Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Friend lives next door to a Tory MP and his wife, who are supposedly self-isolating. Last night the MP had family visitors who drove over, spent a few hours having dinner and hanging out with them and then left because of course government guidance on a pandemic can be ignored if you're a smug Tory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Yeah it definitely wasn't Dorries, the Tory MP that Boris was spending loads of time with in close confines.

vvv I thought Trump's approval rating was really high at the moment.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 28, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Hezbolsonaro/status/1243941698729730051

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Lungboy posted:

Among Americans, sure. This appears to be a survey of Canadians

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

look at the best approval rating

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jose posted:

look at the best approval rating

I don't know anything about Francois Legault

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He's the premier of Quebec and Canadians love him

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Friend lives next door to a Tory MP and his wife, who are supposedly self-isolating. Last night the MP had family visitors who drove over, spent a few hours having dinner and hanging out with them and then left because of course government guidance on a pandemic can be ignored if you're a smug Tory.

Name shame now

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1243823098962620417

Man this country never ceases to amaze me in the worst ways possible.

The Question IRL posted:

But what if you really want a kid? Like my wife and I have been trying already before this happened. So we aren't going to stop for this.

Then go ahead. Just know its possible you'll end up on a ward that's full yet massively short staffed, with a midwife looking after far more patients than is recommended.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Lungboy posted:

Well, higher for him. He is still underwater overall even with the "rally to the flag" effect in play. He is still trending positive though so he might still make it to a positive approval rating next month!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Name shame now

Seriously if there's any point at which dobbing in your neighbours for not obeying the rules IS appropriate it's when those neighbours are the ones setting the fuckign rules whilst ignoring them.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Mega Comrade posted:

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1243823098962620417

Man this country never ceases to amaze me in the worst ways possible.

Then go ahead. Just know its possible you'll end up on a ward that's full yet massively short staffed, with a midwife looking after far more patients than is recommended.

Rally around the flag & cloak yourself in an nhs patient towel , pretty much expected in a crisis

Let’s see what people think on the down slope of the curve after summer

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yeah, this is the time at which it looks to the less-informed like the government is being effective and useful, rather than the time it turns out they were lovely and killed people.

Whether the latter time will come for the majority will depend on a lot of things, we shall see.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

There's a chance corona will bring a blind justice to them actual lol if it does.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Ummmm...

https://twitter.com/SkidRowRadio_YT/status/1243980581328826368

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

This is the sort of thing that could be forwarded to a paper. Probably both a local paper and a national

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

OwlFancier posted:

I know that I completely do not get the appeal of child having but I really, really do suggest thinking about whether it's worth the risk to your SO or yourself at the moment. It feels a bit like a younger version of the demented old boomer going on the radio to talk about being willing to die to go to the beach.

I sort of get the comparison but at the same time I think it's not the exact same.

Firstly my wife and I are above 34. Without giving our ages away, we are at an age where if we don't have more kids soon, we wont have any kids.

Secondly, as I said we had already been trying before this happened. And just because you are trying doesn't mean you succeed. It is the whole "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" situation.
And then you have the time factor. Even if we got pregnant this month, the baby won't be born until January. I know we would have to be going into hospitals before this many times (friends of ours are due in July. And the dad has been told that he can't go into the antenatal classes.)

Thirdly our daughter was stillborn last year. So we both made the decision to try again as we really want a family and to honour her memory.

