Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Very good, but iirc he was banged up a decent bit during the year though he played through it. Worth the contract but I’d watch how he holds up

Yeah this was always the problem with Morse. He's awesome when he's healthy, but he's rarely healthy.

If salary cap wasn't a problem I'd still love to have him here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

My impression was that Morse was a solid starter but far from a Pro Bowler. He's probably overpaid but whatever. The Bills have cap space and I'd rather overpay for a B- starter than get a bargain for a D+ liability.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Good friend in college was a pretty decent highschool safety in alabama.

His team played Jamarcus Russell's in the state finals. we laugh about him now but Russell was probably the best QB recruit to ever come out of the state of Alabama. There's old footage of him at one of the Manning QB camps and he looks like Cam Newton out there size wise, but moved very well and just had a loving hose.

anyway my friend went in on a safety blitz and had a clean shot right at Russell. A second before he got there, russell noticed him and smiled.

My friend woke up with his facemask in the dirt. When he saw the video, russell had stiff armed straight down, knocked him unconscious, and uncorked a 50 yard TD pass. like it was nothing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

His team played Jamarcus Russell's in the state finals. we laugh about him now but Russell was probably the best QB recruit to ever come out of the state of Alabama. There's old footage of him at one of the Manning QB camps and he looks like Cam Newton out there size wise, but moved very well and just had a loving hose.

anyway my friend went in on a safety blitz and had a clean shot right at Russell. A second before he got there, russell noticed him and smiled.

My friend woke up with his facemask in the dirt. When he saw the video, russell had stiff armed straight down, knocked him unconscious, and uncorked a 50 yard TD pass. like it was nothing.

If Russell had a work ethic how good could he have been?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

This was considered a 3 star athlete btw if anyone wonders what college players look like compared to mortals

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

love the second one where he decides to stop loving around and just trucks the safety

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Russell had a work ethic how good could he have been?

Pretty good, but it's more complicated than that.

The closest thing he had to a father figure died right as he got to the NFL, and he went to the worst possible situation for him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Raku posted:

This was considered a 3 star athlete btw if anyone wonders what college players look like compared to mortals

Yeah, every now and then I go laugh at Danny Woodhead's college highlights.

Tiny little running back, not even worth drafting in the NFL, just putting up Barry Sanders career numbers in college.

Like there's probably some Germane Ifedi HS tape of him just crushing some poor bastards

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It’s funny seeing clips of 5 star offensive linemen in high school literally towering over everyone like they’re another species.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Raku posted:

That's mainly because no one scouted him for some reason. Local radio and such raved about him

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s funny seeing clips of 5 star offensive linemen in high school literally towering over everyone like they’re another species.

Or the ones that have too much size and not the athleticism, but good christ, he should not be allowed on a field:

Oh neat, Michael Jasper is now the head coach at Bethel!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/JeffMillerLAT/status/1243636434264702976?s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Or the ones that have too much size and not the athleticism, but good christ, he should not be allowed on a field:

Oh neat, Michael Jasper is now the head coach at Bethel!

Make the guy a running back and dare people to tackle him.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Make the guy a running back and dare people to tackle him.

Back in high school, our varsity football team played against this guy, who barely had an NFL career at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Olsen_(American_football)

That's exactly what they did with him on some snaps, and he murdered us. Just a straight bloodbath. Reminds you that guys who can't even crack a roster in the NFL are on another plane of existence entirely from the rest of us.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 27, 2020

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

The texans tried that against the chiefs in that shutout playoff loss. They had JJ Watt come in on offense. It uh...didn't work. Eric Berry made the stop i think.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

I grew up across town from Jonathan Stewart, who blew away the Washington state prep rushing record at Timberline HS. It was apparently a lot like this. "Man amongst boys" doesn't even begin to cut it, he was superhuman.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
lol

https://twitter.com/brandincooks/status/1243668577871265792?s=20

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Hell, Derrick Henry looked like that in college let alone high school.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Lol that story owns, so does the Larry Johnson one.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/blakemurphy7/status/1243693692545728512

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Has Cooks actually tweeted about wanting off the Rams? Because I assumed that was a quarantine tweet.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Remember when a Texans fans screamed "you suck!" at BoB and be melted down like a toddler

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/NFL_DougFarrar/status/1243921523976462339

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

:lol:

I really needed that.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

just remembered kelvin benjamin was on the chiefs last year

lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doctor Teeth posted:

just remembered kelvin benjamin was on the chiefs last year

lol

He made one productive catch which was more than I expected out of him!

I also remember Mahomes made what would have been one of his signature passes to Benjamin in crazy traffic that the announcers said was broken up but was really just a perfect pass. And Kelvin let it go through his hands of course.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So how high does the daily death count have to reach before the NFL stops pretending they can continue to go on as normal?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So how high does the daily death count have to reach before the NFL stops pretending they can continue to go on as normal?

I think the draft will happen no matter what and then they will put OTA’s and training camp on hold indefinitely.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ehud posted:

I think the draft will happen no matter what and then they will put OTA’s and training camp on hold indefinitely.

Can they really hold the draft on a night when a 9/11 essentially just happened that day?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If there's a sports league that would insist on holding games (without audiences) even during corona it's the NFL.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SKULL.GIF posted:

If there's a sports league that would insist on holding games (without audiences) even during corona it's the NFL.

Finally every team will know what its like to play for the chargers.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can they really hold the draft on a night when a 9/11 essentially just happened that day?

Suspect people will want a distraction, and frankly doing the draft via a 33 person Zoom meeting would be the most relatable thing the NFL has done in years.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’ll watch. Will you?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ehud posted:

I’ll watch. Will you?

poo poo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

I’ll watch. Will you?

I will

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Either a high draft prospect (Burrow, Tua, or similar) would have to die, or maybe an owner/GM. My bet it would take an owner dying a day before the draft for it to be cancelled.

Maybe 2. Likely 3.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If the rumors that they're going to turn it into a charity-ish event Rodger see's a chance to get some desperately needed good PR to go with the ad revenue from the draft.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Don't worry Trump will force a change in how covid deaths are counted to keep reporting lower than reality by then.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
You can't have high COVID-19 numbers if you don't have enough tests to go around.
(taps head).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Finally every team will know what its like to play for the chargers.

The chargers sell out every game.

Tampa on the other hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

a neat cape posted:

The chargers sell out every game.

Tampa on the other hand

How many of those attendees are Chargers fans?