Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Koishi Komeiji posted:

https://twitter.com/andraydomise/status/1243892948825243648
They are using this pandemic to attack unions while everyone is distracted.

And here I was thinking my union would shield me from this insanity. Maybe it still will.

edit: fawkin' affsmee snipe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mw49mk_x0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

really you want one of the ones that uses an instrument ruby for the contact point

Any spinning top enthusiast needs to watch this for the leading edge of spinning top design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp5r_9lyq14

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Animal-Mother posted:

And here I was thinking my union would shield me from this insanity. Maybe it still will.

edit: fawkin' affsmee snipe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mw49mk_x0

AFSCME went for Biden.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

bike tory posted:

I mean her dad very (in)famously was, but I don't think I've ever seen her take a political stance other than to be silent

I just mean as a person I guess, Ramsay and most celebrity chefs seem like reading assholes to deal with personally

she was married to saatchi

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

Any spinning top enthusiast needs to watch this for the leading edge of spinning top design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp5r_9lyq14

Gdi, I just watched a twenty minutes spinning top show. Was p cool, though.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Shame Boy posted:

I wonder if he has a drone operator on staff to get majestic pictures of his yacht like that wherever he goes.

nah he just sends his pilot up in the private helicopter

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Meanwhile, Newegg has found some masks to distribute as well, to loyal well paying customers.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Canada: we're so compassionate and kind compared to Americans

Also Canada:

https://twitter.com/StephenPunwasi/status/1244085181151092736?s=19

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Canada: we're so compassionate and kind compared to Americans

Also Canada:

first reply:

quote:

Until you've had to deal with them dedicating, intercourse, swapping scope and living at your business door (my case a restaurant) you don't know why he did it.

He could have called the police 10 times to no avail, the guy might be violent, threatening, unsanitary..

dont judge

Second isn't much better.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/charlesornstein/status/1244080152772050944
I love the naive assumption that if/when this blows over there is going to be functioning health insurance companies just chugging along like normal.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I love the naive assumption that if/when this blows over there is going to be functioning health insurance companies just chugging along like normal.

There will because the government will make tax-payers bail them out?

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Health insurance companies will simply refuse to pay for treatment citing "an act of god".

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Koishi Komeiji posted:

They'll refuse to pay out, get billions in bailout money making their much smaller losses good and then some, before raising premiums decidedly more than that 40%.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

A lotta black pilled goons in this thread that think health insurance companies are stronger than corona. The guys that run these companies aren't geniuses and they're not going to have a lot of clout if/when this blows over.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Koishi Komeiji posted:

A lotta black pilled goons in this thread that think health insurance companies are stronger than corona. The guys that run these companies aren't geniuses and they're not going to have a lot of clout if/when this blows over.

they’ll still have the money to bribe the poo poo out of lawmakers op

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I hope that's the case, but there's a long history of some of the worst institutions surviving plagues even stronger than before because of consolidation of power and bailouts/finances.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

World War Mammories posted:

Americans have been buying a lot of guns and the Hamptons are not a defensible position though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The lawmakers own the companies.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The lawmakers own the companies.

i think it's generally the other way around

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Orange Devil posted:

Americans have been buying a lot of guns and the Hamptons are not a defensible position though.

The chains are in our minds.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It's not even a matter of bribing. The companies will be like "welp we're either going bankrupt and saddling these X million people with all this debt OR you can bail us out"

And of course instead of using the opportunity to just let the fuckers go under and establish a halfway decent healthcare system, they'll be bailed out.

e: this is the best case scenario

voiceless anal fricative has issued a correction as of 19:31 on Mar 29, 2020

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

I can't imagine a world where kings don't rule everything so there will always be a monarchy, sorry that's just the way things are :shrug:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I can't imagine a world where kings don't rule everything so there will always be a monarchy, sorry that's just the way things are :shrug:
This, but unironically :smith:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Koishi Komeiji posted:

you're the one betting on corona-chan finally revealing the contradictions inherent in capitalism rather than mass movements overthrowing it, so idk

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Orange Devil posted:

When cwii kicks off the people with the guns are going to shoot brown people not the rich.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

you're the one betting on corona-chan finally revealing the contradictions inherent in capitalism rather than mass movements overthrowing it, so idk

And you're the one betting on everything just popping back into place like the whole world is made out of rubber. Corona will cause mass movements one way or the other.

Where is all this bribe money coming from with 3 million unemployed not paying taxes?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The oil crisis and stagflation means those fat cats in Washington will finally have to work for the people

[a single jellybean falls to the floor]

It's morning in america

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Koishi Komeiji posted:

And you're the one betting on everything just popping back into place like the whole world is made out of rubber. Corona will cause mass movements one way or the other.

Where is all this bribe money coming from with 3 million unemployed not paying taxes?

the thirty-two trillion stored in offshore accounts? corona-chan can be used as an impetus for mass movement, but thinking that the system's colossal failure to respond to this is... I mean, I don't think you're wrong, so I don't mean to assemble the circular firing squad. but I do want to avoid "ah! well, nevertheless,"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Would be better if both the black and white pawns were in the rain while the royalty from both colors got shelter

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Banks caused one of the worst financial crises in the history of the nation and they got loving bailed out on the flimsiest of premises: "if they go under then maybe something bad might possibly happen maybe". How in the loving world do you think the health insurance companies are gonna get bit?

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Peanut President posted:

Banks caused one of the worst financial crises in the history of the nation and they got loving bailed out on the flimsiest of premises: "if they go under then maybe something bad might possibly happen maybe". How in the loving world do you think the health insurance companies are gonna get bit?

Trump is a tremendous moron.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I genuinely envy your ability to still have faith in the people of America to assign blame on the right people and do the right thing.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Shame Boy posted:

I genuinely envy your ability to still have faith in the people of America to assign blame on the right people and do the right thing.

people without jobs or food will loot grocery stores and then when the cops come in to murder them, they will correctly assign blame for that on the government, even if they had previously blamed their joblessness and hunger on the chinese or the democrats

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Would be better if both the black and white pawns were in the rain while the royalty from both colors got shelter

No chess but class chess

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the black pawn and the white pawn have more in common with each other than either with their rulers. Pawns of the world you have only your chains to lose!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

T-man posted:

the black pawn and the white pawn have more in common with each other than either with their rulers. Pawns of the world you have only your chains to lose!

Don't listen to that rabble-rouser! Do you want to be replaced with cheap Chinese checkers? Vote for White King! I promise to keep the Chinese in their place. Black pawns love me!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Unfortunately, there are systemic forces that prevent the pawns from attacking the ruling class that stands behind them.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td8NWRVm8j0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Screaming Idiot posted:

Don't listen to that rabble-rouser! Do you want to be replaced with cheap Chinese checkers? Vote for White King! I promise to keep the Chinese in their place. Black pawns love me!

Go, to the polls