Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I can't wait to drink a crispy pint of beer. Everyone's gonna be so toey you'll probably be rooting like two leagues up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I can't wait to drink a crispy pint of beer. Everyone's gonna be so toey you'll probably be rooting like two leagues up

Thought I would try out tinder after I moved to Sydney.......thanks Covid-19

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I work under my own ABN how do I collect my money

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I think if you absolutely run your business into the ground with no regard for best practices you’ll fit the profile for getting an absolute bucketload of cash from the government no worries and the rest is just details

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Humphreys posted:

My neighbours are experiencing the wonders of my Plex server. I'm experiencing user management and bandwidth allocation. Yelling out "oi no 4K oval office" out the window is helping,

If your neighbours are using your local network over your wifi, how is even streaming 4k from your local network plex server taxing your local bandwidth? Is your wifi AP running on 802.11g or b?

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

so looking forward to heading into the office this morning :ohdear:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

naeka posted:

so looking forward to heading into the office this morning :ohdear:

Hey i'm already there.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

There was some of the absolutely dumbest cunts at my woolies yesterday attempting to bypass the 2-per-person limit on various items.

an indian woman with one trolley full of stuff and an indian man behind her in line with a basket.

She puts her stuff on the belt and its loaded into the trolley, she pays, then slowly (exaggeratedly) loads the bags into her trolley.

then the bloke puts his poo poo on the conveyor, it gets bagged by the cashie and then he starts loading it all into the womans trolley.

then the cashie caught on and voided the sale and took all the poo poo back under supervision of the manager. They argued, everyone stared on in disappointed/muted rage.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
My daughter's work has set up a roster for admin staff to work from home two days a week. The department doesn't have money in its budget to provide them with laptops so it's told them they can take their work desktops home. Almost everyone in the office gets to and from work by public transport.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Lolie posted:

My daughter's work has set up a roster for admin staff to work from home two days a week. The department doesn't have money in its budget to provide them with laptops so it's told them they can take their work desktops home. Almost everyone in the office gets to and from work by public transport.

Most workstations will fit in a back pack, or failing that a green shopping bag.

the monitors will make it tricky.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Laserface posted:

There was some of the absolutely dumbest cunts at my woolies yesterday attempting to bypass the 2-per-person limit on various items.

an indian woman with one trolley full of stuff and an indian man behind her in line with a basket.

She puts her stuff on the belt and its loaded into the trolley, she pays, then slowly (exaggeratedly) loads the bags into her trolley.

then the bloke puts his poo poo on the conveyor, it gets bagged by the cashie and then he starts loading it all into the womans trolley.

then the cashie caught on and voided the sale and took all the poo poo back under supervision of the manager. They argued, everyone stared on in disappointed/muted rage.

How hard would it have been to meet out of eyeshot lol

ili
Jul 26, 2003

That's what I was thinking. Like it's one thing to flout the limits but jeez put in even a token effort. That's just poor form.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Isaac posted:

I work under my own ABN how do I collect my money

lol.

You can access your super. :shrug:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ABC_NewsRadio/status/1244399569313517569

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Laserface posted:

With 5 people in the house, we would normally buy 4+ loaves of bread and 3+ 3 litre bottles of milk and keep them in the freezer after shopping. Not to mention every other product. 2 per shop means we'd have to shop more often and get exposed more.

So I can understand why people want more items. Doing it the way you say they did obvs is a bit dumb though.

Haven't been to the shops for more than a week now. Going to be interesting venturing out again.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Boomer teacher has gone derp mode on google classroom. First she added a pile of students as teachers then in the mess of fixing it she deleted kids who should have been enrolled in the classroom. loving terrific

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

McSpergin posted:

How hard would it have been to meet out of eyeshot lol

I mean the checkie was wise to their plan well before he got his poo poo on the belt. They were in the same line, talking to each other.

then when she voided his entire shop and told him, he looked so dumbfounded like he had nooooo idea there was limits in place.

I inadvertently had 3-4 of some items that were limited to 2pp but they could at least see i was just an idiot instead of someone trying to game it.

wtf do indians do with 9+ litre of milk a week anyway?

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Laserface posted:

Yoghurt I believe

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Probably making yoghurt or curd cheese (paneer etc) most likely, I can't really say as it's not something my partner does. But yeah, milk heated to 96C then with some Citric acid added will split and you can make paneer or ricotta from it.
That or they've got like 8 kids

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Laserface posted:

We used to go through a couple of litres of milk a day when my three kids lived at home.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

That bit in Contagion when Kate Winslet gets sick and dies despite being the best, most informed authority on contagious diseases.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Humphreys posted:

This is my low effort one. Been cranking it all arvo. I THINK I have the lyrics down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OyBtMPqpNY

Thanks man. Now I am listening to it on repeat.

It's a bit tricky.

