Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

maffew buildings posted:

In the fleet was there more emphasis on being rah rah Navy and involved in the command and talking big about your last/next command and all the stuff you've done in your rate previously and staying long hours while doing nothing and also being utterly inept at your job or was that just a Seabee thing

Nah that's everywhere

Edited to add the quote to this lovely snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Seconded.

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl
My “fave” CMC loved to brag about coming from a sub that fired tomahawks to come “fix” the surface fleet. He shut up quick when I reminded him the most recent surface ship to do it was only after their triad got fired for their dumb drunken escapades on port calls

A SOF Marine
May 29, 2013
Just an update re: PSNS

The Commander sent out an e-mail this morning noting that a sailor on a ship inside the CIA (she couldn’t identify the ship due to “naval policy” it was later identified as the USS CARL VINSON by The Kitsap Sun) tested positive for COVID-19. No mention of the additional 3 sailors who tested positive at NBK Bangor. We’ve been assured that they had zero contact with the civil service workforce and only interacted with folks on the “medical” barge.

She did, however, let us know that the chemistry lab at PSNS has made some hooch hand sanitizer for everyone’s enjoyment. Oh, and also that the USAG letter most definitely applies to civil servants and contractors. So, show up to work shipmates, and make sure we all think about THE MISSION, and THE SCHEDULE.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Well if the mission is to supply more bodies to test ventilators I guess you're on the right track.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Incredibly happy I am socially distanced from the MIC right now.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
lol. Just found out this morning that the country I'm getting MOB'd to in a couple weeks is cancelling all entry visas, forcing all incoming passengers to be tested for COVID-19, and all passengers coming from countries with COVID-19 outbreaks are required by law to maintain a 14 day quarantine regardless of test outcome.

I wonder if USFF is even aware of this.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

AlternateNu posted:

lol. Just found out this morning that the country I'm getting MOB'd to in a couple weeks is cancelling all entry visas, forcing all incoming passengers to be tested for COVID-19, and all passengers coming from countries with COVID-19 outbreaks are required by law to maintain a 14 day quarantine regardless of test outcome.

I wonder if USFF is even aware of this.

I don’t think we can even move until May 11th. The secnavy interview was hilarious.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

LingcodKilla posted:

I don’t think we can even move until May 11th. The secnavy interview was hilarious.

Got a link?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
We initially got told that we can't get a new NFO who would be PCSing all of 300 feet from the next hangar over. I think they're fixing that particular glitch, but I've still got two pilots farmed out to deployed carriers that I can't get back, and the other folks I was planning to send to replace them all got canceled.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

AlternateNu posted:

Got a link?

Apparently my flatemate here was listening to it on Facebook from MyNavy HR

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

LingcodKilla posted:

Apparently my flatemate here was listening to it on Facebook from MyNavy HR

Found it. Yeah, it was just a press conference. SECNAVY(acting), CNO, and MCPON were there. Mainly focused on COVID cases on the Roosevelt. Really nothing re: reservists outside of mentioning reserve medical personnel getting mobilized as necessary/possible. >_>

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

AlternateNu posted:

Found it. Yeah, it was just a press conference. SECNAVY(acting), CNO, and MCPON were there. Mainly focused on COVID cases on the Roosevelt. Really nothing re: reservists outside of mentioning reserve medical personnel getting mobilized as necessary/possible. >_>

Yeaaaaaah. Not sure that’s a great idea.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
We've already gotten the call from the our active component seeing if anyone wants to go on ADT/AT orders to Norfolk to support them which is....odd.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Welp, CNFJ went pseudo lockdown. Bizarre considering I can still go to the store and no other branch has done anything. Also bizarre considering stateside is a wildfire and Japan...

Translation: 2020 cruise at all costs!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/DavidLarter/status/1242893995161903104?s=19

Gonna be of NJPs for fraternization

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

hey

what

boot camp is extended, stand by

until when

until shut the gently caress up, that's when

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

And people asked me why I got out before my shore rotation...

