Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Anyone tried Bee Simulator? Looks like it could be reasonably charming, even if the gameplay might be a bit thin. Shame it's not VR, that would be a trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don’t normally like gang tags but gently caress it VG can you slap me with a Nier tag. It’s 2020, time to choose sides :blastu:

:hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=greRbA1wjQE

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Predator looked and ran ok on my pc, but the epic store version barely gets players even with crossplay on. I tried the PS4 version and have been getting games. It, however, legitimately looks and runs like a PS3 multiplat from 2014. I can't believe how bad it looks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pipski posted:

Anyone tried Bee Simulator? Looks like it could be reasonably charming, even if the gameplay might be a bit thin. Shame it's not VR, that would be a trip.

Oh finally a sequel to Mr Mosquito without the creepy level

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah you definitely don't have enough gang tags.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

The Predator game so far feels really lazy compared to Friday the 13th. I just finished my second match and the predator was killed. After that I just had to kill brain dead AI while you defend the corpse, then there was a 5 Second cutscene afterwards and that's it?

To be fair, I am not a predator fan whatsoever, but I expected a better presentation considering Friday the 13th did a pretty drat good job with that.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

The Predator game so far feels really lazy compared to Friday the 13th. I just finished my second match and the predator was killed. After that I just had to kill brain dead AI while you defend the corpse, then there was a 5 Second cutscene afterwards and that's it?

To be fair, I am not a predator fan whatsoever, but I expected a better presentation considering Friday the 13th did a pretty drat good job with that.

The AI is so goddamn bad. I get that they want to emulate the first act of the original predator but they should just cut them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah you definitely don't have enough gang tags.

i am based af, witness my swagg

i am gangland gangtag

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

Fix posted:

I got to within a few pixels of beating the Blood Starved Beast last night and only didn't so because I became so invested that I forgot the triangle button was a thing.

This happened to me with Orphan. My wife was watching and I got down to a sliver of health less than half the O in his name and panic rolled into my early grave. I fell to my knees and cursed the heavens.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Please do not sully the great Billy Bragg with the likes of noted trash game neir automata

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Please do not sully the great Billy Bragg with the likes of noted trash game neir automata

okay, here is a babe pig in the city trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJiVxntvsuo

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I have 121GB of free space, and this Modern Warfare update is telling me I don't have enough disk space for it?!?!?

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I have a launch PS4, I have to deal with that problem all the time, it's dumb but you just have to delete something to make room then reinstall whatever you deleted.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I have a launch PS4, I have to deal with that problem all the time, it's dumb but you just have to delete something to make room then reinstall whatever you deleted.

The bigger nuisances are the large updates seemingly every time I feel the urge to play the game. I don't play fairly regularly, but any time the mood strikes me, a 20GB update stands in the way.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

BisterdDave posted:

I have 121GB of free space, and this Modern Warfare update is telling me I don't have enough disk space for it?!?!?

yea it basically downloads the entire game and unpacks the patch while the other install still exists so you need like 200 gb free, weee

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Captain Beans posted:

yea it basically downloads the entire game and unpacks the patch while the other install still exists so you need like 200 gb free, weee

It doesn't download the entire game but it basically reinstalls the whole game

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Myself and my brother use our PS4 daily 4 apps like Netflix and Hulu so people who don't I can understand how frustrating it is when they put up their system after a while I may have to update all kinds of things

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

NieR Automata is one of the greatest games of all time and I don't even remember what berserker mode is

lingerie bot likes to fight in her sexiest underwear but if that's not enough for you activate beserker mode to blow even more of her underwear off.

This game is art you see

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Good news: The demo for the new 1v4 asymmetric multiplayer Predator game is up.

Bad news: it is not great. Clunky as gently caress controls too.

The tree-to-tree traversal looks cool (although trying to get into a tree sometimes is weirdly difficult) but then they go and call it loving Predkour of all things.

I’d been waiting for this for ages so it’s quite the disappointment considering I’m not allowed to leave the house.

