Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Man AoS is weird.

E: lovely snipe, here's my cat:

moths fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

moths posted:

Man AoS is weird.

E: lovely snipe, here's my cat:

AoS is batshit.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Going by the newsletter the DA might just be El Johnson.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cooked Auto posted:

Going by the newsletter the DA might just be El Johnson.
There's no "might be" about it. :v:

adamantium|wang posted:

A Lion appears

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I stand corrected. I had completely overlooked that one. Or seen it and then forgotten about it because more Space Marines. v:v:v

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It's just going to be Bile for 40k. I should just go to sleep.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The new model does look good though, it's a direct upgrade to the old model. Especially if you look at the before/after image they have on the liveblog.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

So does this mean that Guilliman will no longer be the only primarch marching around the galaxy? I kinda tuned out of 40k stuff last summer and have missed a lot apparently.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gunder posted:

So does this mean that Guilliman will no longer be the only primarch marching around the galaxy? I kinda tuned out of 40k stuff last summer and have missed a lot apparently.

It's a 30k model.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

JBP posted:

It's a 30k model.

Oh yeah, that's a game that exists. :v:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
My exact reaction was “another loyalis—oh that’s a 30k resin sculpt. K. :geno:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I think the Khan is now the only one remaining. Figures.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tbh it seems pretty cruel to send out a Warhammer email with "REVEALED! The Lion. Yes really!" and then reveal a model for a game no one gives a poo poo about

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The video was pretty good though. I can give them that.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

They've been releasing DA stuff for 30k for a while now, this was pretty much inevitable.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

moths posted:

They've been releasing DA stuff for 30k for a while now, this was pretty much inevitable.

I'm just saying that the hype machine makes it look like some flagship reveal when it's just another harpoon for the whale game.

I mean... The bigger whale game

And China.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

They ended with a primaris lieutenant lol

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

OhDearGodNo posted:

I think the Khan is now the only one remaining. Figures.
To be fair, the original plan was for DA and BA to share a book. It makes sense that the Lion was probably in progress when the decision was made to use the White Scars instead. Also, the Khan is almost certainly going to be two models to account for his gigantic loving jetbike option.

The Lion's bare head option and regular sword were shown in the video and he probably has one of the best face sculpts in the entire range. :swoon:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
They're gonna troll everyone by having the next 40k primarch being a simul-release of Khan.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Safety Factor posted:

To be fair, the original plan was for DA and BA to share a book. It makes sense that the Lion was probably in progress when the decision was made to use the White Scars instead. Also, the Khan is almost certainly going to be two models to account for his gigantic loving jetbike option.

The Lion's bare head option and regular sword were shown in the video and he probably has one of the best face sculpts in the entire range. :swoon:

White Scars already had their book though.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

OhDearGodNo posted:

White Scars already had their book though.

White scars were swapped into the BA book relatively late in the process, and primarch sculpts take a long time (and are all done by one person).

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's worth mentioning that Simon Egan does all of the primarch sculpts by hand. There was a second sculptor who did a few as well (Mortarion, Lorgar, and I'm not sure who else), but the primarch range has mostly been Simon's personal task.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The Lion is a fantastic model.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

When does 30k get a Young Eldrad model when he's all upbeat and active and not ossifying crystal?

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Bile looking as unimpressed with the universe as always. Perfect.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
The Lionel have a helmetless option, I wonder.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Shockeh posted:

The Lionel have a helmetless option, I wonder.

If you watch the video reveal he has a helmet-less option and can have the chainsword or a sword.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I'm guessing.most of the 40k stuff will be unveiled on April the 4th.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I was also hoping for more 40k (and Necromunda) details, so fingers crossed!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Depends on what it is. If it's primaris bikes and speeders etc it will dominate the thing. Could be a wet fart with a bunch of their television shows that I really don't care about.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Cruel fate mocks my need for the new AdMech models.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Get shmorky to do the cartoon it would be better than the one they showed us imo

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Yeah there's no way PA8 was the only 40k news they had for Adepticon. 2017 was about 8E. 2018 was the next few codexes and confirmation that Sisters were coming back. 2019 was Apocalypse, Slaanesh, & first hints at PA.

Wonder if they'll still go ahead with a big reveal like 9E when the release date is now so uncertain.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Small marines had a pretty rough turn of rolling that was saved by one or two clutch damage rolls.

Movement:

Per a suggestion the tactical marines moved far enough up to barely be in range of their objective.

The Razorbacks moved up just enough to be outside of a maximum charge range of the intercessor blob turn 2.

The predator moved up to block LOS with the suppressors.

Shooting:

I opened up with the tactical marines, as they would both be putting their heavy weapons into the invictor. Neither managed to do anything, except for 2 wounds (and one successful FNP) to the invictor from the lascannon. The objective 4 bolters went into the infiltrators, with no result.

The first razorback hit with both lascannons but failed to wound with one. It made up for this by rolling a hard 6 for damage, and the invictor failed all FNP.

The second razorback failed both wounds. I broke my rule and threw in a command re-roll, as with 6 wounds remaining I wasn't even sure the predator would knock it out. Rerolling the wound it was successful, and ANOTHER 6 was rolled for damage, and the Invictor failed ANOTHER 6 FNP. It did not explode.

This freed the Predator to fire on the Hellblasters. It had a good round of shooting, hitting and wounding with 5 autocannon shots, but the Hellblasters made 3 5+ saves, stopping a squad wipe and leaving 2 marines. The heavy bolters took another wound off, leaving one 1 wound hellblaster and the sergeant at full profile.

Outcome:

Casualties.

The Smallmarines don't present a lot of targets for effective primaris shooting, and the only charge that seems likely is from the infiltrators, which looks to be a 7-8" charge. Assuming the Primaris continue to move up the board the small marines will likely be able to deploy their characters, small marines and assault marines and have some fairly reliable charges for their characters.

The Biglies have a choice to make. They can sit tight and use their superior anti infantry shooting or push up and try to pop a razorback. If they can pop a razorback they have a lot of character targeting that can possibly neuter any counter charge.

Objective 4 will be double valued, which is likely the most interesting possible outcome. If the Biglies shoot into the tactical squad on the hill I WILL be removing models in a way that lengthens the Infiltrators' charge.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'd delay 9th for twelve months given consumer discretionary is hosed up right now and there's very little chance that a 2020 launch would see the kind of success they're expecting.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

I'd delay 9th for twelve months given consumer discretionary is hosed up right now and there's very little chance that a 2020 launch would see the kind of success they're expecting.

A poor launch would still be better than just having nothing to release for a year.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Picture dump time! First is a bunch of stuff I finished painting this month. I know Skaven aren't 40k, but I'm including him anyway cause he's my little evil murder-rat and I love him.

And these models are old, but I'm starting to get the hang of taking fancy pictures, and I wanted a couple shots of my Kill Teams.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Booley posted:

A poor launch would still be better than just having nothing to release for a year.

I'm not so sure. A lot of money is going to be missing from the global market after this and releasing their major update would be a pretty big risk on a few levels.

I think they'll go ahead as planned but there are going to be some pretty big problems with third party stockists purchasing new stuff as well as ongoing supply disruption. Bojo bucks might carry the day tho.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Duct Tape posted:

Incredible post of gorgeous minis

Well poo poo, I've got to get my quarantine rear end active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Duct Tape posted:

Picture dump time! First is a bunch of stuff I finished painting this month. I know Skaven aren't 40k, but I'm including him anyway cause he's my little evil murder-rat and I love him.

And these models are old, but I'm starting to get the hang of taking fancy pictures, and I wanted a couple shots of my Kill Teams.

God drat, these are crisp.