Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I guess in my case the perhaps pandering decision to make the western release have Dad Nier was a good one because I hope that version comes out too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if porting the original Nier is a good idea - it's got a lot rougher gameplay than Automata, doesn't it?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

anilEhilated posted:

Not sure if porting the original Nier is a good idea - it's got a lot rougher gameplay than Automata, doesn't it?

Yeah

but it is still a hella good game that needs to be experienced

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It's also not a straight port. It's confirmed to be some tier of remake, new VA for the whole thing, and the staff being cagey about if it's gonna be "just" Nier again.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I think they might change the ending.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Grimoire Weiss will have a massive rear end.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Alamoduh posted:

I really liked railway empires. I think it’s fairly simple compared to what I’ve read about Transport Tycoon (haven’t played it) but you can go hog wild tediously building switches and signals and all that if you want to, or there is an option to turn that off, which I did. It is a supply chain/ research game with scenarios, but I like the maps, and on higher difficulties the AI can put up a challenge, though it’s pretty passive on lower difficulties.

I also liked rise of industry, which is a similar logistics/supply chain game that is not as pretty and generally not as good, but still worth a play.

Cool, thanks, being able to turn off all the signal stuff actually sounds really appealing for more casual play.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what was wrong with the Automata port? It ran fine for me.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wiltsghost posted:

Wait, what was wrong with the Automata port? It ran fine for me.

It was really hit or miss. it worked great for some people but ran terribly for others with no real rhyme or reason.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

It was really hit or miss. it worked great for some people but ran terribly for others with no real rhyme or reason.

Oh, didn't know that. Bummer, what a great game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Pain Elemental toy location in Doom Eternal.

Why?

Especially when punching the wall will knock you back, so you only have ONE shot at hitting the loving right spot mid-fall.

If that's the one where you're falling down that long-rear end shaft: you can dash through breakable walls too.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Demoncrawl is currently half-off until the end of month. The game didn't really click with me at first, but after a game or two I started warming up to it. The thing is that there is a lot of depth to the game and you need to put just a little bit of effort going into it before the game starts showing its diabolical colours. I also like how the music reminds me of a long-lost fantasy SNES game.

TooShyGuy's review convinced me to give it a try because I sure as hell didn't think Minesweeper could be this engaging. I can't help but think of this as fast Hexcells.

Blattdorf fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Mar 29, 2020

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

if its not dad nier im not interested!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

RBA Starblade posted:

It's free on Game Pass but if anyone's looking for a new visual novel kind of game, Astrologaster's pretty good! Read the stars (badly) to determine the fates of various Victorian figures and mostly tell people they're about to get owned by a witch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpjyo5lP7Qc

Apparently it's a mobile port but it's a good length game and I've had no problems with the port itself except a bug that just got fixed

This game is wonderful. The voice acting is incredible and each character who visits you has their own theme tune sung in different medieval styles. It's a real labour of love.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

HopperUK posted:

This game is wonderful. The voice acting is incredible and each character who visits you has their own theme tune sung in different medieval styles. It's a real labour of love.
What a wonderful game indeed, and I might not have tried if not for Game Pass

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I could use a recommendation for 3-player multiplayer co-op, for laptops not built for gaming (lenovo-types).

I'm thinking maybe broforce, worms armageddon, monaco: what's yours is mine and/or maybe factorio if my desktop is the host? Any other recommendations?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Got dying light because this thread pointed out the massive sale. Its pretty good! It was even cheaper on steam than humble. I wish the invasions were shorter though, they really drag.

Weird to play as such a collosal rear end in a top hat.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Blattdorf posted:

Demoncrawl is currently half-off until the end of month. The game didn't really click with me at first, but after a game or two I started warming up to it. The thing is that there is a lot of depth to the game and you need to put just a little bit of effort going into it before the game starts showing its diabolical colours. I also like how the music reminds me of a long-lost fantasy SNES game.

TooShyGuy's review convinced me to give it a try because I sure as hell didn't think Minesweeper could be this engaging. I can't help but think of this as fast Hexcells.
The RNG in that game is insane. You can and frequently will encounter levels that are impossible. It feels like you either luck into a powerful combo of items, or get killed by needing to guess randomly. There really isn't any depth to the gameplay.

Orv
May 4, 2011

double nine posted:

I could use a recommendation for 3-player multiplayer co-op, for laptops not built for gaming (lenovo-types).

I'm thinking maybe broforce, worms armageddon, monaco: what's yours is mine and/or maybe factorio if my desktop is the host? Any other recommendations?

Castle Crashers is probably light enough for that, though maybe doesn't super hold up. Don't Starve Together is another survival/building option besides Factorio. Risk of Rain 1. Terraria. Alien Swarm and Magicka 1 might be a little on the heavy side but I couldn't say for sure.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So I decided to fire up Greedfall for the first time and I´m just wondering what kind of character is recommeded for this game? Is magic as OP and dull as it seemed to be when I watched a streamer play this at launch?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Orv posted:

Castle Crashers is probably light enough for that, though maybe doesn't super hold up. Don't Starve Together is another survival/building option besides Factorio. Risk of Rain 1. Terraria. Alien Swarm and Magicka 1 might be a little on the heavy side but I couldn't say for sure.
Speaking of builders, Terraria is definitely an option and one of the best games that it is possible to buy for only ten dollars. I have put hundreds of hours into that game, there is so much to do.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

what sort of EA state is Satisfactory in?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Ciaphas posted:

what sort of EA state is Satisfactory in?

