Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Homeless Friend posted:

Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - COVID RESISTANT. Many such cases!

lol

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Paramemetic posted:

Prices of body disposal are likely to increase as the demand for body disposal increases; mortuary services are cross elastic with supply of bodies

the room around me starts swirling with numbers and shifting lines on graphs

get Bernie on the case

the other Bernie

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

VectorSigma posted:

it's gonna turn out this virus isn't from a chinese person eating a bat, but an american trying to gently caress one

Buddy,

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Didn't a shitload of Korea / Vietnam vets get TB vaccines, or was that just anthrax?

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

TBH - this should have been done 2 weeks ago with NY, CA, and WA

This is why.

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1238643280679563265

We should have been in a lockdown since the start of March.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Paramemetic posted:

someone posted a twitter discussion yesterday speculating that BCG would at least grant a non-specified immune boost that could be protective against infection, but that anyone with recent vaccinations would tend to have the same thing

it's really unclear at this point whether BCG itself is protective if administered in adulthood or whether it's something about what it does when administered in infancy, but the study here seems to relate it to BCG itself so it's worth investigating

the real problem here is these kinds of studies still take time, but a big benefit to BCG is it's already known to be safe
Does it being "already known to be safe" normally necessarily preclude it from somehow making the immune system overreaction to COVID worse if it's given right before someone gets infected? (I don't know biology so hopefully this isn't possible, but I'm just saying.)

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

this is nice and all. but we would just like to not die.

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
I heard someone in here had an idea that TB vaccine could help against Coronavirus. Anything happen with that?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

NotNut posted:

I heard someone in here had an idea that TB vaccine could help against Coronavirus. Anything happen with that?

You're clearly in search of forums hero twoday whose theories seem to have some promise

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
imagining the CSpam-2 coronavirus thread where BCG pseudo science is run out of town and Prester Jane was right about everything

mystes
May 31, 2006

NotNut posted:

Real scientists are looking into it now including an actual clinical trial in Australia.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - COVID RESISTANT. Many such cases!

Healthy young child gets a cough, goes to doctor

Says "doc, I've got a dry cough and fever. What should I do"

Doc says "the great virus Corona is in town, go get tested and see if that changes things"

Patient says "but doc, it's just a flu"

Patient dies, everyone laughs

Good joke

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1244046638844444673?s=20

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

NotNut posted:

Well, some people have highlighted some interesting correlations but there is nothing solid yet. Nothing much new compared to a few days ago. Someone linked a tweet about it in one of the threads earlier.

[edit] The vaccine in question is commonly called the BCG vaccine.

Munin fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 29, 2020

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
I'm pickin my nose (at a socially safe distance) like a boss hog motherfucker

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Yesh posted:

I'm pickin my nose (at a socially safe distance) like a boss hog motherfucker

me too but I filled my nostrils with sanitizer first to be safe

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Looks like India's handling quarantine well.

https://twitter.com/s_kanth/status/1243934629997867008-

mystes
May 31, 2006

Munin posted:

Well, some people have highlighted some interesting correlations but there is nothing solid yet. Nothing much new compared to a few days ago. Someone linked a tweet about it in one of the threads earlier.
There was a preprint of an article about the correlations that someone posted today, but since there's a clinical trial in Australia where they're giving it to people now that's probably more important than papers looking at the statistics of whether the death rate is different in countries where people were given it at birth and we should probably just wait for the results of that at this point.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

man if it actually turns out that they were spraying the virus from commercial jets and activated it with 5G im just gonna go live in the woods and eat mice

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

zegermans posted:

lol we hit 1000 deaths like 3 days ago

Were on track for the total to double every two days soon

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

VectorSigma posted:

man if it actually turns out that they were spraying the virus from commercial jets and activated it with 5G im just gonna go live in the woods and eat mice

it's very likely

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

facetoucher cat posted:

Lmao we're going on shelter in place in my county at 9pm tonight and I just heard some bro who was walking his dog trying to convince someone on his phone to come over before that because he wouldn't see her for a while. Sorry buddy from the sounds of it she said no and I'm sure you're not supposed to try and get in one last time before the window closes

Can't blame a guy for trying.

mystes
May 31, 2006

VectorSigma posted:

Wow, the Illuminati have 5G already?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

if ur afraid of 5G, just go inside a building, it can't hurt you there

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Paramemetic posted:

someone posted a twitter discussion yesterday speculating that BCG would at least grant a non-specified immune boost that could be protective against infection, but that anyone with recent vaccinations would tend to have the same thing

it's really unclear at this point whether BCG itself is protective if administered in adulthood or whether it's something about what it does when administered in infancy, but the study here seems to relate it to BCG itself so it's worth investigating

the real problem here is these kinds of studies still take time, but a big benefit to BCG is it's already known to be safe

I think a few days ago they were going to do an actual experiment by vaccinating hospital staff. Considering how many get infected, I think we'll find out soon enough if it does anything.

E:
Beaten, this is what I meant. It's going to be way more useful.

mystes posted:

There was a preprint of an article about the correlations that someone posted today, but since there's a clinical trial in Australia where they're giving it to people now that's probably more important than papers looking at the statistics of whether the death rate is different in countries where people were given it at birth and we should probably just wait for the results of that at this point.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 29, 2020

mystes
May 31, 2006

Can someone explain what's going on in this video?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
i have begun making my own hot sauce, some fresh home-made flavor to add to my black beans and rice as soon as it finishes fermenting.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BeijingPalmer/status/1244052037056282625?s=20

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mystes posted:

Appears to be migrant workers flooding a bus station in Delhi.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I'm reading Daily Mail comments to get a feel on how the worst people in the world are viewing this crisis, many appear to be blaming New Yorkers for spreading their diseases into Florida and other states.

I wonder if the next chud line of attack is to blame liberal cities for outbreaks elsewhere.

yes obv

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

mystes posted:

I would assume that is a line of essential workers shuffling through a guard checkpoint

Edit: wait, packed bags? People fleeing the city?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_rttgtyigc

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1244050823971254273?s=20
:piss:

mystes
May 31, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

Appears to be migrant workers flooding a bus station in Delhi.
Are they all coming in or trying to get back home?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Epic High Five posted:

people afraid of 5G are at least consistent, because they're afraid of sunlight and that's far worse

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

mystes posted:

India is going to die

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Epic High Five posted:

you have to be careful because 5G accumulates in basements and crawlspaces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mystes posted:

It's one thing to say "I can't discuss that" or "we have to respect China's position." It's another to pretend you can't hear the question, say "let's move on" when asked if you want the question repeated, hang up, and then when asked about covid in Taiwan to respond "I already answered about Covid in China :smug:" There are a million ways to handle the situation without sucking up to China, but the way he did it is unquestionably sucking up to China.

Thank you for standing up to the Chinese hegemony strangling our media freedom
https://twitter.com/MsMelChen/status/1244022343523074048?s=20