R.E.M. It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid
Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn
World serves its own needs
Don't mis-serve your own needs
Speed it up a notch, speed, grunt, no, strength
The ladder starts to clatter
With a fear of height, down, height
Wire in a fire, represent the seven games
And a government for hire and a combat site
Left her, wasn't coming in a hurry
With the Furies breathing down your neck
Team by team, reporters baffled, trumped, tethered, cropped
Look at that low plane, fine, then
Uh oh, overflow, population, common group
But it'll do, save yourself, serve yourself
World serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed
Tell me with the Rapture and the reverent in the right, right
You vitriolic, patriotic, slam fight, bright light
Feeling pretty psyched
It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine
Six o'clock, T.V. hour, don't get caught in foreign tower
Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself churn
Lock him in uniform, book burning, bloodletting
Every motive escalate, automotive incinerate
Light a candle, light a motive, step down, step down
Watch your heel crush, crush, uh oh
This means no fear, cavalier, renegade and steering clear
A tournament, a tournament, a tournament of lies
Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline
It's the end of the world as we know it (I had some time alone)
It's the end of the world as we know it (I had some time alone)
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine (time I had some time alone)
I feel fine (I feel fine)
It's the end of the world as we know it (time I had some time alone)
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine (time I had some time alone)
The other night I drifted nice continental drift divide
Mountains sit in a line, Leonard Bernstein
Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs
Birthday party, cheesecake, jellybean, boom
You symbiotic, patriotic, slam but neck, right, right

E: :lol: I would need to break my ice (meth) hiatus to sing this awesome song.

Blow fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 30, 2020

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

McSpergin posted:

Probably making yoghurt or curd cheese (paneer etc) most likely, I can't really say as it's not something my partner does. But yeah, milk heated to 96C then with some Citric acid added will split and you can make paneer or ricotta from it.
That or they've got like 8 kids

easier to use UHT / long life milk imo. Just need to heat to 30something degrees then.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
There are some early signs that Australia may be starting to flatten the curve. Let's hope it encourages people to try even harder and doesn't lead to them thinking they don't need to bother any more.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Alot of indians ive worked with would drink tea room milk instead of water. They love the stuff

ili
Jul 26, 2003

As a teen I'd drink 2l of milk a day by myself.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

All you straight up milk drinkers are insane and anyone who drinks plain milk is a deviant. Milk goes in things, it is not fit to be a standalone beverage.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I’m a straight milk guy but remember that milk ad where the two dudes in sharp tuxes turn up to the b&s ball and order a glass of milk despite all the other blokes clearly being on the piss and the ladies go wild for them. I thought that ad was cool when I was a kid but now I am an adult all I can think is ‘those two dudes must smell like rancid farts all the fuckin time’

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

had a bit of a breakdown at work this morning. i wanna see my mama but the hospital she works at is turning into a plague locker so fast she won't let me risk it with ny immune system poo poo, I'm only marginally less likely to get it at my office aswell. ended up pushing through and coming up on end of the day now so i can repeat it all again tomorrow. i have been offered the choice to use my sick leave to not come in but gently caress i feel helpless about it and want to contribute before poo poo gets even worse. what a year huh.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

ili posted:

As a teen I'd drink 2l of milk a day by myself.

Not quite as much but I was a fair fiend for milk as a kid. Nowhere near that now, maybe half a litre a day between my large coffee and a bowl of cereal (if I'm having cereal)

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

naeka posted:

had a bit of a breakdown at work this morning. i wanna see my mama but the hospital she works at is turning into a plague locker so fast she won't let me risk it with ny immune system poo poo, I'm only marginally less likely to get it at my office aswell. ended up pushing through and coming up on end of the day now so i can repeat it all again tomorrow. i have been offered the choice to use my sick leave to not come in but gently caress i feel helpless about it and want to contribute before poo poo gets even worse. what a year huh.

It's been a hell of a ride just these first 3 months, jfc

I hope there's some serious ramifications that come out of the bushfire and pandemic crises though

Like politicians going to the loving guillotine lmao

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I feel like a complete genius without a thousand cones obliterating my brain chemistry.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I have 50g a milk a day on the reg in my coffee

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

naeka posted:

Not to be a oval office, but (<-- :lol:) this is just the start of this virus.

Wait until the slums in Brazil, Kenya, and Campbelltown get it. And those refugee camps in Turkey.

:350:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Megabound posted:

All you straight up milk drinkers are insane and anyone who drinks plain milk is a deviant. Milk goes in things, it is not fit to be a standalone beverage.

My grandfather taught me how to milk a cow.

You can squirt from the udder into your mouth.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

I feel like a complete genius without a thousand cones obliterating my brain chemistry.

What were we talking about again?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I'm currently blasting a Deadcrush (Alt-J) remix by alchemist and trooko featuring Danny Brown

P good. Gonna listen to the rest of the alt-j remix album

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Blow posted:

Not to be a oval office

:ironicat:

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Also I made some Hibiscus tea with dried hibiscus, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and aniseed myrtle. It's P good tbh, I watered it down a bit to get more life out of it and it's just as good.

I didn't think to record amounts used but so it'll be guesswork for everything bar the hibiscus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I love drinking malk