Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

LODGE NORTH posted:

Heck yea it does. What’s the name of it?

It's a simple parka. They come in multiple colors by you can't customize them so that's annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Is there a method that’s recommended for storing turnips? I just threw them next to my house since I can’t put them in storage...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Nuts and Gum posted:

Is there a method that’s recommended for storing turnips? I just threw them next to my house since I can’t put them in storage...

In your house would keep them safe from other local residents

Someone mentioned putting a fence around them to protect them from guests and best friends, but not residents

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's a simple parka. They come in multiple colors by you can't customize them so that's annoying.

Welp. I guess the quest begins.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Hey y'all. It's raining, it's night-time. Mabel is in town selling among other things, a nose drip. The Nooklings are open for another hour and a half or so and they have a doll and some dinnerware. Harv the hippy photographer is hanging around too. I am mostly AFK but will leave open for a while.

Dodo: 9QKQG

e: closing now! Switch battery is sad. Thanks those who came by!

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 29, 2020

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Astro7x posted:

In your house would keep them safe from other local residents

Someone mentioned putting a fence around them to protect them from guests and best friends, but not residents

I don't think a resident can't break a fence

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Huh. Didn't realize you could buy turnips multiple times. Just thought you could buy once a week and that's it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

LODGE NORTH posted:

I don't think a resident can't break a fence

Can't any other residents move any placed items?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Nuts and Gum posted:

VERY secure

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

LODGE NORTH posted:

Welp. I guess the quest begins.

If you find someone who has bought it, they can buy it again through the Nook Shopping catalog.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

What’s your turnip strategy? Always buy?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
When it rains, are all flowers considered watered, or do you need to "witness" them be wet?

dantheman650 posted:

What’s your turnip strategy? Always buy?

Pretty much as long as you have the time to dedicate to hunting for a good price during the week. I've yet to see Turnips at a bad price to buy, considering you can sell them from 200-600. The lowest they go is 90, but at enough quanitatiy and sell price, it's not enough money to sweat the diff between 90 or 120.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nuts and Gum posted:

i stored them in my bathroom

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

can you move a money tree as it's growing or does it need to be mature or can you move them at all?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Dodo code: MWRK3. Muriel is in town.

I’m AFK but come help yourselves to fruit, there’s a bit of everything in the north east. The highest river section in the north west is lucky - I caught four stringfish there! If anyone has rose or lily seeds I’d be grateful.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

deep dish peat moss posted:

If anyone needs Peaches feel free to come take them, there are a bunch immediately outside the airport, and in the north half of the island too.

C9PLH

If you have other fruit I would appreciate a trade! You can dig up an entire fully grown peach tree if you want but if you do, please replace it with a different kind of fully grown fruit tree.

There's nothing else exciting on my island I have only been playing for 3 days :ohdear:

I may or may not be actively playing but I'll leave it open for most of the day

I grabbed some peaches and left some pears and oranges by you. At least I think it was you, it was someone AFK by the river with an axe. Hopefully no one else swipes them before you get them.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Marzzle posted:

can you move a money tree as it's growing or does it need to be mature or can you move them at all?
not only can you move them, they even show up as "money tree" in your inventory :pram:

once they're planted they can be replanted anywhere just like every other tree

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Marzzle posted:

You can move them from the moment they're planted, like any other tree. Been moving all my money trees to a dedicated area to keep track of them.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

they will never discover my secrets

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You can plop bells in the hole and then immediately transplant the sapling to no ill effect

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Nuts and Gum posted:

outside, but with aesthetic

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

Hey if anyone wants some dope witch cosplay gear, our best friend Mabel is in my square right now with these on offer:

Dodo Code is NKK27

omg I hope I can get in

Edit: I guess not :(

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 29, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nuts and Gum posted:

Bury them.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Mameluke posted:

I hate to keep bringing it up in the thread, especially since so many goons have been hosting on their awesome islands, but does anyone's cranny sell white rose seeds, or would anybody have buds they would part with? I have a Nook Miles ticket for trade.

I can at least drop some buds off (and maybe seeds but I can’t remember without having access to the switch rn). I’ll probably be able to be online a bit later today (like 1-2 hours from this post) - just lmk when you’re able to open your island.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Mameluke posted:

I hate to keep bringing it up in the thread, especially since so many goons have been hosting on their awesome islands, but does anyone's cranny sell white rose seeds, or would anybody have buds they would part with? I have a Nook Miles ticket for trade.

Cercueil posted:

Gonna AFK for a bit so I'll have my gates open. Dodo JPLJJ.

Also, Renee pissed off Megan and she is just super pout right now.

https://twitter.com/CercueilSA/status/1244336584582815744

Edit: Would someone be able to update my username? Formally was C. E. Croix

^ this person has white rose seeds in their Nook if they're still open. I think. I'm pretty sure it was this goon I got them from (thanks, by the way!)

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Chronicler of Dongs posted:

unspeakably powerful image

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Can't any other residents move any placed items?

I think I had residents and villagers mixed up.

I play alone, so I think I should be okay.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Yep, I've got white rose seeds!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
edit: never mind. Thank you Cercueil!

Mameluke fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 29, 2020

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Chronicler of Dongs posted:

Is this toilet ASMR?

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
9L3LC

Shop is open for a bit longer - you can buy apples from the cupboard if you need those.

Nothing else of interest, but it's 20:45 right now so if you're earlier in the day where you are and want to get some extra night time fishing in, I'll be open for a little while.

I'll be Semi-AFK in the park.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is the going stringfish strategy to take a bunch of bait to a mystery island and post up at a raised lake? Does it need to be two tiers up or is just one okay? Certain islands better than others?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hobo Clown posted:

Is the going stringfish strategy to take a bunch of bait to a mystery island and post up at a raised lake? Does it need to be two tiers up or is just one okay? Certain islands better than others?

Stringfish are in raised rivers not lakes, one tier up is fine, no need to be on a mystery island either they spawn at yours.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

compounded daily posted:

Meet Jacob.

He's a bit of a weirdo.

Total weirdo.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Stringfish are in raised rivers not lakes, one tier up is fine, no need to be on a mystery island either they spawn at yours.

I thought lakes and rivers had the same types of fish in them for some reason. If it's a lake that feeds into a waterfall which one does that count as?

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Can’t believe I slept in and now I have to wait a whole nother week to buy turnips... smh

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Hobo Clown posted:

Just one tier is fine but it needs to be in a river, not a lake (e.g. not the ponds which don't connect to the river).

If you're using bait I don't think going to a mystery island helps. Strategies seem to be:

1) Use lots of bait

2) Try and hit the large fish mystery island that only produces large fish shadows.

3) Go to a small mystery island where you can quickly run around and clear all the inapplicable fish shadows so more will respawn.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
did anyone get a pic of that vampire costume? :shobon:

Hobo Clown posted:

I thought lakes and rivers had the same types of fish in them for some reason. If it's a lake that feeds into a waterfall which one does that count as?

that counts as a river. The only thing that counts as a lake is bodies of water completely closed off from anything else.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Sanford posted:

Dodo code: MWRK3. Muriel is in town.

I’m AFK but come help yourselves to fruit, there’s a bit of everything in the north east. The highest river section in the north west is lucky - I caught four stringfish there! If anyone has rose or lily seeds I’d be grateful.
Lovely island! Didn't have any seeds for you, but left a few apples for the pears I took.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Good god some of you have some amazing setups already!

I better go move my 401k, if any of those neighbors steal my poo poo off the ground I’m going to kill them all in their sleep.

That’s a game mechanic right??