up on Saturday.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Whoria Discordia posted:

Yeah man, gently caress poor people! It's not like financial difficulties or housing insecurity is something that can happen to "smart" families. They should have just not hosed a few years ago if they didn't want a toddler during an unexpected global pandemic :smug:

Sorry I meant a baby.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Whoria Discordia posted:

P. sure that post is just thinly veiled racism. Check the rap sheet.

schmug
May 20, 2007

madeintaipei posted:

P. sure that post is just thinly veiled racism. Check the rap sheet.

yeah dude has a ban coming...again

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I said come in! posted:

Holy poo poo, this is extremely gross and infuriating.

im really hoping that, when this is all over, serious scrutiny is given to the world health organization’s serious and repeated failures in responding to covid-19, from unquestionably accepting china’s propaganda at the outset to spreading disinformation about masks to resisting the call to call this a pandemic until it was too late for anyone to respond.

this probably isn’t the thread for this but it’s deeply disappointing to see even the who twitter getting into twitter fights over Taiwan

schmug
May 20, 2007

Sorry I meant a baby.

dude stfu and go troll somewhere else

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I said come in! posted:

Correct, it's typically next business day. If it's UPS then it'll be Monday through Friday, but USPS will pick up on Saturday.

Cool thank you I have now done this.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Hey guys, UPS is scheduled to drop off my new baby this week.

Should I spray it down with disinfectant first before bringing it into the house or just leave it in the garage for 72 hours?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

QuoProQuid posted:

im really hoping that, when this is all over, serious scrutiny is given to the world health organization’s serious and repeated failures in responding to covid-19, from unquestionably accepting china’s propaganda at the outset to spreading disinformation about masks to resisting the call to call this a pandemic until it was too late for anyone to respond.

this probably isn’t the thread for this but it’s deeply disappointing to see even the who twitter getting into twitter fights over Taiwan

I had actually completely forgot that it was WHO that told the world back in January that human to human transmission of COVID-19 was not possible.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Vakal posted:

Hey guys, UPS is scheduled to drop off my new baby this week.

Should I spray it down with disinfectant first before bringing it into the house or just leave it in the garage for 72 hours?

dont do either of these you idiot

gotta bake it at 140 F

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The main lapse in people who haven't raised small children is that they think about child-rearing as a montage or a single moment in time: you spend time with your kid for a while and then you get a break.

Raising small children requires CONSTANT focus: I have twin hyperactive 7 year old sons. Yeah, about 2 hours a day is great wrestling or playing games with them or teaching them something they are actually enthusiastic about. But 12 hours of my day is spent nonstop riding them to study/do chores/stop fighting over arbitrary lego pieces, all while trying to do my work/cooking/cleaning. There are no breaks, a break is another opportunity for them to hurt themselves or destroy things. I have to wait hours for them to both be focused on some activity just so I can take a poo poo.

With school, I get a 6 hour break every day to regain my sanity(and do the laundry and go to work), but with the shutdown, every moment of every day is spent focused on making sure the children, who are the equivalent of a stumbling drunk adult who refuses to go down, are on point.

Except for the last two hours of my day, after they go to bed, which I spend chugging beers and whiskey (and doing the laundry).

Every. Single. Day. No weekends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmug
May 20, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

The main lapse in people who haven't raised small children is that they think about child-rearing as a montage or a single moment in time: you spend time with your kid for a while and then you get a break.

Raising small children requires CONSTANT focus: I have twin hyperactive 7 year old sons. Yeah, about 2 hours a day is great wrestling or playing games with them or teaching them something they are actually enthusiastic about. But 12 hours of my day is spent nonstop riding them to study/do chores/stop fighting over arbitrary lego pieces, all while trying to do my work/cooking/cleaning. There are no breaks, a break is another opportunity for them to hurt themselves or destroy things. I have to wait hours for them to both be focused on some activity just so I can take a poo poo.

With school, I get a 6 hour break every day to regain my sanity(and do the laundry and go to work), but with the shutdown, every moment of every day is spent focused on making sure the children, who are the equivalent of a stumbling drunk adult who refuses to go down, are on point.

Except for the last two hours of my day, after they go to bed, which I spend chugging beers and whiskey (and doing the laundry).

Every. Single. Day. No weekends.

parents: they knew what they signed up for