Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

WOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Randaconda posted:

nah, it's fine, just have to fry it and get some Maillard reaction going.

No that just emphasises the chemical tang. Spam is irredeemable.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Spam is delicious with rice and eggs.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
growing up poor as gently caress spam and eggs is one of my solid poverty nostalgia trips.

are there better things? sure.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I would money, like real US American Dollars, to see a no holds barred fight between sentient scrapple and spam.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
smh at people who have never had a spam musubi

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Spam fuckin owns. gently caress the haters

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

morallyobjected posted:

no poo poo, it was waaaaay better than i expected

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tim Whatley posted:

You're a man with cool and good opinions, Tim

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

morallyobjected posted:

poo poo owns

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I've never had Spam but I've always wanted to try musubi. I have to head out into my diseased, locked down world to go to the store later for some supplies, and I'm tempted to get some some Spam and try to make some musubi myself.

Content:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Always tip your well done spam

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I'd legit love to try spam but I never stumbled upon it and in Germany I'm pretty sure we don't even have it.

But I'm really curious how it tastes.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Son of Rodney posted:

I'd legit love to try spam but I never stumbled upon it and in Germany I'm pretty sure we don't even have it.

It tastes exactly how you'd expect a Meat Slurry Jello would taste.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Son of Rodney posted:

Tastes a lot like ham. Salty pork. Different texture tho.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Son of Rodney posted:

Most European countries already have multiple native versions. The Polish version is called mielonka. Spam is just luncheon meat, but worse. I'm sure you know this already and you're well aware you should abandon this fool's errand.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Son of Rodney posted:

It's pretty much the same as "Frühstücksfleisch".

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Spam is fine - the most objectionable thing is that it is really salty.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Son of Rodney posted:

Every christmas stocking I've received since I was 8 years old has contained a loaf of white bread, a small jar of miracle whip, and a can of spam. Spam is a magical treat as long as you don't eat it all the time. If you can publicly commit to making a fully pictoral Spam unboxing, consumption, and reaction thread in GBS, please PM me your shipping address/details. Nobody should be deprived of Spam if their heart is willing.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Spam is fine - the most objectionable thing is that it is really salty.

coke zero mit mayo
Nov 5, 2008

Son of Rodney posted:

Frühstücksfleisch, op

It loving sucks

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

d3lness posted:

Most European countries already have multiple native versions. The Polish version is called mielonka. Spam is just luncheon meat, but worse. I'm sure you know this already and you're well aware you should abandon this fool's errand.

OH yeah sure, I know Frühstücksfleisch, but ever since I saw 3 tall, blonde Vikings gloriously chanting "spam, spam, spam, spam!" I had this urge to try the original.

When I finally do it i will be dissapointed, and can finally stop wondering though.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

That's strange, I can hear this picture

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I only had spam once and it wasn't a million miles away from corned beef, for me.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

I would money, like real US American Dollars, to see a no holds barred fight between sentient scrapple and spam.

Since he's not going to do a coronavirus book, maybe we can get Chuck Tingle on this? "Spammed in the rear end by sentient spam as scrapple does a reacharound"?

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Scrapple is a loving crime against humanity and gently caress everybody from PA who likes it. I only hate it because my previous job in Rhode Island had a disproportionate number of employees poached from Pennsylvania. They would not shut the hell up about that horrendous food homunculus of pig flesh made grocery. Yes I enjoy luncheon meats, why do you ask?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Tim Whatley posted:

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

d3lness posted:

Scrapple is a loving crime against humanity and gently caress everybody from PA who likes it. I only hate it because my previous job in Rhode Island had a disproportionate number of employees poached from Pennsylvania. They would not shut the hell up about that horrendous food homunculus of pig flesh made grocery. Yes I enjoy luncheon meats, why do you ask?

Maryland too.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Frühstücksfleisch

B̶̼̤̺̟͙̠͓͚͚̥͎̜̻̼͒͂ͅŗ̶̡̛̯̝̪̩͈͈͒͑̿͛ͅȩ̸̛̻̠̺͉̺͂̆̔̓̕͜͝a̷̡̨͖̮̞͉͎̝͑́̉̀͛͐̏̈̀̐͋̈́k̷̟͉͐̑ḟ̷̠̆̎̏̉͛̇ä̷̦̤̬̹̼̘̜͇̺̫͇̞̱́̓̃͌̃̍̒̌͐͗̐̇š̸̛͖̤̩͉̲̐͑͆̔͋͑̾̕͝t̴̡̨̡̩̻̻͎̥̹͕̗̭̠͌͗̋̅̀͐̔̍ͅ ̶̨̛̫̠̦͓͉̗̳̩̗̜̙̈́̓̓̃̑f̴̆͂̾̾͂̔͛̓̍̋̚͜͠l̶̲͗̈̈́̄͗̑̕e̶̦͈̤̟̣̙͕̺̦̼̟̺͚̘͐̀͋̔͒͋̅̀͐̀̔͘͜s̴̥̻͚͈̤͐̀̋̇͑̇̒̎̍͘͘̚͠h̷͕̟̣̬̱͇͖͙̣̣͛͘͜

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Tree Bucket posted:

That's strange, I can hear this picture

That skit is still funnier than it has any right to be*

*haven't seen it in years

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Mushika posted:

I've never had Spam but I've always wanted to try musubi. I have to head out into my diseased, locked down world to go to the store later for some supplies, and I'm tempted to get some some Spam and try to make some musubi myself.

Sorry for continuing the derail, but fried up some Spam and had it with some really spicy congee and it was loving good.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Spam musubi is extremely my jam, and I'm sad they cancelled the cherry blossom festival this year because theirs is the best.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

People who bitch about Spam are weak. These are the ingredients:

* Pork shoulder
* Ham
* Salt
* Water
* Potato starch
* Sugar
* Sodium nitrate

It's almost entirely meat with a small amount of binder and a single harmless preservative that keeps it pink. It's literally just salty-tasting pork.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

People who bitch about Spam are weak. These are the ingredients:

* Pork shoulder
* Ham
* Salt
* Water
* Potato starch
* Sugar
* Sodium nitrate

It's almost entirely meat with a small amount of binder and a single harmless preservative that keeps it pink. It's literally just salty-tasting pork.

God bless.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

chitoryu12 posted:

It's almost entirely meat

Put this on the can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Mushika posted:

Content:

Woah black betty