Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
All the new york wimps fleeing da gradest ciddy in da woild baybee are going to miss out on all the best loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Hamelekim posted:

So when the death toll hits 50k I wonder what Trump will do.

wait about...

*fiddles with slide rule*

...9 days to find out

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

So at this rate of growth currently...how long till we reach 50k deaths in America? Mid April?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

All the new york wimps fleeing da gradest ciddy in da woild baybee are going to miss out on all the best loot.

eyyy love da *coughs spleen out* eyyyy u got some marinara

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

LazyDivey posted:

So at this rate of growth currently...how long till we reach 50k deaths in America? Mid April?

Doubles every 3 days right? 2000 today, 4000 on the 1st... 8000, 16k, 32, 64k

April 13th which is coincidentally Easter Sunday when we're all going back to normal.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Rah! posted:

if the cops dont feel like actively sharing their reports with the media, or there is no local media that gives a poo poo about reporting on crime, its not guaranteed that it will make it to the news, and many people will never know about it

i used to follow crime news in SF hella closely and there were multiple incidents of say, shootings in fancy rich people areas, where fancy folks or tourists or whoever got shot during a robbery. The kind of thing you would expect to make it to the big local news outlets, but the most attention those incidents got was a tiny blurb in the police blotter section of a free newspaper with no website, that went out of business after a year, that nobody except for me ever looked at lol. if you asked residents in those fancy neighborhoods if shootings ever happen there, 99% of them would vehemently deny it because the big news outlets never mentioned it lol

yeh fair enough. i heard about this rich guy in qld getting kidnapped and they mailed his finger to his family or some poo poo, and it didnt make thr news

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

LazyDivey posted:

we will find out together. until the federal government bans reporting the totals

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Wait what day is easter the 12th? Also is it the total deaths that double every 3 days or just the new deaths or is it both?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Solarin posted:

we will find out together. until the federal government bans reporting the totals

'Natural causes' is all the rage now.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
plagueship update: they're letting the ship through the Panama canal to Ft. Lauderdale. lol sorry Florida but at least my uncle might make it out of this alive.

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

They've got the map all wrong.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

lo carb Lo Pan posted:

donny is taking far too long to kill us all. bad president imo

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Getting excited to experience the last full month that America exists.

don’t forget to catch up on your steam backlog!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

LazyDivey posted:

50k total in 8 days, April 6. 50k per day should be reached in 11 days, April 9.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

lo carb Lo Pan posted:

I don't know if I would rather live in the Burger King Burgerzone or Gay Texas

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

theyre going to be insufferable 9/11 troop heroes after this and totally huff their own farts about it lmao

you know, I think maybe I'm ok with it?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mourne posted:

Thank you goons,

for indulging my hysteria and panic, even if for a moment.

it’s good to know that we have some small glimmers of hope with regard to food in philly being handed out.

I wish you all the very best, and I truly mean this when I say stay safe and that all our lives are important.

I’m scared, my wife works in a hospital and comes home and cries. she’s scared too.

let’s all do our best to manage this crisis as best we can.

stay safe. stay strong and...

I love you all. I mean that.

I'm really feeling you on that. I spent a while delivering groceries for people who couldn't shop but after a while had to give up because getting my partner sick if I picked up something was worse than helping people get food. Whole lot of very obvious trolley problems going on right now and it loving sucks having to pull the lever.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

lol mount airy bout to become mount scary

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I think I have just reached peak catastrophe zen and am okay with whatever comes next.

My beans remain untouched.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Rah! posted:

inceltown likes fight song lmao

This is lies. I like nothing.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Hamelekim posted:

So when the death toll hits 50k I wonder what Trump will do.

hes going to tweet and do mad good pressers, I imagine

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

What the gently caress is a cum gun

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Zeriel posted:

it's a penis

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Rah! posted:

nothing i said implied that cops dont control reports for PR purposes you giant dumbass

though i wouldn't agree with you about "every crime", because some things happen in a way where lots of people notice it happened, whether the cops tell the media about it or not

I wasn't making a point about your post being wrong and more a general point about how reading something about a crime is almost certainly an agenda being pushed by the police.

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

VectorSigma posted:

donny is taking far too long to kill us all. bad president imo

The debates are going to have Trumo on a ventilator on stage hugging a flag and a glitching Biden AI deepfake on screen while the moderators yell back and forth at each other "VIRUS GETS TO KILL US!" "NO, NUMBER GETS TO KILL US!"

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

cum guns cure cum infections

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Ace of Space posted:

I, for one, accept Gritty as our new sovereign.

gently caress that, bernie or bust

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

in what world is looking through the list for the emoji preferable to just typing a number

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

lo carb Lo Pan posted:

The debates are going to have Trumo on a ventilator on stage hugging a flag and a glitching Biden AI deepfake on screen while the moderators yell back and forth at each other "VIRUS GETS TO KILL US!" "NO, NUMBER GETS TO KILL US!"

Delta wave irradiated Hillary Clinton in a Captain Pike-esque wheelchair rolls in and beeps in protest.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BattleMaster posted:

in what world is looking through the list for the emoji preferable to just typing a number

How do you do fellow children world.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

LazyDivey posted:

Delta wave irradiated Hillary Clinton in a Captain Pike-esque wheelchair rolls in and beeps in protest.

then dark helmet walks in, puts up his visor/mask, and its bernie. he says evil always wins, because libs are dumb.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Zeriel posted:

A miserable little pile of secretions?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Inceltown posted:

How do you do fellow children world.

lol

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

gonna be so mad if i'm dead before i get my trumpbux

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Scarodactyl posted:

:golfclap:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

there's such an extreme dissonance between "holy poo poo america is collapsing and hospitals are overrun" and my actual life which is "pace around my apartment for the 700th time, check the fridge, go 'I'm not actually hungry I'm just bored' and boot up another video game to play for 15 minutes before deciding the dopamine receptors aren't doing it for me today"

slow-motion apocalypses suck!!!

dont doxx me lol

it was my birthday yesterday and today has just been major funk feelz. genuinely feeling real off physically and mentally today, not something i'm used to. i think i just need to go outside more, gunna do a long hr jog and try to make my body sore af, get those sweet DOMS going

Xaris fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Mar 29, 2020

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

VectorSigma posted:

then dark helmet walks in, puts up his visor/mask, and its bernie. he says evil always wins, because libs are dumb.

Then suddenly a rainbow of dazzling colors enters the sky and atop a fanciful and majestic unicorn sits JEB! In full Sailor Moon attire. His golden tiara shines bright in the sun as all of mankind looks upon him and claps.

El Pipila
Dec 30, 2006
I am invincible; I have a stone on my back!

Scarodactyl posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

SKULL.GIF posted:

speaking personally I'd rather get the doctor who has 5 months of experience dealing with the holyshit plague than the doctor with 2 days experience going "hmm I don't know about this"

:thunk: