Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Name the prince of Kakin who has all of the eyes Kurapika wants. Dont look it up! Lets see how close you can get.

Tsenderreich

e: drat, I was pretty far off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Meme Emulator posted:

Name the prince of Kakin who has all of the eyes Kurapika wants. Dont look it up! Lets see how close you can get.

Tsenderreich

I just call him Thirdreich, works well enough.

Also I like how Togashi blew up writing a manga about a ghost detective and nowadays he basically ghosts us thru manga.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Meme Emulator posted:

Tsenderreich

Tserreidnich.

Swapped two letters, almost corrected it but left it and turned out to be wrong. Close though.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

Tsenderreich

Tsezuguera.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
That's the guy with King Crimson powers, right?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Benjamin is my favorite prince because his name is easy to spell.

I hope he wins for that reason, unless Togashi reveals that his name is something like Hblyawnefannuwoaeyyasime.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
I find the prince with the money power to be pretty interesting...

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dazoner posted:

I find the prince with the money power to be pretty interesting...

Zhang Lei's Nen beast is definitely one of my favorite designs, both in aesthetic and the many layers of symbolism in it, though I'm curious what exactly it does. Based on the in-comic speculation, it might not actually be that useful in this contest, unfortunately for him.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Zhang Lei's Nen beast is definitely one of my favorite designs, both in aesthetic and the many layers of symbolism in it, though I'm curious what exactly it does. Based on the in-comic speculation, it might not actually be that useful in this contest, unfortunately for him.

It seems his should have a short-term use for the purposes of the boat, but long term the effects will be better. At the very least the value of the coins, or at least the number displayed on them seems to correspond to the number of days the ship has been sailing so either it represents the number of coins in circulation or some other metric for the "bank". I do agree that of the princes; Benjamin, Zhang, and Halkenburg are the standouts. Which is no surprise since they are all the most pro-active princes now excluding Camille who is just bland purely because she has no other layers like the other princes.

My eternal frustration however, is that I still cannot pinpoint whoever the user of Silent Majority is. My top suspect was all but cleared by Rihan, so that leaves one of the maids again. And with a new class starting for Kurapika it seems I won't get the chance to see Silent Majority in action again unless they exploit the vents.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
actually, you won't get a chance to see it in action again because the manga will never get that far if it returns at all.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

actually, you won't get a chance to see it in action again because the manga will never get that far if it returns at all.

:getout:

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
if togashi doesnt re-start the manga again this year imma have to agree, he doesn’t have another 20 years for this arc, the DC arc, and then one more hunter reform/hunters hunting hunters arc into whatever an ending would be

Professorjuggalo fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Feb 22, 2020

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he should hire another artist and swap to a monthly format

that or just write a book

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
So the Volume 7 Blu-ray came the other day and I cried at the end of Chimera Ant again multiple times. HxH is so good y’all. :cry: :dance:

Moriveth
Jul 24, 2004

I'm sorry, I have to take this call.
Yeah I was surprised at how sad the ending to the chimera ant arc was

basically none of the villains get a real satisfying death, it’s either being beat to death by an overpowered Gon (who basically was willing to kill himself if it meant killing Pitou), or woops, you’re dead of radiation poisoning

Like it doesn’t feel satisfying, and I mean that in a positive way.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Tbh I would kind of feel ripped off if the royal guard got real fights, the fact that Miniature Rose wasn’t specifically an anti-ant FUBAR contingency and something people made for killing other people feels pretty gross in a deliberate, brutal way, especially the end result being a LOT of people infected by Pouf’s scales.