The mechanics are robust and working well, but the game is probably like a year from release. They have 7 tiers of technology (out of 9? maybe) that you can unlock, and there is supposed to be a campaign like Subnautica in the final game but there's nothing of it present yet.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Dik Hz posted:

The RNG in that game is insane. You can and frequently will encounter levels that are impossible. It feels like you either luck into a powerful combo of items, or get killed by needing to guess randomly. There really isn't any depth to the gameplay.

I'll push through and see how the game develops. However, I find that the majority of losses have been due to me making a terrible move.

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY
you know the community recommended section in the store page ? Looks like some enterprising scammer has figured out how to get their steam review on that page for every game on there. something about PUBG and how you need to go to an address ending in ".xyz"

Is there any way to remove that cruft from my store page ? I don't think, under the best of circumstances, the community knows its rear end from its elbow.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

anilEhilated posted:

the first nier's gameplay is better

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

PHOOsun posted:

you know the community recommended section in the store page ? Looks like some enterprising scammer has figured out how to get their steam review on that page for every game on there. something about PUBG and how you need to go to an address ending in ".xyz"

Is there any way to remove that cruft from my store page ? I don't think, under the best of circumstances, the community knows its rear end from its elbow.

Use adblock like uBlock Origin to block that element. It's what I do to customize my Steam experience when Valve doesn't care about making it customizable.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

queeb posted:

if its not dad nier im not interested!

Yea, Poppa-Nier is my cannon Nier, but I'm sure I'll be able to mod this to swap the models or something. I don't think there was any exclusive dialog or anything. But I've been seriously considering getting a PS3 and the OG Nier again for -ages-, so this is a nice surprise.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Oxxidation posted:

the first nier's gameplay is better

:chloe:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Dik Hz posted:

it's minesweeper, yes.

this is actually part of the gameplay. as you play more you get more items and such that let you maximize your chances of getting through to the end. eventually you can expect to win the campaign most of the time

also the dev added a new mode that guarantees that all levels are solvable without guessing so you can just do that if the original way bugs you

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What's the name of that game with a cartoony artstyle, and which procedurally generates your characters' storylines as the game goes on? It's still on early access, IIRC.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Det_no posted:

Have you played Sleeping Dogs? If no, get that instead. GTA V is a colossal but charmless game propped up only by its own name.
:hmmyes: I haven't played GTA V myself but Sleeping Dogs is fantastic.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

CommissarMega posted:

What's the name of that game with a cartoony artstyle, and which procedurally generates your characters' storylines as the game goes on? It's still on early access, IIRC.

Wildermyth

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Thanks man!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

zedprime posted:

There's better digital tabletops but they're still like thick IRC clients in user friendliness and you can't flip the table.
The people we are playing with are not PC saavy at all (total ipad people) so friendliness for chat/set up is pretty important. Worked well with Steam. Basically went into a friend voice chat and then launched the game. They used their 10+ year old imac and built in speaker/mic. The echo the Mrs. and I had with our headsets was pretty terrible because of that (could hear our voices go through their speakers back to us) but it worked pretty well. Once they get their headsets from work I think we should be sitting pretty good.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Zereth posted:

:hmmyes: I haven't played GTA V myself but Sleeping Dogs is fantastic.
Sleeping Dogs makes some strange gameplay decisions and has a lot seriously gratuitous brutality in it, but it's definitely one of the best open-world crime games around. Tons better than Watchdogs, certainly.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Soysaucebeast posted:

Yea, Poppa-Nier is my cannon Nier, but I'm sure I'll be able to mod this to swap the models or something. I don't think there was any exclusive dialog or anything. But I've been seriously considering getting a PS3 and the OG Nier again for -ages-, so this is a nice surprise.
I almost started a new game of Nier the other day, when I dug out my old copy. That was one of the only Xbox 360 games (maybe the only game?) That I ever got 100% completion on. Even the goddamn flowers.

I always hear that Papa Nier is better than Brother Nier, but I'm kinda happy they went with Brother, if only because that'll be a bit fresher for me.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Cardiovorax posted:

Speaking of builders, Terraria is definitely an option and one of the best games that it is possible to buy for only ten dollars. I have put hundreds of hours into that game, there is so much to do.

For anyone that played Terraria at launch and put it down, give it another shot. The dev put an insane amount of content in for free since then, and continues to do so. It’s a whole new game. The latest update is slated to release this year. This is supposedly the final update, 9 years after launch, and it’s a big one.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Ragequit posted:

For anyone that played Terraria at launch and put it down, give it another shot. The dev put an insane amount of content in for free since then, and continues to do so. It’s a whole new game.
This really isn't an overstatement, by the way. The game has literally triple the content from when it started, all added in free updates and patches. It's the best ten dollars I ever spent on a game, in terms of pure value for the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Cardiovorax posted:

This really isn't an overstatement, by the way. The game has literally triple the content from when it started, all added in free updates and patches. It's the best ten dollars I ever spent on a game, in terms of pure value for the money.

I’ve honestly never seen a dev so dedicated to his game. Terraria is often in the top 25 for number of concurrent players on Steam, so that may have something to do with it.

Speaking of Terraria, does anyone know if it’s possible to reset achievements? I know the SAM tool can untick them, but does that allow them to be achieved again through normal play? I’d like to start from scratch if possible. Achievements often help me discover things I wouldn’t find on my own, so a reset would be nice.