Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Crowsbeak posted:

also. Start with civ 4. Civ 5 is fukayaman garbage.

Thank you. I was going to chime in but I feel like I've fallen out with the Civ series. I didn't get to 2, but I played a ton of 3, and SMAC, and 4 when it released and with BtS (especially with mods-- Civ4BtS with Rise of Mankind and Fall From Heaven 2 and poo poo? It's amazing), but Civ5 fell flat for me and I haven't even bothered to play more than a few hours of 6. Endless Legend is better for that itch. And, soon, Humankind or whatever the Endless devs are making that's gonna be a Civ-style game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/Braingetter/status/1243630162186506252?s=20

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Crowsbeak posted:

also. Start with civ 4. Civ 5 is fukayaman garbage.

love me some death stacks

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The actually-essential Civ games:
  • Civilization II
  • Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

prefect posted:

• Civilization II

lmao why the gently caress would I go with the alpha version of Centauri and not the full released version like lmao you know how many bugs they fixed?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

class 3 obese

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the main reason to play Civ 4 in this day and age is the Fall From Heaven 2 mod.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

uber_stoat posted:

the main reason to play Civ 4 in this day and age is the Fall From Heaven 2 mod.

it's me i'm the twisted carnival

FFH2 ownsssss and firaxis can eat my entire rear end for how badly they've scaled back modability specifically and the gameplay generally for 5 and 6 and the alpha centauri "remake". 1upt is hot trash

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

TeenageArchipelago posted:

lmao why the gently caress would I go with the alpha version of Centauri and not the full released version like lmao you know how many bugs they fixed?

early access centauri

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

nick and adam just hope no one informs stav he is allowed to order more than one entrée

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Perfect, how do I listen for free

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

uber_stoat posted:

I played so much Fall from heaven 2 back in the day, I remember the Balseraphs and Sheaim being my go to factions

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

prefect posted:

• Civilization II

SMAC the all time greatest for sure

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

that rules, what a spot on impression

uber_stoat posted:

FFH 2 is the real civ 5. i'm quarantining with some family, i should convince them to play a game of this

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Shipon posted:

Death stacks were the bees knees. Then of course follow up with SMAC.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

uber_stoat posted:

FFH2 is amazing. I just love playing the Bannor.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

loving everything up with the Sidar :hellyeah:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Gripweed posted:

we don't need New York

considering the news I hope you're right

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brace_Belden

the photo is so good omg

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Amurites and Kuriotates were my jam in FFH2. God. I miss that poo poo.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Brace's Wikipedia talk page is pretty great too

quote:

Belden mentioned going to private high school Dalton in Episode #335 of Chapo Trap House but not sure if it's a joke. 200.6.223.109 (talk) 20:02, 28 July 2019 (UTC)

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

so excited for gyllenhaals oscar winning depiction of him

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Shipon posted:

you don’t want to sell me death stacks. you want to go home and rethink your life.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Farm Frenzy posted:

so excited for gyllenhaals oscar winning depiction of him

Wait? Their having some guy who visibly is in his forties portraying a whippersnaper like Brace?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Brace Belden, 19 yr old YPG super soldier

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Brace is hotter than his personality would suggest

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I thought he was a bit chubby??

Love his gun holsters tho

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

T-man posted:

hes jsut woody allen without the padeophilia but with a gun

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

haha what

quote:

On November 22, 2018, Belden appeared on the internet's highest rated christian punk podcast Blink 155.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I think that's the podcast that's going to do an episode for all 155 Blink-182 songs. The "Christian" bit might be a joke? :shrug:

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
respect to stav, reviving old dumb grudges with the turkish

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

T-man posted:

this is the spiciest take i have ever seen you post

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

stav and hasan need to throw down

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/stavvybaby/status/1242878197341007873?s=20

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I have no idea why people were trying to dunk on Kath Barbadoro like she's RedKahina or something.

Dekko
May 23, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I have no idea why people were trying to dunk on Kath Barbadoro like she's RedKahina or something.

The 'child of wealthy parents who likes to scold people for not doing leftism right' type is pretty reprehensible at the best of times. When they decide to break quarantine so they can gently caress off to daddy's spare mansion getting dunked on online is the least they deserve.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Halloween Jack posted:

One time amber said louie c.k. isnt a terrible sex pest and he should get to work at the clubs he was a sex pest at. Kath and jake flores called her out and said that is hosed up and wrong.

Edit: she shouldn't be breaking quarantine and the house is a place a family friend rents for work because said friend has to send half the week in some city because of work.

We dont read twitter thread to find this out.

People were also trying to dunk on some other lefty comedy woman because she is moving out of her home temporarily because her mom and sister who dhe lives with are both nurses.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 18:52 on Mar 29, 2020

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Dekko posted:

The 'child of wealthy parents who likes to scold people for not doing leftism right' type is pretty reprehensible at the best of times.

I'm also a Chapo hate-listener

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

we're going to find out this was the farmhouse mark ames thought he could go to