Lastly we live in Ireland and while the whole thing has been scary, our government and the people are doing a decent job of keeping the whole situation managed.
The country was predicted to have 15,000 cases by the end of the month. With social distancing and decisive leadership, current figures are 2,415 cases. So we are likely to be below predictions by the end of the month.
It's early days and we do have to stay indoors for all but essential reasons but we have hope here.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
People, look after yourselves whilst you can, I have a horrible feelings things are going to get pretty crazy in terms of the public response to continued self isolation, lockdown and the government's response

If that means preemptively raiding and looting your neighbours homes for tools, food and supplies so be it, make sure you've got a decent bit of wood or maybe a bat to defend yourself against the raiders, seen a couple of them skulking around recently, got me nervous got me hosed up

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Mate chill the gently caress out, reach out to your support network and don't post on the internet after midnight.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

forkboy84 posted:

This is the sort of thing that could be forwarded to a paper. Probably both a local paper and a national

I'm trying to get my friend to tell me who it is. I think he's worried because there aren't many other homes nearby so he thinks it'll be obvious it was him who passed it on.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

CancerCakes posted:

Mate chill the gently caress out, reach out to your support network and don't post on the internet after midnight.

What support network

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Ash Crimson posted:

People, look after yourselves whilst you can, I have a horrible feelings things are going to get pretty crazy in terms of the public response to continued self isolation, lockdown and the government's response

If that means preemptively raiding and looting your neighbours homes for tools, food and supplies so be it, make sure you've got a decent bit of wood or maybe a bat to defend yourself against the raiders, seen a couple of them skulking around recently, got me nervous got me hosed up

Lay of the drugs dude.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

Lay of the drugs dude.

Weed isn't a drug, it's a plant

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fake news!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Ash Crimson posted:

Weed isn't a drug, it's a plant

Poppy's a plant too mate.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Chew coca leaves everyone! I am sure the extra alertness and energy will be great while cooped up inside.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Ash Crimson posted:

Please don't hurt anyone.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
Anyone *trying* to have a kid right now is a loving idiot. Just wait a year ffs

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Ash Crimson posted:

Whatever you’re on, stop taking it, and for gently caress’s sake don’t go full tory on the poor bastards living next door.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

My partners sister is due her first baby in London in mid May and we are stuck in Australia with no chance of getting back to the UK soon. Just hoping for the best

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
I take it that Takeaways should probably be avoided under the guise of potential contamination? I've seen the question pop up a couple of times in various threads so I was wondering if there is no right answer to that. Best advice I've seen so far is that if you get something, liberate it from its packaging, dump said packaging, wash ones hands and then microwave whatever it is for a minute or so to be safe.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Pretty much, and of course avoid food that is served cold.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
If you can heat it to 70C for 30min, it'll be fine. Any oven can do this.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Ash Crimson posted:

Stop taking drugs and calm the gently caress down, and I say this as someone with my red text avatar for having a predilection towards defending ones self and property with violence towards people robbing other people. I haven't seen or heard of any looting or raiding, you are posting nonsense.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

I'm trying to get my friend to tell me who it is. I think he's worried because there aren't many other homes nearby so he thinks it'll be obvious it was him who passed it on.

He needs to come forward with details asap and stand by what he is spreading, lest people just assume hes making up lovely whatsapp/facebook fake news.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
In these trying times, it's good to see that the Guardian's got it's priorities straight:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/28/yes-jeremy-corbyn-is-still-here-and-hes-still-right-about-everything

That's right, it's an 'I hate Jeremy Corbyn' article!

Smug Guardian 'journalist' posted:

While I would never trivialise coronavirus, at least we’ve been spared mass gatherings of people in “Just say Jez” T-shirts sobbing mawkish goodbyes to the man who “won the argument”, while tanking two general elections (including the worst Labour result for 85 years). He also presided over a culture of (cough) “alleged” antisemitism now under investigation by the Equality and Human Rights Commission, and facilitated Brexit.

The article also finds time for a bizarrely pointless attack on Kim Kardashian and a final whine about how perhaps now people will finally understand how difficult and taxing working from home all the time is (as the author obviously does). Great stuff Guardian, really took my mind off the coronavirus :cheers:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Burn all these people in an incinerator

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Clocks going forward always tricks me.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Jippa posted:

Clocks going forward always tricks me.

I set two alarms to make sure I wouldn't be late for work this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Dell_Zincht posted:

Burn all these people in an incinerator

Tories? I agree.