Yeah I've had a few games of it and the frame rate is assssssss which is the first issue. Second is the graphics are also messy as hell. Third is as the predator you're limited to trees and wherever you can get to using your leap... It's odd they've called it predkour when you're not really that free to get around and have issues getting into trees like you mention. You have the vaguest interaction with buildings and you just get to look at rocks and cliffs because you can't do poo poo else with them. Oh and matchmaking sometimes doesn't work, I've had games instantly sometimes but others the timer has counted up to 10 minutes or more. And I've been in a lobby more than once which had people and was looking for more and never actually filled it completely which meant the game never launched.

Conceptually this is a game I want. In reality, it's just a bit shonky...

There's little to do as the fire team though, you do pretty much the same thing each time, dealing with idiot AI and having the pred taking shots at you.

Also the loving lootbox stuff in there. Just throw random things at players, don't literally make them watch loot boxes pop, loving hell.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 28, 2020

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
holy moley this Predator game demo looks, runs and plays like total poo poo.

The idea and everything seems cool, but it legit feels like a ps3 game. The resolution is terrible, it’s under 30 FPS, the bad guys just spawn and run in straight lines at you wow

e: it makes me wish the F2P version of evolve made its way to consoles, that game was a work of art compared to this

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 28, 2020

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

The AI in Predator is like putting mosquitos into the Friday 13th game and arming counselors with with a fly swatter or 22.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

This has to do with how the PS4 and its HDD allocates space for piecemeal file duplication and incremental updates. Let's say you have that much space, sure, but the update is probably 60gigs alone, and the PS4 needs to set aside a huge amount of space to literally build an entirely new file in the background alongside what you already have installed.

Your best bet to avoid deleting other games on your system will-nilly is to simply delete Modern Warfare and redownload the entire 165 gig file in one go.

Siege has this same problem for me on a regular basis, but its footprint never goes outside of 65gigs total. That being said, I have a small HD, not a lot of space, and Siege updates quite frequently. So even though it's only 65gigs, and the file replacement updates are usually only 5-10gigs, I tend to leave 40-50gigs of free space for the whole process. Additionally, I have bandwidth restrictions, so this is why I buy all big games on disc.

First world problems tho.

The Neal! posted:

lingerie bot likes to fight in her sexiest underwear but if that's not enough for you activate beserker mode to blow even more of her underwear off.

This game is art you see

People gently caress, bots gently caress, everybody fucks. Except goons. Goons don't gently caress.

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

People gently caress, bots gently caress, everybody fucks. Except goons. Goons don't gently caress.

Do you honestly believe a game so 'subtle' in its philosophy that it has a scene where a robot reads Beyond Good and Evil only to be struck down by the irony of giving free will to its children 5 minutes later is trying to make a broader point about how we're all sexual beings with the underwear battle bot stuff?

Because it was absolutely entirely motivated by an intention to sell more units to horny men and teenagers/the game director wants to gently caress his anime gf.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Disposable Scud posted:

The AI is so goddamn bad. I get that they want to emulate the first act of the original predator but they should just cut them.

I like having AI enemies but they are absolutely awful, they just run straight at you. Also network errors keep kicking me on the small chance I get into a match (this is on PC but this seems to be the only thread talking about this game. I was just about to finish a match by exfil and got a network error.

It plays like a free to play game even at it's best.

dudeness fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 29, 2020

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

The Neal! posted:

Do you honestly believe a game so 'subtle' in its philosophy that it has a scene where a robot reads Beyond Good and Evil only to be struck down by the irony of giving free will to its children 5 minutes later is trying to make a broader point about how we're all sexual beings with the underwear battle bot stuff?

Because it was absolutely entirely motivated by an intention to sell more units to horny men and teenagers/the game director wants to gently caress his anime gf.

Sorry that I enjoy lady butts.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Neal! posted:

why can't it be both

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nearly finished Doom Eternal.
I think it's great.

The later levels get way too annoying and cute with the platforming (some of the R3 grab panels are way too harsh with their grab points)

The music and sound and graphics are top-class and the environment/ level design is incredible, some of the best I've seen in an FPS.

The story is absolute nonsense which is normally fine but in this case it's also really badly told. It's so overly complicated to a fault, with pages after pages of exposition dumps buried in your menu. At one point the game decides to give you audio logs for one level, but you can only hear them if you stand still beside them, something the game has trained you never to do . Really dumb stuff.