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lol

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
My brothers a SAMI at RDC and in quarantine in his house. Hes been directed to...buy groceries and mow lawns of other people in quarantine once his 14 days are up.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

lol these kids are gonna win the prize for stupid boot camp stories

now imagine being in ad sep for all those lol

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

I served with that guy a couple of years ago, he's a good dude. Funny seeing people you know in articles. That suuuucks though.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Last minute call from USFF this morning. Still reporting on my RLD, but I'm not going to ECRC until May now. >_>

Reserves! Wooooo!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

AlternateNu posted:

Last minute call from USFF this morning. Still reporting on my RLD, but I'm not going to ECRC until May now. >_>

Reserves! Wooooo!

Count yourself lucky to stay at home.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Oh, I'm not complaining. Glad it was decided before I stepped on a plane. But still.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

lol these kids are gonna win the prize for stupid boot camp stories

Me: :chiefsay: No one cares about your boot camp stories, IS3/IS2 Who Gives A gently caress

Also Me: :chiefsay: This reminds me of being at sea / being in Afghanistan / being ashore. [Spends next 10 minutes on a story]

Really gonna miss having people have to listen to my interminable sea stories like Abe Simpson.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nick Soapdish posted:

Me: :chiefsay: No one cares about your boot camp stories, IS3/IS2 Who Gives A gently caress

Also Me: :chiefsay: This reminds me of being at sea / being in Afghanistan / being ashore. [Spends next 10 minutes on a story]

Really gonna miss having people have to listen to my interminable sea stories like Abe Simpson.

Unless you're planning on dying soon you can just carry that poo poo into your after military job and continue on like nothing changed.

My current boss is an AD Navy Chief who hasn't ever deployed because he's a CTN lol.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

orange juche posted:

My current boss is an AD Navy Chief who hasn't ever deployed because he's a CTN lol.

They say Ft Meade has the gnarliest chief initiation because of exactly this. Gotta be extra navy.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

King of Bees posted:

They say Ft Meade has the gnarliest chief initiation because of exactly this. Gotta be extra navy.

Any time you put CTs in charge of anything they take it too far. That's just how it goes

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Nick Soapdish posted:

In the civilian world we have interns for that.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

There is a 60-day all stop to travel for DOD. That being said, we are getting exceptions for CONUS travel. For those of you still in Norfolk, you will all receive an ORDMOD to have you return to your NOSCs. Please let me know ASAP if this will be an issue. I expect to be able to request travel for early next week once all ORDMODs are approved. Thank you again for your patience and please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Yes!

A SOF Marine
May 29, 2013
PSNS is yanking the leash on Admin Leave and presumably telework already. This with two carriers three carriers with documented cases.

Lookin’ sharp!

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

A SOF Marine posted:

PSNS is yanking the leash on Admin Leave and presumably telework already. This with two carriers three carriers with documented cases.

Lookin’ sharp!

Didn't know CFAY's 2 cases from last night were on the boat. I knew ships company would find it, right before our regularly scheduled deployment.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

A little morale booster for my brothers and sisters in the Navy:

https://twitter.com/KeejayOV2/status/1243960752320413696?s=20

You're in better shape now than you have been for many many decades

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

MrMojok posted:

A little morale booster for my brothers and sisters in the Navy:

https://twitter.com/KeejayOV2/status/1243960752320413696?s=20

You're in better shape now than you have been for many many decades

Moments like these are when I thank God that I'm no longer subject to the UCMJ.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
Can science explain why I'm considered mission essential enough to have normal working hours but our admiral is on blue/gold?

Dorstein
Dec 8, 2000
GIP VSO
Edit: Lol posted in wrong thread.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Red Crown posted:

Can science explain why I'm considered mission essential enough to have normal working hours but our admiral is on blue/gold?

Thanks to our understanding of gravity, yes. Turns out poo poo rolls downhill.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

Thanks to our understanding of gravity, yes. Turns out poo poo rolls downhill.

Is blue/gold different than port and starboard? Sounds to me like Red Crown is catching a break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Red Crown posted:

Admirals don't actually do anything essential