Actually tbh poo poo ends up a lot better than I ever would have imagined, when they revealed that Meruem was dying I 100% expected that he would just die without ever meeting Komugi again, or at least only see her for a few seconds and not actually get to die together (which itself would probably be sadder if Komugi didn’t have such a sad life), or the villagers just accepting Reina, which ends up making me more emotional than what a lot of other shows would have done with a more negative endings

Also oddly poignant is the fact that Pitou actually had enough humanity to actually be honest with Gon which very much led to her death, and Pitou’s last thoughts were “thank god this crazy kid is wasting all his potential killing ME and not the King”

HxH is really good y’all, sorry to contribute to the “no chapter thread revival” to say something so obvious

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Last Celebration posted:

So the Volume 7 Blu-ray came the other day and I cried at the end of Chimera Ant again multiple times. HxH is so good y’all. :cry: :dance:

The scenes showing what everyone was up to during the final 2 episodes got me, too. Ant King still dead in a house, holding hands with Komougi.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Melody is my favorite character.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Jon Joe posted:

Hope she finds one of the sheets of music she is looking for during this arc

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

She’s not my favorite but she is a very nice lady and I appreciate her keeping Kurapika from killing himself before Emperor Time got around to it first

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
There hasn't been a chapter since August?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Hasn't been a chapter since December 2018. 17 more weeks and Togashi can beat his old record.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

https://hiatus-hiatus.github.io/

December. Of 2018.

We're creeping up on the record.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

oh jay posted:

https://hiatus-hiatus.github.io/

December. Of 2018.

We're creeping up on the record.

Oh poo poo there was not a single chapter in 2019.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the manga's probably done. at best, togashi might complete the story in some other form.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm sure there's a sense of personal pride in not letting another artist take over for him, but at this point, it's just ridiculous. The other thing is that he might have set up a plot so intricate and complex he can't at least write another volume.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

the manga's probably done. at best, togashi might complete the story in some other form.

No if Togashi was not going to make anymore chapters or was changing the format he would have said so already I think. Pretty sure this is just another long hiatus.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

MonsterEnvy posted:

No if Togashi was not going to make anymore chapters or was changing the format he would have said so already I think. Pretty sure this is just another long hiatus.

if togashi repeats the 60 odd chapters in 8ish years we'll probably only be in the middle of the DC, and that's assuming he keeps at this pace (or this arc ending in 30ish chapters)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
At this point I don’t see a reason for him to change unless he starts facing his own mortality.

Even then might just let it go unfinished

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Edit; I was trolled. I am a fool. There is no hope.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pierson posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkuQfTZHqTw

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Pierson posted:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
We need to rename this thread to "Hunter x Hunter: It's Probably Not a New Chapter, Don't Get Your Hopes Up".

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I just like Melody ok

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oh poo poo there was not a single chapter in 2019.

Probably that December 2018 chapter was an advance for 2019....

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jon Joe posted:

I just like Melody ok

Melody is my favorite character and it's kind of a blessing this manga will never be finished because that means she won't die on the murderboat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
melody is so nice that she put her own goal on hold to keep an eye on kurapika, who is a self destructive mess. there's no reason to believe that any of that cursed music is on the ship, much less in the dark continent so this is very long detour.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

melody is so nice that she put her own goal on hold to keep an eye on kurapika, who is a self destructive mess. there's no reason to believe that any of that cursed music is on the ship, much less in the dark continent so this is very long detour.

I mean, you have all the threats which could basically end the world brought back by every expedition . Finding a musical piece which kills anyone who hears it wouldn’t be out of place on the dark continent

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Asuron posted:

I mean, you have all the threats which could basically end the world brought back by every expedition . Finding a musical piece which kills anyone who hears it wouldn’t be out of place on the dark continent

even if the music originated in the dark continent, that's not what melody is after. she wants to find the copies of the sheet music that already exist and destroy them. also, kurapika wasn't planning to go to the real dark continent, just the fake one that most of the passengers are disembarking at. if the story miraculously gets that far i'd expect kurapika would end up continuing along with leorio and ging, but that's not something he's planned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Pierson posted:

Life lesson for you: Sometimes you don’t get closure. Just pretend the story ended with Gon doing a ton of homework