The start of the game's story is like McGuffin collecting to an almost parodical extreme. Collect this thing in order to find this other thing that lets us use this thing. Nonsense!!!

The story is still just an excuse to get you through the amazing gameplay but this was a game in massive need of judicious story editing. There's far far too much going on in random voiceover clips and in text logs.

Overall, I would highly recommend this game, A+

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Same as the first Nier, NeirA is really good except for all the parts that are dumb and bad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

NeirA is really good except for all the parts that are dumb and bad.

all the parts that are dumb and bad AKA the entire game!!!!!

:dudsmile:

Hehe... gottem

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Same as the first Nier, NeirA is really good except for all the parts that are dumb and bad.

So it's all really good then.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Arist posted:

why can't it be both

It’s Yoko Taro, so it’s definitely both.

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Sorry that I enjoy lady butts.

That's cool dude. I'm not trying to stop you from playing your lady butt games I just think that game designers making their female characters literal sex objects is a little bit gross. I'm sad to see that in a game that a lot of people in this thread who are generally on the same page as me with games agree is a game that everyone should play and experience.

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

Dewgy posted:

It’s Yoko Taro, so it’s definitely both.

Really? Or am I going to research this and then discover it's another "she breathes through her skin, bet you're sorry you called the costume sexist now huh?" situation?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They are literally not sex objects in the actual definition of that term considering how those images and characters play out in terms of the story. I understand that the designs can be off-putting to people but there were only a few times where it felt particularly egregious.

The Neal! posted:

Considering that one of the characters explicitly discusses the social construction of gender through physical aesthetics, and criticizes the male gaze with direct reference to Simone de Beauvoir, actually yes

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They are literally not sex objects in the actual definition of that term considering how those images and characters play out in terms of the story. I understand that the designs can be off-putting to people but there were only a few times where it felt particularly egregious.

Considering that one of the characters explicitly discusses the social construction of gender through physical aesthetics, and criticizes the male gaze with direct reference to Simone de Beauvoir, actually yes

Okay, I'm going to play out the rest of the game before commenting further on this because I don't think I've got to anything like that but given the game has been more or less sexist in its costume design across the board I don't know how they're possibly going to then turn that into a well done thesis on sexism in what I imagine is the final hour or two of the game without the whole thing just being counter intuitive.

It's kind of similar to my question of 'Why'd they make the middle of the game so boring?' that some people in this thread have assured me was intentional and will all be revealed with this amazing ending I'm about to unveil. I'm still here being really sceptical that'll all be worth it in the end.

I'll wait and see though.

The Neal! fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 29, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you finished Route B, the relevant exposition for the parts I'm talking about come from hacking the Amusement Park boss, with ancillary references in one of the Treetop Village sidequests.

But if your first and lasting reaction to the character designs as a whole is primarily "these are sexist jackoff material" then I don't think there's going to be any satisfying resolution to this disagreement, sorry about that

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fix posted:

I got to within a few pixels of beating the Blood Starved Beast last night and only didn't so because I became so invested that I forgot the triangle button was a thing.

eventually you will look back on the blood starved beast and have a laugh that it was ever even a problem at all

edit: also if your self-image requires that you prattle on about how much you hate nier i dunno man, find a new hat to wear

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 29, 2020

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh wait, I just remembered, you're talking about the carnivale robot. I forgot about that tangent in the game.

Yeah I don't think the beserker mode thing and that are on the same page or at the very least it's a poorly made point that really just works against itself.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

It's a video game from noted sexist wonderland Japan, where a lady robot wears a maid outfit that her rear end hangs out of.

Sure, I totally buy your arguments that this is subversive double-inverse reverse psychology on the part of video game auteur Guy In A Jack In The Box Head.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mdxi posted:

It's a video game from noted sexist wonderland Japan, where a lady robot wears a maid outfit that her rear end hangs out of.

Sure, I totally buy your arguments that this is subversive double-inverse reverse psychology on the part of video game auteur Guy In A Jack In The Box Head.

oh cool we're doing the thing where we pretend japan is some uniquely regressive country, awesome racism