Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

runchild posted:

I sure wish it had told me about the 5 catalog orders per day rule BEFORE I failed to get the daily K.K. song.

It did. It tells you this before you can even order from the catalog the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

PantsBandit posted:

Tbh KK should be your absolute #1 priority so this one is on you.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bah 72 bells.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Oxyclean posted:

Dunno how accurate this is for New Horizons, (or New Leaf) but they speculate it's about the same?
https://twitter.com/KnightCarmine/status/1244392945056276482?s=20

Also, I'm not too clear on what the campsite is for... I had my mandatory visitor there and was made to help him move in. But it seems like in order to get other new villagers I need to put down a plot and go to islands. Or is the campsite situation a slower way to get new villagers where you can build the plot after one shows up?

I guess the very gist of it is that everyone should be aware of their first few prices to try and find a pattern. Whenever it goes up compared to the previous prices, you should start paying attention for the third increase since that'll be your peak, and if it followed the green pattern here, it should be a big one

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Everyone doing very pretty and photo-quality (ish) custom designs, are you all just doing the "reduce in photoshop and copy pixels perfectly" method? Or is there some other easier way? Is there any way to import/export?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I found my strategy guide yesterday!

There's a bunch of things I was reminded about the original:

• Your character had these weird horns on the side of their head.
  • Gamecube couldn't handle displaying the entire town at once, so you'd be in a square in a grid and when you got to the edge you'd "jump" to the next grid space.
  • So many characters that are seemingly missing in New Horizons! Tortimer (RIP?), the cops, Rover, Redd, etc.
  • The ugly furniture sets! I don't think many/any of the items made it into more modern versions of the game. You can customize some furniture to look like the Kiddie set, and it's just as garish looking.
  • Gyroids, which will hopefully be added in a free DLC.
  • Gameboy Advance Islands! Certain animals only lived on the island.
  • Last but not least - NES games. The strategy guide even has Nintendo Power tips for the games! I don't really know if I'd want NES games in New Horizons because there's so much more to do, but something similar would be a nice easter egg.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Crap. Keaton is sick. On one hand, I want him out of this town so I'm trying to not talk to him. On the other, I have a heart and it hurts to make someone suffer needlessly just because I don't like them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

LifeLynx posted:

[*] So many characters that are seemingly missing in New Horizons! Tortimer (RIP?), the cops, Rover, Redd, etc.

That's one change I'm glad for -- Screw those doghead cops. I did love the lost/found and garbage dump areas though.

Hipster Rooster
Feb 7, 2012

I only eat organic grain

Question: if I build a new house for 10000 bells from Nook, will a new villager move in automatically, or will they first show up in the camp site so I can choose who can move in? Will anybody show up on the camping spot until I build a vacant house?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Huxley posted:

Everyone doing very pretty and photo-quality (ish) custom designs, are you all just doing the "reduce in photoshop and copy pixels perfectly" method? Or is there some other easier way? Is there any way to import/export?

https://acpatterns.com

This website will auto-covert an image for you, and make a QR code. To scan in the QR code, you need to get the Switch Online app for your (real life) phone. Once you scan it, you can go into the design menu ingame and press + to download it. You need to have online enabled on the Switch for this to work.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Campsite finally built. I gather that whoever stays there will be my new move-in. Do I have the opportunity to scout villagers on islands again, or will this just be a rando no matter what I do? I only ask because I'm saving my Nook Miles to buy stuff rather than visiting islands right now, but if I get to choose a non-uggo to move in then I'll do that instead.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

My meathead dog friend is rapidly becoming a favourite of mine. He's such a delightful idiot. He asked me if I was going to use my abs of steel to polevault across the whole island today.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Martytoof posted:

Campsite finally built. I gather that whoever stays there will be my new move-in. Do I have the opportunity to scout villagers on islands again, or will this just be a rando no matter what I do? I only ask because I'm saving my Nook Miles to buy stuff rather than visiting islands right now, but if I get to choose a non-uggo to move in then I'll do that instead.

I believe the first camper to come to your campsite is a random smug villager who you have to invite. After that, you can add new housing plots to your island and either wait for a rando to move in, invite a camper, or meet someone on a Nook Miles island like you could earlier in the game and invite them.

Wilekat posted:

My meathead dog friend is rapidly becoming a favourite of mine. He's such a delightful idiot. He asked me if I was going to use my abs of steel to polevault across the whole island today.

Is it Mac? He's one of my starter villagers and he owns

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wow, save your Nook Miles y'all. Teacup Ride is NOT rideable!!!!

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cicadalek posted:

https://acpatterns.com

This website will auto-covert an image for you, and make a QR code. To scan in the QR code, you need to get the Switch Online app for your (real life) phone. Once you scan it, you can go into the design menu ingame and press + to download it. You need to have online enabled on the Switch for this to work.

Thank you!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Wilekat posted:

I love my jock deer. If he moves out I think I'm setting the island on fire.

Harrow posted:

I believe the first camper to come to your campsite is a random smug villager who you have to invite. After that, you can add new housing plots to your island and either wait for a rando to move in, invite a camper, or meet someone on a Nook Miles island like you could earlier in the game and invite them.

