Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Apparently the decorations you can get with Nook Miles later on like the public bench, snack machine, park clock, monster statue, etc. have different colors but they aren't customizable and they don't rotate out per day*, they're just random per island.

*I suppose they could rotate per month but I haven't found anyone that's figured that out and I don't care to time travel at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Color Printer posted:

Apparently the decorations you can get with Nook Miles later on like the public bench, snack machine, park clock, monster statue, etc. have different colors but they aren't customizable and they don't rotate out per day*, they're just random per island.

*I suppose they could rotate per month but I haven't found anyone that's figured that out and I don't care to time travel at the moment

Yeah it's annoying as poo poo, who the gently caress wants a traditional phone box that isn't red or a Godzilla that isn't greeny-brown

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

Haha sorry! No but I can come back and drop it off in a couple minutes.

I would appreciate that so much, thank you!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Cool, it only took me like 5 bait to get a sturgeon. First large fish I had spawn at the river mouth with it.

Maybe a stringfish later tonight...

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

Openning this bad boy up again.
Our best friend Mabel is in my square right now with these on offer:

Dodo Code is 4WSVX

Not sure when she will leave, but it's about 6:30pm here at the moment.

Hid some peaches and oranges for ya!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
oh my gosh

everyone please look at my new friend :kimchi:

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

island spawns are now confirmed to be set when you travel to the island. So, if you want, you can open up an island before you go to bed, then wake up and collect all of the fuzzy spiders.

or, you know, extend your time hunting for time-locked fish

drat. I wasted a ton of time trying to fish up salmon and trout on my sturgeon island earlier in that case. Got plenty of sturgeon to sell as a consolation prize I guess.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

My most recent islands had Anicotti (literally the fifth mouse I've met on an island, by far the most populous animal I've run into, and I haven't even seen certain types like wolves, dogs, and cats!!) and Charlise. Ugggggghhhhhhhh why do I keep getting all the villagers I hate. I did invite Rodeo, I don't have a specific preference for him but a friend likes him and he's a cool-looking demon bull so eh, could be worse. None of my islands have been exciting in terms of design either - I could really use some hybrid flowers but otherwise there's no materials I'm hurting for right now aside from bells. At least my Able Sisters shop opens tomorrow, I think, since it was under extended construction today.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

homeless snail posted:

Its pretty much a dice roll for each flower you water whether it spreads or not, and another one whether it hybridizes or not. So having more flowers increases your odds just by virtue of having more bites at the apple

Oh good! Was worried my fields of flowers were wasted.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

Openning this bad boy up again.
Our best friend Mabel is in my square right now with these on offer:

Dodo Code is 4WSVX

Not sure when she will leave, but it's about 6:30pm here at the moment.

Thank you so much, that dress makes perfect witch robes. Already had the hat and a cute umbrella that'll go with them. :kimchi:

E: And there!

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 30, 2020

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Does anyone have all black boots I can fondle real quick?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

Thanks, made some cash selling my fruits and got some good fashion :tipshat:

e: oh yeah and a magma wall :stare:

That would go good with my lava floor.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The only thing I still need for March is that drat stringfish. Does anyone have a spare? This must be like a 1% spawn rate

Vogelspinne
Dec 16, 2010

Mameluke posted:

Feel like leaving my island open while I do my second round of daily tasks (time-travelling turnip holders beware!) at BNGXQ. I have Mable's store and Saharah is in town, and turnips sell for a mere 64 bells. Come visit me if you have cool sources of ambient light to sell or any medieval-looking clothing!

Your Sahara sold me my most wanted wallpaper (the rainy garden one) so thank you so much for that!!!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

jivjov posted:

The only thing I still need for March is that drat stringfish. Does anyone have a spare? This must be like a 1% spawn rate

As far as i know you can't give away fish?

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

My mandatory camper is Zell, who seems pretty cool.

Still hunting for that Stringfish, though. I thought y'all said this game was chill? :colbert:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

GoodBee posted:

That would go good with my lava floor.

Friend code's in the list in the OP if you want to friend and trade them (I won't be offended if it's just for the trade if you don't want rando friends)

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Vogelspinne posted:

Your Sahara sold me my most wanted wallpaper (the rainy garden one) so thank you so much for that!!!