Ah ok thank you, I'll save my miles then. I'm already involved in one operation "heartless uggo eviction" so worst case I may have to do it twice.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Guilty posted:

It did. It tells you this before you can even order from the catalog the first time.

I sure don’t remember that. I checked a Let’s Play and Nook doesn’t mention it when you first access the terminal. Maybe it’s when you get access to the catalog instead of just the specials? Maybe it even changes at that point, cause I could have sworn I’ve ordered more than 5 before.

minema
May 31, 2011

Harrow posted:

Is it Mac? He's one of my starter villagers and he owns

I got Mac as a starter villager in this and I had him back in Wild World so I was pretty happy with that. Then Benjamin moved in and the other day they were both in the plaza doing airplane zooms together, it was so adorable :3

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hipster Rooster posted:

Question: if I build a new house for 10000 bells from Nook, will a new villager move in automatically, or will they first show up in the camp site so I can choose who can move in? Will anybody show up on the camping spot until I build a vacant house?

I'm unsure if anyone (eventually) moves in randomly, but once you've reserved a plot you can go on island expeditions and find new animals to invite similar to how you got your first new villager at the start of the game.

it's pretty great

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Khanstant posted:

Crap. Keaton is sick. On one hand, I want him out of this town so I'm trying to not talk to him. On the other, I have a heart and it hurts to make someone suffer needlessly just because I don't like them.

If you talk to him or touch anything in his house then you become a carrier and will probably affect everyone else on the island. The Nooklings will be forced to close and Mabel's new business won't even get off the ground.

On the plus side though you can now make bells delivering fruit and fish to any mailbox

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

So shameful to read about people evicting residents....

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Yeah I think it's Mac. Not got my switch to hand just now to double check. I'm so charmed by this dumb game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So I was just running around my island picking stuff up, kinda planning what to do next and this bit pops in my head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAUnDDTz30k

then a gift shows up, i pop it and pick it up and

it's a soup kettle

:tinfoil:

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Hey is there an orange hat item in the game? I just got a striped shirt and I want to dress up as Ono Michio. I have the bold and trendy ono shirt and stylish boots, vital for any fisherman. All I need is the charming hassaku face and cute fish pouch.

Hipster Rooster posted:

I built my first $10k house last night and this morning I found that Angus is moving in. I've never seen him on an island and I never asked him to move in.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Opening my village up while I'm at work! I have all the fruits, feel free to shake trees for any that are there(pears haven't fruited). If anyone wants to tip, flowers or onsen/bathhouse themed furniture are appreciated but nothing is necessary :bubblewoop:

Dodo Code: closed cause my partner is gonna play Stardew on her break!
Southern Hemisphere - Raining
Saharah Wallpaper: Kisses wallpaper
Saharah Flooring: Mossy floor
Turnip prices: Doodoo, like ~160, will check after 12pm for updated price

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 30, 2020

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Your Computer posted:

I'm unsure if anyone (eventually) moves in randomly, but once you've reserved a plot you can go on island expeditions and find new animals to invite similar to how you got your first new villager at the start of the game.

it's pretty great

Ah, good! I almost began ignoring Nook Mile Tickets entirely, and I've just invited my first campsite villager with more plots on the ground.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoodBee posted:

This is worse.
https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Rodney

Day 2 of not talking to this rear end in a top hat.

I got him as well and just. Ugh. UGH

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I fished for an hour while it was raining today and caught 0 coelacanth. Lame.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
You just loving what mate?
https://twitter.com/acnh_tip/status/1244530610200166400?s=19

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I haven't gotten overlapping personalities yet, but most villagers seem like they've got "unique" personalities and dialogue tied to that villager based off the general personality (Sassy, Jock, etc)

Two of my friends have Diva and absolutely can't stand her, but I've got a villager in the same personality quirk and she's a lot more bearable. Axel seems to pop up every now and then in the thread and he's always just sweeping and pumping iron. Apples spends all day either asleep under a tree or Naruto running in the plaza

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

SeXReX posted:

A lot of people will build a little fence pen at the airport so you can't even get to the island without paying the cover

I built one if those because I thought it made a nice reception area. Plus you can push Daisy in there and fence her in for visitors.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:pusheen:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

That seems like the appropriate amount of violence for those little bastards.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I've finally unlocked terraforming-- anyone got the hookup on a QR code for some cool looking path designs?

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I'm sure someone else on the internet has thought to try by now, but I just planted a money tree sapling into a second golden hole. I'll let you know how it turns out!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I love when I'm shaking trees with the net already out and I forget that once I start going through the motions so I still sit there on the inventory screen for a moment instead of just bagging em

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Are there Amiibo card packs available right now or are they all sold out? I see some online, but I don't know what works for this game.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Thwomp posted:

I fished for an hour while it was raining today and caught 0 coelacanth. Lame.

Same, that's my goal since it's raining here too but no luck....darn sea bass.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

runchild posted:

I sure wish it had told me about the 5 catalog orders per day rule BEFORE I failed to get the daily K.K. song.

Try not to stress, you’ll start seeing repeats before too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there any reason to keep non-fruit trees on my island?