Mameluke posted:

Feel like leaving my island open while I do my second round of daily tasks (time-travelling turnip holders beware!) at BNGXQ. I have Mable's store and Saharah is in town, and turnips sell for a mere 64 bells. Come visit me if you have cool sources of ambient light to sell or any medieval-looking clothing!

Brother...please reopen

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Falstaff posted:

Still hunting for that Stringfish, though. I thought y'all said this game was chill? :colbert:

Got the same guy. Invited him in. He seems entertaining. Also found a pig on one of the mystery islands. Both of them moving in.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Deviant posted:

You can if you're Best Friends, place it on the ground and the other person picks it up. You have to be willing to trust people with axe and shovel privileges though.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Deviant posted:

Wait really? I thought they were just like any other item

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Procrastine posted:

You can if you're Best Friends, place it on the ground and the other person picks it up. You have to be willing to trust people with axe and shovel privileges though.

In that case I am APBing and offering bells for a golden trout.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Loving the chances to go out and buy other folk's stuff this weekend, even if the queues get a little...interesting

https://i.imgur.com/U3bUbMH.mp4

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Falstaff posted:

It is! You can just catch it later when it comes back in season. I can never be bothered to hunt for all the fish and insects each months; it’s far too unchill.

My mandatory camper was Marshall. He seems like kind of a tool, I’ll be shipping him out ASAP.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Went into Audies house and Goose was there. He turned her vaccum on then promptly say down and started reading.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Montalvo posted:

It is! You can just catch it later when it comes back in season. I can never be bothered to hunt for all the fish and insects each months; it’s far too unchill.

My mandatory camper was Marshall. He seems like kind of a tool, I’ll be shipping him out ASAP.

He's like the most popular villager. You could sell him probably

I had him in NL, he's pretty cute.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

^burtle posted:

Hid some peaches and oranges for ya!

Not sure where these might be, but thank you either way. :^)

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

My mandatory villager was Hippeaux, which I don't have a problem with on its own, but one of my original two was another hippo (Biff) so the hippo concentration in my island feels really high.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Procrastine posted:

Just did a test, this doesnt work.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Is there a minimum age for online features? I got a family NSO membership and my 5 year old has plenty of friends from Pocket Camp. Yes, I linked the accounts. The friends show up on the Home screen, but not in game.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

woo! There's a meteor shower tonight in Humble! Dodo code is DY5SX.

Edit: Make sure you look up at the sky and press A when you see a shooting star, and don't forget to talk to Celeste to pick up her DIY recipe!

Tenik fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 30, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tenik posted:

woo! There's a meteor shower tonight in Humble! Dodo code is DY5SX.

Does wishing on a star in another island get you star pieces on your island?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kid sinister posted:

Is there a minimum age for online features? I got a family NSO membership and my 5 year old has plenty of friends from Pocket Camp. Yes, I linked the accounts. The friends show up on the Home screen, but not in game.
That doesn't make them Switch friends I don't think? There's an option for friend suggestions that pulls from the Nintendo phone games though

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Deviant posted:

Just did a test, this doesnt work.

Sorry, I didn't try it myself, only heard from elsewhere, my bad.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I found a villager yesterday that seems to be a caramel apple with octopus tentacles on a mystery island and invited them to move in but they didn't show up today, what do I need to do to get them in my town?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Drake the duck just parked his rear end on the ground between Sheldon's house and the airport dock, and he's eating a donut. Just sitting there. In the middle of the non-existent road. Eating a donut.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Electric Phantasm posted:

Edit: I'm wrong

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

deep dish peat moss posted:

I found a villager yesterday that seems to be a caramel apple with octopus tentacles on a mystery island and invited them to move in but they didn't show up today, what do I need to do to get them in my town?

Give it more time, during the morning announcements Tom Nook will get a phone call and then he will ask you setup three houses. You can invite 2 more people, but if you don't those two houses will go to some randos.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice

Yes. Confirmed this during a meteor shower at a friends town last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Yep, they'll show up the next morning as if it was on your own island.

Source: That's how I got my star wand, I haven't had a single shooting star on my own island.